Favorite / Well-written Supports

i tend to be asking for people's favorite things a lot

So as we all know, Fates has some pretty hit-or-miss support conversations, and it's easy to only focus on the more... lackluster ones. In order to combat that, I thought making a thread of people's favorite supports might be a good idea! "Favorite" supports could be supports that are very telling of a character's background, or just ones you found hilarious or incredibly entertaining. A few of mine are:

• Leo and Sakura's support was incredibly adorable. I especially liked how it didn't end in marriage, but rather the two of them taking the time to get to know each other more once they confirmed their feelings. It felt refreshing compared to all the BOOM MARRIAGE supports.
  • Mozu in general has awesome supports, but I liked hers with Takumi because she got to knock him down a peg. And in the end, Takumi ended up growing from it, too!
  • Odin and Kagerou's has been mentioned before and I was confused as to why but then I watched it and realized how utterly dumb yet adorable these two were together. I'm ashamed I didn't find out about them until recently!
  • OH OH Shiro's supports with the Kanas were both so incredibly cute. He pulls off the big brother shtick super well!
  • Peri's support with Laslow is the most we'll ever get from her, and it was long and actually fairly well-written IMO. I would prefer it not to end in marriage, simply because I like Lasnigo too much to marry him off to a psychopath (even if said psychopath's reasonings were explained).
  • F!Corrin and Kaden's supports were so sickly sweet i almost died
  • I was not expecting to like Kiragi and Forrest's support so much. The two played off each other well and it ended so sweetly!

I'll add more if I remember any, but let me know what you think! c:

I've said them before a lot but I'm too lazy to dig them up, so I'll leave my top five.

1) Ryoma x Elise

2) F!Corrin x Laslow

3) Azura x Laslow

4) Azura x Keaton

5) Odin x Kagerou

I'm also growing increasingly fond of Kiragi x F!Kana. It's really, really flipping adorable.

Also the top five doesn't necessarily mean what my "best written" top five are, just my favorites. I also really am growing fond of M!Corrin x Azura. I may have mine paired up with Oboro but I'm slowly opening up to the Hell of Azurrin I guess.

It may not be my favorite in the game, but I think it's worth mentioning Xander and Corrin's support, which is easily Corrin's best sibling support. I wish they'd all been of this quality, something that delves into Corrin and the other one's past and establishes a connection between the two.

Of course, it's much better in Revelation, because in Conquest his "now I'm wise and brave enough to stand up to Father" line makes no sense.

Edited by Thane

• Laslow/Orochi - Orochi's mischievousness works well with Laslow's "flirtatious" side. The support is relatively simple but it does not focus on the gimmick traits of either characters. Instead, they are written in a way where they seem to be legitimate, fleshed out characters and it works for the support chain that ends with both of them wanting to help the army have a moment of respite.
  • Odin/Kagero - Mostly for the reasons you put. I also like that this support gives Kagero a semblance of a personality, giving glimpse to a woman that can be rather excitable.
  • Laslow/Mozu - It, again, does not focus on Laslow drowning women with flirtations. They are very sparse and are endearingly playful. This support shows a more solemn side of Laslow, where he empathizes and sympathizes with a person who has lost all that she had in the same way that he has. The S-rank is very heart-warming as well.
  • Saizou/Mozu - A mostly fluffy support where Saizou is acting in a more friendly manner. One of my favorite supports for the S-rank, I also think that Mozu works well with Asugi's generic mother-child support.
  • Arthur/Azura - We are given a little bit of insight on Azura's childhood and it turns out to be very heart-warming.
  • Hinata/Felicia - Another support that does not mention a gimmick and it works for the best.
  • Ryoma/Mozu - One of my favorite Ryoma supports, I like that it gives Ryoma an image of being "for the troops," if that makes sense. Mozu actually tries to get stronger—and it shows because she is the KILLager.
  • Xander/Selena - It is a humorous support that demonstrates that even Xander, high prince of Nohr, can be a gullible dunce.
  • Arthur/Niles - Now, this support, in my opinion, was much stronger in the Japanese version. Arthur is shown to be a bit more shrewd and perceptive and we get some development for Niles. They are still my OTP, though.
  • Shiro/F!Kana - I think it's a cute support. And, yes, I do ship them together in a very innocent, fluffy manner.

These are my main ones.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Top 5 I guess

Beruka x Arthur: She actually laughs and acts like a real human being in their S support. It's absolutely adorable

Elise x Xander: "No Elise you're wrong", "Nope, I'm Wyvern Jesus", "Your kung foo is too powerful, teach me @_@"

Odin x Ophelia: ALL THE FEELS

Kana x Nina: Holy shit the feels

Leo x Takumi: The back of Leo's hand magically extracts bitch

Arthur x Effie

Kagero & Orochi

Laslow x Peri because he actually changes her for the better (just don't do other supports in the same run lol)

Kagero x Arthur

Saizo x Orochi

Takumi x Oboro

Generally my favorite ones

Gonna second Azura/Arthur here. I'm gonna be honest, I was kinda expecting it to just be a half-assed obligatory support between two people the developers assumed very few people would actually pair up together, but it turned out surprisingly sweet and I actually really liked it.

Niles x Azura

Any conversation involving Arthur

Beruka and Kana, I know they are exactly the same barring the color of the flowers in Kana's other mother supports, but dammit, this one feels rather heartfelt to me fsr

Corrin x Oboro

Elise and Camilla, I prolly shouldn't like this one, but I do

Corrin x Beruka

Conquest!Corrin x Azura, Never read the S Support tho, and never intend too, as I'm not a big fan of Azura

Kaze/Azura

Kaden/Felicia (reminds me of Henry/Olivia)

Shiro/Nina

Sakura/Leo

Velouria/Dwyer

Laslow/Selena

Leo/Xander

Soleil/Shigure

Fuga/M Corrin

liked most of Mozu/Arthur/Jakob's supports, and obviously every single Azama's conversation is gold

08b598ca58f7687f0c4ba9751e294b69.jpg

Edited by jonson

Off the top of my head:

Laslow/Peri

Arthur/Azura

M!Corrin/Nyx

Corrin (both genders)/Kaze

Xander/Charlotte

Velouria/her mother

Keaton/Kaden

Selkie/F!Kana

Midori/F!Kana

Shigure/Mitama

Velouria/Hisame

Hinata/Selena

F!Kana/her mother

Sakura/Saizo

Mozu/Saizo

Mozu/Silas

M!Corrin/Mozu

Kaden/Mozu

Keaton/Mozu

Kaze/Elise

Hana/Sakura

M!Corrin/Selena

Odin/Elise

Odin/Felicia

Odin/Hinata

Odin/Orochi

Mozu/Nyx

Peri/Hinata

Laslow/Azura

M!Corrin/Velouria (didn't get to S yet)

Midori/Kaze

M!Corrin/Ophelia

Ryoma/Sakura

Ryoma/Kagero

Oboro/Benny

These are in no particular order and I don't know if I could even rank them.

Kaze X F!Corrin I really like this one because it felt like it was one of the best written of the S supports and what girl doesn't want the guy they marry to say what Kaze does?

Xander X Corirn I only do up to the A support but like others have said it is the only sibling support I really liked and was just very well written

Jakob X Azura this my personal favorite support chain in Fates and I feel it is the only one where Jakob really loves the person

Orochi X Ryoma I loved the whole trying to get too stuffy person to relax a bit and laugh, it is my favorite support chain for Ryoma

Saizo X Rinkah i like this one because it just makes so much sense to me they really seem to understand each other

These are the ones I like the best, but I have not read/done all of them yet.

Also the top five doesn't necessarily mean what my "best written" top five are, just my favorites. I also really am growing fond of M!Corrin x Azura. I may have mine paired up with Oboro but I'm slowly opening up to the Hell of Azurrin I guess.

Yes, embrace the dark.

I'll try to limit mine to the top ten, otherwise I'd go on for a really long time. So, in no particular order:

Romantic:

M!Corrin/Azura (any route)

Ryoma/Elise

Leo/Sakura

Xander/Nyx

Laslow/any female (What? It's not cheating, he's really just that good)

Niles/Camilla

Odin/Orochi

Takumi/Oboro

Azama/Effie

Benny/Charlotte

Platonic:

Azura/any of her sisters (Also not cheating, they're all good)

Laslow/Xander

Laslow/Odin

Odin/Leo

Leo/Niles

Leo/Xander

M!Corrin/Fuga

M!Corrin/Shura

M!Corrin/Xander

M!Corrin/Leo

M!Corrin's Hoshidan brothers sadly don't really hold up to his Nohrian ones. I guess because he's getting to know them, while he's known his Nohrian brothers for a while, so the supports can explore their existing dynamic instead of establishing one.

I liked Takumi/Setsuna and Takumi/Camilla up to the A-support.

I also really liked the Takumi/Oboro support, as well as Laslow/Azura. Leo/Takumi was a good bro-support.

Also, the S-support between Azura and Leo was hilarious.

Odin/Hinata - It's a literal explanation of how Partner Seals work, and it's hilarious to boot.

Saizou/Sakura - It involves candy, and I think it makes a nice tie-in to Asugi.

Azama/Orochi - They deserve each other, even though Mitama suffers greatly because of it.

Azama/Mitama - The other good support from Azama, where he tries to be a father instead of a spineless troll.

Hisame/Sophie - No pickles, just a really nice cross-cultural support.

Midori/Kiragi - Too much cuteness!

Shigure/Soliel - I think more supports need to end on this note. Rather than a forced "marry me", it's a support where they don't get together NOW, but it has the potential to happen in the future. Or maybe they stay friends, who knows.

Keaton/Mozu - If a couple told me that their story was exactly like how these two met and fell in love, I'd believe them.

Niles/Beruka - Gives some insight into both of them, and the S support is fairly well done.

Jakob/Azura - Last but definitely not least, I liked this support so much that I shuffled my pairings just for them!

Doing PMU runs has forced me to see supports I wouldn't otherwise see, which is something I'm grateful for. It's given me a new appreciation for some characters.

Odin/Charlotte - I was actually rather surprised by how much I liked this one, given that I'd never used Charlotte at all beforehand and didn't really like her that much.

Odin/Ophelia - That A-support actually made me tear up a little. It's nice when you get to see a more genuine side of Odin.

So far my favorite supports are as follows:

Yukimura X F!Corrin - In my opinion this support flowed very well. If you don't want to S-Support him, his support also delves into Lady Mikoto more which is a plus to people that want it. It even continues in the Hoshidan Festival DLC with his son!

EffieXArthur - This support is so adorable I cry.

EliseXBenny - I see a lot of this support and I haven't done this support myself but I might do a run where it happens.

RhajatXKana - Any Kana really but the 'my mama makes me brush my teeth' line out of context gives me a giggle.

BennyXCharlotte - Benny asks the real questions!

Forrest X Rhajat - I ship this the most. Then again, I ship LibraXTharja so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Doing PMU runs has forced me to see supports I wouldn't otherwise see, which is something I'm grateful for. It's given me a new appreciation for some characters.

I'm sorry for the unrelated question, but I've seen it around here so much I just have to ask: What does PMU mean?

Anyways, I want to add M!Kana and Nina's support to the list! It only mentions her yaoi-fangirl gimmick very briefly in the C-support and the rest is dedicated to Kana trying to help her understand her relationship with her father. It's so sweet.

I'm sorry for the unrelated question, but I've seen it around here so much I just have to ask: What does PMU mean?

Anyways, I want to add M!Kana and Nina's support to the list! It only mentions her yaoi-fangirl gimmick very briefly in the C-support and the rest is dedicated to Kana trying to help her understand her relationship with her father. It's so sweet.

PMU means ''Pick my unit(s)'' Do you know what it is?

I love Subaki x Nyx. They are way better than SubakixSelena and HayatoxNyx

Here are just a few favorites:

Takumi&Hinoka

Takumi&Sakura

Kagero&Orochi

Leo&Takumi

Xander/Sakura

Leo&Niles

Leo&Elise

Niles&Nina

Azama/Effie

PMU stands for Pick My Units, and it's a type of challenge run where somebody invites other people to basically construct their team for them, and then they have to play through the game using only those characters.

Edited by Topaz Light

PMU stands for Pick My Units, and it's a type of challenge run where somebody invites other people to basically construct their team for them, and then they have to play through the game using only those characters.

PMU means ''Pick my unit(s)'' Do you know what it is?

Oh, okay, I get it now! Thank you guys so much for answering my question. Everyone in this forum is very polite ^^ Though you must have a lot of trust in the people answering to let them pick their units for them O:

(Also, I should really check out more of these supports)

Xander/Charlotte: I like Xander in supports like these where he doesn't get dragged down by the story. Charlotte meanwhile is at her best in this support as well.

Arthur/Beruka: A support that manages to be both funny and sweet. I like how Beruka is less robotic in this one and I thought the two had good chemistry throughout.

Siegbert/Shiro: The support shows the differences between the two princes very well, but it also presents them as good friends who don't have the same tension as their dads or uncles.

There are probably some more, but these where the ones I thought of first.