Dissidia NT: Vayne Carudas Solidor confirmed

Jedi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ίce said:

Can't wait! love that evo has this, and dbzf to play. really happy i'll be able to make it to evo this year :)

Did you manage to get to sign up for the DBFZ tourney? 

I know Dissidia is just a booth. Oh yeah this video launched a number of days ago 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ίce said:

Played dissidia today! It was one match but man that was fun. I used cloud. Gameplay was awesome. I love teams so much

How'd it feel compared to the PSP ones?

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! Jecht was among my top 5 best Dissidia characters back in the day (currently, I'm probably way out of shape in getting his combo timing right). He was one of those characters that I knew little to nothing about personality/origin wise, but he looked cool so I picked him up. Even back then, before I got his combos down, I found him quite easy to use and do well with, even if I couldn't maximize his damage from his brave attack combos.

From what I've seen and heard, Jecht no longer has the brave -> hp stuffs that made him insane up close in the PSP titles, but his new EX skill lets him cancel any of his moves, effectively turning him into an anime fighting game character. Oh, and his moveset does seem more versatile in general with the standard upwards and downwards attacks as opposed to just one main brave move.

Edited by Batter the Beast

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Noctis was a rather obvious choice, that being said, I'm actually quite glad he's in. His warp power is perfect for Dissidia's gameplay.

Yeah they did state multiple times he was gonna be in, they just wanted to wait for 15 to be out before they started making him.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, eclipse said:

1. What the hell is up with that dragon?
2. I like his English voice better FSR.  It feels more fitting.

Its a Shadow Dragon he summons vs Cecil and his party in one of their confrontations, before Rydia saves Cecil's butt haha.

So the dragon sorta acts as a buff early game, all his moves are amplified (more damage, more hits with respect to projectile wars, etc.) while the dragon is up, and it lasts until Golbez takes 1000 HP damage. Without the dragon, he's a mediocre Marksman, so his team needs to make sure to protect him from Assassins. When the dragon is up, his EX skill is Binding Cold, which is an AOE explosion that has a short startup and it can be charged. As far as people know right now, charging it just increases the range. It freezes the opponent in place, and no one knows the damage value yet. The EX skill has a lowish cooldown, so it can be used pretty liberally to do stuff like deny a summon core from an enemy or extend a teammates combo, for just a few ideas. When he loses the dragon, his EX skill goes on cooldown and the EX skill changes to summoning the dragon back up. Bahamut will probably be run on teams with Golbez a lot for this reason just to minimize dragon downtime. He seems like a Marksman who can reliably duel other Marksmen due to the speed of his projectiles and many of them gaining higher priority when he has the dragon up. In terms of his role in a team, other than Binding Cold, his capability to help lock down seems low compared to others like Terra with Meteor, Ultimecia with long multihitting moves, and Emperor with his literally everything. We haven't seen the rest of his HP attacks, and the the two we've seen look pretty standard. One is a wave attack that's kinda fast, the other is a quickish projectile that likely tears through other projectiles, helping his duelist role. Time will tell if this is actually right, I'm just making a prediction.

Oh and I see you neglected to mention another character that came out recently.

She's a Vanguard type, the first girl one at that. Her gimmick is that after 10 seconds, she gains access to stronger versions of any of her moves. It's similar to Terra's, but in exchange for a longer wait time, CoD can attack and be attacked and it will not affect the charge timer. She can also use the normal versions of her attacks while she has her charge up, letting her save the charge for an important move. She has a myriad of moves and boasts high range and damage on all of them, but many are slow to come out and her mobility is pretty bad. Her EX skill, Flood of Darkness, gives her access to nonstop charged attacks for 20 seconds w/ a 90 second cooldown, and 0-form particle beam becomes usable during the duration. 0-form costs the rest of the duration of Flood, and it's a beam that has about a 1 second startup and is a very long range beam with a bit of AOE. The beam is pretty much instant when it comes out, so it's pretty much impossible to react to if she's far enough away and you don't see her during the startup. All in all, she's a flexible character that has very good ranged attacks for a Vanguard, but is especially slow even when compared to other Vanguards.

Edited by Batter the Beast

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm very thorn on this game.

It looks great but the fact that it doesn't have a story has really soured me on the game as well.

Uh that's one of the main things they're advertising for the NT port.