• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rezzy D’AWWWWW THAT’S SO CUTE

Now she needs a spear, preferably child-proofed

Foam Brave Lance replica when?

I wish I was handy enough to make one.  Sadly, I've never been that great at making stuff.

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Taaaaaaw she's absolutely adorable! I can tell she's mommy's little angel. Lol. I hope you guys have fun!! Does Leo know what he wants to be yet?

I'm thinking Cowboy.  He got a hat that he loves.  We don't have a full costume, but should be able to throw something together along with the hat.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm thinking Cowboy.  He got a hat that he loves.  We don't have a full costume, but should be able to throw something together along with the hat.

That sounds adorable! It shouldn't be too much to put together either since you've already got the hat. I'd love to see it once you finish the costume. 

DAWWW Est is so cute

I'm looking forward to the day I can say, I'm goning to be a dad. but that's something I don't plan on for a few years

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ah, I see! Reminds me of a costume my mom made me years ago when I was a kid. It was an angel or fairy or something. I prefer to say fairy. But it was a gold and silver dress with gold wings. My mom actually made me several costumes growing up. She was pretty good at sewing. We still have the sewing machine she got from her grandma too. I've also used it a few times.

Halloween store, eh? If it's Spirit Halloween, I'd go elsewhere for costumes. I found mine at Target's website for $20 cheaper than what Spirit Halloween would've charged. Spirit Halloween is legit for decor though!

alternativly you could always make your own, when I was a kid my dad and I always made our own costumes, well just costumes for me.

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

DAWWW Est is so cute

I'm looking forward to the day I can say, I'm goning to be a dad. but that's something I don't plan on for a few years

alternativly you could always make your own, when I was a kid my dad and I always made our own costumes, well just costumes for me.

I really wish I was better at sewing or making costumes in general.  I'd love to cosplay, but it's either too expensive and/or beyond my ability to produce well.

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

That can be a ton of work though, and Rezzy already said she has no skill in making stuff, so. I also did make my costume last year, though it was a simple one to do.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

That can be a ton of work though, and Rezzy already said she has no skill in making stuff, so. I also did make my costume last year, though it was a simple one to do.

you can always make it intentionaly cheesy

one of the costumes I made was based off of a 50's clasic scifi robot

I made it out of a cardboard box, aluminium foil, on some dryer tubes(those silver things that you put on the back of a dryer.), and christmas lights

Aww winged Est! She looks so cute!

It's really great when your son can't pronounce his Rs and when his favourite shoes are his Crocs; we are currently in Starbucks and he just yelled 'MY COCK FELL OFF.' 

@Rezzy what is Leo being for Halloween?

Edited by Res

23 hours ago, Res said:

Aww winged Est! She looks so cute!

It's really great when your son can't pronounce his Rs and when his favourite shoes are his Crocs; we are currently in Starbucks and he just yelled 'MY COCK FELL OFF.' 

@Rezzy what is Leo being for Halloween?

Probably a cowboy.  We got the hat and just need to find clothes to go with it.  He loves riding his horse and his "cowbee" hat.

On 10/8/2017 at 10:58 PM, Rezzy said:

I really wish I was better at sewing or making costumes in general.  I'd love to cosplay, but it's either too expensive and/or beyond my ability to produce well.

You could always just go to Goodwill or the Salvation Army and make a costume out of hand-me-down clothing. I've done this for Halloween for the past few years, and the costumes were pretty good and inexpensive. 

Sewing is my main hobby (I make most of my clothes these days) but I feel like costuming is a whole other skill... or at least I find it daunting enough that I psyche myself out of it (although I did make the kids' hats/ears last year).

Edited by Res

I think I'm getting baby fever.  I never used to think babies were cute.  Now I awww internally every time I see just a picture of a baby... I daydream a lot about having one.  Pretty much every day now. 

I want to have one in a couple years, I think.  I'm 28.  

---

On 10/9/2017 at 11:07 AM, Res said:

Oh my goodness, that's hilarious.  You just made my day.  :lol:

I'm glad someone appreciates it! ;)

I've never really had baby fever but I did have a really strong desire to experience pregnancy/parenthood, plus I can't deny that it's super neat to see how your genes combine! 28 is when I first got pregnant so I understand the feeling!

I always envisioned having a son - not sure why, just I somehow imagined a son would be more like me. I had Anya first and she has my coloring, but otherwise she is my husband's mini-me (so much so that she often really irritates him, it's disconcerting for some people to see all their personality traits echoed back at them, haha. I often have to intervene in their arguments and remind my husband that Anya is only behaving exactly as he does). And sure enough, along came Niko and he has my personality and fastidiousness exactly, just as I had imagined. I'm not normally so prescient but it seems I guessed right, there.

14 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I think I'm getting baby fever.  I never used to think babies were cute.  Now I awww internally every time I see just a picture of a baby... I daydream a lot about having one.  Pretty much every day now. 

I want to have one in a couple years, I think.  I'm 28.  

---

Oh my goodness, that's hilarious.  You just made my day.  :lol:

I was two days shy of my 28th birthday when Leo was born.  I've always wanted to have kids and a family.  It's just something I've wanted for as long as I could remember.

10 minutes ago, Res said:

I'm glad someone appreciates it! ;)

I've never really had baby fever but I did have a really strong desire to experience pregnancy/parenthood, plus I can't deny that it's super neat to see how your genes combine! 28 is when I first got pregnant so I understand the feeling!

I always envisioned having a son - not sure why, just I somehow imagined a son would be more like me. I had Anya first and she has my coloring, but otherwise she is my husband's mini-me (so much so that she often really irritates him, it's disconcerting for some people to see all their personality traits echoed back at them, haha. I often have to intervene in their arguments and remind my husband that Anya is only behaving exactly as he does). And sure enough, along came Niko and he has my personality and fastidiousness exactly, just as I had imagined. I'm not normally so prescient but it seems I guessed right, there.

You must be going by Fates rules if your daughter has your hair color, but is your husband's canon child.

Both of my children have my hair color, which makes me worry that this is Fates rules and they aren't my canon children, but they both share a lot of my traits, so maybe they're both my canon children, and my married was one of those canon pairings for the writers.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

You must be going by Fates rules if your daughter has your hair color, but is your husband's canon child.

Haha yes! At least I gave birth to her so I know she's definitely mine.

Is Leo into anything in particular? We're still in a heavy dinosaur phase (10 months and counting...) with Niko. Nothing captures Anya's attention for very long though.

6 hours ago, Res said:

Haha yes! At least I gave birth to her so I know she's definitely mine.

Is Leo into anything in particular? We're still in a heavy dinosaur phase (10 months and counting...) with Niko. Nothing captures Anya's attention for very long though.

Leo loves dinosaurs, cars, and cowboys right now.  His favorite stuffed animal is his Bulbasaur that he calls Bulbadinosaur.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Leo loves dinosaurs, cars, and cowboys right now.  His favorite stuffed animal is his Bulbasaur that he calls Bulbadinosaur.

That's really cute.

• 1 month later...

AH. GOOD. I found this thread again lost it for a while.

So yeah I have 2 kids now. Ryan 'Rybread' Daniel (2-year old) and Leon Ridley (3-month old, definitely not named after video game character(s), who we call the potato-child). 

I had to come find this thread because I just taught the older kid how to say yes and am brimming with parental pride QuQ

He was making nondescript complainy noises at me so I was trying to figure out what he wanted, so I had the water pitcher over his cup and looked at him and asked ‘yes? more water? yes?’ and ye said 'ecsh’ so I poured it and congratulated him and he was like 'mo wada’

PROUDDDD

Also have Rybread's selfie collection: https://blademaster-banryu.tumblr.com/post/167504549428/and-now-a-small-collection-of-selfies-and-other

EDIT: let's do his first LP attempt as well: https://blademaster-banryu.tumblr.com/post/165973966260/part-2-whyyyyy

EDIT: also, my other kid

20171114_183833.jpg

Actually let's just post my parental tag from my tumblr it's got plenty of gold: https://blademaster-banryu.tumblr.com/tagged/Dragon-dad-things

Edited by BANRYU

@Res THANK *3* I kept trying to show Leon his middle namesake in the new Metroid but he had only fleeting moments of interest in it >wo

I've been watching a lot of people play Cuphead lately and randomly one day had the idea for two cuphead-esque characters named 'Rye Bread' and 'Tater Tot' lol. I need to think of designs for those two and attempt to draw them haha. 

On 11/14/2017 at 8:36 PM, BANRYU said:

AH. GOOD. I found this thread again lost it for a while.

So yeah I have 2 kids now. Ryan 'Rybread' Daniel (2-year old) and Leon Ridley (3-month old, definitely not named after video game character(s), who we call the potato-child). 

I had to come find this thread because I just taught the older kid how to say yes and am brimming with parental pride QuQ

He was making nondescript complainy noises at me so I was trying to figure out what he wanted, so I had the water pitcher over his cup and looked at him and asked ‘yes? more water? yes?’ and ye said 'ecsh’ so I poured it and congratulated him and he was like 'mo wada’

PROUDDDD

Also have Rybread's selfie collection: https://blademaster-banryu.tumblr.com/post/167504549428/and-now-a-small-collection-of-selfies-and-other

EDIT: let's do his first LP attempt as well: https://blademaster-banryu.tumblr.com/post/165973966260/part-2-whyyyyy

EDIT: also, my other kid

20171114_183833.jpg

Actually let's just post my parental tag from my tumblr it's got plenty of gold: https://blademaster-banryu.tumblr.com/tagged/Dragon-dad-things

I feel bad for not checking this sooner.  He looks so cute.  I'll have to check the links when I get a chance.

Est just turned 1, and she's the first baby I've know who said "yeah" before she said "no".  She says it all the time now.

I need to post a picture of Leo playing with "mommy", my (his) Celica Amiibo.  I have Alm, Celica, Robin, and Marth, and he loves playing with them, though Alm's Falchion broke.  I thought weapons didn't break in Echoes.

We got an Estpeon for Est for Christmas. @Nym @Anacybele @Res @Infinite Dreams

yJnQWm0.jpg?1

Est is really coming along.  She can stack her blocks 6 high, and she can build towers with Lego blocks.

Leo has really started liking to watch Hey Arnold, which I never would have expected for a kid born in 2014.  We got the DVDs a while back, and he discovered them somehow.

When I dropped Leo of at preschool today, another kid walked up to Leo and told his dad that Leo "was his friend", which was very cute.

On a more serious note, I'm coming to terms with the fact that I might not be having any more kids.  We get help from grandparents, but I don't know if they would still be willing to help watch a third, and juggling two kids with work can be tough enough.  I would love to be able to have four or five kids, but work demands too much of my time, and I'm already 31, without a realistic point where I would be able to devote time to additional children.  I love my kids, and I guess I'm just going to have to learn to be satisfied with my lot in life.