Tellius Fanfiction Central (Spoilers)

Anacybele

Similar to the fanfiction thread in the Fates board, I decided to make one for Tellius! The new Tellius book that Kirokan is translating made me want to do it too. A lot of people at least think Tellius's story is good, and heck I even think it's the best in the series, but it's not without flaws. And of course, some of the characters could be better too.

Also, with how much world building and stuff there is in the Tellius saga, it's probably one of the easiest worlds in the series to write fics for because there's so much to work with. Why not explore Daein and Micaiah's time as queen there? Or a prequel to PoR that focuses on Greil's life (as well as Elena's, to an extent)? Or maybe you could write about one of the laguz nations, Begnion, or Ike's journey away from Tellius instead! There's a lot you could do in this continent!

And just like NekoKnight's Fates thread, I'm going to offer a little survey and if you want, your ideas can be added to the OP, just say so. :) Some of these questions will be the same or similar, by the way!

Tellius Fanfiction Survey

1. Which game are you working on? Or are you doing both? Is it an alternate universe retelling?

2. Are you making any changes to the plot?

3. Are there any notable changes you're making to the characters? If so, which ones and what changes? Is Ike still the lord character? Or is Micaiah?

4. What notable changes would you make to the setting? How about things like even further world building and history?

5. Do any characters die?

6. Do you introduce any new characters?

7. Are any characters going to be cut?

Yeah, I decided not to add any of the bullet points like the Fates thread does, because most of it didn't seem needed or relevant and what was important I just added onto the original question.

I myself have one major Tellius fic that has a short story collection that ties in with it as well as a completely unrelated Ike x Elincia short thing that I did for fun. :P I'll fill out this survey later to keep this post short. :) However, I will add that the only thing that really changes for the Ike x Elincia thing is that Ike does not leave Tellius and instead marries Elincia and becomes her Prince Consort. He does mercenary work on the side like Oscar after he rejoins the knights.

Now tell us your ideas! I've seen a Tellius fic here and there on this site too, so I know there are Tellius writers here! ;)

Ana's Survey

1. Which game are you working on? Or are you doing both? Is it an alternate universe retelling?

The main fic, FE: Dawn of Darkness, mainly focuses on RD, but between both it and the short story collection that goes with it, both games are involved.

As few changes as possible, really. The only major change is that Elincia doesn't remain on the Crimean throne and instead gives it to Renning and decides to support Crimea from a non-royal position. She still loves her people and the country, she merely chose to be like Teen Titans' Starfire and decide that she is not what's best for them. There were some complaints about this at first, but I did my best to revise things so it makes more sense (like the length of time that passes between RD and Elincia officially departing. I extended it from a few months to a full year).

3. Are there any notable changes you're making to the characters? If so, which ones and what changes? Is Ike still the lord character? Or is Micaiah?

No, not really. Still trying to make everyone in character. Neither Ike nor Micaiah are the lord characters though, and instead, Dawn of Darkness introduces a new one: Azura (she was created in 09, so she existed long before Fates Azura did, I swear. xP). Both Ike and Elincia appear though, and more or less serve as Jagens/Oifeys. Ranulf does as well. Another prepromote shows up a few chapters later and also has Jagen/Oifey qualities. This might sound like overkill at first, but not long after that, all but Ranulf become temporarily unavailable for awhile and the battles will still take into account the higher levels/stats of these guys.

4. What notable changes would you make to the setting? How about things like even further world building and history?

The only notable change, I think, is that Tellius is in fact NOT the only continent that survived the Great Flood. The people of Tellius merely believed this was the case until they discovered that at least one other land still existed.

Yep, but for the sake of spoilers, I won't reveal who. None are canon characters though.

Sure do! In fact, nearly all of DoD's cast is entirely original!

Not from the entirety of the story of Tellius, but a majority of the canon cast does not appear in DoD. Or even in the short story collection so far, for that matter.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't normally do fanfics, but a did one earlier based on a different person's (mine) point of view and the choices prompted will effect the next event. It was a short one chapter-long story that showed me meeting up with Soren on his way back from recon on Daein in early PoR. Ultimately lost interest in the story and I had no idea where I was going with it, but I like doing POV spins on stories, so maybe I'll pick it up again (but not make me the center of the story and instead a new character altogether.)

I don't imagine this thread turning out nearly as popular as the Fates' thread, primarily because Tellius is actually good, even if there were a couple of missteps in both games. Fates' fanfiction thread is big because the story is shit. The fact that Tellius did not have a fanfiction central thread is a good thing.

I know, but I still see people complain about things like the Black Knight, bloodpact, other aspects of RD's writing, and even a few people say they hated PoR's plot too. But yeah, I don't expect it to be as popular as the Fates one either for what you said, kind of. But I just thought I might give it a try anyway. I don't really think that just because Tellius is good doesn't mean it can't have fanfiction.

Also, Awakening's board didn't get a fanfic thread and a lot of us agree that its story is crap. :P

Power Master: That sounds interesting!

Edited by Anacybele

I know, but I still see people complain about things like the Black Knight, bloodpact, other aspects of RD's writing, and even a few people say they hated PoR's plot too. But yeah, I don't expect it to be as popular as the Fates one either for what you said, kind of. But I just thought I might give it a try anyway.

Also, Awakening's board didn't get one and a lot of us agree that its story is crap. :P

Well, we're starting to get into opinion and speculation regarding Awakening's story, but I think that Awakening was more acceptable than 2/3 of Fates' paths. Fates's story was also supposed to try to fix Awakening's issues but it failed to do that, and Awakening's story wasn't as overhyped by the developers themselves either. So Fates getting a thread while Awakening did make sense to me.

However, if people actually do want to explore Tellius more (even if it's not actual story fixing) I suppose this thread is a good place to put all that stuff, even if I personally never felt the need to explore Tellius further.

Edited by Sunwoo

Ah, I see. Now these things make more sense, thanks, Sangyul.

But yeah, I also created this thread for those who want to explore Tellius more, which is pretty much what I do because there isn't much I'd change in the existing story at all.

Wow, I made a typo in my last post. I meant to say that I CAN understand why Fates got a thread while Awakening didn't. Basically, Fates felt like a bigger disappointment overall than Awakening because the developers acknowledged that they wanted to make Fates' story improve on Awakening's flaws and they failed to do that, and things such as the world building were even more lacking in Fates.

One thing I will say, at least, is that Tellius did a better job at world building and made it feel like an actual place where things had happened, instead of some area where we're only supposed to care about what's in front of us.

Edited by Sunwoo

Don't worry, I still understood what you meant. And I hadn't actually known that IS wanted to improve upon Awakening's story flaws. But I feel like they did with Birthright. Still, it does sound like they didn't do so well with Conquest there.

And yeah, Tellius definitely feels like a real place, which is a reason I enjoy it so much!

Don't worry, I still understood what you meant. And I hadn't actually known that IS wanted to improve upon Awakening's story flaws. But I feel like they did with Birthright. Still, it does sound like they didn't do so well with Conquest there.

And yeah, Tellius definitely feels like a real place, which is a reason I enjoy it so much!

If you want to discuss what issues I had with Conquest, and why I think 2/3 of Fates' story was worse than Awakening, then just send me a PM and we can discuss it there. For now, it'd be cool to see what other ideas people have for Tellius before or after the main stories, but if not a lot of people post here then it's probably because Tellius did a good job of filling in holes that people feel satisfied with what it already has.

Tellius fan fiction, eh?

A little while ago I wrote a sort of disaster AU where the group manages to be defeated at the Tower of Guidance. I never got around to finishing it though. The plot basically revolved around the Branded characters as they attempt to eventually defeat her but I could never really get Stefan right... Oh well.

^Aw, how tragic... Could be interesting though!

Now time for my answers to the survey!

The main fic, FE: Dawn of Darkness, mainly focuses on RD, but between both it and the short story collection that goes with it, both games are involved.

As few changes as possible, really. The only major change is that Elincia doesn't remain on the Crimean throne and instead gives it to Renning and decides to support Crimea from a non-royal position. She still loves her people and the country, she merely chose (with a lot of difficulty) to be like Teen Titans' Starfire and decide that she is not what's best for them (I find these two are pretty similar characters as well). There were some complaints about this at first, but I did my best to revise things so it makes more sense (like the length of time that passes between RD and Elincia officially departing. I extended it from a few months to a full year).

No, not really. Still trying to make everyone in character. Neither Ike nor Micaiah are the lord characters though, and instead, Dawn of Darkness introduces a new one: Azura (she was created in 09, so she existed long before Fates Azura did, I swear. xP). Both Ike and Elincia appear though, and more or less serve as Jagens/Oifeys. Ranulf does as well. Another prepromote shows up a few chapters later and also has Jagen/Oifey qualities. This might sound like overkill at first, but not long after that, all but Ranulf become temporarily unavailable for awhile and the battles will still take into account the higher levels/stats of these guys.

The only notable change, I think, is that Tellius is in fact NOT the only continent that survived the Great Flood. The people of Tellius merely believed this was the case until they discovered that at least one other land still existed.

Yep, but for the sake of spoilers, I won't reveal who. None are canon characters though.

Sure do! In fact, nearly all of DoD's cast is entirely original!

Not from the entirety of the story of Tellius, but a majority of the canon cast does not appear in DoD. Or even in the short story collection so far, for that matter.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh hey! Tellius fic thread! Wiggy shit! Ill bite cuz i got one brewing i put on hold for hella months.

[spoiler=stuff about Tellius Story]

Its actually a story taking place 3 years after the events of Radiant Dawn. No AUs.

Nope. All the canon junk that happened, happened. Other than little bitty things like who may have ended up with whom, etc.

Oh hell no! Everyone who appears would still act like they are supposed to.

Ike is actually not involved AT ALL in this story, because it follows the paired ending he had with Ranulf at the end of RD, at least in person. Hes talked about, ruminated on, and discussed, but is not present. Micaiah is present and a major character, but not the main focus. The plot has a lot to do with her rule in Daein, however. The main focus is on Soren, but it follows others like Jill and Fiona. (oh yeah, and Mist leads the GMs. Shes shockingly amazing at it.)

I would actually discuss the greater population of Hatari because they do have a small part to play in whats going on. The history of Tellius is going to remain unchanged, but who knows about Zunanma discussion.

Yes. One very notable character death. Not saying who, but its huge and a big part of character development for a bunch of people.

N O.

Outside of occasional not-very-important OCs, there are no main OCs in this story.

Yeah a few of them will be. Sorry, Nephenee, Brom, Leonardo, and some others, but like...yeah im not really gonna cram the entire cast into this shit.

Btw, this story deals with a lot of political shit and ramifications about certain stuff that happened during the events of the games. Also, 16 year old Sanaki :D

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Oh wow, Florina, I expected you to be doing some AU thing about Soren having become king of Daein cause I know you really liked that idea. :P But still an interesting idea anyway!

And don't worry about putting it on hold for months, that's basically me and my story chapters too. xP (DoD's been going on for seven years now)

There is concept art of an older Sanaki in that book Kirokan is translating, Soul. Unless you mean you'd like to see her personality? Then I have no idea. lol

EDIT: I edited my survey a bit. I felt I left out something kinda relevant. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Oh wow, Florina, I expected you to be doing some AU thing about Soren having become king of Daein cause I know you really liked that idea. :P But still an interesting idea anyway!

And don't worry about putting it on hold for months, that's basically me and my story chapters too. xP (DoD's been going on for seven years now)

Oh lmao well...the story does have the Soren/Daein Throne pairing involved, but like its not an AU and its a cause-and-effect kind of thing. Something more akin to Game of Thrones or even Redwall with its more political exploration. This is not a conflict where Yune/Ashera is really involved that much.

I'd be really, really eager see that.

I warn you, im shameless in my Tormod/Sanaki ship

Interesting, I always had an idea to make a Side Story of sorts focusing on the battles that were only grazed upon by RD with soldiers from the countries of Crimea, Gallia, Kilvas and Begnion. Like how in RD, Tibarn came back bloody after a scuffle led by a ruse by Naesala but we never see it. Or the battle where the two armies of Begnion and Gallia clash but the Greil Mercs are doing a sneak attack.

Still unsure if I'll go through with it but it will focus more on original characters although the major events are all moved by the main characters of the game. It's more like the events through the eyes of the common yellow or green soldier.

Oh lmao well...the story does have the Soren/Daein Throne pairing involved, but like its not an AU and its a cause-and-effect kind of thing. Something more akin to Game of Thrones or even Redwall with its more political exploration. This is not a conflict where Yune/Ashera is really involved that much.

Ah, I see now! Still sounds pretty interesting. :)

I like Tormod x Sanaki too, btw!

There is concept art of an older Sanaki in that book Kirokan is translating, Soul. Unless you mean you'd like to see her personality? Then I have no idea. lol

Of course, I was there:

ohmyfuckinggawd
I swear, I'm going to bite my lip so hard blood's going to come out. It's like God (which I didn't believe in, until now) is calling out to me saying "you've suffered enough, take this".
To answer your uestion: all the above. There were things left out, and it would've been nice to know more. ),:

Talk about dealbreaker >A>

Not sure how much of a response this will get, BUT there's a saying that if you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself.

Show me what the word "shameless" means. I am intrigued.

I'm thinking of writing something centered around the Begnion Civil War that happened after Misaha's death, from the point of view of Sephiran leading the Monarchist forces against the Senate. I also have something going into the historiography of the Tellius games.

Not sure how much of a response this will get, BUT there's a saying that if you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself.

Show me what the word "shameless" means. I am intrigued.

How about Sanaki actually appointing Tormod on the Senate? Ooooooooooooo!

I'm thinking of writing something centered around the Begnion Civil War that happened after Misaha's death, from the point of view of Sephiran leading the Monarchist forces against the Senate. I also have something going into the historiography of the Tellius games.

I say! Do tell!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working on Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Focusing on the Dawn Brigade.

Yes. I'm changing some things regarding Pelleas, Micaiah, the Begnion Senate and the Blood Pact.

There isn't a Lord character, per say. Every one in the Dawn Brigade is a main character. There are changes to some characters. Meg, for example, has a motive that isn't "Zihark is my future husband!"

Well, whilst the Blood Pact is going to stay, I'm going to try flesh that out a bit. Ashnard won't be signing a Blood Pact. Daein are going to have other motives for joining the war. And there are going to be good Begnion Senators eventually.

Maybe?

6. Three new recruits to the Daein Army and three people tied into the Begnion Senate sub plot.

Nope.

Here's a link, if you are interested. Roughly 40% game script, 60% original content, but that will change.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11924747/1/The-Dawn-Brigade

• 2 weeks later...

Both POR and RD. Yes, it's a massive alternate universe retelling and a series.

-Ashnard keeps Soren

-What happens if Soren stays at Daein

-Zelgius is brothers with Ike(Pretty sure there was a theory before so I'll go with it)

And many others. I think I'll take questions through PMs or reviews. Too many stuff to list. The game script will most likely not happen.

-Soren as like a grandmaster and dragonlord altogether.

-Soren be fighting for Daein instead of the Greil Mercenaries.

-Ike is still a lord but also a noble birth(I know, it'll make him more Gary Stu but...)

I will answer through PMs'. This is massive AU.

*sigh* kinda hard to explain. I say it'll mostly focus on Tellius. I'll start with the first story of a series. I say it combines with other fantasy games/movies as well as other Fire Emblem games such as Awakening, Fates, and many others but that will be later. It's also a huge crossover with other games but not during Path of Radiance story that I'm doing. Maybe some references.

Well, I'm taking OCs. Maybe they will die. Main characters? Less chance to 50%.

Yes, I will answer through PMs and reviews.

As in not going to be introduced? Nah, they'll still be here.

The URL? https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12132048/1/The-Daeinian-Prince

That is only Soren POV. Basically what changes from my series to the game. Planned to be a quick story.