Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 3 (Cass' Party)

Shin

Perfect. "Don't worry. I know what happened with Angus. It doesn't bother me. Please don't feel like I'm someone you need to stay tight lipped around; my anger with Esclabor may be intimidating, but I am... Still just a girl, alright? The adults can keep to themselves-- if I can't even speak openly around other girls my age, what do I have?" A rather sobering thought, despite the fighting, and everything surrounding her. That did leave one thing, though.

"Morta," she began, "come with me, please. There is something I need to speak with just you about-- I know, tight lipped, I just mentioned, but, it's about Angus, and I felt that it would be the most appropriate to tell Morta, first. If she wishes to tell you all, then she can, but... I've heard the stories of how you are when inebriated, Nona, so if you could hold back with her, I wouldn't mind. Come when you're ready." Cass curtsied gently, walking off, generally away from everyone else. And a good distance, at that. Morta would surely react poorly, and that meant loud, and that meant some space from everyone else. I hope this isn't a mistake... But I want to trust these girls, even if their father is suspicious... From all they've said, they don't listen to him, anyway.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claire nodded at Nelon's assessment of Cass, but didn't reply. It wasn't that she didn't understand what the princess was doing, so much as struggling to find a delicate way of phrasing it.

She kept her tomes close at hand as they approached the gatekeeper, figuring that it might help to keep him honest. "Do you have any more soldiers inside?" she asked, not quite sure what to do with him. He wasn't exactly important, by the looks of things, and there was no point to killing him as long as he cooperated. But then leaving him alive could maybe cause some problems further down the line, if they chose to spare him... Hopefully Nelon had some idea.

"Thanks a lot," Sidney spoke under her breath as Cass brushed her off. She rolled her eyes at the drama unfolding before her- what Escablor did or didn't do really wasn't her concern. She was here because she needed to be.

Freya's approach startled her a bit, but wasn't unexpected when she thought about it. "Oh, sure. Thanks... here you are then," she agreed, handing over her lighter bow for the lockpick. She stepped over towards Escablor, starting to work on his locks. "Hmm. These are kind of thorough, but should be workable."

Girl Talk

Morta was a little reluctant to follow after Cass, but with a nod from each of her sisters, the girl seemed to be more open to the idea Nona ushered Morta forwards. "I don't see any problems, Morta. The princess isn't as bad as the gossip says she is, just be gentle with her, Prince Owen wouldn't be happy if you beat up his sister." Nona joked, giving a gentle laugh. Letting out a huff, Morta started walking alongside Cass.

"If it's about your wedding plans, we already know." Morta grumbled, crossing her arms. "If you make him get rid of Geoffrey, I won't forgive you."

Magic Touch

"They might be no trouble for you, but they certainly kept me from going anywhere." Esclabor replied, watching as Sidney began dealing with the locks. "Montana? Now that's a name I recognise. Humour me, what does it take for a lady like yourself to dress like a thief and stroll around Magonsaete with foreign royalty? You seem honest enough, but it's a rather unusual set up."

The locks proved no trouble for Sidney's abilities, anyone who could get a door open would have no trouble with these cuffs. They were rather old and rusty, most likely made crudely by a savage with a couple of brain cells more than his friends.

"The Princess might disapprove of my actions, but I cannot explain how the tide of battle changed so quickly. We had them outnumbered and their tactics were abysmal... I just can't explain how we lost."

Surrender

Nelon drew his sword, just in case their foe decided to try anything devious. The warrior shook his head, his hands still raised. "Miss, I beg of you... all I have in there are women and children. You've killed every other fighter we have." he replied, blocking the door with his body. "If yer have to kill anyone, kill me, we don't got anyone who could raise a knife against you. Just leave us be an' you'll never see or hear from us again, none of us ever been to Wyke an' we got no intentions of going there."

Glancing at Claire, Nelon seemed rather torn, the story seemed honest but then again, it would be easy for them to walk into a trap. "Lady Claire, I'm unsure how to progress. To kill for the sake of it, I cannot act in such a way." he announced, lowering his sword. "To harm women and children, it would be far too savage to even consider."

Claire glanced between Nelon and the warrior, and then a faraway Cass with a frown on her face. Why am I the one deciding this? It wasn't like she was the second in command or anything. That probably should've been Nelon, but he didn't seem sure about anything either.

After a few moments of consideration, she turned back towards Nelon. "I think we can leave them." Her voice was lowered - the prisoner didn't need to overhear their discussion. "If they had more troops, why didn't they use them in the battle?" If there were any left inside, it was likely that their force was too small to handle them - not after they'd dealt with the main threat.

"The plans are fake," she said, walking up next to Morta and throwing an arm around her shoulder. "How best to explain this? How much to tell you... Things in Wyke aren't the safest right now, and it's better for the nobility to think that I'm marrying someone right now, than to be single and free. That should cover it. Once things are safe again, the marriage is being called off, and then you're free to do with him as you wish, you see? I won't make him get rid of Geoffrey, either. That bear's... Somehow grown to like him. But, is that alright, Morta? You don't hate me, anymore?"

"I'm here with Prince Owen. He had some of us, myself included, go here to help rescue you. There are a couple other groups doing who knows what elsewhere," Sidney started to explain. "Though, is this way of dress really so different as to be thief-looking? Surely it's still rather nice, no? I do have a few bad records I'd like to move on from with regards to thievery, but seeing as it is of some benefit for me to make use of those skills here on the field of battle, I'll do what I need to." She freed him after about a minute of working with the cuffs, dropping them to the ground. "There. You should be all set. And I have no judgement for your actions, positive or negative- it's not up to me, nor am I terribly involved with Wyke's politics, just a few personal ties to Owen. Discuss what you must with him when you can, I suppose."

Think of the Children!

Nelon was glad Claire felt the same was as he did, it would have been problematic if she'd been adamant on ending the man. "That is a very valid point, Lady Claire. It was on my mind... it would be unusual not to field their full force if they were truly trying to fend us away." he remarked, looking at the fort. He'd have at least expected a few archers, was that really all they could field?

The warrior looked down grimly, lamenting the outcome of the battle. "I be grateful, I really am. It's gonna be tough though, the other tribes around here ain't that friendly. Don't got anyone to fend them off, but it's better than you guys killing us here and now."

False Plans

Morta didn't seem terribly pleased when Cass threw her arm around her, she was far too chummy for her tastes. Cass' reveal was rather unusual, the whole thing sounded strange. Why on earth would Cass arrange something like that? "My father said that he wouldn't let it happen" she grumbled, only partly reassured by Cass' plan. "It's a stupid plan, unless you find whoever's causing trouble you'll have to go through with the marriage eventually. It's not ike you can say you're going to get married for a year."

Part of her was still glad though, she still at least had a chance. Not that she'd let Cass know.

Impartial Freedom

"I suppose that's better than having another lady detest me." Esclabor joked, glad to be free once again. "It's obvious you've gone for functionality, the clothes you have ensure you aren't restricted in the slightest. It's subtle, but a keen eye like mine can tell. I usually do the same, but being kept under lock and key really negates it all."

Stretching his arms, Esclabor looked over at the two remaining pegasus sisters, pointing out Nona to Sidney. "I think you've kept the Prince safe from her, Nona never goes after a man with a lady. She's not a bad girl, but there's only so much a guy can take. I have a friend who had an unfortunate run in with her, really feel sorry for the guy, never the same since."

"That's the idea, Morta. That we find them before I have to marry myself to Angus. The thought sickens me. I don't see what you or your sisters see in him, aside from maybe a kindred spirit... The thought of resting with a man makes my stomach turn." That might've been a bit much to let on, but still. "Anyway, try not to stay too angry at me, hmm? I very much so do not want Angus as anything other than a friend... You're all free to have him. Claire, as well is... Not his biggest fan. You honestly don't have as much competition as you think you do, really." She let her go and took a step away, sighing.

"That's the situation... The three of you fight like demons, and honestly, I respect that more than you know. So I just... Was hoping we could be friends. I don't have too many of those..."

"Functionality... sure, thaaat's the first thing people usually say about my look," Sidney remarked. "Well, be sure your keen eyes don't wander too much." She brushed off her hands with the lockpicking done. "Nice to know, I suppose. I don't plan on letting him go or anything, so I suppose it's nice to know that won't have to be something I'm worrying about."

Freya took the bow she was handed, returning her attention shortly after with Nelon and Claire. "I don't see any reason to be too harsh here. We did our part with the mission, and have no need for further violence," she reasoned along with them. "So long as that is all set, we can return to the fort with Esclabor and report to Prince Owen our success."

Reluctant Relief

Morta still wasn't pleased, the way Cass spoke of Angus made him seem more like a puppet than anything else. "You should be nicer to him. If someone made me pretend to marry them I'd punch them in the face. He has to be a good friend if he's willing to do that." she grumbled, wondering if Cass actually had many friends at all to call on. "He's not something you can share or dish out, he has to choose for himself."

The mention of combat was something that she was more content with talking about, although content was a relative term. "We always used to practice together back at home. Our father said we shouldn't do something so dangerous, but we never listen to him. It's really easy to get what we want from him, he gives up really easily."

Stolen Gaze

"You're not bad, but I can't say you're my type at all." Esclabor remarked, amused at the woman's vanity. "Not many people are to be truthful, I think you suit the Prince far better than you would I. I think it's probably best we do find Prince Owen. I'm sure once he has a full report things will start to fit together. These lands are far stranger than I anticipated."

Freedom for all

Freya had pitched in her opinion on things. Not that she had much sway, but it was still somewhat reassuring. "I fully agree, Miss Freya. I only hope that these people can remain safe in such a hostile land... it would be good to meet with Baron Esclabor and regroup with Prince Owen." Nelon replied, ensuring his peer's status was recognised. He wasn't as fussed with his own titles, but others were due the respect they were entitled to.

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD, WAIT FOR THE NEW ONE. A TIME SKIP WILL OCCUR REUNITING THE GROUP