(Ch 12x: Stereotypical Horror Movie Psychopath) FE6 Hardmode Ironman - The IntSys Menace

Myrmidon Jim

BRANCH OF FATE  

8 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE MY PATH

• Route A (Lalum, Echidna)
    • Route B (Elphin, Bartre)
  2. 2. Saul = Crap

• Promote him anyway for S staves and light magic
    • Staff grind Lilina
    • Use prepromotes for staff utility

So, yeah. This is my first LP. What do I say? I've been playing FE for around a year now, though I've only played FE6-8 and FE13. I'm also new to the forums, though I've been lurking for a while. And... that's it, really. Best get to the LP.

cP2Yw11.png

Rules:
-Can't reset unless Roy dies
-If I fail to reach a gaiden, I may not reset to achieve it

[spoiler=Ch 1: Dawn of Travesty - Part 1]QnSrhVt.png
The only way to play.

gU4Fn6Q.pngMY4WMAq.png
Defeated and humbled, the Dragons disappeared from the realm. Mankind then began to rebuild and repopulate their newly won land. A millennium has passed since then...

grfASxm.png
...culture and civilization to the farthest reaches of the continent. In the west lies the Kingdom of Etruria, which is widely considered to possess the most refined culture in all of Elibe. The Kingdom of Bern, with its powerful military and logical, pragmatic people, is located on the other side of the continent in the east. These are the two most powerful nations in Elibe with the weaker nations situated between them. These smaller lands are... the Lycian League, whose numerous territories are independently ruled by a number of marquesses that are bound by a vow of allegiance; Ilia, where the people arduously till the frozen soil and many become mercenaries to earn money to survive; and Sacae, where various clans ride through the plains on horseback. Although there were occasional clashes between these nations, the majority of the people of Elibe lived in peace. That peace, however, was not to last...

bfT59JC.png6XV7eCq.png
That moment when you're told that this whole game is because you beat BBD.
Now, Bern is mounting a merciless invasion into Lycia. Pherae is a territory of Lycia known for its beauty and honorable lords. Pherae's Lord Roy was in Ostia, Lycia's largest territory, when the invasion began. He had been sent to study to become the next marquess of the Pherae territory.

ZiCA3qJ.png
Eliwood defies the laws of FE and goes on to survive for the whole game.
...has sent for Roy to return to lead Pherae's soldiers in defending against Bern.

lptkHZu.png
He gets a beard, she gets a beard, we all get beards!
At the same time Eliwood sent for Roy, Marquess Ostia's daughter Lilina was in Pherae visiting Eliwood, who is Marquess Ostia's long-time friend and confidant. Upon receiving his father's message, Roy hurries home, taking with him his vassals and Bors, a knight from Ostia who is responsible for Lilina's safety. The story begins when Roy reaches the outskirts of Pherae...

JONZL8b.png

Bandit: They've all hidden themselves inside the castle!

mRJ7xQK.png

Bandit: Hee hee hee... You were right when you said there wouldn't be many soldiers. They're all getting ready to defend against Bern!

3osZW0d.png
The damn ass is always right!

Damas: But reinforcements could be here any minute. All right, you curs, listen up! Kill everyone in the castle while we still got time! Then we can waltz outta here with all the loot!

88w1KC7.png

Bandit: Let's go ransack the villages and take everything they got!

JfNOJpK.png

BANDITS DESTROY VILLAGES

OH GOD
I NEVER KNEW
---
yWnLipB.png
Merlinus: We're under attack by bandits from Mount Bolm!
Eliwood: I understand. Thank you, Merlinus...
kL7gCXC.pngRBjy2hW.png

Eliwood: Lilina, you must hide yourself. This castle is going to become a war zone.

vviwjJ9.png

She joins at level 1 unpromoted, by the way. In Chapter 8.

Eliwood: Don't be absurd. I couldn't face Hector if something happened to you in my own castle.
Lilina: My father? But...
Eliwood: It's going to be all right. Roy should be here any moment, so we just need to hold our own until then. He'll drive off these dastards. Merlinus! Send a messenger to Roy to let him know the current situation! We need his help!
Merlinus: Y-yes, milord!
---
vEqqjqE.png
Roy: Why are you in such a hurry?
Lance: Lord Roy! Bandits have appeared and are attacking the castle as we speak!
st13ZwQ.png
Lance: He's inside, defending against the bandits' attack. But I don't know how long he can last with his illness...!
gsO8UQ3.pngmDxEAzA.png
Lance: She should be all right. She's with Lord Eliwood after all, but he can't last forever.

Assuming the best paladin in the game will become a victim to level one unpromoted bandits.

Roy: No... I shouldn't have let Lilina go to the castle before me.
gJEmbv9.pngvFZ3EwP.png

Roy: Yes, you're right. This is no time to despair. Very well. To arms then! Our target is the castle! We must rescue everyone!
---
QfUoCBS.pngaYgPtOT.pngHUyC7iV.png
GROWTHS: HP 80, Str 40, Skl 50, Spd 40, Lck 60, Def 25, Res 30, Total 320

Yes Roy, please do invest all your good growths in Skl and Lck. It's not like you need more Str/Spd/Def or anything.

You don't get to use his promoted version until The Neverending Dream, which just sucks. He's lagging behind for at least ten chapters, and gets insulting promotion gains for it. His 20/1 stats would be fine for literally anyone else at the same level, but he has those at what could potentially be the final chapter. I haven't played FE5 so I don't know how bad Leif is, but Roy is definitely one of the worst lords in the series.
wGP97vV.pngMAIgWvA.pngJ06oaWk.png
GROWTHS: HP 60, Str 25, Skl 20, Spd 25, Lck 20, Def 15, Res 20, Total 185

Your typical Jeigan. I swear that 14 Skl is a "fuck you" message from IntSys, because it just makes him better at stealing kills. For what it's worth, though, Marcus is otherwise pretty much what a Pure Jeigan should be. His Silver Lance is there to weaken stronger enemies like knights or wyvern riders.

Use until chapter 7, bench for Jerrot, who is better in every way that matters.

Also, Paladins have complete weapon triangle control, 8 move, and canto. Generals have lances, axes and 5 move. Balance, people.
qOt0g3m.pngWyNqWSX.pngL9nVLFZ.png
GROWTHS: HP 85, Str 45, Skl 40, Spd 45, Lck 40, Def 25, Res 10, Total 290

His higher Str puts him above Lance in Hard mode before Lance starts doubling. He regains his lead later on, and also has a bit more luck, if that matters to you.
Etdkuji.pngnkuPygk.pnglIAx3BZ.png
GROWTHS: HP 80, Str 40, Skl 45, Spd 50, Lck 35, Def 20, Res 15, Total 285

Lance is a faster, weaker Allen who is slightly more frail. He also has a 5% weaker growth total. Absolutely unacceptable game design.

He's better earlier on, but becomes inferior later on because Allen will eventually reach him in the speed department if you train him enough. He doesn't quite double at base on Hard, but once he does, he'll get his earlygame lead, and things will become slightly easier.

Also, nearly every potential paladin in this game starts off lance-oriented. The only people who don't are Noah (C swords, D lances) and Percival (A/A/C).
cKWdaAa.png9Susszf.pngMhWpmaE.png
GROWTHS: HP 90, Str 30, Skl 30, Spd 40, Lck 50, Def 35, Res 10, Total 285

This is the place where everything goes wrong. The problem here is so obvious I shouldn't need to spell it out, but I will anyway.

40% Speed. 50% Luck. 35% Defence.

That's ridiculous. Sure, it's nice and all, but an AK's main selling point is its bulk, not its speed. Nevertheless, this basically makes Bors the best AK in the game, because Wendy has no defence and Barth has no Speed or Luck to speak of. Does that make him good? No, because he has four move in a game full of huge maps, and starts off at level 1, but he can be good. His C rank in lances is also fairly good for this point in the game.
6GcIMbn.pngoOLcCgG.pngCdlAaL5.png
GROWTHS: HP 80, Str 40, Skl 50, Spd 40, Lck 40, Def 20, Res 10, Total 280

Okay. What. Just what. Remember, this is the archer. He has the worst bases in the group. He also has the worst growth total, save for Marcus. This means he's improving the least. Now remember that literally everyone else has 1-range, three people have horses, and that even Bors starts off with respectable stats in the areas that an AK needs good stats in, or at least has acceptable growths if they aren't good already. I thought archers were supposed to have some sort of redeeming feature like good offense to make up for their 2-range - I mean even Rebecca/Neimi can amount to something if you take the time to train them. Wolt literally can't do anything that other people can't do better. He has nice hair though.

Yeah. He's bested by everyone else right from the word go, and will remain so for the rest of the game. I'm not using him except for urgent kills that Marcus is too far away to handle.

tl;dr What is balance?

I'll get the next part up at some point, because it's too late now. Any advice for making these in general would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Myrmidon Jim

Yeah, I will definitely need luck. The RNG hasn't been working in my favour lately, except in levels. Guess it's more my fault for being reckless, though.

[spoiler=Ch 1: Dawn of Travesty - Part 2]
[spoiler=Chapter Map]kkurXNK.png

The first map is fairly straightforward, it's not too big in either dimension and there's a nice village you can visit to get 5000G. Not strictly necessary since you already start off with that, but it's not every day when you get to double your funds. It's not like Bors is doing anything else anyway, because he's got four move and the map has nothing but axe and bow users, so he has unreliable accuracy and (ironically) questionable durability to boot. Roy, Allen and Lance are the best units to use on this map due to their swords access, and Wolt can chip without retaliation as long as he doesn't attack an archer, which is helpful if you - for whatever reason - want to train him. The northern village can't actually be visited because it gets destroyed in the opening.

Lance tries to be useless this time though. The results are a mixed bag.

I don't have a screenshot of Damas' stats or weapons, so here's data from the Binding Blade section:
LV 5, HP 35, STR 13, SKL 8, SPD 8, LCK 1, DEF 5, RES 1, CON 11
Equip: Steel Axe

Damas is fairly threatening with his weapon, but the boon about his weapon choice is that he's very inaccurate (axes are inaccurate in general in this game) with it, and he will have trouble hitting the aforementioned sword users (or Marcus) if you attack him with them. He has no ranged weapon, so Wolt can attack him without fear of retaliation, if you're the kind of guy who likes to grind EXP (which I'm not, so I won't). He is also monumentally weighed down by 4 points, leaving him with a shabby 4 AS, so he's not even doubling Bors, who has at least 3. Generally, don't attack him on Player Phase unless you're called Marcus and you have full HP. If you're not using Marcus, Lance is generally the best character to use against the boss because he's the only unpromoted unit who is guaranteed to double the boss. If I'm not mistaken, Damas can OHKO base Roy, so he is generally not a good character to use against the boss unless he procs HP and defence at least once before fighting him.

I think that's all there is to say about the boss. Time to get into the gameplay.

wBtCDWi.pngjiNbe0G.png

Unless you charge in, there's not much combat in the first turn. I'll be taking it slowly with the formation on the right because around half of my units can get (close to being) 2HKO'd by the enemy fighters. It's not a good chance, and even less likely to happen if you're careful, but it can happen. Wolt is in front of Roy because he has 2-range, which, even for him, is useful, despite his awful stats.

iK8CuCo.png

Turn 1 ends, and Damas has something to say:

Damas: You can't take down a few pathetic knights?!

And so, Enemy Phase begins.

BLlEUEt.pngPweiS1k.png

Marcus has awful stats for a pre-promote, but they're great for this point in the game, so this will happen a lot. This game has True Hit IIRC, so that 34% is lower than you think. Just hope Marcus doesn't steal kills with that 5 crit of his.

CPCMRQw.png

CPCMRQw.png

d5XH953.gif

That was a 12.75% chance to hit, Lance. For shame. Yeah, he hits back, but still.

PLAYER PHASE

tBRYE95.png6xVFSdB.pngnwrbZng.png

Watch and learn, Lance. Watch and learn.

kkhgMCH.pngUAmYu1C.png

Even Wolt does something useful. The EXP could've gone to someone better, but it could be worse.

EKbxF2d.pngkX40CTp.pngNHPfVUs.png

There are two certanties in life. They are death, and flashy, redundant crits.

Esw7n7o.pngZyeYp6q.pngHem8ojw.png

LANCE
WATCH AND FUCKING LEARN

Uq5fKnM.png

Lance decides to cooperate and gets some EXP for the trouble. Bors moves along the southernmost part of the map to avoid trouble. And with that, it's...

ENEMY PHASE

noYBc6l.png

Nothing notable except for this. Roy is also attacked by a fighter, but he missed.

PLAYER PHASE

dB7xIde.png

Vlk1pBP.png

Marcus takes advantage of the fact that archers have no 1-range options. Bows would normally suck, but there are loads of fliers in general towards the end of the game, so they're actually fairly good. Shame none of the archers are good units.

TZW1ZLO.png

Lance finishes off and gets close to levelling up.

5XWXPDL.pngbgqnFmN.png

SEE
LANCE
IT'S CALLED DODGING

VXZh0P7.png

Roy finishes off and gets one step closer to being less useless.

dwgWUdH.png

It's enemy phase, and a single, determined brigand viciously smites Marcus upon the earth, bringing our death count to 1.

Just kidding, he totally missed. (I think)

One player phase later...

rASho5c.png

Lance finishes off the bandit and gets a good level; he needed both strength and speed there. Resistance is nice, but unnecessary this early on.

Marcus moves slightly further north to distract the enemies, while Bors...

Q53g0Ui.png

...visits the village! As long as the house has a red roof, you'll be able to get something from it. In some chapters, they could be destroyed, but I'm not sure if this one can.

Young woman: I know this isn't much... But please accept this money on behalf of all of us. Use it well!

rli9QV9.png

Current funds: 10000G

UvQfubJ.png

Gee, I wonder what happened that enemy phase.

TSwjdfm.png

Roy finishes the left brigand off on player phase to get a good level. Want more speed and defence though.

BAR3XhB.png

I'm going to skip a bit further ahead. Not much happened, but Allen and Lance got a couple more kills, and Allen got a level.

ffd4Qls.png

Defence?

This also happens:

m6UntTg.png

Face it, this was inevitable.

Money Man: If you don't have any, you won't be able to replace your broken weapons! And you can't fight without weapons!

It seems his line changed between versions, or at least I think it was. Wonder if it happened before he became a meme.

No, you don't get anything from these villages. There are some chapters where the little houses do give you items, but it's usually obvious that they do.

M7AbVEc.pngJ755EsG.png

Damas: You can't take down a few pathetic knights?!

I shouldn't have done this, but at this point I just wanted to end things quickly.

0mDCKX6.png

I pay for it during Enemy Phase. Marcus doesn't die, but he is left with 3 HP. I need to be more careful.

BXIe1FY.png

Well, fuck you too.

lhiRZcd.png

v9p016t.pngicTjDmI.png

And that's a vulnerary wasted. Damn.

Marcus then weakens the boss for one final time, and...

MQyn1tk.pngcymZuj5.pngjt6ziNj.png

Lance finally dodges, and gets a good level. He's pretty much redeemed himself at this point.

Roy seizes the throne, and it's time for the ending.

jTjDlwy.png

Eliwood: Roy, is that you?
Lilina:Roy!
Roy: I'm so glad to see you both! Thank goodness you're unharmed.

avO9xwr.png
Roy: Of course, Father. How is your health?

RtYF1un.png

Eliwood: But Roy, do you know why I called you back here?
Roy: I'm to take over your role by leading the soldiers of Pherae. We must join the rest of the Lycian Army to defend our people.
Eliwood: Exactly. As you know, Bern has commenced an invasion of Lycia. We are honorbound to follow the ancient vows of our allegiance. Lycia needs every lord's army, and we must oblige.
Roy: Of course.
Eliwood: I'm truly sorry to interrupt your studies and force you into this war,

tUEZUoh.png
Roy: Father...
Lilina: Lord Eliwood! I'll go with Roy! My father leads Lycia's largest army. And I'm certain my magic will be of help to Roy...
Eliwood: No, Lilina. You must return to Ostia.
Lilina: ...Why?
Eliwood: With Hector preparing for battle, there is no one sitting on the throne of Ostia. It must be an uneasy feeling for the people not to have a sitting lord. As the daughter of the marquess, you must take the throne until Hector returns. That will put the people at ease. Do you have any objections?
Lilina: ...No, my lord.

EjA3NJL.png

Tastes like FE1.

Eliwood: You are to meet them at the border to Bern. Merlinus will accompany you. He is knowledgable and experienced and should be of great help.
Roy: Thank you for everything, Father.
Eliwood: Don't worry, my son. I have absolute faith in you! Fight bravely, and show everyone who the next marquess of Pherae is!
Roy: Yes, Father!

cyhAgd8.png

Bors: You needn't ask, milady. I will accompany Lord Roy in his travels and protect him with my very life.
Lilina: Thank you, Bors.

Eliwood: Take care, Roy.
Roy: I will. You too, Lilina.

fs1LLCZ.png3AWjRqK.png

And so that's Chapter 1 done. Could've gone better, especially at the end, and I need to be more careful with the actions I take if this playthrough is going to go well. We get a healer next chapter, so that should give me some freedom. Some. Dieck is nice too.

EDIT: Images are back up and running.

Edited by Myrmidon Jim

I won't be including the entire script from here on out. It's too time consuming, and I don't know precisely how much time I have.

[spoiler=Ch 2: Obligatory FE1 Ripoff Chapter - Part 1]

EnSH8th.pngvgnrr51.pngFLGlrLz.png

The war had already started, but it wasn't completely chaotic. Great logic.

m71KlUU.png

Luckily for us, the princess is not in another castle. *shot*

IADSJbU.png

And here's Miredy. A godsend in this mode, and you get her in time for Arcadia. Her averages are some of the best out of everyone in the cast, she's a flier, and has 8 move after promotion.

It's called balance.

fulBB7q.pngbcWsWmE.png7qQuLIy.png

Sheesh, you nearly feel sorry for the guy, even if he is a throwaway boss, but then...

Z0htUHt.pngtmlvYQW.png

For fuck's sake.

gZhlNyR.png

Remember this for later on. And I mean much later on.

bkxznRN.pngizDmZWC.pngHG3GIKN.png

Don't worry so much. Some of your fighters have a decent chance of killing her with a single attack. Not like I'd let that happen, though.

3bWCiK4.pngffYL8F1.png

Religious cleric, because an athiest one is heresy.

iAvzaVC.png

Roy is a brains-over-brawn lord, but it doesn't make up for his mediocre stats for the entire game.

y99Ohog.pngMxeC3Gc.png

ffs Elen

But yeah, if you don't listen to Roy, you'll have no healers for 2.5 chapters. Be careful.

---Chapter start---

[spoiler=Ch 2 Map]

Rx9TVzX.png

The classic get from point A to point B chapter. Not much else to say.

EV76Tmf.pngsw667BK.pngllOpWPt.png

Ruud is a joke. Just throw an Armourslayer (or a Hammer, if you like dodgy hitrates) onto someone and watch the shit unfold. That Javelin only means ranged attackers like Wolt aren't safe, and even with WTA he isn't achieving anything resembling good hitrates with that lol64 hit. Like Damas, he gets terrain bonuses, but that isn't saving him from the 3x effectiveness weapons that are given to you this chapter. As long as you keep your frail units away, you'll have no problem with him whatsoever.

9o8KO2R.pngRsg2InJ.png3cyI8gO.pngaSLtFst.png

GROWTHS: HP 45, MAG 50, SKL 30, SPD 20, LCK 70, DEF 5, RES 60, TOTAL 280

Out of the three unpromoted healers, Elen has the most magic at the end. What is the cost? Elen is Jodel with luck. Which basically means she's getting one-shotted by 8-move WLs and doubled by anything that moves in Sacae. In fact, she's already one-shotted by a hand-axe fighter in the beginning. To her credit, though, her speed is passable until about midgame, what with that surprisingly decent base. She also has a fairly decent staff stat for her level.

Does that mean I'll use her? Ha ha ha, no. SPD and DEF are bad enough weaknesses on their own, but together? With only a 45% HP growth? And a base MAG of 1 to "make up" for it? Don't make me laugh. Even Clarine has a better base, and although she has similar durability, she's a bloody dodgetank who can support Rutger and Dieck for more avoid if you want her to. Saul loses in magic after promotion, but he is actually fairly fast and can take a hit from a WL with enough training. Her high magic stat doesn't even count for much because the recover staff exists, and there's also Apoc Niime for staff usage in general. Besides, that excess luck/resistance isn't going to protect her from criticals when she's dead.

I forgot to check Merlinus' stats, so I will get around to it next part.

fSG1jEO.png

The beginning formation. The right side of the map was reused in Lloyd's FFO, apparently. Pretty interesting.

UJu87cS.pnghSawRmd.png6c8u3pe.pngkPeThWe.png

Armourslayer get. They pretty much gave it to you to help handle the boss. I would normally send someone else, but Lance is doing well enough in stats already, I mean just look at the screens below:

FDJ1U7r.png4tiroRm.pngZdeQCLD.png

They literally grow up so fast.

LTte8Wy.png5QL658L.pngUadnmVq.png

Bors is fairly useful here as long as you keep him out of the range of too many fighters.

7r5eVg8.pngHXpqGoI.png7fwzx4E.png

Minor preparations. Can't afford to lose someone because of the weapon triangle.

ENEMY PHASE

blq8kkl.pngk6d2KGx.pngcGWlHbk.png

Bors fulfils his role as a Chipmor Knight.

BaXujpK.pngujWESAC.pngpGE7OLd.png

Lance even dodges now. I'm so proud.

L8Tyqbk.png

Oh damn

hW2hwyT.png

OH FUCK

Thankfully, nobody else attacks him.

PLAYER PHASE

kKMf3Ql.pngUM67gJT.png9oTaaTc.png

Oh look, one of the best earlygame units (Dieck), and one I've never managed to train up (Shanna).

iulTONP.pngmhoJ1uH.png

Let's check out our new units, then.

BOJjLjp.png1SKy8aq.pngUOR2Vfo.png952z37i.png

GROWTHS: HP 90, STR 40, SKL 40, SPD 30, LCK 35, DEF 20, RES 15, TOTAL 270

Dieck is pretty great from the start, really. 9 STR is the same as base Marcus, and it will see lots of improvement with that 40% growth. His SPD is high enough to let him double most of the remaining enemies on the map, but that 30% growth means it won't be too extraordinary later on. I've always used him in the past, but I won't be this time because I want to train Fir as well as Rutger in case I end up in Sacae, which is most of the time.

That C rank in swords allows him to use Killing Edges, but Rutger hogs them, so it's not too useful yet.

PvvA039.pnghQO7jFu.png6IB1Fkh.pngdKKSx0o.png

GROWTHS: HP 45, STR 30, SKL 55, SPD 60, LCK 60, DEF 10, RES 25, TOTAL 285

I've never managed to train her, so I can't say how useful she actually is other than her utility, but from the looks of it, she's best used as a dodgetank. After all, that 4 base STR and 30% growth isn't getting anyone anywhere. That 4 con means she will be taking massive speed penalties from anything other than a slim lance until after promotion. She can take a hit from a WL after being trained, so she isn't a one-hit dodgetank like Clarine, which is nice, and her resistance isn't too bad for a FK in FE6. But if you really want an offensive FK, just use Tate.

Hilariously, she ties Dieck and beats her colleagues in base DEF despite being a Lv 1, frail PK.

8wWY7UH.pngPZTAc8s.pngO7YRY8F.png38WchLA.png

GROWTHS: HP 75, STR 50, SKL 45, SPD 20, LCK 45, DEF 30, RES 5, TOTAL 270

Mage breakfast.

WfEwNEb.pngQdwTHZh.pngTx4tKmt.pngcnsN0tk.png

GROWTHS: HP 80, STR 30, SKL 30, SPD 35, LCK 30, DEF 40, RES 15, TOTAL 260

Despite having decent stats in the three most important areas (STR, SPD, DEF) he's still very mediocre. That said, he IS half decent, but he will also be surprisingly inaccurate after training.

XYLmFLv.png9XFudI2.png

Base Wolt actually does something significant, what the heck.

R25Q8eM.pngxEr7OFx.png

Didn't realise the risk I was taking here.

x6VJCOc.pngSqOpKrP.png

This is pretty amazing.

cNfoxr0.png

Roy pulled a Lance and got hit.

BD9WDb1.pnglVwcFEH.png

*insert drooling here*

ENEMY PHASE again, who knew.

MiwHC6C.pngIXtS7S9.pngTLS4sSq.png

Roy takes sweet revenge.

UKEjAr7.pngZ1vAVIV.png

Why do you even bother?

TULNzcN.png

Just look at this crap.
And it's crap I'm dealing with next update.

Edited by Myrmidon Jim

Pegasus Knights are awful in FE6:

• shitty con
  • awful base strength (even lower than defense in case of Thany - wtf!?)
  • awful weapon type

Tate with hard mode boosts is alright, I guess.

Tbh I only use Tate not go to Sacae because their chapters are much harder and I usually don't use Sue and Shin either except in emergency case.

Lot is a decent unit in the beginning. He tanks a bit and has at least enough speed to double soldiers and knights. But at the latest after chapter 8 he'll become useless. Still the best first tier axe user though.

Not using Dieck in the longrun isn't a problem, but he'll become the best axe user in the game because of his great con and skill. If he can use halberds he's pretty op.

Tate with hard mode boosts is alright, I guess.

Tbh I only use Tate not go to Sacae because their chapters are much harder and I usually don't use Sue and Shin either except in emergency case.

She is a good fighter if you give her a Body Ring and an A rank in swords (because Silver Swords have 8 weight), but that takes time and favouritism, and you shouldn't have to rely on statboosters to make a unit good. I'm not above using statboosters myself, but I generally don't unless there's a good reason. Besides, at that point you're better off just using someone else.

Lot is a decent unit in the beginning. He tanks a bit and has at least enough speed to double soldiers and knights. But at the latest after chapter 8 he'll become useless. Still the best first tier axe user though.

I think his speed growth makes him better at avoiding being doubled more than being doubled, really. He starts off with 4 DEF though, so he won't tank until his growth kicks in, unfortunately. He's also a bit lackluster in actual power, especially against knights, and he has low enough luck to make him being critted a real possibility. Still way better than Ward and Geese though. I mainly use Gonzales as my main axe user, but that's mainly because of his crit bonus as a Berserker. However, I probably won't use him this time, because he's insanely inaccurate in a playthrough where I don't want to just luck out of every situation.

Not using Dieck in the longrun isn't a problem, but he'll become the best axe user in the game because of his great con and skill. If he can use halberds he's pretty op.

Huh, I've never tried that. I usually use promoted Dieck for powerful, accurate 1-2 range. If I don't end up promoting one of the axe users, he's probably the next most likely option.

Never noticed that the map is partially reused in Lloyd's FFA. Interesting tidbit!

There are a few other maps that are partially reused in FE7. The majority of them are all in the first half of the game, though.

[spoiler=Ch 2: Obligatory FE1 Ripoff Chapter - Part 2]

SuOhRpp.png3gDwVsW.pngrIFIzVW.pngV4ydHjm.png

GROWTHS: HP 100, STR 0, SKL 50, SPD 50, LCK 100, DEF 20, RES 5, TOTAL 325

I would go into detail, but this should be enough: he needs to dodge a hundred attacks to level up once. He sucks and so does his hair style.

Does anyone know why Merlinus has a skill base/growth? It seems pointless given the fact he's never attacking.

XLBt8K6.pngsjvCkoL.png

Gee, I wonder what his next level up will be. Must be something great, right? His last two were, after all.

It's really bad.

JP0TlTB.png6P3TRYc.pngg1sGpz3.png

We're getting somewhere? I guess?

GjU6J8h.png

Hahahahah

No

9T3cs9t.png

Bought an Iron Sword/Javelin, another Iron Sword and an Iron Lance are in the convoy. Merlinus bought a backup Vulnerary.

YjG3o2F.pngom0djF1.png

They don't call him the dick for nothing.

(it's close enough okay)

tQtwe1H.pngd43ODW4.png

Nice surprise.

LrQhoCU.png

>30 less hit than an Iron Bow

Why IntSys

Why

Ward hangs out with Lot, Shanna goes back to left team, and it's ENEMY PHASE.

uuxBfPW.pngfQeU8Ma.pngZQ0duHx.pngwhyAMmy.pngT9ig2x5.png6RL834M.png

Can't touch this

qc0pG2r.png

PLAYER PHASE

Ndwxi3p.pngU89HxF6.pngxP3ReXC.png

Lance finishes off a fighter to get...

N9SfAeb.png

FUCK

rbuOtYk.png2ZIgaYZ.pngodhjzMV.png

Minor preparations. Rescuedropped Bors further on in the level so he can get some kills and levels.

46L1r66.pngNMyIXCx.pngm8HmFcg.pngYtvqgNK.png

Didn't actually expect Lot to hit twice, but doing so would have made things easier.

jvmFRTz.pngSpOOIPr.png

Dieck gets closer to being even more useful.

DYyy4Eu.pngG0N10zH.png

Got to hand it to him, that was pretty nice.

X44JRXd.png

Giving the Iron Sword from the convoy to Wolt to give to Roy. Despite being a relatively weak weapon even with effectiveness, it should still be saved - IIRC, you only get two in the entire game.

dABUQx4.png

End of turn formation.

ENEMY PHASE

GjkY9Ri.png52T4gOa.pngbpAR8De.pngD7Beg16.png

JESUS FUCKING FUCK WARD DODGED THE WORLD IS ENDIIIIIING

NzZEJIK.pngO8kfI5T.png

The space-time continuum has been saved. Also, Ward could have died. Just feel like pointing it out.

AVpLvhM.png

So close

aEXqT7x.pngE4D7QYn.pngf4Bb4oy.png

Bors kills an archer for a level. Sure, if that's what you want? At least you're slightly more accurate...

3ZyMqsD.png

What can possibly go wrong?

bW4FwHZ.png

8D3636w.gif

Lot finished the soldier off.

NsWqKrf.png

End of turn formation. Groups are beginning to merge.

ENEMY PHASE

Yzs3dIy.png4SnCuAp.pngkqvdb7C.pngXW1zDHg.png

is9xRlG.gifs3OxLvf.gif

On the topic of Manfred von Karma, anyone else think Gunter looks like him but in armour?

HE IS THE SAME PERSON

Somehow, that's it for Enemy Phase. FE6 is like that sometimes.

PLAYER PHASE

Ap8Bw5K.pngahzNSoh.png

As long as you keep him away from like four (five if you count staves) weapon types

He's fine

N1zG2ba.png

Formation n' shit

ENEMY PHASE

TxVZs0c.pngJGq4ZqD.png

The ultimate chip.

wRvsLf7.pngaA5WqIa.png

EEK NO 1% CRIT

Di4dCyi.png

Oh. Well. That's fine.

CSMCnLk.png

I swear he knows what I'm planning, otherwise he'd get a shit level up like the other units I happen to be using.

MZbte0w.pngpoXPv3k.png

Marcus chips, Roy...

E8WUSBU.png

For fuck's sake.

Remember, this is a 6-strength Roy. So this isn't even his worst.

Ux0vwfh.pnghSzPAQj.png

Roy attacks the fighter instead.

Pqlpuri.png

Damnit Dieck, stop being so good!

SKLosB5.png

Elen heals Dieck while Bors finishes the Mercenary off.

Skipping a turn ahead because there was literally no combat next turn except for a single fighter. I think Allen finished him off.

ENEMY PHASE

QcsYGH9.pngooA0mc1.png

Arsehole.

PLAYER PHASE

xSoRAr4.png

Allen chips the archer for a good level.

cLAEb73.png

Bors gets a level after Marcus weakens the archer. Is this Barth in disguise?

j3xIEvH.pnglTotjmQ.pngQki8ebF.pngA77bt08.png2fpFEnI.png

I WILL MAKE LOT GREAT

In all seriousness, I literally only did it for the level. Pretty nice, but he needs strength.

zPZ67FG.png

Wolt attacks the boss for the same reason and gets a glorified empty level up. Yeah, I'm not using him.

S5TFu9w.pngv3k12dG.pngqPGtli3.png

Lesson of the day.

YF2Cax5.png

>lol90exp

kJTvDRw.png

It's time to end this bullshit.

gaBUutl.png

Roy, being the intelligent, cunning lord he is, spews his name and heritage out to everyone he meets.

D1GSnx1.pngzH2jDM0.png

We are doomed, aren't we.

H4HI00A.png

Insert FE4-style BBQ here

YGSjTaz.png

Oh, nevermind then.

Ja4zz0u.png

So. Uh. Yeah. I'll be back with chapter 3 and stuff. See you then.

Edited by Myrmidon Jim

I think his speed growth makes him better at avoiding being doubled more than being doubled, really. He starts off with 4 DEF though, so he won't tank until his growth kicks in, unfortunately. He's also a bit lackluster in actual power, especially against knights, and he has low enough luck to make him being critted a real possibility. Still way better than Ward and Geese though. I mainly use Gonzales as my main axe user, but that's mainly because of his crit bonus as a Berserker. However, I probably won't use him this time, because he's insanely inaccurate in a playthrough where I don't want to just luck out of every situation.

Huh, I've never tried that. I usually use promoted Dieck for powerful, accurate 1-2 range. If I don't end up promoting one of the axe users, he's probably the next most likely option

I never ever use any first tier axe users in the longrun, because FE6 made axes and lances shitty for no reason (except it's horseslayer). When you tend to go to Sacae, there's one more reason not to use any locked axe users since most of the enemies are fast and dodgy swordusers. They're ok in Ilia, because the pegasus knights have mediocre AS.

Dieck with supports can have up to 100% hitrate with iron axes and >85% with hand axes. Same goes for Alance, if they support each other and with Roy/Wolt. However their con is lower than Dieck's.

I only use status boosts, if I'm convinced to use the unit till the end. Otherwise it'd be waste. Giving the boots to Lalum / Elphin is recommended (although I always give them to Miledy to catch up opponents with long range magic).

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Dieck with supports can have up to 100% hitrate with iron axes and >85% with hand axes. Same goes for Alance, if they support each other and with Roy/Wolt. However their con is lower than Dieck's.

Honestly, I may need to use him (Dieck) anyway, he's one of only two people who are actually getting good levels.

---

FE6 apparently has the inexplicable ability to make me like it and hate its metaphorical guts at the same time. As for screenshots, I merged some of them to fit the limit. I think that's fine, anyway.

[spoiler=Ch 3: Revenge of the Loldiers - Part 1]

GhR21if.pngrC2mlHN.pngbsZYmCQ.png

I like to think of Narshen as Richard Wellington's ancestor.

4HcQ8GP.pngZ3nlPJt.png

Meanwhile, in a mysteriously mysterious secret hideout of mystery...

cpkJzc1.pngMweoPR3.png03B7QyM.png

Zephiel isn't the king of Bern. He's the king of Burn. *shot*

9knNnAD.pngBMIRvwr.png

Is this seriously the little shit I had to protect in BBD?

o1h0pHz.pngrgCSHbY.png

Dear me, the bullshit I have to put up with sometimes...

zD6jh1U.png

What a travesty this all is.

d2NqN53.pngo3jx2Hn.pngt4vti0r.png7Kkxida.png

Chad is very reassuring.

XxvNgAy.png

Forgetting the fact that Hector is the second worst General in the game, counting Trial Map characters.

iHYxLvV.png

Five chapters later, he scolds Casshole for stealing.

CHAPTER START

[spoiler=Chapter Map]Da1k48y.png

Also fairly linear. Of note is that this chapter is the first one to have reinforcements, which are of course everyone's favourites, ambush Cavs. In Normal, you don't have to worry too much about charging in, but in Hard, that notion goes to hell, and in this run it took me ten turns to enter because of how strong the enemies are. We don't get to see the boss yet, because he is hiding in the mysteriously mysterious secret hideout of mystery, but that will be fixed later on. Who we do get to see is this:

O09Wyja.pngJIco4nr.pngmIocLt5.pngBZOFMzq.png

GROWTHS: HP 85, STR 50, SKL 50, SPD 80, LCK 60, DEF 25, RES 15, TOTAL 365

Chad would be fine if this were normal mode. However, this is Hard, so even with those growths, he is getting one-shotted by WLs later on. What makes his situation worse is that Thieves don't promote. Use until Chapter 8, bench for Astore, who can take a hit and has the same stealing potential in the long run. Normally it maaay be a good idea to bring him back for Arcadia, but what little utility thieves have there is ruined by a glitch that allows anyone to find an item, thief or not. Nevertheless, he has three chapters of exclusive steals/treasure (3, 6, 7) under his belt, so he's fairly important. Don't let him die.

---

sN3opqB.png

These soldiers can be really dangerous. Don't underestimate them.

l1lB62P.png

I actually thought Lance was going to a die for a second there, well until I saw the below screenshot happen anyway. What is durability anyway?

8jbSQ3x.png

This was positively surprising. Except for the fact it hit, but you can't have everything in life.

tg9LP46.pngIlrspPk.pngoTNp2BI.pngVeliT5l.png

Banana boy.

PLAYER PHASE

uTK1CuE.png

It's showtime. Lot does well against the two soldiers, but he'll need help against the archer.

x4ldoI5.png

I can just tell this update will go well.

It really doesn't.

p88gAIr.png

At least there's someone I can (usually) rely on.

JuIVtAr.png

End of turn formation.

ENEMY PHASE

U2SlrzY.png

Enemy phase gauntlet. I made a mistake on Lot 1 - I think he missed once in return. I can't say for certain because I no longer have that screenshot.

PLAYER PHASE

Rfv0sob.png

This action was more to make getting Lugh safer than to "improve" Wolt.

pdcTcX4.png

Over ~80 hitrate with an axe? This is a nice day.

xA5FsN2.png

I may look lucky here, but everything goes to hell later. Whose side is Anna on anyway?!

1upE8N7.png

One of the only decent levels.

bXV5ssR.png

It doesn't go well.

ULCPUOl.png

Lance can get killed if both soldiers hit him. Do they? Find out next time on The IntSys Menace!

Right, so, where were we?

ULCPUOl.png

Oh.

...Yeah.

I actually panicked here because I thought Ward would get doubled if he rescued Lance. Would he?

pgc8UV0.png0osYi5D.png

Actually, no. Ward finally proved to be a lifesaver, I mean what the fuck.

BtD3ZAY.png

Merlinus even has enough DEF to be used as a meatshield, which is nice. And with that, it's ENEMY PHASE.

hBpAGhF.png

dILrxE6.gif

PLAYER PHASE

KG4kDQ7.png

No, Marcus! Bad Marcus! Stop that!

j1O29Z5.pngG91h4Ii.png

This formation doesn't deserve a description.

One turn later...

56brg2f.pngGEqdVwL.png

No idea if this is the same enemy, but Roy gets a good level. Hopefully he'll take a bit more punishment now.

q9tx9WP.png

Formation for reference.

ENEMY PHASE

ObBMhMl.pngVfSEL1y.png

He hits the second time.

I think this is around the time when the boss room is revealed, but I'm too lazy to check, so I'll just put the convo here:

DdQRkOO.png

... ...

... ...

oimnJz6.pngyl5TNRi.png

Bad idea you have there, Wellington.

PLAYER PHASE

Time to (finally!) look at the boss:

BXAtO9s.pngtr61xwg.pngTmH0Hf9.png

Ruud with a stronger 1-range option. He's just as pathetic.

u2wAndF.pngIbtivo1.png

Lance hits a soldier and gets shit upon by Anna.

12XgMAk.png

No Allen, that bad influence you call your best friend isn't a good role model. Well, not now, at least.

JOzUxEB.png

Formation.

ENEMY PHASE

fyRJeXV.png

Who knows when this madness will ever end

f6SCoWU.png

PLAYER PHASE

BsZRIc6.png0mJ2itO.pnglwKMQ9s.png

Mend is Heal but better.

k4zDTTP.pnghIevJ4s.png

Dieck cooperates.

JsKQSTX.pngE5vQNkU.pngIDIV7P2.png7iqCFMt.png

This is both awesome and really irritating.

UkAiNKQ.png

Wow. You actually weakened him this time.

iJWshvn.png6akcbxr.png0um0HSg.png

For fuck's sake, what is it with everyone these days?

TMb9JfS.pngj91dClx.png

How do I dodge?

72w0mfL.pngMdQpekm.pngWh55UPO.png

Another crit? They're nice and all, but get them when they're useful...

q1MFtNZ.png0ccX6Z0.pngtvbdtR2.pngm9XSn8d.png

Chip.

One turn later...

4x258pW.pngNU5eqCR.png

It's turn fucking TEN, and I'm still at the entrance. You know what? That's it for this update. See you next time.

ALL ABARD THE LUGH HYPE TRAIN CHU CHUUUU

[spoiler=Ch 3: Revenge of the Loldiers - Part 2]

5njeEOv.png

Let's look at this fucker.

7H3EVQG.pngFzaM168.pngWTLZSeM.png4dHG28x.png

GROWTHS: HP 50, MGC 40, SKL 50, SPD 50, LCK 35, DEF 15, RES 30, TOTAL 270

Lugh is ridiculously overrated. I mean, just look at him. His bases are barely any better than bloody Wolt's, and they still don't cut it on Normal, let alone on Hard. On Hard, assuming you haven't been turtling to train him up, he gets one shotted by Chapter 5, and his durability isn't improving with those 50%/15% HP/DEF growths, or even with that decent 30% RES. His 40% MGC growth is unreliable as fuck, and even if it does cooperate, he'll be left with just average magic that isn't impressing anybody. Though that 50% SPD is admittedly good, he still isn't doubling much until after promotion, and Guiding Rings are arguably the most contested promotion item in this game. None of his support options are great units except from Miredy, and she has better things to do than tag along with a little shit.

However, he is probably your best option for a Sage, because he should still be able to deal lots of damage and double lots because enemies have low resistance. Besides, nobody is paying 10000G for an only slightly statistically superior uptight arsehole with even worse supports.

8zUEfqW.pngV53U3Kn.png6Ju02Dp.pngJLko8hE.png

XmguFwG.pngTqLJfKB.pngV2ed6Cv.pngqM3IdU0.png

It's really hard to tell whether I'm extremely lucky or extremely unlucky.

GvTVPEX.png

One turn later...

d6QILGd.pngguInP6v.png

It'd be useful to support them, but if they continue getting bad levels I won't use either.

Dl9tQNT.pngzBxUFlq.png

OEFUcZI.gif

8Mh7LPG.png8ScA9ko.pngvibLHgs.png

Ha ha ha. Very funny.

But seriously, I'm only in for trouble if I keep getting those levels.

USyfQ0B.pngYEW867M.png

Gotta go fast

nMaQdtR.pngCnUmZnB.pngFwTjHdN.pngnkSHlTP.pnguWDCgMQ.png

Ow! OW! Stop that, that hurt!

jHdPRuI.pngx8eDZSa.png63KfEpG.pnguXJAyax.png

They couldn't withstand the power of the low tier.

3tokzVj.png7VRtWmw.pngR61fwJa.png5d27G9F.png

I expected no less from you. Actually, I expected no more as well.

0NvbEca.png

Get out.

I0sQogx.pngzzyk3j6.pngzk233Lp.png

The characters who I don't plan to use in the long run are the only ones who dodge. Such is the law of FE.

DgM2lI4.pngMyxSRkD.png

Fuck my luck.

V65H1j2.pngUZdk0Z5.pngxtiAcxN.png

What kind of armour are these people wearing to survive two blows of the SL?!

swpKES4.pngv5IICDM.pngpdOAbUt.pngpupFkQi.pngKgPQHVE.png

Soon...

pKtBg5b.pngWUwrGLp.pngWUwrGLp.pngfm5k00t.png

This is both amazing and really fucking irritating.

Ko4RvTa.pngKTNkEuR.png

Why is Roy succeeding more than like 90% of the others?

ZI7lUAR.png0JuAQ4h.png

Bors: Service with a smile

mP4HUTX.pngP13FHqF.pngJTsiikq.png

One of the better levels, unfortunately.

6eBLwmr.png3xxfuAM.png

Roy has a WTD, and he's still beating nearly everyone else in terms of accuracy. Swords OP.

76G7NRX.png

11/10 best formation

f9m5Gi8.png

Pretty good if it hits

Pretty bad if it doesn't

38P7ndd.png1oui1Xu.png60Y73Jq.pngqSe8xKb.png

Bye.

PaQJOp2.png

This was your doing all along, wasn't it.

6M9O3Os.png

3000G is something, I guess.

7oLgMZV.png

AND IT ONLY TOOK 21 TURNS

MTMdwEJ.pngswIvgIY.png

Well, they're one letter away from burn, what did you expect.

9guhFQC.pngVkp58Tc.png

Next time, there are actually things to talk about. Surprising how short this update turned out to be.

Edited by Myrmidon Jim

OMG... your levels... OUCH!!!

I mean no one cares, if Bors or Wade get onestater... but if Alance have a subscription of garbage levels... then the next chapters could be really problematic.

Dieck and maybe Roy are the only decent units so far.

I wouldn't even say that your Dieck is really good. Still stuck with his base defense.

Hopefully Lugh and Rutger will shine.

Lugh is definitive the anima mage if you want to go to Sacae. (he's the best anyways)

Otherwise Lilina will be in practice to dodge twice against all the nomads.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Growths get better from here on out, so that's nice. Roy (and Dieck) is getting worse levels, so I'm not sure how long he'll remain decent. My last Roy was actually four points screwed in speed, and only really had extra STR/DEF to make up for it. Even with the bad levels, Lance was mostly average, so there's still hope for him.

[spoiler=Ch 4: I AM BETRAYAL - Part 1]

B19Qqe9.png

Why is it that everyone in FE7 who appears in this gets facial hair except for Eliwood and Karel?

w68VNVl.pngw241X50.png

Traitor No. 2

QP5Jyzm.png

ffs Clarine

LtANeiB.pngV85PVbH.png

Oh my god. It begins. Clarine's importance as a unit is arguable, but this is great.

C1jA7bb.pngFpdAgvF.pngPA5lqVR.png

Narcian is a very creative name. I never would've guessed it refers to him being narcissistic.

6f4KTlh.pngkLEB2cn.pngMKrwXx0.png

Triggered.

CGeErup.png

Slater has been sacrificed to the RNG goddess to improve my levels.

CHAPTER START

[spoiler=Chapter Map]

c7x9NRi.png

The first really interesting map in the game, IMO. You're encouraged to take it slow and defensive, because here, on Hard, if you charge in at the beginning, you're very likely to lose someone just because of enemy density. That said, after the mounts are gone, you won't be as pressured for a while, so you should take that as a cue to heal up and slowly (emphasis on slowly) make your way to the left. Roy can't recruit Clarine, so you may need to leave him out in the open for a turn to recruit her. Don't take too long, though, because Rutger and his posse will ambush spawn on you a couple of turns later, and Clarine is the only one who can recruit him. Don't leave a meatshield for him - NO ONE, not even Bors is reasonably likely to survive a double crit from him at this point. Though, if you do recruit him, it shouldn't take long to kill off his posse, and then you can just attack the boss from there. In my opinion, this is much better than False Friends, because there's no rain to kill the pace of the chapter. Let's take a look at Erik:

QjnWQ6B.png

The most challenging boss yet. He has good stats in the most important areas. However, his AS is never higher than 11, and he has low luck, so take that as you will. Rutger isn't as good a choice as he looks because the boss can just switch to his javelin to give him shaky hitrates. The Halberd is also very inaccurate on him even with his Javelin equipped, so you won't be achieving nice hitrates with it. The Rapier is fine, but the Javelin happens to cut into its effectiveness as well. Weakening him with Marcus is probably the best idea, and then you can kill him with whoever you want. He will last long with that 34 HP/10 DEF though.

---

bJ1ppGB.png

Door keys can only be used one and I'd rather use a thief, but it's handy.

1eJMhNz.png

It's vital that Bors does not encounter more than one enemy at a time if he has base speed, otherwise his arse will be handed to him pretty easily.

cwKSICA.png

Not much else to do.

jQ2kIJy.png

They'll be staying there for a few turns.

ENEMY PHASE

besZBfq.png

Lance defies the RNG.

My4ufXJ.png

Bors doesn't.

QBWRObB.png

I love it when a bow user misses a 70.

PLAYER PHASE

bY3YHl5.png0Bq3vdW.png1j6PKmN.pngMKVbagC.png

The obligatory chip.

lYLxT8R.png

FmrAmdW.jpg

14bmdsN.pngH8hUTTK.png

Better get a good level up this time.

EybTe91.png

The first of many.

5y5gzPJ.pngFIrDneP.png

ENEMY PHASE

T6wfvxP.png

This is fine, only one enemy (this one) can attack him.

8GmvRAo.pngeh1HSSi.png

I swear I've seen a Lyn crit sprite that moves like this.

---

foe86AR.pngsfxfKV9.png

Hey. Hey? HEY. HEY?

LAG5IKG.pngVdskGG2.png

Clarine is very friendly.

---

SmUOm3d.pngqouZjRb.png

Gee, I wonder how badly Lugh will do in terms of levels.

He gets three good level ups in a row.

YkUVfS1.png

Spot the mistake in this screenshot. I noticed it right after I moved the last unit. For fuck's sake.

QVl9uiV.pngQAw1cYZ.pngpYjyPzU.png

Meh.

QwaqCZE.pngp8oFGLX.pngZ7B7GcM.png

Can't argue with that.

F3rKCe2.png

Wait

what

Tl2ddHH.png

Ahh, fuck.

Cpn2NBD.pngYur9a4f.png

I think Merlinus is the only character who doesn't die if he reaches 0 HP. Lucky bastard.

---

08wB2OG.pngmLEEAQG.png

And so, Clarine is saved.

JC5uqeF.pngWIqC6S8.png

Clarine: I have to speak to that red-haired guy immediately!

---

ejv1qjy.png

Lugh is going to be so easy to train up, I can tell.

mdZMw49.pngsQFXYPt.pngsca1Zhe.png

Ward and Lot make themselves useful.

moIxUii.pngagNEimR.pngfhOjyHV.png

Good start, but it won't do in the future.

LTIAcUO.pngxaDNIJ6.png

I'm not worried about the Silver Lance at the moment, we get another one in Chapter 6 IIRC.

20hd4sr.pngdtiFSrw.png

I love it when this happens.

yWYEypW.pngIshxNXw.png

Expect to hear this a lot as well.

4ifBick.pngqHaIRkr.pngOFhURGC.png

The last thing Roy needs is skill, yet being the intelligent, cunning lord he is, he gets it and barely anything else anyway.

b0PJzbp.pngJlUQgsj.png

I think we might still be in business.

XhFUgmE.png

Finally getting somewhere.

---

zsSSuhR.png

Yeah, he does ambush you. Knowing that he will won't help you much when you don't know where from.

---

14H6nbc.pngCVkA4uq.png

How obnoxious can you get?

vvkq2ot.png

About time I had another healer. I won't talk about her until next update, though, because then all the new recruits will be in one place.

---

Il8jKG9.pngIl8jKG9.pngbgQEnba.png

Is this even an improvement from Normal?!

r9s1F1Q.png4aw7YB0.png

Dieck is murder.

eXTMlDZ.png

Rutger is murder too. And yeah, he spawned in Enemy Phase for maximum fun. Thanks IntSys.

QKNdFzT.png7asLGQP.png

PLAYER PHASE

nYgN1pH.pngE27tnoG.png

Yeah. Rutger isn't getting recruited for another turn. Also, if I attack the Cav at close range, the unit attacking will be in Rutger's range. One of the reasons I even trained Bors (who I'm benching after Ch 7 at the latest) up to this point was to give him a chance to survive two crits, but you can see how well that turned out. So, this is something I will have to handle next update. See you then.

Edited by Myrmidon Jim

Bob.

[spoiler=Ch 4: I AM BETRAYAL - Part 2]

65UBcqD.pngUAxFYYG.png

Dieck is one of the only people who can actually use this without a harsh AS loss.

ot93kJ9.pngpM9gnlx.png

Soon...

m5xwKkW.png

Glitchmation

Ig8yl2H.pngmaScaN9.pngM209JD6.pngPTTed9i.png

Sheesh, Rutger, calm down.

Bd7eYB6.pngQCfAJrk.pngcTeCiKf.png0QZZxpB.png

GROWTHS: HP 80, STR 30, SKL 60, SPD 50, LCK 30, DEF 20, RES 20, TOTAL 290

Rutger is a monster with or without HM bonuses. Just be wary of crits (against him, of course) and durability though.

jtKanYj.pngo6dSgwT.png9WZgnDi.pngdLk1OYT.png

GROWTHS: HP 40, MGC 30, SKL 40, SPD 50, LCK 65, DEF 10, RES 45, TOTAL 280

Clarine's worth as a unit is arguable, but she's a dodgetank in a game where dodgetanking is fairly reliable. Her flaw is her poor MGC and durability, which makes her one of the least potent healers in the game - heck, even Cecilia beats her in that department. SL WLs will one-shot her, but you can mitigate that with supports, which give her much-needed DEF and extra avoid. She is Lugh 2.0 when it comes to combat; she will be doubling more often but dealing less damage per hit.

jq3mw7h.png

Now you get Speed? Really? That proc would've been so much more useful if you got it earlier...

J8YnYDH.png

Got a couple of each.

dnLopNz.png

Lot gets a level. I asked for strength, so I'm not complaining.

GmNMmLj.pngymV4yxU.png

The Money Man is apparently omnipresent.

7Xp7qUx.pngpfeP8a6.png

Holy shit Lugh.

gaRdwEY.pnglkknowc.png

Dieck gets a far less inspiring level.

SoheTdw.png

Shanna's overwhelming might.

FDyBRsR.png

Got a couple of each Iron and a couple Javelins

Lmp3PiB.png

Stop stealing kills from the little ones!

KbWnzqn.png

Hooray for ambush reinforcements.

PemYHSN.png

I can see you don't want to take a SL to the face and live, then.

uUZQLlP.png3ucefnf.png

This guy wants to tank.

He doesn't want to get good levels, though.

u7kt1Qa.png

DIECK!!!

dZmWUzO.png

NOO

2KPayCr.png

AND SHE LIVED

WIA0SZY.png

He is not the one percent.

NNfSR0Y.png

ffs Roy

CBVYOj1.pngIa9ERl7.png

Formation

qvFslEQ.png8ajupwT.pngcraTh4K.pngUWzwF4N.png

This isn't going to take long, I can just tell.

kBqAWXd.pngigg9BLU.png9GQIxTf.pngmxDKgBr.pngfhkhha3.png

Lugh and Clarine get good levels.

QFGjq37.pngvCLYui7.png

What is a False Friends

9qrVu2T.pngcuOcUuO.png

Next time, bandit chapter 2.0.

Edited by Myrmidon Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I will not be able to update this as quickly as before, but I haven't forgotten about it.

This is the first chapter that managed to fit in one part. The end is upon us.

[spoiler=Ch 5: Manly Tears]

PEpkmjT.png

No!
That's not true!
That's impossible!

3pSXy2o.png

Stop following me around...

---

Let's look at the boss.

6Ot0NF8.png7euWPDm.png0eLHKic.png

Okay, so, Dory. Like most brigands, he has obscenely high HP and STR, but barely anything else. What makes him scary as a boss, though, is his Killer Axe. Never attack him head-on or allow him to equip his KA during enemy phase. You could lose someone very easily if you do. The safest way to get rid of him is to make him switch to his HA and let Rutger kill him quick, rescuing him and moving away if he doesn't kill him.

xUl81yi.pngH9JNCkG.pngrC3hot5.png

Actually, I failed twice. Merlinus I think died again, and Allen died in one of the failed runs. I didn't block the forts at the start of the chapter, and got surrounded later on for not doing so. Roy didn't take it well.

nXQOIKu.png

Formation.

MCnVaik.png

Two bad characters

rzXvoz9.png

Saul, the only decent light magic user. He's also the Sain before Sain who came after Sain. He is also the Sain after Sain who came before Sain, if you prefer that.

79lwemh.png

Look at this cocky fool

ikwZL85.pngD0SDwZ1.png

ZrtXP0c.pngI4xPuMe.png

Gee, congrats.

4eP48Xi.png

Anima + Fire, eh, may as well.

pSg1YzX.pngRU5jkEz.png

This is brilliant. Please continue.

elmpB60.png

This bandit just won't quit.

NnHZoYj.pngMWFzzFG.png

Goddamn it Rutger, you were MADE to crit. Not Dieck.

tZNozMm.png

This is scarier than it looks.

RIeo2lW.png

...Really?

KvJzxh0.png

Rutger finally crits.

...the guy that doesn't matter, anyway.

g0IyW00.png

This is shit.

I am shit.

PewRU5r.png

Hope this meatshield lasts as long as possible.

VyzI9VW.png

I'm fully convinced that Elen will die, so I handed her belongings over to Chad. She wasn't that useful anyway. Theoretically, I could've moved her to a safe spot, but that would put Chad in danger and I kind of want to obtain the items in Chapter 6/7.

This nearly bites me in the arse.

sy12rDS.png

Yeah. This is exactly what I didn't want.

9mY3mRW.pngGAvV2yB.png

Sigh... Here we go.

2CmQxTa.png

Heart attack count: 1

QMNux1F.png

Phew...

Ygshf9h.pngKVcFmCB.png

I'd appreciate it if you got strength.

Skipping a bit ahead, nothing interesting until later.

qOUfbjA.png

One-of-a-kind. Fairly nifty, but never going to see use on a PK.

QzwETC5.png

Um, thank you? Not sure if this is meant to help or if it's a "fuck you".

yzmGayd.png

This is scary.

bChDlx9.png

It's nice... you STILL need more STR/SPD/DEF though.

PMXep88.png

Look at that army of mercanaries...

eVDcPTv.png

Ev'ry challenge along the way

e2bO4aR.png

With courage I will face

SzZPXFe.pngECCxUl6.png

Lugh gets a mediocre level. In other news, Roy and Allen support for full bonuses. Keep in mind I will prioritise Lilina over Allen for supports if I decide to use her. That isn't impossible, considering Lugh's shoddy levels.

Y1MR4Mu.png

I love this part of the game. All of the bandits will go for Rutger, but pretty much none of them will hit.

OGr23uQ.png

Rutger benefits greatly from the slaughter.

1u1lbHi.png

>Rutger can't crit with a KE

>Roy crits with an Iron Sword

HFQOBIC.png

JtghTUd.gif

And so, manly tears of joy were shed...

(For the record, Lilina got two perfect levels in my last HM playthrough, and Fa got one as well. Never got them in any other FE except Awakening, though, where Cordelia seemed to hog them)

lUs7oo3.png

Lugh gets a much worse level. Come on, kid, I want to use you, but if you're never proccing Magic, there's no reason for me to.

kNBahB2.png

Marcus gets an even worse level, but he doesn't have good growths anyway so it's to be expected.

zyrrpew.png

It's okay, but only because you could do with more speed, and you have a 30% growth.

SwqkWqo.png

Watch and learn, Rutger.

pIKV5KO.png

I suppose everyone has their off-days.

0n6l8dy.png

Roy kills the boss. Please don't stop getting those levels.

HhmaZOv.png

Chapter 5 is done in 29 turns. I am the best at LTC.

0vnncLy.png

I have not heard of this newfangled Sain.

XZMsCe6.pngHGUFoji.png

Much prefer the name "Ensared" to "It's a Trap!"... That game was shit.

I will be back with Chapter 6 or something.

[spoiler=Deaths]Merlinus - 3

Roy - 2

Allen - 1

Red - Dead

Someone finally dies this chapter, after about like seven fake outs. To tell the truth, this was beginning to feel like a normal playthrough.

[spoiler=Ch 6: Bors for LVP]

1AVuxCU.png

Can someone tell me WHY a guy would hire an archer as their bodyguard?

ja0TcZB.png

And we've never heard of him until now?

sy0RSzp.png

Surprise surprise...

---

S2zaBz7.png

Cool cutscene, but fairly redundant.

---

oDEP71K.png

Preparations screen! The options are self-explanatory. You can buy weapons in some chapters, though I'm not sure which.

5XUKqdk.png

This is Bors' last chance to improve himself before Chapter 7, after which he's definitely getting benched.

5FFMr80.png

Most of the enemies you have to fight. You may encounter some more if you open the wrong doors. Or rather, if some Casshole does.

DncOo1C.png

NOTHING worth stealing?! Practically everything is worth stealing except for the Short Bow, and even that's useful!

(There is an Unlock staff in one of the northern rooms, but it probably isn't worth the trouble.)

e3VJKBn.png

"We"? I think you mean "I", Merlinus. You're benched.

---

Okay, before we start, I'd just like everyone to acknowledge the fact that we have a big fucking problem here. Just... the below screenshots should say everything.

aZ0t1FY.pngEKV4v4h.png

He's... a level NINE... Shaman... with 12 speed... and 9 magic... it's inconceivable...

He gets destroyed by Rutger, but he destroys anyone without speed. Just make sure no one else can attack your boss killer. Let's look at our new units:

nuZJ0AW.pngoxLZc2w.pngD2psZZa.png

GROWTHS: HP 60, Mag 40, Skl 45, Spd 45, Lck 15, Def 15, Res 50, Total 270

Saul is probably the best Bishop in the game, and your best bet for Aureola. He has high speed and good enough magic to have good staff range, and he starts off with a C rank in staves, which allows him to use Restore and Barrier staves right off the bat. He can take a hit unlike the other two healers, and the only stat he doesn't have that the other healers do is Luck, which can be fixed by a couple Goddess Icons. He's defintely not necessary though.

i4EedjR.pngp3oTPmE.pngBcvkq0d.png

GROWTHS: HP 85, STR 50, SKL 45, SPD 45, LCK 35, DEF 15, RES 15, Total 290

Dorothy is barely any better than Wolt, if at all. In fact, Wolt gets free chapters to improve himself in, Dorothy gets none. So, despite having a better growth total(?!), and having better stats in the better areas, she will never contribute more than him. And that just sucks.

I guess it's time to sta--

0h5hjfC.png

Oh, right. Yeah. You can recruit Sue with Roy. Alright, NOW's the time to start.

86vtzhM.png

tfw useful crit

96oShHt.png

Yeah, there are a shitload of lance users this chapter. Marcus is going further ahead to kill at least one of the mages, so Bors has an easier time training.

f0Btxli.png

Lance gets a mediocre level from the onslaught.

pr0FlsC.pngyafhKfR.png

Pick a god and pray.

ChSSEIT.pngQzBYObt.png

Sigh...

81IZ102.pngFMNmi5A.png

GROWTHS: HP 55, Str 30, Skl 55, Spd 65, Lck 50, Def 10, Res 15, Total 280

The first decent bow user. She isn't great, but she can wield Iron Bows and I think Silver Bows after promotion with no AS loss, and she only loses 1 AS from Killers in the end. So, her strength problems aren't as bad as, say, Shanna's. She can also support Shin fairly quickly for good boosts, get even higher avoid than Clarine without use of supports, and rescue drop a lot of people, though Shin is ultimately better at that. She has a D rank in bows, allowing her to use a Steel Bow right off the bat, which is helpful for Chapter 7, but she isn't the only one who can do that. She is also one of the characters who destroys Sacae. Unlike her overrated mother, she's actually worth something.

However, she has a very slow start, doesn't really have much avoid yet, and can only take one hit safely. I'll see how she turns out before deciding.

ptfrhGm.png

I would normally go for the eastern chests first, but I think the gold is more important if you're not arena abusing.

npLyY2K.pngqVGrEm0.pngTDqRgH8.png

Casshole is, without a doubt, one of the shittiest units in the game. So shitty, she actually competes with Sophia and Wendy for the shit crown. Holy shit.

Wait, what's that? You say she might be easy to recruit? Hahaha, no. To recruit her, you need to talk to her not once, not twice, but three times. So I can't rant about her until Chapter 12.

UfPpnhN.png

HE DOUBLES

s6J9qUi.png

Speed is nice, but why can't you gain Magic?

09v2IrW.png

Roy speaks to Casshole. Why yes, I am going to call her that from now on. Why do you ask?

eEjXytB.png

No, you don't get any warning about this. Enjoy the shitstorm.

SrzParp.png

This happened throughout the chapter, and it's probably going to get worse.

UQs2zlu.png

I combat the trollforcements with courage.

jebqYzD.png8vLdhXP.png

Nice to finally see Dieck get defence. Speaking of that, my army seems to be obsessed with it. Except for Bors, anyway.

bHRyMJi.png

Imagine how all these reinforcements would feel to a first time player. How could you, IntSys?

0VVFWPc.png

I suppose you could use more Speed, but try to get other stats.

KpR7qSr.png

ROY YOU IDIOT SANDWICHWADIPOOAFUHAFOIHDCP_AEJDO

Reset count: 3

QVS26L1.png1P3hKq9.png

Lugh, both Speed and Defence are great stats, but I want you to get Magic.

Allen gets a much better level up than before. I shtill wants Spid asdfsafisairohsa

1DQdZa7.pngZToLzND.png

The middle group chips and kills a few enemies.

KJzeJof.png

Everyone gets defence except for our own Knight. Of-fucking-course. Bors, you would make Chapter 7 so much easier if you got defence, you know that?

CQ74nAv.png

Beautiful...

P6pGIaF.png

Sue recruited... again...

YRitK7C.png

IT
BEGINS

Xv9CG9T.png

Insert rescue dropping shenanigans here

tpdyTZo.png

I let Marcus have a kill because convenience. He takes his reward with much gusto.

5j9Hfnp.png

My "epic" legion.

lCrJb5W.png

I love how these motherfuckers just ignore Cass.

QhvVv2I.png

I don't do this.

rMZJWso.png

CASS

YOU ASS

6jpMwl9.png

Chad's stuff. Both useful weapons.

LMwPgCY.pngVBmtXUp.png

PRAISE ELIMINE

YQ6jIM8.png

This bow exists solely to cause you trouble in the Sacae chapters if you haven't trained Miredy.

jCmNELk.png

Fair enough.

5dX9QyB.pngDE0hvzz.png

You just couldn't get anything else, could you. I'm not even mad, I'm just disappointed. Guess I'm using Saul.

ZShxxQP.pngKRJLKnY.png

Allen tortures Cath for EXP.

IaJj8t7.png

Dieck still gets Defence. Nice level.

UiFeoK3.png

I forgot you could even get one of these before the Sacae chapter where you fight Gel.

cdfxks6.png

Bors, you're not making things easier.

rih1ANt.png

Okay, that's it. I don't care how blessed you are. I've given you so many chances to proc Magic, and you're now two points below your average. Stop pretending to be Clarine and sit on that bench.

(Actually, I will probably bench him after Chapter 8 at the latest. He's still useful against some enemies in Chapter 7.)

RTLSidt.png7wWolbw.pngpRWwZxR.png

PLAYER PHASE

yMaTNJg.png

Stop teasing me and get that level.

lnxchQ1.png

This situation could be better, but it's manage--

4snpJ9w.png

Fuck my life.

ENEMY PHASE

I... actually don't have any screenshots of that particular EP. Here's a level montage instead.

LEVEL MONTAGE

jgiAQxU.pngx4x6g9c.pngI5gjtaJ.pngeBJT590.pngGO9s4lp.png

From left to right: Okay, good, bad, great, good. Chad's is helpful because it means he can steal Casshole's lockpick.

4L15Xzu.png

The one remaining reinforcement kills Clarine, and this time it isn't a fake out. Clarine is dead. Well. RIP Klein/Tate.

Body Count: 1

BT8cOQy.png

Okay.

KOVWWj2.png

Does Wagner have a boss quote? If he did, it didn't activate.

8xBtKs7.png

Oh no, what are you going to do now?

c3D4iQ2.png

Never used you before, but I guess I'll need to. I know your growths, so even though that is a good level for a healer, you can do better.

XAP00Mv.png

It's always the Casshole.

faodE5c.png

So you've finally arrived. You're too late, the castle has already been flooded.

eHEULC0.png

With Clarine's death, I leave Chapter 6 with a heavy heart. I'm still hopeful I can win, though. She's not exactly top tier material.

1vw2aVB.png

No, Roy. She's the hot granddaughter of one of the chieftains of Sacae.

UHmI4Nz.png

The Traitor Count is at 4 and it's still going strong.

R2kVf9y.png

Honestly, I hope she is. Right now, all I have is a low-budget banana mage who doesn't know what a magic stat is.

4eALtXG.png

I forget to screenshot saving the file because I'm an idiot, but I did save it. I'll be back next time with one of the hardest chapters in the game.

[spoiler=Graveyard]

Clarine - Died Chapter 6 (Ensnared)

Other deaths (Non Merlinus/Roy characters listed here have died, but before Roy himself did): Merlinus (3), Roy (3), Allen (1)

Roy can also recruit Klain. :]

I guess Clarine is somewhat to be expected to be the first victim. Better luck with Saul, although you might not want to make him into a combat unit. 2 Luck is still a thing and personally, I wouldn't want to lose my only (trained) healer in this game.

I'd probably still use Lugh despite his low Magic, but this is not a recommendation, I just have a huge bias and would drop an Energy RIng on him. ;) But since he can wield Elfire without penalties, the low magic only mostly screws him.

GL against those fucking wyverns!

Roy can also recruit Klain. :]

Huh? Really? Now I feel silly. It's also uncharacteristically forgiving for IntSys in this game, especially when compared to the aforementioned bullshit wyverns.

I guess Clarine is somewhat to be expected to be the first victim. Better luck with Saul, although you might not want to make him into a combat unit. 2 Luck is still a thing and personally, I wouldn't want to lose my only (trained) healer in this game.

That is a genuine problem Saul has, but he can probably deal with it better than most because he has 1-2 range and therefore doesn't always have to risk a counterattack. You can also give him a Goddess Icon if it comes to that.

I'd probably still use Lugh despite his low Magic, but this is not a recommendation, I just have a huge bias and would drop an Energy RIng on him. ;) But since he can wield Elfire without penalties, the low magic only mostly screws him.

Elfire only has 8 might in FE6, and even though enemies generally have worse resistance growths in this game, they get far more extra levels here than they do in FE7 and maybe 8 (they both stick to 5 IIRC because /toohard) so it's likely to be higher anyway. So, Lugh pretty much needs both Magic and Speed to do well before promotion. He's a bit like Lance in that respect, but without a lot of room for error in the beginning.

GL against those fucking wyverns!

Aw2jfqf.pnguUmZGee.png

Yeah... I think I'm going to need it. The wyverns (and the ambush reinforcements, to a lesser extent) are the real bosses of this chapter, IMO.

While I'm here, here are the deaths from my two failed Chapter 7 runs. I played through it the first time without a plan, which of course didn't go well. The second run did have a plan (which isn't as much a plan as "make random characters do random things and hope they survive") and it did go well, but Roy got hit by BS 30s during the one time I needed him to dodgetank. I'll be covering the specifics when I post Chapter 7's update (which will be either today or tomorrow), but if everything goes right, only Treck is expected to die, and that's before he gets recruited.

[spoiler=First failed run deaths]pZMUNJd.pnguPhCArA.pngwCVf1gi.pngmyhhGtz.pngGqxPEI8.pngAvAfDhz.png

[spoiler=Second failed run deaths]1hxJ85c.pngehxAdoK.pngbUaWc0x.png

Edited by Myrmidon Jim

I never could recruit Treck in this chapter in hard mode.

That means how bad this chapter is designed. It's rather stupid than challenging.

Way too many enemies with 1-2 weapons and the dracoknights have way too high base stats (mainly speed).

You can't kill the enemies and talk to the NPCs at the same time. The NPCs will do their own thing and do suicide.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

It's finally time. Oooooh boy. Let's see just how badly I do.

[spoiler=Ch 7: Lotty the Cavalier Slayer]
noFVtA0.pngWAsXnaX.png

I'll be taking her for a spin because Lugh doesn't seem to be doing so well. If she ends up shitty as well, I will choose the less shitty of the two.

---

Dg5rNvi.pngp3SlmZE.png

Rutger and Dieck will be handling most enemies on the left, because they're tanky enough to do it by themselves. Lot will try to Halberd any Lance cavaliers he comes across. Everyone else deals with the enemies on the right.

CtJiAii.png

Uh... yeah... about that...

w4FOtP0.png

You're a disgrace, Merlinus. Well, in this game, anyway.

t54HhFP.png

This again? Weren't the ones from Chapter 2 enough?

H1DAu1O.png

And thank Narga they are, because one of them will really help you out in the future.

GnwGkKQ.png

"probably"

CHAPTER START

Okay, let's take a look at the boss. Actually, no, he's so pathetic, I'm not even going to give him a description. Just look at this:

39m9eq0.pngTjYcCJV.pngMrs7CWo.pngOf9Vfqe.png

Debias is bested by his own soldiers. He's so bad, he even gives pretty much all the other Ruud-tier bosses a run for their money in sheer badness. He isn't the "boss" here. He's just the guy Legance hired to sit on a chair.

But, enough of that. Let's jump into one of the hardest chapters of FE6!

e7wdYXO.pngqz7QRXT.png

This is a completely untrained Shanna, so watching her fly around this level is like watching a scared bunny in a busy road.

CoR4TsZ.png

He's going to need it where he's going. Also, I nearly always give him one anyway, so there's no point in not giving him one now.

Xhp3qLv.pngyCfubwa.png

Calling it now, Rutger won't cap Speed.

wX7gDk9.png

I have two words for you. One of them is off.

vPJpYPM.png

These people join the action.

XKrchpk.png

This is as satisfying to see as it was in Chapter 4.

sLq2goc.png

JUST ENOUGH

B4z16dh.png

Did you just try to hit me, bro?

Ej6NDGR.pngMv1v98M.png

Roy goes full Zephiel on this poor mercenary.

OI2nrCX.pngeN7WeZH.pngng3Khr6.png

...My blood pressure...

MmLlxiu.pngjYe8Kwy.png

Okay, okay, I forgive you.

Roy recruited Noah, so let's take a look at him:

HMpK3W8.pngNpAWrCo.pngLS3UO7x.png

GROWTHS: HP 75, Str 30, Skl 45, Spd 30, Lck 40, Def 30, Res 10, Total 260

Noah is even more average than people like Lot are. He would normally make for a decent backup, but Percival exists. Even his 10 Con isn't that impressive compared to what the Cavalier Classics can do.

b9lLnDx.png

Wow, maybe he'll actually survive?

exto7q2.png

Of course not. He just suicides on the same mage who missed him in his phase.

Body Count: 2

kuyfhlK.png

Lugh and Dieck are the ultimate trolls. They seem to know what you're planning for them at any moment.

y6lkR9q.png

Rutger unleashes his inner ballerina. His girlfriend's life must be avenged!

1MR8ikE.png

Good enough.

2SLZiGd.png3AAJRRl.png

DOROTHY!

bWX50Hv.png

Shanna gains like 53 EXP from this kill alone.

jSxiNU6.png

Bleh.

0DPd0pJ.pngCI9EBP1.png

Holy shit Jerrot.

4S6Dgoi.png

The last thing you need is more skill.

kVnTMBG.pngcS5HvGd.png

Helpful enough items.

PQzvQe5.pngzECr3Ye.png

Thanks for the gem. Your reward is an arrow in your face.

wsLpbjl.png

Excellent.

ZOaPwJK.pngbR9pd9q.png

May as well be the same character.

QzU55fX.pngrr1fHEa.png

Jerrot gets recruited. Finally!

gtnQH7o.pnghYOIwPn.pnglEgyFC3.png

GROWTHS: HP 75, Str 25, Skl 20, Spd 20, Lck 15, Def 30, Res 15, Total 200

Jerrot is Marcus but better. Not much else to say in that regard.

iC5XyiG.png

Just like Lugh, this is too late, but it's more my fault for not giving you a chance.

p4kDwci.png

Goodbye forever, arsehole.

rFB97on.pngrl2O5iQ.png

Are they trolling?! These would've been so helpful to save Treck...

HwzDAFp.pngHTyc8YH.png

Good enough. Can't really complain about either.

odLtPe6.png

Funds after I sold a Red Gem.

pW11mzs.png

Gee, you don't say.

FhUGecw.png

Rutger's getting this, because he will make better use of it.

JJwsgQR.png

Insert epic 9v1 battle here

dw0rqJd.png

So, I picked the worst time to open the entrance. Damn...

2ovYFtD.pngS2j6EFC.pngHVQHyH4.png

This definitely doesn't look good, but it's under control.

5boIJOa.png4BIqRre.png

Formation.

r5LpVbs.png5LkZcS4.pngwqzlrRB.png

Lot gets Killer Axe access, not that it's too useful because I'll probably be benching him after Chapter 8.

jrqZQ3A.png0bQUvOc.png

The only reason Lot's level is so high is because he's doing this so often.

uJmCzYa.pngJnKvb3W.png

Both gets great levels. Shanna procced a 10% DEF growth while Bors couldn't proc a 35% once, what the heck.

5hx9Ez0.png8MJhZ33.pngLsmcCgT.png

Okay and useful, I guess.

OIJTGrr.pngW3wcfhp.png

Bad and okay. Not sure why I'm still hauling Allen around when I have Lance.

bCLN2No.png

Oh.

Well then.

0W6vjMR.png

Remember, guys. Always put Skill and Resistance before Strength and Defence.

3c6fZRG.png

HE MISSED

NOOO

kLIISc9.png

NOPENOPENOPE

j2dhFEf.pngDtuwMox.pngpBw4Hk2.png

See you next time in Chapter 8. I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't save Treck, but I'm not too pissed about that because I expected that from the beginning. He probably wouldn't have had a huge effect if I recruited him anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Total deaths will be up tomorrow.

That means how bad this chapter is designed. It's rather stupid than challenging.

tbh I still prefer this over HHM BBD because planning here will make the chapter a lot easier, whereas in BBD you don't really get a choice even if you bring your promoted mounted units.

Edited by Myrmidon Jim

I think you can save Treck somewhat reliably by rescue-dropping Roy a few tiles ahead on your first turn so he can instantly recruit Jerrot, who can then recruit Treck, who can then rescue Roy back to safety (and to recruit Noah).

Too late anyway (I missed your last post...), but yeah, Treck isn't the most impactful unit anyway. I always loved his stoner personality, though.

Great clear, though! I don't think I ever beat this chapter without having to restart, either...

ZOaPwJK.pngbR9pd9q.png

May as well be the same character.

I just checked Allen's averages and was surprised that yours is pretty close to them. HP is the only stat that's more than 1 point off - it's 1.1 below. ;) I guess I always underestimated Noah's base stats because I never bothered with him after seeing his growths (srsly, 30% Strength AND Speed? Fuck off)

HwzDAFp.png

Jesus, that's one tanky Rutger!

I've heard of that strat, but I didn't do it because Roy isn't invulnerable even with the Angelic Robe.

I try to be slightly more comedic than usual with this update. Apologies if gets irritating.

[spoiler=Ch 8: Teen Mage Vs. Teen Mage]

cQsnPFJ.pngdIM6jmG.png

For fuck's sake, Roy.

tEksrvr.png

I don't know, maybe he failed because he's an even-shittier-than-usual Ruud-tier boss who is actually weaker than his allies.

xogGsCr.png

Aye, one of those mercenaries were so skilled, they suicided on a mage they had no chance of killing, or even hitting, for that matter.

NYJLb8j.png

His soldiers aren't really that loyal to him anyway, because said archer doesn't even try if he can't kill her.

pxQTbEO.png

This guy is giving off huge Godot vibes. The only thing he really needs is a visor.

It's time for preparations. Let's look at the map:

[spoiler=Ch 8 Map]

UrOaLYV.png

This is a fairly long, but still very linear, map. As Leygance said, the enemies are arranged in a defensive formation, so charging in shouldn't be too hard as you won't get attacked by too many enemies at once like in Chapter 7. The chapter isn't really hard until the ambush reinforcements turn up, and even then, if you know how to use your characters, you should be able to survive the situation without a scratch. The really annoying part of the chapter is actually the boss. Let's take a look at him:

Wskz4CX.png

At first glance, he looks like your average Ruud-tier boss, but he's much more aggravating than that. Though he's not very accurate, his throne bonuses increase his avoid by 30(!), leaving him with an infuriating 60 Avoid. Even Rutger and Dieck aren't reliably hitting this guy. My Rutger has capped skill and the fairly accurate Armourslayer, but he's still barely achieving fucking 60 hit. That's just about the most accurate you can get against him, unless you arena abuse and promote someone with high skill. Thankfully, he doesn't have Debias' spear, meaning he isn't critting anyone with existing luck. But seriously, you should never have someone on a 30 avoid throne this early in the game. What were they thinking?

Dlrz8SQ.png

Finally.

I'll (hopefully) never have to put up with Bors again.

pmoSAuZ.png

This guy actually has good weaponry, and you should be cautious with him. You'll probably want that Chest Key, but there's another CK knight at the top of the map who is less risky to get near to.

bOHkZad.png

My starting formation. I'm going to give Shanna and Sue some levels because of their promising ones earlier on in the LP.

HZM0gf9.png
GROWTHS: HP 90, STR 35, SKL 40, SPD 50, LCK 15, DEF 20, RES 20, TOTAL 270

He has better defences and the same stealing potential as Chad in the long run, and that's all you really want on a thief, especially in this game. He can generally survive at least one hit except from things you don't need him to get attacked by in the first place. He'll be replacing Chad in this run.

CTZSRa1.png

GROWTHS: HP 45, MGC 75, SKL 20, SPD 35, LCK 50, DEF 10, RES 35, TOTAL 270

Lilina isn't usually that great, but she's probably your best backup for a Sage if Lugh doesn't turn out. If you're supporting your characters, she also improves Roy and can make Gonzales' hitrates slightly better if you use him. She can use up to Elfire/Aircalibur without AS penalty, and is generally what Lute would be if Lute wasn't weighed down by everything. I personally prefer her over Lugh, but Lugh is the better choice if you're going for a glass cannon.

FVjkMrh.png

Roy is controlling Lilina's actions from afar without even knowing.

rgge8l3.png

Astol can also dodge fairly well.

tI4DqIu.png

Bleh. It's not that they're bad, it's that none of those (except for Sue's, anyway) really have anything they need.

8PiNo0v.png

When you don't know who to support, go with the bros.

glaBuYQ.png

Seven chapters ago, I said pointless crits were inevitable. That claim is still going strong.

FEkfRcu.png

Holy shit, it's Robin in disguise!

KkVvAQc.pngMoIIxhP.png

"Big" damn "heroes".

bbNeEIq.pngTynm2E7.pngztZtHrC.png

Fun fact: my Bors got one rounded at full HP by an enemy mage in my first failed run of Chapter 7.

TX5ozQ0.png

Let's look at these meatshields.

SfHdrmv.png

GROWTHS: HP 100, STR 60, SKL 25, SPD 20, LCK 20, DEF 40, RES 2, TOTAL 267

Barth is what happens when you take Bors, give him better strength and defence, but strip him of all the redeeming "qualities" that Bors had. He's probably the easiest to train due to being one level away from promotion, but those 20% Spd and 2% Res growths are just unforgivable. He doesn't even cap HP!

Qrop8EO.png

GROWTHS: HP 85, STR 40, SKL 30, SPD 45, LCK 55, DEF 20, RES 15, TOTAL 290

Oujay is a faster Dieck you don't really need. He can't be used in the same ways, though, so be careful with him.

RZCUp2D.png

GROWTHS: HP 85, STR 40, SKL 40, SPD 40, LCK 45, DEF 35, RES 10, TOTAL 295

...Haha.

Ahaha.
AHAHAHAHA.

Worst character in the game. Apparently, some people say she's in the same league as Sophia, but Wendy here doesn't even have 5 move or constant 1~2 range. She doesn't get staff utility after promotion, either, so she can't support your team. She isn't worth it, and even without my desire to make everything seem as crap as possible, there's no way to not shit all over her. Her defence isn't even good for an AK; I'm fairly certain she gets one-rounded by the archer right outside her room in normal mode.

95TPyhU.png

While I was ranting, Anna decided to shit on Roy. What happened to him getting great levels?

K6wsgHE.png

Apparently, these enemies have no semblance of intelligence whatsoever.

FmYRvLk.png

Should've gone to Specsavers.

ezaFdBq.png

Give me strength.

No, seriously.

Please.

C076tre.png

10/10 best odds

8EtGJ3n.png

For fuck's sake, Jerrot, I made you equip the Javelin so you could weaken, not so you act like you still had the Silver Lance!

jx1FbvB.png

Sigh...

hdXUyPD.png3EnATZn.png

Allen smites the archer for a meh level.

xQAsGkF.png

Elibian Wars: The Casshole Strikes Back

yXwu1uJ.png

Fair enough.

Fq09oSk.pnggV7E2O6.png

This mage is very very dead.

RuhrUcY.pngBR3PyyZ.png

The LB is shit in this game. It's literally only good for 1~2 range chip.

kWRxprQ.png

Only one more talk conversation to go. Hooray.

7SGdNFC.png

About time you got Defence again.

yT1jOrm.png

Wow. I've finally found an enemy you can handle, Shanna.

K9GPcVn.pngFyAaBdW.png

mWSzM74.png

Formation.

51ICZ44.pngOu625rV.png

Mugging thieves. It's only chapter 8 and I've already got enough Lockpicks to last the entire game.

r3ky2EG.png

Here they come...

0evup9X.pngo0i7lf8.png

Lilina talks to Roy and gets a Thunder tome. Are there even any other talk conversations in the GBA series that gets you something?

PDIeDgC.png

Roy then proceeds to immediately talk to Lilina again. They support each other for yet another Atk boost.

N7bD7VO.png

Pretty much every Anima magic user in the game can use this without AS penalty, so Lugh being able to do it isn't that special.

W3NczIK.png

Memories of brain-dead stoners

trStcrr.png

And just like that, you've lost my interest.

YeIBn4Z.png

Nice to see that you're finally improving your luck. Don't forget Speed, though.

mLLoJke.png

The joys of underleveledness.

hyVvVPP.png

Looking back, I should've left more people.

WCnf3Sf.png

Good, bad, sort of bad, bad. Nice to see Lilina proc Speed on her first level.

rgM4puj.pngtc9oJ0w.png

RaO9QLx.jpg

3N9f10A.png

I guess this was inevitable.

j0Q2iId.png

Holy shit, I actually managed to use it for something.

bN6UYeA.png

Bad, good and good. That magic level means Lugh, in improving himself, is now 1.8 points below his average. Off to a good start!

JMohcze.png

They're kind of expensive, so thank Elimine for that.

BS47e3T.png

pJl7FfT.pngexzUDgs.png

That was a bit less troublesome than I expected. Oh, and Rutger gets a good level. His defence is now over 3 points above average. What the heck?

0m8R1Gi.png

Still too early to make decisions about the promo items. The other items are nice, if random.

vfyfCXw.png

Here's Lilina's stats so far. She's off to a good start with her speed, but I hope her defences get better. Right now, Lugh seems like the better choice, but only because he's blessed in Speed and Defence. Like the promo items, though, it's too early to decide.

MNwblMZ.png

Lot, despite his mediocre stats, has had a good run, and I doubt Chapter 7 would have went as it did if he didn't Halberd hit the Cavaliers. I'd say his contributions in that chapter were actually better than Allen's, and maybe equal to Lance's. However, using him past this point would only be detrimental because there's no chance of him getting a Hero Crest.

UZ1nhdy.png

I am the best at LTC.

JxDRZBP.png

Let's get out of here...

84vzarv.pngkSYb0Ss.pngLO1IwXG.pngLtPTcL5.png

See you next time with Chapter 8x!

Edited by Myrmidon Jim