Dissidia NT: Vayne Carudas Solidor confirmed

Jedi

If theres someone else from FF5 that probably has a chance, i'm seeing Faris more because of her already existing popularity

maybe give her the abilities of classes Bartz didn't use like beastmaster, thief, red mage dual cast, time mage, bard, berserker and the like

and probably throw in the extra classes from the later versions(Necromancer, Cannoneer, Gladiator and Oracle) for more diversity from Bartz

Edited by Trisitei

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steiner or bust. WoL seems to be a tank character, and I think Steiner would be a huge help.

'sides, what's Garnet gonna do, pound someone's chest?

Steiner or bust. WoL seems to be a tank character, and I think Steiner would be a huge help.

Steiner would work really well too :P

WoL is pretty tanky yeah, part of his style is like a counter or block then strike back kind of deal.

Steiner would work really well too :P

WoL is pretty tanky yeah, part of his style is like a counter or block then strike back kind of deal.

WoL's EX skill screams tank. Not that it's a bad thing, but still.

WoL's EX skill screams tank. Not that it's a bad thing, but still.

Yeah it does, also curious who do you think you'd use out of the people shown so far?

Yeah it does, also curious who do you think you'd use out of the people shown so far?

After watching all the character videos. . .I want my Kuja. :(:

Still, Zidane looks like he'll get some use from me. Might have to figure out how to Cloud/Ramza, since both of them look about my speed.

May also throw Lightning into the mix. Everyone else is either too slow or is a mage that doesn't click with me (Kuja was the only exception, and I dunno why). If there's a fast mid-range character, I'd pick him/her up as well.

May also throw Lightning into the mix. Everyone else is either too slow or is a mage that doesn't click with me (Kuja was the only exception, and I dunno why). If there's a fast mid-range character, I'd pick him/her up as well.

Oh whoops I missed that post haha ^^; yeah I wouldn't worry about Kuja, he should show up in time.

There are many characters that look so fun to play, but I think I would probably stick to my 012 favorites:

-Barts: Favorite FF game and his new play style is oure gold.

-Kefka: Mad Mage, and my favorite villain.

-Warrior of the Light: The only real defensive character I like. I also love FF1

-Kain: Honestly, Dragoons are just cool. And he has one of the manliest VA

after watching videos, I think Onion Knight, Bartz, Squall, Vaan, Y'shtola, and Lightning would be my main choices.

also admittedly I've realized that these costumes are cool, but I typically prefer the main costumes for everyone but Y'shtola, Garland, and Lightning. Especially Terra and Bartz. I feel the Amano art works so much better.

So theres going to be a Japanese stream of Dissidia Arcade stuff in the near future (dno why I said tomorrow oops), usually when they do this its to show returning/new characters etc

Edited by Jedi

I know it's probably going to be a new female character but I'm really hoping for Gaius above anyone else. especially since I really want another XIV character

Ashe and Vanille are cool too though. Hope or Balthier if the new character is male.

If its a returning character i'm gonna guess they'll show Yuna, Tifa, Sephiroth or Kuja.

If its a new one, i'm not sure but maybe Minwu because Nomura really wants him in there.

I can't remember but I'm like 95% sure they said the reveal would be a brand new character

I assume that Minwu will come eventually since they once flat out confirmed that Mateus wasn't coming any time soon. Same with Cloud of Darkness.

Edited by Enigmar

I can't remember but I'm like 95% sure they said the reveal would be a brand new character

I assume that Minwu will come eventually since they once flat out confirmed that Mateus wasn't coming any time soon. Same with Cloud of Darkness.

Aha, thanks for that!

I'm excited to see who they pull out, because I adore the FF franchise as a whole so I'm sure it'll be pleasant.

I'm watching the tournament right now and I had stuff to say overall.

What I was saying in Discord

@Batter The Beast I'm watching two teams fight

and one of them is like
Terra, Firion & Tidus
the other is Lightning, Onion and Squall
Batter The Beast - Today at 1:10 AM
>no bartz or ramza

Jedi - Today at 1:11 AM
it looks like if you have Terra on your team
you have to cover her
like its a commitment
or she gets bodied
Batter The Beast - Today at 1:13 AM
oh are these like
serious players
Jedi - Today at 1:13 AM
I think so
Batter The Beast - Today at 1:13 AM
does this mean bartz and ramza are shit tier

Jedi - Today at 1:13 AM
Not sure honestly
I only have caught these 6
so far
Like Tidus isn't even getting to use his great movement that well
because the Terra player is being actively targeted now
Firion has to be like her bodyguard
haha
then again
the other team has Squall, Lightning & Onion
and as you know
their attacks are pretty damn fast
like Firion and Tidus instantly react if Squall gets anywhere close to her
lmao
Batter The Beast - Today at 1:17 AM
damn
Jedi - Today at 1:17 AM
and Squall finally broke through and won it for the team
Batter The Beast - Today at 1:17 AM
ayy
now pick bartz, please let him be good dammit
Jedi - Today at 1:18 AM
lets see the next round...
Semi finals
lets see
Terra, Cloud, Tidus vs Terra, Squall and Cecil
sure is... Terra in here
@Batter The Beast
Batter The Beast - Today at 1:22 AM
:/
Jedi - Today at 1:23 AM
I'd hate to have you and Ice have to guard me lmao
I'll probably be a more close range dood
i'm shocked Cecil is being used tbh
Oh btw Batter
Cecil can choose to start in DK or Pally
which is kinda cool
@Batter The Beast
sry to DISTRACT YOU
Batter The Beast - Today at 1:29 AM
oh thats neat
too bad im probably not gonna play cecil
Jedi - Today at 1:30 AM
In the stream chat
"Krescentwolf i heard ramza got nerfed... so thats why we arent seeing him much

David G Ramza's in the game, but he was recently nerfed so no representation for him this time around "
Welp
The stream chat is shouting for Terra nerfs haha
Looks like the finals will be the Lightning team from earlier
vs the Terra, Squall & Cecil team
Batter The Beast - Today at 1:35 AM
terra nerfs inc
Jedi - Today at 1:35 AM
haha Terra's VA is even there
thats amusing
LIGHTNING, SQUALL, AND ONION KNIGHT VS TERRA, SQUALL AND CECIL
tis the finals
Batter The Beast - Today at 1:42 AM
#nerfsquall
Jedi - Today at 1:42 AM
Oh man
Terra & Cecil causing disruption while Squall goes ham
lmao
both Squalls are locked in combat with each other
Batter The Beast - Today at 1:44 AM
hahaha
Jedi - Today at 1:44 AM
Lightning still has her magic/upclose mix
which looks pretty effective
so far everyones taken damage but Onion
Lightning team did lose a "stock"
because you have 3 lives per team

first victory goes to the Terra, Squall & Cecil team

The game is effing awesome to watch, I wanna play it more now. Also the victory goes to team rumblePlaza who used Terra, Squall & Cecil

And the announcement is...

Well we have new gods, Spritus and Mater... something I didn't catch it

00d68334c63e5027391b2dbe266dfc89.png

42d81d29c550686e4e4cf466f93b4804.png

I think this is a new mode announced? But i'm unsure.

30e66f41f110b8c2a40766d93c56c84e.png

I need a translator x.x

24d0b046cf3365809aa62b3bcceebbd4.png

4d71301ca9c860478a0fe15922a215d3.png

Ace from Type-0 confirmed.

a4490ea32b65c59cdbf3560267a554c5.png

I captured the short trailer myself

Credit to the stream and all that.
Edited by Jedi

Ace is cool I guess, but I'm pretty sure XI and XII are literally starving for attention right now

never actually played Type-0

I haven't either, also we still have like 16 new characters left to go if the whole 50 character roster is a thing, they pretty much confirmed all the Duodecim people are returning.

So the not-MC from the game that wasn't meant to be a Final Fantasy game is joining? Been wanting to get it for the gameplay (know the dub was extremely rushed and story was standard last-gen faire for SE- i.e. too convoluted for it's own good).

Looks cool. Glad it's not Machina.

So the not-MC from the game that wasn't meant to be a Final Fantasy game is joining? Been wanting to get it for the gameplay (know the dub was extremely rushed and story was standard last-gen faire for SE- i.e. too convoluted for it's own good).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Crono down the line now considering Trigger was originally going to be a Final Fantasy, but had its name changed during development.

But then again, 16 slots for tons of Final Fantasy games i'm sure some people want to see more games casts expanded on first after this, while it sounds like alot, its pretty small for FF haha.

Lets see... With Ace here now the roster will look like this when everyone is redesigned from Duodecim (because they did confirm everyone from Duodecim will be back eventually).

Warrior of Light & Garland for 1

Firion & The Emperor for 2

Onion Knight/Luneth & Cloud of Darkness for 3

Cecil, Kain & Golbez for 4

Bartz, Gilgamesh & Exdeath for 5

Terra & Kefka for 6

Cloud, Tifa & Sephiroth for 7

Squall, Laguna & Ultmecia for 8

Zidane & Kuja for 9

Tidus, Yuna & Jecht for 10

Shanatto & Prishe for 11

Vaan & Gabranth for 12

Lightning for 13

Y'shtola for 14

Ramza for Tactics

Ace for Type-0

So the real mystery is, who are those 16 other characters, they will likely be characters popular in the Japanese fandom and I know one of their major wants is Hope from 13, and we know Nomura wants Minwu from 2 in, which well he usually gets what he wants.

Also gonna go out on a limb and say that every game that only had 1 or 2 characters as of Duodecim's roster will be getting another character (aside from 1 & 3), just a hunch, so that'd give us newcomers from 2, 6, 9, 11 (maybe but not sure since its an online game, i'm impressed we have 2 from it already) 12, and 13 for sure if i'm right. There is also the question of other FF spinoffs like Crystal Chronicles and such.

Edited by Jedi

XIV and XI can easily get just as many characters as the other games.

XI has Aphmau, Lilisette, Shadow King, Lady Lilith, or Eald'narche.

XIV has Alphinaud, Thancred, Gaius, Lahabrea, and Minfilia.

I would certainly hope they don't get skipped just for being MMOs

As for the final list of newcomers, I'm expecting something along the lines of Sarah, Minwu, Xande, Locke, Zack, Vivi, Seymour, Eald'narche, Balthier, Hope, Caius, Y'shtola, Alphinaud, Gaius, Noctis, Ramza, and Ace. Not maybe that many or those characters exactly, but something along those lines

Ace's move set looks really cool.

I wonder if That Kid from Mobius FF would be included?

On one hand, he's technically WoL. On the other hand, he has more personality than WoL. Seems like some sort of alternate dimension thingy.

XIV and XI can easily get just as many characters as the other games.

XI has Aphmau, Lilisette, Shadow King, Lady Lilith, or Eald'narche.

XIV has Alphinaud, Thancred, Gaius, Lahabrea, and Minfilia.

I would certainly hope they don't get skipped just for being MMOs

As for the final list of newcomers, I'm expecting something along the lines of Sarah, Minwu, Xande, Locke, Zack, Vivi, Seymour, Eald'narche, Balthier, Hope, Caius, Y'shtola, Alphinaud, Gaius, Noctis, Ramza, and Ace. Not maybe that many or those characters exactly, but something along those lines

I believe Noctis will get in whenever FF15 finally launches, so in about another 10 years.

I don't really see Zack being a potential character (I know you said not exactly but I figured i'd address this) considering he and Cloud would fight pretty similar unless you decided to actually focus more on his DMW limits and or Angeals style of fighting, more barehanded, but it would still come off as similar to Cloud & Tifa. Something to note about Dissidia is that none of the characters currently in Arcade or in Duodecim for that matter, play anything remotely similar. I suppose arguments can be made that he'd still stand out, but also theres the question of Japanese character popularity that plays a pretty big role in all this as well, its kind of hard to exactly call who will be in the game at the end of the day.

For example since Ace is there now, I expect no Setzer at all because he also uses cards as his primary weapon, while there are multiple sword users they all have their own distinctive styles, I think if a character has enough of a stand out gimmick or fanbase, even similarities might be ignored though. Like while Onion Knight might have a Ninja form, we still lack a full on Ninja character surprisingly, and there are quite a few stand out weapons and gimmicks still to use.

Also I hope by "Everyone from Duodecim is playable" means that Aeris/Aerith is gonna be promoted to full character, probably not, but I can dream.

I don't think Zack is that great a choice. I was mainly just referring to how he could be passed as a Crisis Core character or something

i am slightly lowkey annoyed by the reveal cycle now that I think though. We're getting another character in November, but Ramza, Garland, Kefka, Kain, Ace, and ??? add up to six. This game has a grand total of 50 characters as their goal. If they keep to this pace, it could take half a decade for all of the 012 characters back. That's an insane amount of waiting.

Take Golbez for instance. Now that Kain is here, I highly doubt that Golbez will be added until most other games get at least 2 characters. I don't think anyone would actually expect Jecht before Yuna, or Kuja before Vivi, or even something like Gabranth before Basch/Vayne/Balthier/Ashe.

basically I'm glad everyone will be back, but characters like Jecht, the Emperor, and Golbez will probably be eternally screwed over by the development cycle

Edited by Enigmar