Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 3 (Cass' Party)

Shin

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claire moves to 13,11!

"That hill... I'm afraid my steed cannot manage such terrain."

Nelon moves to 4,10!

Nelon attacks Brigand #1 with his Iron Sword!
13 Atk, 100% Hit, 8% Crit, 12% Adept
(86 0)
Oatal Destruction!

Nelon gains 27 XP!
Nelon gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Nelon cantos to 5,12!

Sidney moves to 4,12!

Freya moves to 14,12!

Edited by Shin

With the sisters clearing out the man in front of her, Cass had no issue moving up, their target coming into sight. "Esclabor? Worry not! These savages will not stand for much longer!" Axe up, she pointed it at the soldier, bearing a harsh scowl. "I will give you the same chance I gave your ally earlier, release him and we shall leave! But if you wish to draw this out into a bloodbath, we will be the ones left standing!"

Cass to 12,13

Cass moves to 12,13!

ENEMY PHASE
Hunter #5 moves to 12,15!
Hunter #5 attacks Cass with his Hunting Bow!
4 Atk, 76% Hit, 0% Crit
(2 83)
Cass takes 4 damage! (22/34 HP remaining)

Cass gains 5 XP!
Brigand #4 moves to 13,12!
Brigand #4 attacks Morta with his Hand Axe!
9 Atk, 65% Hit, 4% Crit
(96 54)
Nope.

Morta gains 5 XP!
Brigand #5 considers his options!
Brigand #5 moves to 4,14!
Soldier #1 notices Cass!
"Stay away! I'll cut him up some if you come any closer!"
Soldier #1 stabs Esclabor for 10 damage! (19/29 HP remaining)
Chapter 6B - Turn 8
0faae3a750a1e2827cd3717df3cbdd55.png
"Is that... Princess Cassandra? The Valter sisters, the Princess... what kind of hell have I landed myself into?"

Decima attacks Brigand #3 with Unreliable Flame!
(2)
8 Atk, 96% Hit, 3% Crit
(88 61)
Decima deals 8 damage! (24/32 HP remaining)
(78)
Brigand #3 counters with his Hand Axe!
13 Atk, 49% Hit, 1% Crit
(43 30)
Decima takes 13 damage! (20/34 HP remaining)
Decima strikes again!
(7)
(14 82)
Decima deals 13 damage! (11/32 HP remaining)
(43)

Decima gains 10 XP!
Decima gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Decima cantos to 11,14!

Freya attacks Brigand #3 with her Iron Sword!
13 Atk, 100% Hit, 3% Crit
(85 33)
Freya kills!

Freya gains 30 XP!
Freya gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Cass moves to 12,16!

Cass attacks Soldier #1 with her Razor's Edge!
12 Atk, 86% Hit, 12% Crit
(56 97)
Cass deals 12 damage! (22/34 HP remaining)
Soldier #1 strikes back with his Flash Lance!
6 Atk, 39% Hit, 0% Crit
(11 69)
Cass takes 6 damage! (16/34 HP remaining)

Cass gains 10 XP!
Cass gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Edited by Shin

Claire paused for a moment as the captor made his threat, but then realised everyone was rushing forwards anyway and that setting him on fire was probably the right and proper thing to do.

Claire to (13,16), attack Soldier with Fire

Claire moves to 13,16!

Claire attacks Soldier #1 with Fire!
14 Atk, 74% Hit, 16% Crit
(65 92)
Claire deals 14 damage! (8/34 HP remaining)
Claire attacks again!
(9 98)
Dead.

Claire gains 47 XP!
Claire gains 3 Tome WEXP!

Claire grows to level 11!
(28 63 96 0 76 55 5 33)
HP up!
Skill up!
Luck up!
Defense up!
Resistance up!
Esclabor is free but not rescued!

Nona to 12,14, attack Hunter 5 with Iron Lance, canto to 13,14

Morta to 12,14, take Iron Lance from Nona, impale Hunter

Nelon to 4,13, attack Bandit 4 with Iron Sword

Edited by SB.

Nona moves to 12,14!

Nona attacks Hunter #5 with her Iron Lance!
10 Atk, 90% Hit, 3% Crit
(2 24)
Nona deals 10 damage! (20/30 HP remaining)

Nona gains 10 XP!
Nona gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Nona cantos to 13,14!

Morta moves to 12,14!

Morta takes Nona's Iron Lance!

Morta attacks Hunter #5 with her Iron Lance!
14 Atk, 90% Hit, 2% Crit, 10% Luna
(47 62 35)
(37 72 28)
Dead.

Morta gains 36 XP!
Morta gains 3 Lance WEXP!

Esclabor is no longer in danger!

Nelon moves to 4,13!

Nelon attacks Brigand #4 with his Iron Sword!
(0 91)
Nelon deals 13 damage! (18/31 HP remaining)
(28)
(96 66)
Brigand #4 misses!

Nelon gains 10 XP!
Nelon gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Sidney attacks Brigand #4 with her Iron Bow!
(32 1)
Yeah, that's lethal.

Sidney gains 27 XP!
Sidney gains 3 Bow WEXP!

"I... they're all dead... I surrender..."

MAP COMPLETE

The warrior guarding the fort knew that he had no chance of fending off the assault from Cass' group. Dropping his weapon and raising his hands in the air, he expected the worst - the same all of his allies. The Valter sisters all landed near to Cass, chattering among themselves. Decima seemed rather worn out, shaking her head.

"Considering that was our first real battle, I think we've done alright... just please, Morta, don't scare me like that." she sighed, the other two far less bothered by the deadly experience. Nona in particular was in good spirits. "Don't be like that, Decima." she laughed, putting an arm around her sister. "With the Princess and Baron Nelon around, there was no chance anything would go wrong."

Giving a nervous laugh, Decima didn't appear terribly convinced.

-

However, with the foes vanquished, their goal of rescuing Esclabor had been achieved. He was a svelte young man with his long hair messily tied into a braid - the chances were that his captors didn't have a hairdresser. His shirt was stained and tattered, but the man didn't look too badly harmed. He looked over at the group curiously, his hands still bound in cuffs and his ankles in shackles.

"Princess Cassandra? I can't say I'm not surprised to see you in the wilds of Magonsaete." he began, his eyes looking back towards the Valter sisters. His eyes widened, he'd been right, they were there too. Even here he was not safe. "Has every lady in Wyke come to rescue me? I appreciate the thought... but it's a little much."

Chapter 6B Completed!

Esclabor rescued!

[spoiler=BEXP]

Cass gains 20 BEXP!

Claire gains 40 BEXP!

Sidney gains 15 BEXP!

Freya gains 55 BEXP!

Freya grows to level 11!

(67 84 73 39 11 50 42 96)

HP up!

Speed up!

Defense up!

Morta gains 30 BEXP!

Decima gains 25 BEXP!

Nona gains 15 BEXP!

Nelon gains 15 BEXP!

All players are free to post!

Edited by Shin

Sidney brushed her hair aside, adjusting her coat as she made her way over to the rest of the group. "Tough stuff," she remarked. "Sorry to disappoint, though- I'm Raewalden. You must be Esclabor. My name is Lady Sidney Montana." She looked to Cass next, patting her on the shoulder. "Thanks for the healing. We make a pretty good team, huh?"

With the leader of the bandits surrendering himself to whatever fate they saw fit, Cass set him aside to be dealt with later. Right now? She rushed up to Esclabor and grasped him by his cuff, pulling him straight up to his feet. "How many did you kill? I was informed by another man in this group that you slaughtered a hundred men in your 'defense' of Wyke. How many!? Was he telling the truth?" Esclabor's issues with his rescue party could wait. Cass hearing the other side of this issue first hand was more important right now. And if she didn't like what she heard, well, she'd get to that then. It wouldn't be pretty for Esclabor.

Cass Smash

Esclabor winced as Cass pulled him up to his feet. Clearly the Princess wasn't happy with him. "Probably about a hundred, Princess." he replied, still in some degree of discomfort. "They attacked the south coast and I managed to carve a hole through their formation. The General had given me permission to push if I saw an opening, and our scouts said this area was relatively undefended. It was a disaster though, all our archers kept missing, a lot of friendly fire too..."

The man looked down at the ground, knowing too well his rashness had been his undoing. "I'd punch myself too in your situation, Princess. I messed up, I'm not going to make any excuses for myself. I lost a lot of men, they knew what they signed up for, but I'm not proud of it."

Nona had wandered over to see what the commotion was, rather intrigued by Cass and the Baron. "I'm not interrupting you two, am I?" she asked, almost oblivious to Cass' hostility towards him. "Is this why you keep avoiding me, is the Princess more your type?"

Esclabor muttered something under his breath, something about her having another Baron or two to torment instead.

Defender of the Breakfast

Nelon had decided to muster up the courage to reunite with the rest of the party, although upon seeing Nona with the Princess, perhaps Claire and Freya were a better choice for him. Approaching the pair, Nelon sheathed his sword, hopefully he wouldn't need it to keep them at bay. "Miss Freya, Lady Claire... are you unharmed?" he asked, neither of the two appeared too badly injured but they'd faced a plethora of foes. "I have medicine if you require it."

"I'm fine, Sir Nelon." Claire responded, bemused for a moment as she watched Cass hoist Esclabor back onto his feet, before turning to face the rider. He seemed mostly fine, and as far as she could tell Freya was still in good shape too, fortunately. "We should probably deal with him," She gestured towards the surrendered soldier. "While the princess does erm... whatever she's doing." Questionning? Yelling? All things considered, maybe Esclabor was going to get worse treatment as a prisoner than the man guarding the fort.

Cass instantly dropped him in disgust. "What were you thinking?" She didn't bother to react angrily, disappointment all that was welling up in her. "We'll let Owen decide what to do with you, once we regroup with him. You will tell him everything that happened. Everything. If I hear you left a single small bit of information out, you'll be answering to my axe, and it does not discriminate because you hold a title in Wyke." She growled out her threat and turned to Nona, still scowling. She realized she was after a moment, doing her best to calm her expression.

"Please heal my wounds, Nona." She paid no mind to her remark, and anyone could see how badly she was bruised and bleeding. You'd think she'd have been more worried! "I'll treat your sisters, as well. Come with me, please."

Cass left Esclabor to himself. There was no need to press things further. That man was right, she thought, gritting her teeth, and we murdered him under a baseless assumption. She sighed. That fight with Arteria had shaken her so much. Just heal the girls.

She slowly approached Decima and Morta, staff at the ready. "Would you mind if I took care of your injuries?"

Freya exhaled with relief after the battle's completion, sheathing her sword. Once more, no enemy seemed able to scratch her- some were not willing to even try. "Ha! Thank you, Sir Nelon, but I am unharmed. These Magonsean bandits tremble before me in battle, and none have yet left any lasting injury. So no, I have no need of that for now. But I appreciate the sentiment. We did well here, no casualties again and our objective complete." She glanced over at the clearly upset princess. "Whether or not our objective was what we really wanted to do is a different story, but not my place to question."

Freya approached the other noblewoman speaking to the princess. "I'm impressed... you seem to have come up just fine for someone who was dropped into a group of enemies. A bit more than you let on, hmm? Anyway, I have your lockpick back for you- I can take the bow now that we're done again as well."

(Freya trades Sidney her Lockpick back for the Iron Bow)

Executive Decisions

"Of course, Princess. I don't intend on trying to sweet talk your brother." Esclabor replied, letting out a grunt as he landed on the ground. His impressions of the Princess had been correct, the rumours of her abrupt nature and lack of grace were spot on. Whispering to himself, Esclabor shook his head. "Perhaps little Talmot wasn't wrong after all..."

Nona on the other hand, followed along innocently, blissfully unaware of Cass' rage. "Of course, Princess, you remind me of Morta, she's always getting bumps and bruises whenever she goes somewhere." she rambled, raising her staff and bathing Cass in its light. "Baron Esclabor normally dresses better than that, he usually puts a lot more effort into his appearance..."

"That's because he spends more time than the three of us put together in front of a mirror each morning." Morta huffed, showing no sympathy for the man at all. "I say we leave him here, you've wasted enough time on him already, Nona." Decima looked as if she were ready to say something, but quickly decided that she either didn't have the energy to do so, or her point would fall on deaf ears.

At least Nona was good for something. "These are a bit more than bumps and bruises. Unless your sister participates in blood sport on the regular." Cass wouldn't put it past her if she was Angus' favorite.

Speaking of, she seemed talkative, but Decima was as quiet as they came, trying to say something but comfortably staying quiet. Cass did her best to close Morta's wounds. "We're not leaving him here, but you should try to stick to one nobleman, Nona. Jumping between Esclabor and the Kearneys won't be good for your health." Jabbing at it now wouldn't be a bad way to breach the topic.

She quickly closed up Morta and aimed her magic at Decima. "And while I'm healing you, please say what you were going to. I don't think you're in the sort of company you need to stay tight lipped over... Unless you can't trust your sisters, or your Princess." She was forcing her hand, yes, but that wasn't an issue for Cass. She was right, she had to find out if Decima could speak openly about anything in front of her.

Edited by Narmaya

Royalty is Strange

Nelon wasn't entirely sure how to explain Cass' actions to Claire. From what he'd heard and seen of the Princess, she was a force unto herself. It was probably easier to just let her do as she wished until they returned to civilisation - it was safer for everyone involved.

"It appears that Princess Cassandra is displeased with Baron Esclabor's choice in... tactics." he explained, having chosen the words he saw fit. "It is probably... best if we leave her to her own devices. Ah, yes, the soldier at the fort, that would be a worthwhile task."

The warrior had dropped his weapon, holding his hands in the air. Closing his eyes tightly, he stood tall. "If yer goin' to off me, do it quick. I've suffered enough watching you kill all my men."

-

Pegascenario

Nona laughed, putting her arm around Decima. "Little Decima just gets exasperated by her two sisters, we're quite the bother sometimes." she replied. "We cause all sorts of trouble, Decima's the best behaved of we three... and Morta's probably the worst, especially when it comes to An-..."

"The Princess doesn't need to hear that!" Morta snapped, her face going bright red. "What about that time you told Baron Nelon that our father needed to see him urgently at the dead of night!"

Nona laughed, sticking out her tongue. "Father did want to speak to him, I just moved his appointment half a day earlier." Decima had finally decided she'd speak, her sisters were too much sometimes.

"Yes, Nona, but I don't he appreciated your... surprise." Decima replied, crossing her arms. "I think he's been avoiding you ever since."