Request: Personally Updating the TearRing Saga 1 Section

Aethin

Now that the new version of the patch has been released, I'd like to revamp the TRS section to match it, if that's all right (or failing that, at least contribute a name-equivalence chart to it). Perhaps I could do something like Othin did with Berwick Saga and put it on the Serenes Wiki?

I've catalogued all of my changes very thoroughly, so I think it'd be largely a cut-and-paste job.

Heya!

To begin with, thanks for the hard work updating the TRS patch! As somebody who spent too many hours fiddling with the FE12 script, I can probably imagine the amount of work you put in--and I'm pretty sure TRS is a far wordier game XD

As for your request, I'd love to have your help, but I'm just wondering how different the names in the latest patch are? My general rule is to stick with the Japanese names so less people get confused. Especially when there are various patch revisions, often with ever-changing names.

But on the other hand, if there's only going to be one definitive English translation (and version) of TRS (like the one for FE12), I guess there's no harm in revising all the existing pages with the new names.

In any case, I definitely wouldn't say "no" to a name chart. Plus it would be useful for me to see all the new names at a glance so I can make a better decision of how to move forward ^^

If you can make a HTML table, spreadsheet or something similar (or if you already have one), let me know!

I've been wondering where I can find a full list of the changes in the new translation... Is there one?

See below for my spreadsheet.

Heya!

To begin with, thanks for the hard work updating the TRS patch! As somebody who spent too many hours fiddling with the FE12 script, I can probably imagine the amount of work you put in--and I'm pretty sure TRS is a far wordier game XD

As for your request, I'd love to have your help, but I'm just wondering how different the names in the latest patch are? My general rule is to stick with the Japanese names so less people get confused. Especially when there are various patch revisions, often with ever-changing names.

But on the other hand, if there's only going to be one definitive English translation (and version) of TRS (like the one for FE12), I guess there's no harm in revising all the existing pages with the new names.

In any case, I definitely wouldn't say "no" to a name chart. Plus it would be useful for me to see all the new names at a glance so I can make a better decision of how to move forward ^^

If you can make a HTML table, spreadsheet or something similar (or if you already have one), let me know!

Thanks for the appreciation! It's definitely been a wild ride the whole way.

Here's my big spreadsheet o' names (and other info) that I used for the translation. Probably the biggest playable character name change is Rennie→Leonie (to contrast with Renee). For bosses, I think it's Keimos→Seamus or Melisal→Marshall. On the playable characters tab of my spreadsheet, I've highlighted all the changes from the usual in green. However, the item, class, and skill names have been heavily edited to fall in line with the FE series.

I've basically been put in charge of executive translating decisions, so the names are definitive until I hear a gigantic backlash/somebody takes the position from me. Thankfully, the cacophony of typos that have shown up in the new patch are story-only. The only current issue is that a tiny handful of item names (specifically the stat-boosting items') were reverted to their old-patch names by our hacker due to space limitations.