Dissidia NT: Vayne Carudas Solidor confirmed

Jedi

Speaking of new characters, Minwu has good chance of appearing.

But I wonder how a White Mage character would play.

And it's ironic and great that out of all White Mages if the series, they probably will pick the only male one. I love it.

Then again, Hope could be considered a White Mage.

It might play similarly to "Medic" Form Lightning giving herself Brave Points, but it may be for the party, also Minwu is known for the teleport and various other support skills he could potentially make copies of himself, maybe do Ultima or summon the spirits of the various heroes of 2 who didn't quite make it to the end. I heard Nomura himself wants Minwu so thats looking likely as when he wanted Kain in Duodecim it happened, actually he wanted him in the original Dissidia, which is why Cecil uses a spear instead of a sword.

I think characters like Aerith (I'm a huge fanboy of her) Garnet and such could potentially show up, heck Yuna didn't do any White Mage stuff in Duodecim whoops, but I guess she was more focused on being a summoner :P:

Honestly they could go tons of different directions with various characters.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played 4-8, and 10. I'd personally recommend all of them except 8.... not a huge fan of that one (It isn't the worst game in the world, but I much prefer others). And personally I somewhat disagree about 5 being the funnest, but in its defense, it is fine, but it feels a little clunky compared to Bravely Default (which has its own issues).

Back on topic, what character and stage do you think will be revealed next?

No clue regarding stages. I think each of the duodecim characters will return, so I will list ideas for extra characters. Maybe someone like Zach or Vincent? Or maybe Auron or Seymour? I am hesitant to say that, because I don't think they would have 4 or 5 characters from one game. And 13 only has one character rep, right? So maybe someone like Snow? And I said a few post ago, I think Nine from Type-0 and Noctis from 15 will have a shot of getting in

If it helps, every Final Fantasy has a completely different gameplay.

Not a single game plays similar to another. So one could say there's real starting point in the series.

That being said, 4 had the most simple gameplay, which is why many recommend it as a starting point.

Yeah this is also true, and much of why the fanbase is so torn, because all the games are so vastly different from one another.

Knew about this. It's the anti-Dragon Quest for a reason.

So looks like IVDS has gotten more priority within my backlog.

I have played 4-8, and 10. I'd personally recommend all of them except 8.... not a huge fan of that one (It isn't the worst game in the world, but I much prefer others). And personally I somewhat disagree about 5 being the funnest, but in its defense, it is fine, but it feels a little clunky compared to Bravely Default (which has its own issues).

8's just really weird, I know some people who like it that say its not really very Final Fantasy and that the name harms it, but I disagree seeing as most of the others are pretty one off as well. I generally thought it was alright, but its insanely easy to break if you know how to abuse its system haha.

Also really like the character designs and music in 8 in particular.

Edited by Jedi

8's just really weird, I know some people who like it that say its not really very Final Fantasy and that the name harms it, but I disagree seeing as most of the others are pretty one off as well. I generally thought it was alright, but its insanely easy to break if you know how to abuse its system haha.

Also really like the character designs and music in 8 in particular.

I feel like could be a game that would do well with a proper remake. And the character designs and music are good. I can't really say the same about the characters themselves. Also think Seifer is the worst character ever..... that being said, I actually wouldn't mind seeing him in Dissidia. Sure, he also has a gunblade. But I feel like they could differentiate him and Squall

I feel like could be a game that would do well with a proper remake. And the character designs and music are good. I can't really say the same about the characters themselves. Also think Seifer is the worst character ever..... that being said, I actually wouldn't mind seeing him in Dissidia. Sure, he also has a gunblade. But I feel like they could differentiate him and Squall

You'd be surprised at how many people wanted Seifer and Riona in Dissidia Duodecim and how many people actually like Seifer to the point where Laguna was a wild pick in comparison lol.

Characters are hit & miss for me, but I think they do the job.

Nah he gets a blue lightsaber like one though.

Not sure what you're referring to because I'm on mobile and can't see pictures...

But Squall has intermediate gunblades that are red.

I remember one that uses mesmerize blades to forge being red.

Not sure what you're referring to because I'm on mobile and can't see pictures...

But Squall has intermediate gunblades that are red.

I remember one that uses mesmerize blades to forge being red.

I actually forgot about his middle gunblade! Whoops.

I was referring to how the Lionheart Gunblade looks like a blue lightsaber in FF8 itself, although it looks more solid in Dissidia.

Yeah don't start with FF5 since your opinion of the rest will be naturally lowered by comparison of the best FF ever made.

Gilgamesh and the Big Bridge a man can dream, right?

It seems like we share some opinions eh?

Also, I'm on the train of 8 not being that much of a great game... I don't know why, but 7 and 8 (and to some extend, 3) were the games that I wasn't able to hit the sweetspot quite fondly as the others.

Edited by Drarky

So who does everyone want to see appear in particular? If I may ask

Also, I'm on the train of 8 not being that much of a great game... I don't know why, but 7 and 8 (and to some extend, 3) were the games that I wasn't able to hit the sweetspot quite fondly as the others.

No worries here, I'm just a weirdo who likes all of the games enough myself haha, huge fan of the franchise in general and much like with FE I don't dislike any of the games as much as I "like them less".

As far as new characters go, Edgar is the only one I can think of who isn't from a game that already has 3 reps. I go with Edgar because I imagine he'd have the most unique gameplay of the FFVI cast.

If that whole three characters thing was to be broken, I once heard an idea for Palom and Porom as an Ice Climbers kinda thing and I can't say I'd be against that.

As far as new characters go, Edgar is the only one I can think of who isn't from a game that already has 3 reps. I go with Edgar because I imagine he'd have the most unique gameplay of the FFVI cast.

If that whole three characters thing was to be broken, I once heard an idea for Palom and Porom as an Ice Climbers kinda thing and I can't say I'd be against that.

Edgar would be a pretty good choice, as would quite a number of FF6 characters, heck most of the games have some characters with some very interesting designs and abilities, very much unexplored in this type of game.

Well I'm not sure of anything right now because like, we still need to have all the Duodecim people to come back in their revamped styles, and then we'd have around...

32 characters (Counting the FF14 girl, Ramza and implying the old characters all come back), which leaves 18 slots if the "we want 50 characters at the end of this" is to be believed, one of which Nomura is pushing for Minwu.

The Cast for you who don't know who was in the previous Dissidia's

FF1: Warrior of Light, Garland

FF2: Firion, The Emperor

FF3: Onion Knight, Cloud of Darkness

FF4: Cecil, Kain, Golbez

FF5: Bartz, Exdeath, Gilgamesh

FF6: Terra, Kefka

FF7: Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth

FF8: Squall, Laguna, Ultimecia

FF9: Zidane, Kuja

FF10: Tidus, Yuna, Jecht

FF11: Shanotto, Prishe

FF12: Vaan, Gabranth

FF13: Lightning

Arcade currently has 18 right now, so we've got some time before we reach that quota.

Edited by Jedi

So who does everyone want to see appear in particular? If I may ask

This is not really an answer to your question, but more to add to it. Do you think that since a tactics character got it, that they will include characters from other non-main series (such as Crystal Chronicles..... I know nothing about that game)? Also, do you think they will include characters from sequels, such as 10-2 or 4: The After Years?

I'm hoping for Vivi.

I know that there are mage characters already, but they could do something different with Vivi. Maybe something based on Spellblade.

Vivi could summon elemental swords and maybe even the other characrers weapons!

Fire Daggers, Ice Lance and even a Thunder Fork!

in order to keep every game capped at three, these would be my five choices:

1. Caius

2. Serah

3. Ace

4. Garnet

5. Noctis

edit: man XIII has literally one character and no one seems to care

the anti-XIII bias is real

Edited by Enigmar

Veterans: Gilgamesh. He has one of the funniest gameplays back in 012.

Newcomers: I still want Vivi to be our definitive version of a Black Mage

in order to keep every game capped at three, these would be my five choices:

1. Caius

2. Serah

3. Ace

4. Garnet

5. Noctis

edit: man XIII has literally one character and no one seems to care

the anti-XIII bias is real

I said Snow. But I don't really know any characters from 13 because I haven't played it yet. Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

I made a list of picks the other day on the SFsmash Discord... lemme see if I can grab it

I can't really think of anything for 1 unless you want to be utterly goofy and have Princess Sara do something

2, Minwu
3. ???
4. Rubicante
5. Faris
6. Relm
7. Aerith
8. Selphie
9. Beatrix
10. Auron
12. Ashe
13. Snow

Edited by Jedi

Man can't believe I forgot about Vivi, I'd like to see him in too.

That one invisible NPC, let's go

Hahahaha Invisible NPC op, or we could just get a Warmech in there, Nuke for best attack.

Vivi is a good pick yeah haha, theres tons of peeps that could work honestly, even if they have similar abilities to others in the roster already, because SE/Team Ninja are pretty inventive.

I made a list of picks the other day on the SFsmash Discord... lemme see if I can grab it

I can't really think of anything for 1 unless you want to be utterly goofy and have Princess Sara do something

Honestly, I don't see Princess Sara as a goofy choice, she is sorta of a legacy character in the Final Fantasy series.

As for FF3, a Warrior of Darkness would be good choice for a character.

2, Minwu

3. ???

4. Rubicante

5. Faris

6. Relm

7. Aerith

8. Selphie

9. Beatrix

10. Auron

12. Ashe

13. Snow

Oh man, I love Rubicante and Faris.... Although I am not sure how they would differentiate Faris's style from Bartz's

Oh man, I love Rubicante and Faris.... Although I am not sure how they would differentiate Faris's style from Bartz's

I was thinking she'd use jobs he doesn't already, like Berserker etc, or just give her a Pirate themed moveset because why not.

Edited by Jedi