Dissidia NT: Vayne Carudas Solidor confirmed

Jedi

Hmm... male, a bad guy, and from the newer half of the FF series...

Well, the Shadow Lord (FFXI), Galenth Dysley (FFXIII), Lahabra (FFXIV), and Ardyn (FFXV) are my personal guesses (if I had to guess one villain for each FF that doesn't have a playable villain). Given how the first Dissidia picked its playable villain characters, those 4 fit the same kind of pattern.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/03/2018 at 4:56 AM, eclipse said:

Throw in Vayne, Caius and Cid (XIII), maybe.  But the latter's quite the long shot.

Well, looks like you named the right one, cause Vayne is the new character:

I always forget the guy is a pugilist. Don’t know why.

And I find it funny that people are complaining about him, calling him a forgettable villain. I mean, Cloud of Darkness and Exdeath weren’t exactly well know before the original Dissidia.

I'm surprised it isn't Arwyn. He seemed very, very well received and came from the newest game. 

Vayne on the other hand is a character I never, ever heard anyone talk about. His inclusion is all the weirder because FF12 already had another villain in the previous games. 

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm surprised it isn't Arwyn. He seemed very, very well received and came from the newest game. 

Vayne on the other hand is a character I never, ever heard anyone talk about. His inclusion is all the weirder because FF12 already had another villain in the previous games. 

Vayne was the Big Bad, so I'm surprised that people are surprised about this.

Ardyn probably won't be included until his DLC drops for FFXV, at earliest.

50 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Vayne was the Big Bad, so I'm surprised that people are surprised about this.

Ardyn probably won't be included until his DLC drops for FFXV, at earliest.

Thinking about it, Vayne was considered for the original Dissidia, so this shouldn’t come as a suprise. It would be interesting seeing him in the original , considering Vayne’s motivations in XII, I get the feeling Vayne would ally himself with Golbez to help the Warriors of Cosmos.

Also, here is the hints for the characters that will come after Vayne:

New male character (from older half)

New female character (from newer half)

New male character (from newer half)

Female character who previously appeared in Dissidia Final Fantasy series (from newer half)

27 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Thinking about it, Vayne was considered for the original Dissidia, so this shouldn’t come as a suprise. It would be interesting seeing him in the original , considering Vayne’s motivations in XII, I get the feeling Vayne would ally himself with Golbez to help the Warriors of Cosmos.

Also, here is the hints for the characters that will come after Vayne:

New male character (from older half)

New female character (from newer half)

Female character who previously appeared in Dissidia Final Fantasy series (from newer half)

Hmmm. . .

- Hey, let's get half of the cast~!  I'd love to see someone like Minwu, but that's a bit of far-off dreaming.  Maybe Galuf, so WoL will have to share his tanking duties.
- Paine or Serah have a good shot, though I have no idea how the latter would work.  Dunno where 7 or 8 stand, though.  Beatrix would be a hell of a surprise.
- If someone from FFXIII didn't get in here, I can see Snow or Noel doing so now.
- Uhhh. . .has Ultimecia been added yet?  It's either her or Tifa.
- THE AMOUNT OF IX REPRESENTATION IS A TRAVESTY, I DEMAND VIVI!  Or Steiner.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm. . .

- Hey, let's get half of the cast~!  I'd love to see someone like Minwu, but that's a bit of far-off dreaming.  Maybe Galuf, so WoL will have to share his tanking duties.
- Paine or Serah have a good shot, though I have no idea how the latter would work.  Dunno where 7 or 8 stand, though.  Beatrix would be a hell of a surprise.
- If someone from FFXIII didn't get in here, I can see Snow or Noel doing so now.
- Uhhh. . .has Ultimecia been added yet?  It's either her or Tifa.
- THE AMOUNT OF IX REPRESENTATION IS A TRAVESTY, I DEMAND VIVI!  Or Steiner.

-I’ve heard that Nomura really wanted Minwu, so I think he has a good chance. And interesting choice would be one of the Warriors of Darkness from FIII

-Vanille might have a good chance, considering Square toyed with the idea of making her main character of XIII instead of Lighting. Beatrix would really be a cool choice too. 

-Maybe a character from XI or XIV? They are sorely underrepresented.

-Ultimecia is in actually. There’s also Yuna and Prishe.

-And I also really want Vivi. And to differentiate him from other mage characters, they could make his fighting style based on the Spellblade abilities he had with Steiner, as in he summons elemental blades to attack, or maybe even elemental versions of other IX party members’ weapons. It would be funny to see an elemental fork or flute.

I... have no idea who Vayne is (tries to read up on him but gets even more lost). Since I'm not well versed in Final Fantasy XII, could someone give me some Final Fantasy I-VII analogies as to how high up the ladder Gabranth and Vayne are as villains? (Eg: Vayne is to Emperor Geshtal from FFVI as Gabranth is to Rubicante from FFIV). Even the Final Fantasy wiki doesn't give me a good enough idea as to how high up the villain ladder both of them are.

Cluelessness in regards to Vayne aside (well, as much as I can put it aside),  I agree with Etrurian Emperor with it being weird that they introduce another FFXII villain when Gabranth from Final Fantasy XII has been the representative FFXII villain in two Dissidia games. Speaking of Gabranth, I find it really curious that he's the only playable character in the original Dissidia who wasn't part of the base roster in Dissidia NT, and that they prioritized Kain being in the base game over Gabranth (and keep in mind, Final Fantasy IV is my most favourite mainstream game in the series, and Kain is from Final Fantasy IV). Then again, I'm clueless on Final Fantasy XII and the best representative villain for it.

In regards to the clues for upcoming DLC characters that Water Mage posted, I already posted some of my guesses for those clues, so I'll quote them below (remember, the text below was written before Vayne was revealed):

On 1/17/2018 at 6:08 PM, Randoman said:

For the new male character from an early Final Fantasy game, Minwu from Final Fantasy II would be my first guess, with Benjamin from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest being my 2nd guess. Nomura already mentioned wanting to put Minwu in the game, while for Benjamin, he is technically from an early Final Fantasy game, and with spinoff Final Fantasy games like Tactics and Type-0 getting representation, Mystic Quest is likely to follow suit. Plus, they did represent Benjamin and Final Fantasy Mystic Quest in the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy games rather recently.

As for the new female character from a recent Final Fantasy game, I feel like Serah from the Final Fantasy XIII games is likely that character. I mean, she is the lead of Final Fantasy XIII-2, and I can't really think of a more prevalent, recent character in the Final Fantasy series. Then again, with the "Final Fantasy XII getting a new character" news I heard a while back (and Square Enix potentially considering Final Fantasy XII to be recent), maybe it's Ashe or Fran?

For the returning female character from a recent Final Fantasy game, I really can't think of anyone for that except for Yuna and maybe Tifa? I suppose the PS4 remake of Final Fantasy X counts as a recent Final Fantasy game, so that makes Yuna fit the bill. As for Tifa, maybe they're counting the Final Fantasy VII Remake as a recent Final Fantasy game, even though it's not released yet.

As for the three new male characters from recent Final Fantasy games, I'm not really sure who those could be (especially with me not being particularly familiar with Final Fantasies XI and onward). I feel like one of them is Galenth Dysley from Final Fantasy XIII, based on the "antagonist(s) being added" news. Final Fantasy Dimensions likely counts as a recent Final Fantasy game, so with Sol being male and the lead character of that game and Square Enix representing Final Fantasy games outside of the main series in Dissidia NT, he might be likely. As for the last one, I'd probably be able to make good guesses if I knew how far back in the Final Fantasy series "recent" entails (that and my unfamiliarity with Final Fantasy games past X makes me practically clueless).