New doods with questions

Weird

My friend and I just started playing recently. He wants to build a deck that involves around Tsubasa. Are there any available examples on how a Tsubasa deck should be built?
Would 4/3CorrinF's Dark Surge activate when the MC is defeated?
What are some deck-building tips that we should be aware of?

Tsubasa hasn't really gotten any decklists but you could probably form one by looking at a Sirius deck and swapping the Sirius with Tsubasa (and possibly fit Shiida1 Mirage in there).

Deck would have to be focused on Tsubasa4 of course though.

Yes, Corrin's Dark Surge works when you hit their MC because when they take an orb, it means they were destroyed / defeated.

As for deck building tips, if you don't know what to build, check out the competitive deck thread, it's full of decks that won in Japan.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57965&page=1

As a general consensus, you need to decide what kind of build your aiming for, play the best possible cards for that colour (it all depends on the Main Character you use of course) and then stuff a few Fliers in (usually how it goes).

More specifics: Tsubasa is similar to Sirius but some cards in those decklists will not work for her (cost 5 Hardin, cost 2 Marth, and cost 5 Camus only work with Sirius's deploy cost reduction). Unlike Sirius,Tsubasa needs movement aka rescue fliers/flier's emblem to activate her skill, so put more of those in. I would recommend blue as the additional color because the rescue fliers of blue have good promotions (Cost 4 Cordelia in particular synergizes with Tsubasa well). After being able to use her effect, you'd also want to use her +10 buff most effectively, which translates to looking at units that are base 60 since usually you just need to be base 70 to hit the opposing MC. Cost 1 Tiki (and manaketes in general) fulfill this requirement the most cheaply, though there are plenty of other cards that will work.

Also reiterating the point that deckbuilding needs to be centered around your MC. But general tips: have enough fliers, don't run promoted units that are 10 support that aren't your MC unless there's a good reason to (I haven't really found one yet, though there are people running Azura techs), have some range, have a healer.

Edited by Foodies