Who can be a good Sorcerer in this game?

I would say that there is no such thing as a great Sorcerer in this game. Nobody who can reclass into Sorcerer has a good magic growth. There is no one who gets higher then 30%. And Caesar and Cord are the only ones who even get that far.

Etzel. He can OHKO enemy Dracoknights through H5 Ch22 with Excalibur + Spirit Dust and makes a passable staffbot.

Problem is, he has to sack a whole hell of a lot of characters to get him.

Not if you use the gaiden requirements removal patch. But in all seriousness, Etzel is the only character with a decent magic growth with access to Sorceror, so him.

Not if you use the gaiden requirements removal patch. But in all seriousness, Etzel is the only character with a decent magic growth with access to Sorceror, so him.

I have a physical copy. rip

I have a physical copy. rip

Damn. Well, I find gaiden runs are actually not that tough because they force you to low man, which means all the exp is going to like 15 units tops, who will all be hella buff as a result.

I would say that there is no such thing as a great Sorcerer in this game. Nobody who can reclass into Sorcerer has a good magic growth. There is no one who gets higher then 30%. And Caesar and Cord are the only ones who even get that far.

Pretty much this. Makes me think Sorcerer was added just for the sake of being Gharnef's class.

Or because male class B would've had no magic units whatsoever, and having that option is a Good Thing.

If Caeda can pull off being a good unit despite her awful Strength growth, then Caesar/Cord/Draug can pull off being a passable Sorcerer. "BUT WING SPEAR!" Wing Spear's effectiveness means squat against non-armored infantry units.

Caeda's strength growth isn't that big of an issue because a good portion of SD's enemies, including most bosses, are armored or mounted, she'll double pretty much everything on most difficulties, and promoting to Dracoknight almost entirely fixes her strength problem due to the +4 gain and getting access to axes, which have high might.

That said, the low magic growth of your potential Sorcerors other than Etzel isn't the problem, because most enemies have poor Res anyway. The real problem is them getting low or subpar growths in some other stats you may not want to have low growths. Cord, for instance, has a freaking 20% HP growth as a Sorceror.