Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 3 (Owen's Party)

Shin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That was rather unfortunate, Lady Adeltrudis... although that sword does look rather suspect."

Sebastian moves to 13,5!

Sebastian heals Adele!

Sebastian gains 8 XP!

Sebastian gains 2 Staff WEXP!

ENEMY PH-...

Malaphar moves first!

Malaphar moves to 12,14!

"Worthless."

Malaphar attacks Myrm #2 with Inferno!
(16 21)
Myrm #2 dies in agony!

ENEMY PHASE!

"Kill the others! He can't take us all by himself... if he can... there's no hope for us..."

Soldier #4 moves to 14,11!

Soldier #4 attacks Owen with his Iron Lance!
7 Atk, 74% Hit, 0% Crit
(12 58)
Owen takes 7 damage! (21/28 HP remaining)
Owen counters!
8 Atk, 94% Hit, 5% Crit, 11% Astra
(16 57 87)
Owen deals 8 damage! (25/33 HP remaining)

Owen gains 10 XP!
Owen gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Soldier #7 moves to 13,12!

Soldier #7 attacks Owen with his Iron Lance!
6 Atk, 77% Hit, 0% Crit
(3 87)
Owen takes 6 damage! (15/28 HP remaining)
Owen counters!
10 Atk, 97% Hit, 6% Crit, 11% Astra
(45 82 47)
Owen deals 10 damage! (23/33 HP remaining)

Owen gains 10 XP!
Owen gains 1 Sword WEXP!

"Don't move, ambush them when they get close!"

Chapter 6A - Turn 2

9fb1d9ad4d9d5ad31c66625894b7cc3f.png

[spoiler=What Emmet did that Morning Part 1]

As the groups prepared to leave, Emmet sought out the Lady Montana. She was just outside the fortress, reviewing everything she'd need for the journey ahead. "Lady Montana" he said as he approached. "I've been looking for you. I wish to apologise. I was somewhat discourteous towards you last night."

When did we get this thing? Sidney looked at a dagger among the group's supplies, one that had a strange point back that seemed like it was meant to hook inwards. She shrugged, strapping it and a sheath onto her belt, before being approached by Emmet. "... Sure," she responded somewhat plainly. "You started saying a lot when I was leaving already. I didn't hear much of it at all. You probably could've said nothing and I wouldn't have thought much of it."

Emmet nodded. "That's good. I don't want there to be bad blood between us. Not only are we allies, but we're countryman. In fact you and I share a lot of similarities. You probably don't know. I haven't told my story to anyone here. Much like you I left my homeland in disgrace. A self exile from my family. And now I find myself returning with...complex feelings. As I imagine is also the case for you."

Sidney frowned slightly. While her previous interactions with Emmet weren't the best, it seemed childish to brush off interacting with him completely. "I've never heard of whatever family you were in. Though, sooner or later I'll probably be closer with Wyke than Raewald... the politics of nations, rather than families, never really drew much of my attention for a long time. I care more about my family than my country, and sooner or later..." She quieted herself. That sort of detail might not be worth getting into yet. "I've barely ever interacted with Queen Ethel, so I'm not entirely certain I'll be welcome upon my return. If it was King Edwin still, it would be so easy- my father and him were great friends, and I'd be free with practically a flick on the wrist. Somehow I don't think it will go exactly like that, but I hope she is at least somewhat accepting."

"I wouldn't worry too much about your incarceration" Emmet said. "At least on this trip. Arriving here under the protection of the prince of Wyke would make it hard to press any charges. I think there's a word for it. Ah yes. Diplomatic immunity they call it. Raewald needs Wyke as an ally. Accusing one of its representatives of a crime, even if its true, would not help those matters."

"Mmm. I suppose you're right, but getting by on Owen's orders isn't really the same as feeling truly accepted." Sidney sighed. "My father and mother were understanding about it all, at least. I'll have a lot on my hands either way when we reach Tytila, I just hope most of it is pleasant business. But I doubt it. What did you do, anyway? You clearly know about me, but I've never heard of this. You only mentioned you were a soldier when I got caught."

"What did I do" Emmet repeated her question in a distant tone. "I've done absolutely nothing. Nothing at all with my life. I dropped out of training in Whitwar, got kicked out of the army and failed utterly at being a monk. My life has been one disapointment stacked on top of another. Though I haven't seen my parent since my military days I can only assume they care little for me. I have two elder brothers after all who are much more reliable." Emmet spoke of his past failures without any sense of regret or resentment. "So you see while I might not have become a public disgrace like yourself, I had more than enough reason to abandon my country. At least that's what I thought at the time. Now I'm not so sure. It all seems somewhat frivolous."

"Huh... I know that. Being unsure what direction you want to go, heading wherever life takes you." Sidney paused to think about some of the things he said. "I think you should reconsider- at least a bit. Talk to your family. The bonds of families aren't unbreakable, but... they are strong. You might be surprised where that takes you." She yawned a bit- it was clear she still wasn't fully awake. "I thought it'd be a long time before I came back here, but Engel seems to have different plans. I suppose for now I'll follow along- life is on the upswing for me."

"Indeed. You're returning home with a prince by your side. And if some of the rumours I hear are true then I mean that in more way than one." Emmet had been sure this mysterious woman of the prince was the woman standing in front of him but as he spoke out loud it did occur to him that there was a second noble woman travelling alongside them with no real explanation. Though he doubted the prince was involved with the lady Claire...Then again maybe..."My parents" Emmet exclaimed drawing attention away from the comment he had made in case it wasn't truth. "I do intend to get in contact with them. Though Reward is a big country. My ancestral home is quite far from the capital. My brother might be close by however. He was a colonial of some renown when I left. I suspect he'd be a general by now."

"How do you know about that?" Sidney complained. While she wasn't exactly surprised- this is the sort of news people loved to gossip about- she hadn't thought her and Owen to be that affectionate in front of others for the most part. "Well, you're not wrong... it seems impossible to hide anything from anyone around here. We're not officially betrothed or anything, but... he's mine."

"That's good," she transitioned rather abruptly, not wanting to linger on it for too long. "I never got too involved with the army. My father tried for a bit, but like other things, it was a brief, passing interest for me. Your brother must be a lot older than you to be so high ranked, right?"

"Yes. Almost ten years older. Still quite young for someone of such a senior position though." Emmet suddenly realised how widely they'd gone off his original topic. "I better get going. I imagine the others are waiting for me. It was good to speak with you." So she is engaged with the prince after all he thought to himself. He hadn't meant to confirm the rumours at all, After walking a few steps away he turned to look at her again. "By the way, I was serious when I told the princess I would protect Lady Adele. And likewise I consider it my duty to protect the prince. I hope you can rest a little easier knowing I am by his side."

"... Sure. See you." Sidney felt she had learned a lot more than she'd expected would be an idle talk, and while some of Emmet's tendencies still annoyed her, he was somewhat more bearable now. "Good luck, then."

[spoiler=What Emmet did that morning part 2]

Prince Owen's group were just about to depart by the time Emmet found them. Soon they were on the road with everyone he intended to be with. No. That's not quite true Emmet said to himself. I would have very much liked to keep Claire close at hand in case something should happen. Though with Malaphar's magic Im quite confident we won't run into any serious trouble. As his mind thought about the way the parties at been split, Emmet glanced over at the lady Adele. "You were strangely silent last night when the princess voiced her displeasure at the way the grouping turned out" he said. "What is your opinion on the matter Miss Herman?"

Adele hadn't really been intending to say all that much, though when Emmet approached her, question the night before, she supposed it was only right to give him some sort of response... unfortunately she instinctively cringed, if only slightly, when the subject was brought up.

"I would obviously have preferred to be at her side, to make sure no harm came to Princess Cassandra. But we can not always have things as we like them... she especially needs to learn that lesson, so hopefully this departure will be good for her... I can only hope that no ill-tidings befall their group while we're separated." Adeltrudis replied, continuing to walk as she spoke to the bowman. "I only hope that I managed to soothe her worries over the matter. She seemed to be rather distressed when I pulled her aside."

"I think you're right" Emmet nodded his head. "I hesitate to say she's spoiled but she certainly doesn't seem to take kindly to things not going her way. I can't quite remember when you took the princess out but you may have heard Lady Charlotte accuse me of manipulation. I defended myself with open honesty but she still had a somewhat accurate measure of me. I did withhold a suggestion in order to have things the way I want them. Malaphar was right, Cassandra is more suited for the rescue mission. However I see no reason why you couldn't have accompanied her there." Emmet fixed his eyes on the sorcerer ahead of them, walking alongside prince Owen. "Malaphar specifically asked both you and I on this mission. I am more than eager to be here, but I'm concerned as to what designs he might have for you."

"Well, that is how things tend to go for royalty. She is unused to needing to heed anyone but her own family, so to have Malaphar arrive so suddenly and appear to usurp control was jarring for her. As for your intentions... from what I understand you had an academic interest in Malaphar and his magics... I would ask you to try to avoid internal conflicts over such things, but it seems it turned out relatively well in the end." Adeltrudis replied, pondering Emmet's final point for a moment.

"I do not know what he had planned for me in particular... but if Owen trusts his judgment, then so will I."

"I ask only that you be cautious my lady. I do considerate a responsibility of mine to ensure your safety. I would find it very regrettable if something were to happen to you, especially if my own selfishness assisted in you being here."

"Part of why I didn't bother to contest our placement along with Cassandra was that it felt as though it wasn't something that we could really campaign to change. Owen seemed to have his mind set on following through with Malaphar's wishes. Don't concern yourself over my being here. If you want to keep me safe, then make sure you have my back." Adele replied, giving Emmet a confident smile.

"Yes. How willing the prince has been to go along with Malaphar's suggestions is a bit, disconcerting. Even if he means well as he claims a head of state should be constantly wary of any stranger that shows such open friendliness. Then again I don't know the prince altogether well so I shouldn't judge. The inner workings of his mind could be fuelled with even more prone than my own." Emmet returned her smile. "I will of course do everything in my power to protect you. I've already assured the princess of that. I also hold our employment contract in very high regard as I hope you do too. I will always have your back so long as I call myself a Reliant and Serge decides we are yours."

"Well, all we can really do is make sure to get him through this safely. I trust I'll have your help in that endeavor? We'll get you back to Serge and the rest of the Reliants, all of us in one piece." Adele replied, nodding her head as Emmet spoke.

Emmet also nodded. "Yes. I've already promised one person I'd see the prince to safety. He might not be my monarch so to speak but I still feel some sense of duty to him as the defacto leader of this voyage. Of course my prime loyalty will naturally lay with Serge and then yourself."

"Well, let us all get out of this in one piece, regardless of what priority one's loyalties might have." Adeltrudis replied with a nod. "If that will be all, we should press forward, before we fall behind."

"Indeed" Emmet said. He slowly drifted away from Lady Adele. As he glanced ahead his attention was drawn towards the bard. Why had Malaphar asked specifically asked for her? The only answer Emmet could think of was that Malaphar wanted to be known across the land which didn't seem to work with his general aesthetic. "I don't believe we've been introduced" Emmet said to the bard.

Emmet Attack Soldier#4 with Pinaka Magic.

Edited by Jotari

Emmet attacks Soldier #4 with Pinaka!
19 Atk, 84% Hit, 1% Crit
(63 9)
Emmet deals 19 damage! (6/33 HP remaining)

Emmet gains 10 XP!
Emmet gains 1 Bow WEXP!

Scuttle pinched her eyebrows to make sure they hadn't been singed off. The smoke from Malaphar's magical attack still lingered, and she tried to fan it away, sputtering on the charred smell.

This wasn't an ordinary old man. That wasn't a dignified death.

Scuttle stole a glance at him and felt the same vestigial dread shoot down her spine again as when she first saw him at the lake. Who . . . what was he?

Scuttle to 12, 13. Attack Soldier #7 with Gattling Bow

Edited by Frostivus

Scuttle moves to 12,13!

Scuttle attacks Soldier #7 with her Gattling Bow!
6 Atk, 91% Hit, 6% Crit, Adept nullified
(14 55)
Scuttle deals 6 damage! (17/33 HP remaining)
(76 5)
Game Over!

Scuttle gains 33 XP!
Scuttle gaind 3 Bow WEXP!

Edited by Shin

Owen attacks Soldier #4 with his Iron Sword!
6 Atk, 96% Hit, 5% Crit, 11% Astra
(56 26 48)
Owen finishes!

Owen gains 33 XP!
Owen gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Owen grows to level 10!
(57 90 49 61 20 3 30 74)
HP up!
Speed up!
Luck up!

"Miss Su-... Scuttle, it may be safer to attack from further back. It would be a shame for your story to end here."

Sebastian moves to 11,13!

Sebastian heals Scuttle to full HP!

Sebastian gains 8 XP!

Sebastian gains 2 Staff WEXP!

ENEMY PHASE

"Don't approach them! Let them come to us first... we can't afford any risky attacks."

Brigand #2 moves to 10,13!

Brigand #2 attacks Sebastian with his Blight Axe!
13 Atk, 63% Hit, 0% Crit
(33 63)
Sebastian takes 13 damage! (23/36 HP remaining)
Sebastian is poisoned!

Sebastian gains 5 XP!

OTHER PHASE

"Javier would have dodged that..."

Malaphar moves to 13,10!

Chapter 6A - Turn 3

Sebastian takes 3 poison damage!

ab3a2716fe89bb57272cb3af22964c64.png

Edited by Shin

Emmet heals Owen!

Owen returns to full HP!

Emmet gains 15 XP!

Emmet gains 2 Staff WEXP!

Emmet grows to level 10!

(21 73 1 76 42 7 97 30)
HP up!
Magic up!
Speed up!

Scuttle eyed Sebastian closely. Maybe, at an angle where the sun shone weirdly . . .

No.

This man could have never passed as her mentor. His clothes weren't as hard-pressed. Not as tall. Not as measured in his movements.

Sebastian merely spoke his words. Words meant only for her, and meant only when from him.

_______

"Lady Adele," Scuttle cocked her head in invitation, "We wouldn't want the other parties to outdo us, would we? I'm sure the Baron must have already started a kill tally for himself to rub in Princess Cassandra's face." She gave her a mirthful wink. "What say you we share the count? In her Majesty's honour?"

Without further ado, she yelled pure adrenaline, and rolled across the grass to attempt a trick shoot at the nearby brigand.

"CATCHPHRASE!"

Scuttle to (11,14), gatling bow brigand #2
Edited by Frostivus

Scuttle moves to 11,14!

Scuttle attacks Brigand #2 with her Gattling Bow!
8 Atk, 76% Hit, 5% Crit
(30 15)
Scuttle deals 8 damage! (27/35 HP remaining)
(18 54)
Scuttle deals 8 damage! (19/35 HP remaining)
(79 56)
Scuttle misses!

Scuttle gains 10 XP!
Scuttle gains 3 Bow WEXP!

"Heh, sounds good, Time to break free of this rust and creaking joints, shall we?" Adeltrudis replied with a grin, moving in after Scuttle had weakened one of the brigands, swinging her Nacht at the man, hopefully ending him on the spot.

Adele to 10,14, attack Brigand 2 with Nacht!

"Tch... thank you." Owen sighed, feeling the healing staff's aura doing its work. "They're fairly well armed... I wonder what could be worth their salt in this no man's land. But then again, Malaphar was here in search for that fountain..." It was interesting. For a place regarded as the household of scum and barbarians, Magonsaete seemed to hold so many secrets. Then again, perhaps it was for that nature and for no one bothering that it grew so mysterious. Maybe this country is more of a threat than just a bandit nuisance...

Owen to (12,10), unequip sword;

---

Sebastian hold, equip steel sword, awkwardly solicit scuttle's vulnerary and use it.

Malaphar to (10,11), incinerate soldier #6 if they haven't moved;

Otherwise to (13,8), incinerate soldier #5 if 6 took aggro and went for Owen;

Owen moves to 12,10!

Owen unequips entirely!

"I'll be sure to repay the favour."

Sebastian equips his Steel Sword!

Sebastian takes Scuttle's Vulnerary!

Sebastian uses said Vulnerary!

ENEMY PHASE

Soldier #5 looks at Malaphar!

Soldier #5 moves to 13,8!

Soldier #6 moves to 12,11!

Soldier #6 attacks Owen with his Killer Lance!
8 Atk, 43% Hit, 11% Crit
(5 86)
Owen takes 8 damage! (21/29 HP remaining)

Owen gains 5 XP!

Brigand #1 moves to 11,11!

Warrior moves to 10,11!

OTHER PHASE

"Tell me, Prince Owen. Surely it would not be better to strike back rather than hide away? Your blade must have more potential than resting in its scabbard."

Malaphar appears at 9,9!

Sebastian takes 2 poison damage!

Chapter 6A - Turn 4

277b545fdc19d9b7e1a49d531f21d962.png

Right after cautioning the prince to be careful he rushed into battle. Emmet spotted a flash of red, the blade of his enemy's weapon. That's a killer lance Emmet realised. ​Dammit Own don't start taking unnecessary risks as soon as I've decided your my responsibility. Emmet took a deep breath before rushing forward. He needed to make sure his enemy would be dead with one shot.

Emmet to (13,12) Pinaka!Magic on Soldier#6

Emmet moves to 13,12!

Emmet attacks Soldier #6 with Pinaka!
21 Atk, 79% Hit, 0% Crit
(4 48)
Emmet deals 21 damage! (12/33 HP remaining)

Emmet gains 10 XP!
Emmet gains 1 Bow WEXP!

Pinaka struck with excellent accuracy. I think I'm improving Emmet thought to himself. His satisfaction meant that it took him a few seconds to realise that despite the perfect hit, his enemy was still alive. Slowly getting back to his feet. "Prince Owen, that one! Kill him before he has a chance to strike again!" He spoke with an air of authority, too concerned with seeing his enemy dead to realise how inappropriate it was to deliver orders to a prince.

Things seemed to be going well so far. They hadn't taken any notable wounds as of yet, and the enemy in front of them wasn't providing massive resistance so far. Adeltrudis could only hope things continued to go so smoothly, and that the others were having little issue in their own tasks. It left a bitter taste in her mouth not knowing, but she had to trust them.

Adele to 11,12, attack Soldier 6 with Hand Axe