Tellius Recollection (Vol 1) Translation / Discussion Thread

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite surprised to see that the White dragons lives, in average, more than theBlack Dragons. It's strange since the Black Dragons are the royals of Goldoa and also the strongest.

Black Dragon Lives Matter.

Alright, so I translated the Beorc and Laguz Lifespan comparison chart (and description paragraphs):

The following is on page 11, and is written as if it is coming from someone within the Tellius world. Kirokan, maybe you can figure out a way to make this go nicely in the compilation? I fail big time at forums haha.
"The goddess Ashura created beorc and laguz. Since they were made in the Goddess’ likeness, their outward appearances (with, of course, some differences) were rather similar. However, the life expectancy between the races was quite different. Members of the Dragon tribe live exceptionally long, and even the Beast tribe, which has the closest life expectancy to the beorcs, has three times the average life expectancy. Beneath is a chart that was created by the noble families of Begnion, which we can look at for reference.
According to the chart, for each beorc year that a beast or bird laguz appears to be, they have actually aged the equivalent of three. If they look to be twenty, they have lived about sixty years. Among the bird tribes, the herons live the longest. The power of the honorable dragon tribes can be understood just from their extremely long life span. As they live 17 to 18 times as long as humans, their idea of history and confrontation is understandably very different.
Children who are born between a beorc and laguz, commonly referred to as the branded, are also contained in the chart. According to what is written, even a mix with a powerful dragon will live only 3 times as long as beorc on average. If beorc and laguz become closer and mix from here on out, we can predict that the lifespan of the branded will become closer and closer to that of beorc. Will a day like that come? We can’t be sure."
**EDIT: I have no idea how tables work on this thing I'm sorry!!**

Race | Outward Appearance | Average Life expectancy

Beorc | 1 | 60

Lion | 3 | 180

Tiger | 3.2 | 192

Cat | 3.4 | 204

Hawk | 3.45 | 207

Raven | 3.5 | 210

Heron | 5 | 300

Red Dragon | 16.7 | 1002

Black Dragon | 17 | 1020

White Dragon | 17.5 | 1050

Half Black Dragon | 3.33 | 185

Half Beast | 1.2 | 94

Half Tiger | 1.02 | 65

Very intriguing stuff. As for the timeline holy crap thats cool! Some tidbits I didn't really notice before in there.

The updates have been really interesting so far. The dragon tribe aren't as big as I thought, I guess there's a big difference between the size of the red and white dragons compared to that of the black dragons.

Microwaveit has provided the height comparison chart!

Main post has been updated with it too : )

Aww, no Black dragons. Oh well, we'll have to wait for the Volume 2 for them then.

Anyway, the Herons surprised me: they are actually a little bigger than I tought.

Also, the normal herons are much more cooler than Leanne and Reyson

It's nice to see the normal Herons. It's very easy to forget or not know that the heron royals are a special type of heron and that regular herons are less white.

If I have time, I'll see if I can dig up the regular Heron models.

I can't remember if this heron is the royal or non-royal one. Since I uploaded it, I'm assuming it's the non-royal one, plus the colours seem to match somewhat.

Edited by VincentASM

Why was Elena going to have a map model when she's...well, dead?

But it looks like Elincia and Elena were going to use the same one, probably to save time. Interesting!

Also, it's cool to see that height chart! Wow, Ena's a little dragon. XD But otherwise, it's pretty accurate to how big I pictured the birds and dragons being. Nice to see. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Updated post with Elincia's page that deals with the "Elena-esque" design!

I think next I'll go for the Mist/Elena/Greil page. : )

Why was Elena going to have a map model when she's...well, dead?

But it looks like Elincia and Elena were going to use the same one, probably to save time. Interesting!

Also, it's cool to see that height chart! Wow, Ena's a little dragon. XD But otherwise, it's pretty accurate to how big I pictured the birds and dragons being. Nice to see. ^^

Perhaps she was there in case of flashbacks, or bonus characters in the Trial Maps : )

Yeah, the Elena map model appears in THAT flashback. I think it's hard to see her though and the whole scene is in sepia, so you can't see her actual colours.

Oooh, the Elincia concepts are better than I expected. I'm still a bit sad we never got to use Elincia in her bright orange dress (outside of hacking), but Pegasus Elincia is cool as well.

Once I have some spare time, I really need to hack in Bishop Elincia again...

Updated main post with a character profile: Petrine! (page 99). Someone was asking for proof of the reference to her Tiger heritage, so I provided the full page (also a model on how these pages will look. I keep the Japanese names as they are and add the English one above them).

When translating this page however, I ran into a possible translation discrepancy. The term used for 精霊の護符 the "Mark of the Spirit Charmer" is referred to as "charm of the dead" when Petrine says it to Soren in her English convo (in Japanese it's still 精霊の護符). Yet everywhere else its just referred to as the mark of the spirit charmer... so I went with "Mark of the Spirit Charmer" even if that is not exactly what they may call it in the game.

...What. Seriously, what? Tiger makes zero sense for Petrine's laguz parent/ancestor. She has high magic, something no other knight/paladin we know of has, not exceptional strength. It was stated that heron laguz grant magic, other birds grant speed, beast laguz grant strength, and the dragons grant intelligence/wisdom. It matches up with the other Branded we know of too. Zelgius was revealed to be bird Branded and he's very fast for a heavily armored unit. Soren is super smart and great with tactics, and is dragon-Branded, hence the intelligence. Micaiah is heron Branded and has exceptional magic.

So how the heck is Petrine Tiger Branded when she is magic-gifted instead of strength-gifted? She really should be a heron Branded like Micaiah.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, if she really was Heron branded and magically-gifted, there'd be more evidence than just a high for a physical class magic stat. It's more for the benefit of using the Flame Lance than an actual lore-based reason.

Heck, if she really was Heron branded, she would be a very different character, considering circumstances and lore.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Updated main post with a character profile: Petrine! (page 99). Someone was asking for proof of the reference to her Tiger heritage, so I provided the full page (also a model on how these pages will look. I keep the Japanese names as they are and add the English one above them).

When translating this page however, I ran into a possible translation discrepancy. The term used for 精霊の護符 the "Mark of the Spirit Charmer" is referred to as "charm of the dead" when Petrine says it to Soren in her English convo (in Japanese it's still 精霊の護符). Yet everywhere else its just referred to as the mark of the spirit charmer... so I went with "Mark of the Spirit Charmer" even if that is not exactly what they may call it in the game.

The spirit charmer thing makes sense, also, I just caught up and I gotta say that turquoise looked good on Elincia.

I'm really liking the entry on Petrine. Though, I wouldn't have guessed she was half-tiger. Honestly thought she was half-raven or something.

Yeah, if she really was Heron branded and magically-gifted, there'd be more evidence than just a high for a physical class magic stat. It's more for the benefit of using the Flame Lance than an actual lore-based reason.

Heck, if she really was Heron branded, she would be a very different character, considering circumstances and lore.

This is what I was thinking too, actually.

Edited by Soledai

Does it have profiles for all playable and major characters, or only some?

All playable and major characters! (Check the age chart/page I provided, those are all the characters that have profiles : ) )

Any you would like to see in particular next?

Bastian being only 24 is a real shocker. I thought he was in his mid-30s at least. >< Same deal in thinking Petrine was raven-branded, given how well she got along with Naesala and the other ravens.

As for character profiles, I'd like Lucia, Geoffrey and Bastian's please. =)

Someone managed to translate some profiles over at tumblr:

Marcia

Hobby: Harvesting edible wild plants

Talent: Being frugal

Most Important Thing: Parents

Dislikes: Debt (lol)

Gareth

Hobby: Military drills

Talent: Being a brave general

Most Important Thing: Goldoan royalty

Dislikes: Feebleness?

Greil

Hobby: Drinking

Talent: Axes

Most Important Thing: Family, comrades

Dislikes: Political obligations/ties

Edited by Luchino

Petrine sure has got an interesting hobby...

Anyway, Petrine being from a Tiger Laguz comes as a surprise to me, since there is nothing in the gsme that hints to such a thing to my knowledge; plus, the fact that she uses a magic weapon instead of a physical weapon doesn't really help.

Also, if It's not a problem, may I request the character profile of both Stefan and Mordecai?