Character Customization confirmed for FE Mobile

Jave

Glad that there's a release date. I hope they implement a good Avatar character if they actually want to add it.

I find funny they describe FE as an IP with character customization since 1990.

Edit: also, idk if saying confirmed is appropriate since the documents on the image just describe what each series are but don't hint about the exact content of the game.

Edited by Quintessence

Judging by the description of Animal Crossing underneath it, it seems like this is more describing the fact that the FE series has had character customisation, not confirming that the mobile version will have it. Although, while I'm not sure this would be a confirmation, it does seem more likely given they specifically mentioned that aspect of recent games.

I've never been overly bothered by the other characters kissing up to the avatar, but I will agree with all of you that we need more Saizos and fewer Camillas when it come to interactions. I feel like making this new Avatar silent would be wasted potential though. I'm willing to think they might create a truly well-written player character someday.

Honestly, for a customizable protagonist, I think they should either be a silent protagonist, a protagonist whose dialogue is chosen by the player, or just axed in favor of a straight-up predefined main character. I like customizing things, but it just ends up feeling like a tease when the character you're customizing turns out to be just as much a predefined character as the rest of the cast when it comes to the plot.

That said, I really don't have much of an idea of what a mobile Fire Emblem game is even going to be like, so I have no idea what they're gonna do with this or how it's gonna factor into the complete game.

Edited by Topaz Light

If we should have yet another Avatar, it should be fully customizable; down to the attire, hair color, face, blood type like in Japanese FE7, everything, almost akin to making an MMO character, so we can truly make the Avatar our own. Maybe friends could form armies together with their Avatar units...

I've been hoping for an FE with customization to such extent for the Avatar since its debut in FE12. Surely it could work out better than the predefined Avatars we've had thus far.

• 3 weeks later...

Really it means we can give every a sweet hat, that's popular right? Hopefully if it gets a worldwide release and all countrys are up on the same day (Which I doubt (Fall isn't a date, it's a season, also know as autumn)) we won't all have to deal with the game only having Japanese (Even though I bet a lot of the people here have learnt it) But customization can be anything from an avatar to giving people a nice bracelet. It's more likely Avatar as this game I feel will be the simplist and hand holding to introduced a new audience to the series.

• 4 months later...

Eh cool. I saw it coming, avatar isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

I am going to be completely honest though, I am getting tired of all the bitching about Avatars. Yes, its annoying how much the avatar characters took up the story in the past two games, but can we stop acting like they are the personification of the devil himself? For fucks sake its a mobile phone game, like its story is going to be a AAA title that rivals the likes of Witcher or the stories of JRR Tolkein himself.