Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 3 (Angus' Party)

Shin

Angus' gaze is focused out onto the battlefield. That many wyverns was... well, Pa called some fights "bailin' out a barge on Shit Creek", and this was one of them. Giving them any chance to swoop in and do as they choose was bad news, so that really only gave...

[i must be dreamin'. Never thought I'd be on th'business end of a Holy Diver.] But there it was, clear as day. Even from such a distance, the thing was indistinguishable. [Maybe he c'n be reasoned with, but sure as hell not from out here.] He gives Alain a nod--he has an idea. Engel save these men and women, Angus had an idea.

"Righ'. We can't let 'em do as they wish, so here's the bit. Doug an' I, we'll charge in an' out, keep 'em at bay. What gets through us--an' some will, there's too many for us to hold off--you lot tear 'em to shreds. Serge, I need you t'handle the particulars on that. Lizards first, mages second; anyone runs, let 'em. We don't got the manpower to take prisoners." He finishes his commands by turning his head to Alain. "An' you, mate--don' be a hero. Tha's our job." Angus leans almost entirely off the saddle, scratching his pet's ears. [Nowhere to run--guess he's comin' with.]

On a whim, Angus makes a small roar at his pet. Perhaps it could be encouraged? Not much was better for intimidation than a roaring bear... probably.

"Aaa."

"Aarr."

[Hell yes!]

"Raaaa."
"Raa!"

"Raaar!"

"Raaaar."

Now, his eyes on the enemy, he tries the full bore.

"RAAAAARGH!"

"Raa."

The bear mother chuckles. It was close enough. Now, the roar that actually mattered.

"You lot can book it, or you c'n kick it! We ain't interested in takin' prisoners or dyin' today!"

Angus deploys to (4,18)

Edited by Terrador

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emily deploys to (1,17)

Larissa deploys to (1,16)

Serge deploys to (4,19)

Morganna deploys to (3,19)

Lars deploys to (2,18)

Hans deploys to (3,18)

Edited by Dandragon

Alain raised an eyebrow at Angus, unsure of whether the Baron was being serious with him or not. "I am many things Sir Angus, but a hero I know I am not," he mused. "I'll leave the brunt of the work in your hands," he said, "but I'll support you all from the rear. I meant what I said, and I think you'll find my magic is quite capable," he added. "Let's see if we can't all come out of this in one piece."

Alain deploys to (1,19)

Doug loved it when all he had to do was charge into enemies and look good doing it. He would have preferred enemies that couldn't eat him, but such challenges would cement him as the great leader of Dougistan.

"Look to the skies, friends. You're gonna see a legend!"

Doug deploys to (2,16)

Seeing a wyvern close enough to threaten the others, Doug decided to bite the bullet and vanquish the foe.

"Dougistan does not suffer imposters!"

Doug moves to (2,12), attacks Wyvern #7 with Iron Lance!

Doug Cantos to (2,15)

Doug moves to 2,12!

Doug attacks Wyvern #7 with his Iron Lance!
16 Atk, 100% Hit, 11% Crit
(2 89)
Glory to Dougistan! Wyvern #7 takes 16 damage! (14/30 HP remaining)
Wyvern #7 counters with his Iron Blade!
9 Atk, 38% Hit, 1% Crit
(33 78)
Doug takes 9 damage! (20/29 HP remaining)
Doug finishes!
(5 13)
Dougistan is the best country!

Doug gains 40 XP!
Doug gains 3 Lance WEXP!

Doug cantos to 2,15!

Serge looked up the mountain. Already, he felt tense. As much as he had gone around, he'd never seen wyverns before. Unfortunately, he didn't have the time to marvel at them, not when the ones riding were trying to take his head off. He motioned for the axe brothers and Morganna to follow him, then he moved forward.

Serge to (8,18), equip Iron Sword

Lars to (5,18), Equip Iron Axe

Hans to (6,18), equip Iron Axe

Larissa to (2,16), refresh Doug

Morganna to (7,18), create Illusion on (8,19)

Edited by Dandragon

Angus watches his comrades move, conflicted; the sight of Doug running through that wyvern rider boded well, but these "Reliants" weren't so receptive to the baron's offer. It was time for Angus to do as Angus did best--charge. Only three words clued his allies in to his intentions, though a good half of them might be able to recognize the signs by now.

"Takin' the mage!"

Angus to (9,16), attack Mage #2 with Bronze Axe

Edited by Terrador

Serge moves to 8,18!

Serge equips his Iron Sword!

"Tell us where you want us, Boss. We're all ears."

Lars moves to 5,18!

Lars equips his Iron Axe!

Hans moves to 6,18!

Hans equips his Iron Axe!

Larissa moves to 2,16!

Larissa refreshes Doug!

Larissa gains 15 XP!

Larissa grows to level 5!

(67 3 33 10 15 35 63 73)

Strength up!

Skill up!

Speed up!

Morganna moves to 7,18!

Morganna creates an Illusion on 8,19!

Morganna gains 10 XP!

Angus moves to 9,16!

Angus attacks Mage #2 with his Bronze Axe!
15 Atk, 96% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge Possible
(22 65)
Angus deals 15 damage! (11/26 remaining)
Mage #2 counters with Frost!
16 Atk, 69% Hit, 4% Crit
(19 21)
Angus takes 16 damage! (21/37 HP remaining)
Angus charges!
(92 61)
Angus finishes!

Angus gains 30 XP!
Angus gains 3 Axe WEXP!

Full of vigor after Larissa's dance, Doug was ready to join the others. He offered a hand to help the dancer up.

"Climb aboard and hold onto me like you would your lover!"

Doug Rescues Larissa, Cantos to (5,19)

"Maybe the wyverns wouldn't be too bad..."

Doug rescues Larissa!
Doug cantos to 5,19!
Emily moves to 5,18!
Alain moves to 6,19!
Alain rescuedrops Larissa on 7,19!
ENEMY PHASE
"Show them why we're called the Reliants! They're after the ground we sleep on and the skies we soar over! Once these invaders take Myrcia, they'll go for Deira next!"
Wyvern #6 moves to 9,15!
Wyvern #6 attacks Angus with his Steel Sword!
8 Atk, 85% Hit, 4% Crit
(62 16)
Angus takes 8 damage! (13/37 HP remaining)
Angus counters!
10 Atk, 87% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge not possible
(78 66)
Wyvern #6 takes 10 damage! (20/30 HP remaining)

Angus gains 10 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!
Wyvern #6 cantos to 9,14!
Wyvern #8 moves to 10,16!
Wyvern #8 attacks Angus with his Steel Sword!
7 Atk, 81% Hit, 2% Crit
(20 3)
Angus takes 7 damage! (6/37 HP remaining)
Angus counters with his Bronze Axe!
11 Atk, 83% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge not possible
(80 66)
Angus deals 11 damage! (19/30 HP remaining)

Angus gains 10 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Angus grows to level 10!
(45 93 89 97 67 72 31 60)
HP up!
Defense up!
Wyvern #8 cantos to 12,16!
Thief #5 moves to 9,15!
Thief #5 steals Zadkiel's Vulnerary!
Thief #6 moves to 9,19!
Thief #6 tries to attack the Illusion!
The Illusion fades!
"Careful, men! Don't charge at them, they're not daft! Wait for back up to arrive!"
Chapter 6C - Turn 2
9b55d5818d45a7c5ff34b8ac357c7798.png

"That's quite the trick you've got there, Morganna. Color me impressed," Alain said. Impressed as he was, he didn't have time to dawdle. Angus had already taken a fair bit of a beating, and he was beginning to get swarmed by the enemy.

Alain moves to (8,16) and Thunders Thief #5 [79 hit, 12 dmg]
Larissa moves to (8,17) and dances for Alain
Alain moves to (10,16) and Thunders Wyvern #8 [Autohit, wrekt dmg]

Angus grunts under the force of the two swords, lashing back as best he can. The baron manages to raise his axe before the third foe closes, but he ducks out of range in the blink of an eye. Angus answers with his own blink.

"Th'hell did he jus'--ah. Well. Tha's jus' rude, innit, boys?" Understandably, the half-dead maniac doesn't get a response from his animals. With no response yet from the Deirans, either, Angus tries once again.

"You c'n still fuck off, any time! You're makin' a mockery o'that lance, an' your boys are dyin' for it!"

Angus lulls for a moment (nothing at all to do with beating on death's door again!). With the more threatening enemies at bay, he can only think of Dettard's regulars. Good men, perhaps. His own, and Doug's, had they lived. Smart, organized, and fighting under a delusion... they really were alike.

Before he knew it, Wyke's motley crew rallied around Angus, and made good on his words.

Edited by Terrador

Seeing Angus take on all of those enemies and remain standing was truly awe-inspiring. Seeing him get the crap beat out of him in the process made him wonder how they would explain his death to Cass and Owen. Doug flew over to help support his neighbor.

"Thief! Repent your evil ways! Dougistan judges you!"

Doug goes to (8,16), attacks Thief #5 with Javelin

Morganna smirked, looking at Alain smugly. "It's nothing compared to what I've been working on... but I'll save that for another day." she boasted, decidedly aware of the current situation.

Alain moves to 8,16!

Alain attacks Thief #5 with Thunder!
12 Atk, 82% Hit, 20% Crit
(61 22)
Alain deals 12 damage! (12/24 HP remaining)

Alain gains 10 XP!
Alain gains 1 Tomes WEXP!

"Maybe one more time for luck?"

Larissa moves to 8,17!

Larissa refreshes Alain!

Larissa gains 15 XP!

Alain moves to 10,16!

Alain attacks Wyvern #8 with Thunder!
(40 75)
(35 13)
It didn't matter!

Alain gains 36 XP!
Alain gains 3 Tome WEXP!

Serge moves to 8,14!

Serge attacks Wyvern #6 with his Wingclipper!
30 Atk, 84% Hit, 8% Crit, 10% Adept, Charge Possible
(89 6)
Serge misses!
(44)
Wyvern #6 counters!
10 Atk, 63% Hit, 0% Crit
(13 54)
Serge takes 10 damage! (25/35 HP remaining)
Serge charges!
(32 39)
Serge cuts him down!

Serge gains 36 XP!
Serge gains 3 Sword WEXP!

Doug moves to 8,16!

Doug attacks Thief #5 with his Javelin!
18 Atk, 50% Hit, 8% Crit
(33 33)
All Glory to Dougistan!

Doug gains 42 XP!
Doug gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Doug grows to level 11!
(81 18 45 83 33 27 69 21)
Strength up!
Speed up!
Luck up!
Resistance up!
Dougistan is best country!

Ywein seemed to take notice of Angus' words, looking down at the crippled horseman with a pitying view. He didn't seem to take Angus' bait, but he did at least respond.

"You've been down too long in the midnight sea, Engel's vision never dies... no need to look so afraid." he called out, giving his lance a twirl. "The Reliants shall shine bright, saving the continent from your warmongering. There will be no war as long as we still breathe."

Edited by Shin

"What the heck are you talking about?" As Serge cut down one of the wyverns, he looked up to their supposed leader. "There seems to be a big misunderstanding here, because I'M from the Reliants. Hell, as far I know," he spoke as he pointed to himself with his thumb. "I'M supposed to be the new leader of the guild, according to a man named Niko. So who the hell are you!?" He asked, pointing up to the supposed leader of the flying version oft the Reliants.

Ywein was rather intrigued by Serge's proclamation, it was a bold one indeed, although one he wasn't going to leave uncontested.

"You're the star of the masquerade, I am Ywein, leader of the Reliants. Our revival is a harsh tale, many of our own were slaughtered, our base destroyed and many cowards among our ranks had fled to save their own skin... along with our remaining funds. However, we rose from the ashes, our life's a never ending wheel." he replied, pointing his spear in the air, All of his men cheered, their confidence not broken by their casualties. "Niko left to save himself, I don't know what version of the story he gave you... all I know is a man who chose his own skin over the Reliants... between the velvet lies... a truth that's as hard as steel."

Edited by Shin

So...This is Niko's legacy. Serge lowered his sword, finally beginning to understand his position in life. "Niko told me that he had been sent to expand the Reliant's influence to Wyke. It's through that lie that me and another person were hired, and it shortly after that he left me in charge to hire several other people under the name of the Reliants." Serge sheathed his sword in an attempt to show his intentions.

"I'm not sure about what charade you're talking about, but I think there's been a misunderstanding. I'd like to offer a truce. Maybe talk things over." He couldn't help but feel anxious about all this. He was still tense, but any allies this far from the other groups could help. ...Anything to help me relieve some of this weight on my shoulders...

Lars moves to (9,18) and Iron Axes Thief #6 a question

---

Angus shakes his head--none of what this man said made any sense. They were only at sea for a handful of days, and warmongering? So far as Angus knew (and he assumed he would know), there were no Wykian troops abroad besides those the baron rode with. He leans down, plucking Zadkiel's medicine from the skewered thief. One whiff turned even Angus' stomach--it would need to wait for just a moment. The bear-tamer taps Serge's arm with his own bloody and frostbitten one.

"I'm with you on this, but eyes open an' sword out 'til he agrees to terms. Remember who started this." Angus raises his voice, now addressing Ywein.

"OEI! We ain't after shit! We're goin' to Raewald, an' in case you haven't noticed, we're a bit short on men! Ywein, izzit? I ain't gonna pretend I know politics, but takin' a swing for the Prince's crew seems likelier t'start a war than anything!" The young baron Kearney gestures at the battlefield--three dead wyverns, a skewered thief, and a quartered mage for not a casualty in return would hopefully make a fine point. "Who looks blessed by Engel's vision, then? Our King kept tha peace, an' 'is son is every bit th'man to do it again." A hand extends with surprising grace behind. "Hans, mate. Th'heavy one, if you would?"

When Angus' eyes revisit Ywein, they hold a steady stare. In attempting to convince his enemy, the knight convinced himself. "You'll turn from this fight, or turn from the light. I'd pick th'former."

Edited by Terrador

Doug was listening to all the falsehoods Ywein was telling Serge. It seemed Serge was buying into the idea that Niko was some coward. Naturally, Doug stepped in to set the record straight.

"Hey, I was there when our base burned! We left on the orders of the boss. Niko, being the second in command of the Reliants, had to leave to preserve the leadership. Hell, I had to pull him out of the fight so we could leave alive! Now, if you're really part of the Reliants, why didn't you go looking for Niko? He would have been your leader, but then again, I guess you wanted to be the new leader, huh?"

Doug was uncharacteristically pissed off, considering Niko wasn't around to defend himself. He felt it his responsibility to protect the former commander's honor, not to mention his own.

It was when Doug spoke up that Serge began to doubt himself. He looked back at Doug, proclaiming Niko's innocence, and it suddenly occurred to him that perhaps the enemy, shocking, might not be telling the truth! But on the other hand, he still wasn't entirely sure who he could trust.

Then he remembered something. Back when Niko had first offered to hire him, he had produced the crest of the Reliants to convince him. Serge himself remembered Niko's words well, in addition to the image of the crest. Two swords crossed over a flame, with a circle made of chains surrounding it. In fact, right before he had left, Niko had handed him the crest. He still held onto it within his pocket.

He looked back up up to 'Ywein', his eyes filled with determination and suspicion. "If you really are the new leader of the Reliants, then you'll show me the crest that each leader has worn proudly ever since and recite it's meaning to me! That way, I'll know you're telling the truth." He waited to bring out the crest, only willing to do so after the wyvern rider had spoken.