Regarding the Data Transfer system in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn

Irony

So, I recently got myself a Nintendo Wii and a copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I still need to get myself a GameCube Controller so that I can play Path of Radiance, but I have some questions.

Do I need to get myself a SD card for my Wii so that I can transfer saved data from Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn? I'm thinking yes, as that means that I can save my Saved data from Path of Radiance onto the SD card?

I just want some clarification, as I know the feature is there, but I just don't know how it works.

Thank you. :)

So, I recently got myself a Nintendo Wii and a copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I still need to get myself a GameCube Controller so that I can play Path of Radiance, but I have some questions.

Do I need to get myself a SD card for my Wii so that I can transfer saved data from Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn? I'm thinking yes, as that means that I can save my Saved data from Path of Radiance onto the SD card?

I just want some clarification, as I know the feature is there, but I just don't know how it works.

Thank you. :)

Not an SD, you take the data off of the Memory Card in Slot A.

Not an SD, you take the data off of the Memory Card in Slot A.

Just make sure your memory card with POR data is pluged into your wii. Note that most copies of the US version of radient dawn glitch out if the POR save data contains a save on easy mode. (you can tell based on the serial number of your copy of RD. if it ends in zero, it glitches, it it ends on one, it does not, IIRC.) It's best to to play any file you plan to transfer on easy mode unless you know for sure that your RD disc does not contain the glitch. NOte that the japanese and european versions of RD never contain this glitch.

ONe more thing: there are some events in POR that trigger extra cutscenes in a second playthrough of RD, so you want to get those in POR (unless you plan to do a second POR playthrough before your second RD playthrough): Notably, you want to have ike kill the black knight during their dual, and give Ike and Soren an A support. (note that the "5 supports per charecter" limit is in full effect.

Coins are useless in POR, but give random bonuses to foraged weapons in RD.

I never owned a GameCube though, so I don't have a memory card? That's why I was wondering about the SD card. And I'm European, so I don't have to worry about the glitch, plus the copy I bought is a PAL version?

I do want to get Ike to kill the Black Knight, and I already ship Ike/Soren, so I would gladly get their A support. :)