Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 3 (Angus' Party)

Shin

Stranger Things

Gavin was right about these people, they were insane. Pink pegasi, bears... and wherever this Dougistan place was, it was all nuts. "It's all real kind of you all, but really. I'd be much happier livin' in my own country." he replied, fearing that these people wouldn't take no for an answer. "I don't want to be mixed up in wizards or flying dragons, bears or roofs."

Lars still had something on his mind, his boss and Angus had both come from the south... and it was unusually to see them together by choice. "Boss, what were you and the bear mother doing down by the river? Anything interesting?" he asked, wondering if they'd found anything. "I remember you wanting to go check it out."

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That's fine, Gavin. Still, if you need help with something, it's the least we could do to help out." He nodded at Gavin's refusal to join. It made sense, not everybody was cut out to go on adventures like this. Not to mention, he didn't seem like a courageous man. He had to wonder how he made it in such a harsh life.

Lars however was, once again, curious about something. Specifically what Serge had found back down south. He turned to face Lars. "An old face from not too long ago. Back on the beach, we encountered an...interesting guy. We thought he was dead, but as it turns out, he was back down there to greet us." He folded his arms. "He's the 'Apellon' I mentioned. And I think he might of helped us out...in his own way."

"And another thing...I realize that I had been harsh towards Angus earlier but...I think I can trust him. And so, I need you to put your trust in him as well. All of you." He turned back to face all his mercenaries, giving them a thumbs up and a smile. "Don't worry. If he does cross us, I think we can take him," He half meant that bit as a joke. "But for now, I need you guys to cooperate with him. Okay?"

Alain wasn't sure just how easily Gavin expected to settle into a "peaceful" life in Magonsaete--if it wasn't someone trying to kill the locals, the locals were trying to kill someone. But it was clear the boy would not be swayed, and there was something to be said about finding comfort in one's motherland, however treacherous it might be. But there was a more pressing matter brought to Alain's attention. "You're telling me the man you put down and marked for dead was actually alive? And well enough to follow us all the way here by himself?" Alain scoffed. For someone who'd supposedly just seen a dead man walking, and talking, Serge seemed rather blase about the matter. "Well, there was another one with him as well, if I'm not mistaken? What of her? I can't say I'm particularly interested in fighting off an ambush on our way back to the fort," he muttered.

Mysterious Return

"Aye, boss." Lars replied, clenching his fist firmly. "I'll trust you on this one. There's a lot of things I don't know about this whole situation. But if you feel that it's something we must strive for, we're all behind you. Each and every one of us."

The Reliants had gathered around Serge, all showing the same determined expression. They were an odd bunch, from various places and backgrounds, but they were all united underneath their young leader. From the bulky axemen to the dainty mages, they all had their own reasons for following him, some more informed than others. Gavin was glad to be rid of these people, he'd already started skulking away, perhaps to continue the rest of his life elsewhere.

Captain Haddock gave a small chuckle, returning his pipe to his mouth. "Baron Kearney, me and the boys will get the boat down to the beach we dropped yer off at. The boat's not in bad nick, we could probably patch it up in less than a day. We'll make sure yer got enough supplies an' head back to Wyke once yer gone. Make sure that they know yer OK."

With that, the journey back to the beach began, with many mysteries solved but even more having reared their heads.

Serge gains the Commander skill!

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD, WAIT FOR THE NEW ONE. TIMESKIP WILL OCCUR REUNITING THE GROUP