Homebrew Menu Full of Files

mad_raine

I am entirely new to this type of hacking so if I've left out any important info pls let me know.

So reached the final step in installing the Gay Awakening hack, Homebrew opens and all the options have been replaced by the actual files on my SD. Instead of HANS I have the ''hans'' file I created. For background, I'm using the tutorial that was linked in that thread. I renamed my Romfs as instructed. Also using the Oot3ds hax on a new 3ds xl with firmware 11.0. I just wanna marry Olivia (and like everyone else tbh)

It sounds like your Homebrew menu is in file explorer mode, which isn't actually an error in itself.

Did you put your /3ds/ folder (with your Homebrew apps) in the wrong place? It should be in the root directory (i.e. first location) of your SD card.

Edited by VincentASM

The root directory is where you end up when you click Removable Disk.

If you placed your files correctly, there should be a folder called "3ds" there and inside that 3ds folder are folders for all your Homebrew apps.

The only other possibility I can think of is you pressed the B button in the Homebrew menu to go back a folder.

the files on my SD card are;

3ds-the only thing in here is the braindump stuff

the long numbers for the game itself

DCIM

hans-where the new Fe13 romfs are

mGBA

Nintendo 3DS

System Volume Information

other items that aren't files are

boot.3dsx

screenshots_raw.bin

That looks correct to me.

Do you have the actual hans app in the 3ds folder as well?

Your "3ds" folder should have a "braindump" folder that contains

braindump.3dsx

braindump.xml

Plus a "hans" folder that contains

titles (folder)

hans.3dsx

hans.sdmh

hans.xml

I have a feeling the "mgba" folder should be in "3ds" as well.

Edited by VincentASM

I followed the tutorial up to step 5, used the extractor linked by UnassumingVensaur then skipped step 6 to go onto step 7. According to HANS the folder I made on the SD Card (the little hans) is invalid and will only load up a lovely screen of rainbow pixels. The only thing I can think of is either I do need to use ctrtool and do the hex editing-or I have placed the new romfs in the wrong place...not really sure either way though