Conquest Lunatic LTC

ruadath

Welcome to my LTC playthrough of Fates: Conquest on Lunatic difficulty. Rules for this playthrough are yet to be fully determined:

No DLC/Logbook/Amiibo/Spotpass whatever

No Forge/Lottery

No Path Bonuses/Renown Statboosters

Raider weapons allowed for Chapter 7

"Talk Boosts" allowed for Felicia for Chapters 7-9.

[spoiler=Turn Counts and Links to Videos]Prologue (2 turns)
Chapter 1 (4 turns)
Chapter 2 (3 turns)
Chapter 3 (4 turns)
Chapter 4 (5 turns)
Chapter 5 (4 turns)
Chapter 6 (2 turns)
Chapter 7 (4 turns)
Chapter 8 (3 turns)
Chapter 9 (3 turns)

Current turncount as of completing Chapter 9 is 34 turns. I expect the playthrough to take about 80 turns in total.

Chapter 7 in 4 turns

[spoiler=Preparations]Initial Gold: 3000
+1000 (sell Goddess Icon)
-3200 (purchase Partner Seal, Str Tonic, Mag Tonic, 2x Spd Tonic, 2x Def Tonic, Vulnerary)

Corrin x Felicia taken to S Rank
Corrin (Str Tonic, Spd Tonic, Def Tonic) gets Raider Katana, Vulnerary
Felicia (Partner Seal to Malig Knight)
Felicia (HP Tonic, Mag Tonic, Spd Tonic, Def Tonic) gets Disrobing Gale, Ember
Felicia "talk bonus" (+4 Mag, +4 Spd)

After a brief hiatus where I tried (unsuccessfully) to replicate my 3 turn clear of this chapter on Hard Mode (which requires extra crits due to the additional enemies in Lunatic Mode), this playthrough is back with Chapter 7 cleared in 4 turns! Note that while Felicia's Disrobing Gale is absolutely essential to the strategy, the Raider Katana wouldn't be necessary if I could rig Corrin to gain Spd procs on all his levels so far, or used the Speedwings/Dragon Herbs to "fix" his missed procs. I chose to use the Raider Katana instead since I am attempting to go without the bonus statboosters in this playthrough.

I also made some additional improvements to the recording process (again), so I think watching the video at 2x speed now makes it so that it runs at the same speed as actually gameplay. Let me know if this seems correct to you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this originally, but thanks to SSJDennis for helping me with some details regarding making the 4-turn strat more reliable.

Edited by ruadath

Chapter 8 in 3 turns

[spoiler=Preparations]Initial Gold: 800
+ (sell Heal staff)
-950 (purchase Fire tome, HP Tonic, Mag Tonic, Res Tonic)

Corrin x everyone taken to C rank

Corrin x Arthur taken to B rank (too cheap to buy Str Tonic lol)

Corrin (HP Tonic, Res Tonic)
Felicia (Mag Tonic) gets Fire
Felicia "talk bonus" (+4 Mag)

I messed up while recording and overwrote my bookmark, but thankfully the only thing you miss is Corrin moving north on the first turn. Pretty straightforward clear thanks to Felicia having Lunge; it would be even better if she could Lunge Flora but the game won't let you do that. Visiting the two houses (for 5000G) is pretty easy thanks to our large number of units and Elise having the Freeze staff, but I engage in some RNG abuse to ensure that Corrin can kill off most of the reinforcements from the house and get Dragon Fang.

Felicia continues to get Mag and Spd procs well beyond what I had planned to rig on her initial join chapter which is pretty funny; she's nailed 6 out of 7 procs on both stats, which is pretty insane, even though she has 50% growth rates in both stats. Didn't notice that she had a unique dialogue with Kilma (since I usually play with F!Corrin and Jakob) until now, but obviously it makes sense. She probably has one with Flora too, but it doesn't trigger on the Freeze. Like always, watch the video at 2x speed

Edited by ruadath

On Hard Mode, yes (I know you know this already since you helped me with it, sharing it for people who haven't seen this)

4G5DKxZ.png

On Lunatic, this clear is replicable, but you have problems that make it much more unreliable. First of all, there is an additional enemy in the SE corner, so Silas has to land 2 crits instead of one (he doesn't get to attack on turn 2 like in my video because the enemies will move west since Felicia aggroes the boss on turn 2), which makes a total of 3 crits (at like 2-3% chance each). In addition, no one has any chance to use a Vulnerary, so everything has to be dodged, and Felicia's bulk really sucks (she's 4HKOd with an HP Tonic and Def Tonic).

On HM I had the benefit of using Jakob with rigged Mag growths + Disrobing Gale (to make up for lost Spd), which was extremely helpful because it let me rig Mag+Def talk bonuses which made the faceless do like 1 damage so he had 100% survivability. Jakob's Mag growth is abysmal so that wouldn't work for Lunatic, not to mention I think even with Disrobing Gale and perfect growths he has problems ORKOing the paired up faceless duo (who don't exist in HM). Corrin also needs the Raider Axe, and both weapons have pretty shaky hit rates, so you have to worry about that too.

Overall, I suppose it is doable, (the odds are something like 1 in 5 million, after conditioning on some very unreliable levels up that you could rig for back in Chapter 2), but you would have trouble dealing with Kilma/Haitaka (Jakob needs to proc Mag on every single level, or you need to dodge his Nosferatu), and you miss out on Arthur and Effie which I anticipate causing problems in early game Lunatic (as you saw Arthur/Effie was super helpful in the last chapter, and I suspect they will be very useful in Chapter 9, even if only as pair up bots).

Edited by ruadath

Sadly, it seems as though a 3-turn clear of this chapter (that picks up the Rescue staff) may just barely be out of reach in terms of reliability. Here are the odds:

First of all, any 3 turn clear of this chapter, regardless of the difficulty mode, is going to involve running Azura up the eastern path, which requires 2 ~85% hit dodges (one on each EP).

Now on HM, you can reach the boss in 3 turns without any problems, but on Lunatic the Shrine Maiden gets in the way. So the only way to do this is to have Felicia Lunge into the middle room and counterkill Haitaka on the EP. Note that the 3 archers in the room can OHKO her. She can OHKO the first one when she lunges in, but the other 2 get to attack first on the EP. This wouldn't normally be a problem, but on Lunatic these guys have Underdog, so they pull roughly 80% and 70% hit rates on her respectively. Haitaka's attack gets Dual Guarded, but with WTD she has to connect 2 ~50% hits on him to kill him, and the same is true for the spear guy who moves onto the seize spot after Haitaka dies and attack again.

The western front of the map is surprisingly super reliable, and there are almost no problems there (Odin dies unless he gets a lucky dodge, but no one cares about that), and Niles gets to capture 2 spear fighters. This is what gave me hope that the clear would be possible since I was expecting this to be bad. The final front, then, is Corrin (along with Nyx) charging forward to meet Azura and get the Rescue staff. He draws the Enfeeble!Maiden to hit him and not Felicia, which is important, but unfortunately this leaves his durability vulnerable... and he faces 3 attacks on the EP. I can't seem to get him to survive without dodging an attack, even with the Def boost from using the Raider Naginata, a Def Tonic, and an HP Tonic... anyone have ideas about how to boost his durability (not involving Mess Hall)? I suppose I could take out the Visitation Seal... but I don't really want to do that... so add another 80% dodge here.

I'm too lazy to pull up all of the true hit (3RN/4) rates and calculate the total odds of the chapter, but I think this is roughly 1 in a million, maybe a bit worse. Doable, perhaps, but more importantly, Corrin doesn't dish out enough damage on the counter attacks (he's not doubling after getting Enfeebled, even with the Raider Naginata, unless I give him a Speedwings), so Arthur and Silas can't help him clear out his path so he can get to the Rescue staff, even if all that other stuff goes well, unless he procs a low% Dragon Fang.

Unless I figure out something to deal with that last issue(s) (maybe you guys can help?), I'm probably just going to settle for a reliable 4 turn clear. I might record a 3 turn clear separate from the playthrough with a promoted Corrin, which does a lot to fix the reliability issues with this playthrough and/or the 3 turn clear of HM (but the early promotion makes ORKOing Ryoma in Chapter 25 not an option).

Edited by ruadath

I'm really not certain what your cutoff on support grind/rewards use is so I'll just toss some things out.

Are you considering CH-Mozu a part of the run? Smashing that first would make this much more reliable and you seem to have the tools for a safe move limit clear there.

Cav!MU off of the friendship seal opens a lot of options.

If Elise is still in troub a freeze charge could bring that bossroom into the realm of satanic resets rather than "just no" depending on your lunge angle and gauge management it should be possible to expose felecia to 0 bow hits.

If you're charging the west front balls to the wall there should be enough movement for Niles to north path the rescue stave off a juggled high move unit with felecia + freeze opening the way (not 100% sure on this without the boots or move +1). Killing the mooks in time may require Niles dodging a spear or two on EP but that's not even a bad roll for him. Regardless as long as you can hit the move requirement it's a lot safer than trying to get Azura to do her damn job.

Edited by joshcja

Hey, thanks for the feedback! Regarding your suggestions:

1) Not getting Mozu

2) Yup, definitely reclassing into cav via the Friendship Seal. I need the extra movement, and Cav!Corrin>Wyvern!Corrin for the early game

3) Elise is still in Troubadour and I'm definitely using her Freeze charges... but for reasons that are hard to explain without a screenshot/a more detailed description of my strat it's not going to work. However...

I like your last idea a lot. I'm going to take a look at that. Not sure that it will work... but it might. I assumed that I have to recruit Nyx for this to work out, but I think your idea might work out if I abandon Nyx. EDIT: I think I might be a square short...

EDIT 2: I think I can actually make my original clear work out by pulling Corrin a square back to relative safety and having Silas bring Niles over to him... but that will be work for another day

Edited by ruadath

[spoiler=Preparations]
Corrin (Friendship Seal ot Cav)

Corrin (HP Tonic, Str Tonic, Spd Tonic, Def Tonic)
Felicia (HP Tonic, Mag Tonic, Spd Tonic, Def Tonic)
Felicia "talk bonus" (+4 Mag, +4 Spd)

Elise (HP Tonic)

Silas (Str Tonic, Spd Tonic)

Effie (HP Tonic, Def Tonic)

Niles (Str Tonic)

Woohoo, I did it! I'm too excited to do a full writeup at the moment, but I gave a list of Tonics above. Probability of success > 1/100,000! (its about 1 in 70,000 I think)

EDIT: For anyone insane enough to try this on console, SSJDennis suggests taking the following measures to reduce RNG abuse

1) don't do anything with Azura, but move Corrin forward like normal. He'll still draw the hit from Enfeeble, and you can grab the Rescue staff out of BR later with the knowledge that you could have gotten it with additional RNG abuse (and tbh most of the RNG abuse is in those dodges)

2) you can purchase Bowbreaker for Felicia to help her dodge the archers in the middle room.

That should increase the odds of the strat to somewhere around a single digit percentage chance of success (2 dodges at roughly 35% hit and 4 hits at about 60%), which can probably be done on console. You can also use the Disrobing Gale to make your Felicia's job easier.

Edited by ruadath

Any picks for the captured Spear Fighter's name? It defaulted to Yohei, but I can change it to whatever I want (well, from the bank of Hoshidan names that the game offers), so any suggestions/favorites?

Ok, the Chapter 9 clear in 3 turns is good. But it's really important for you to change the title of this thread as it's misleading to say it's a genuine LTC run on console with no tools.

You casually get +4 mag talk bonuses for Felicia as if it's an easy thing to do, use bonus items, RNG abuse things with "around" 1/70000 chance of success which is pretty horrific, and casually rig My Castle conversations for support points (what supports are you going for? Niles x Camilla would take several years on console). None of these things would help with an LTC run on console apart from bonus items, and using Felicia with Disrobing Gale requires RNG abuse anyway.

So yes, while you did a good job on this clear, and feel free to play as you want, but I honestly think that clearing Chapter 9 without all these things in more turns is much harder, since you rig misses and use bonus items and rig support points and get talk bonuses as you need them.

Edited by Horakthi

So yes, while you did a good job on this clear, and feel free to play as you want, but I honestly think that clearing Chapter 9 without all these things in more turns is much harder, since you rig misses and use bonus items and rig support points and get talk bonuses as you need them.

I changed the thread title. For what it's worth, the bonus items were only used in Chapter 7 in lieu of using the renown statboosters (which is what other LTCers have used on Lunatic) for a temporary rather than a permanent boost. The talk bonuses have also been only for Felicia during Chapters 7 through 9 and I won't need them beyond that (and in fact I didn't strictly need the bonus for either Chapter 8 or 9, it just dramatically improves reliability).

On a different note, do people want to see my clear of Chapter 10? I'm planning to get back to work on this soon, but it's a little bit annoying to record a chapter of that length, and obviously there won't be any ridiculous strategies going on there (the only RNG abuse will be to set up Camilla for a series on nice levels for the rest of the playthrough). Let me know if you you want to see what I do, otherwise I'll probably just play through the chapter and post another video starting with Chapter 11.

Just out of curiosity, you say you cleared Chapter 7 on Hard in 3 turns. Since Effie and Arthur don't turn up until the start of the 4th turn, does that mean they don't join your party if you clear the chapter in just 3 turns? Or do they join after the chapter or something?

Sorry, been focusing on getting Radiant Dawn's first annoying defense chapter planned out/recorded, so I haven't looked at this for a while

Just out of curiosity, you say you cleared Chapter 7 on Hard in 3 turns. Since Effie and Arthur don't turn up until the start of the 4th turn, does that mean they don't join your party if you clear the chapter in just 3 turns? Or do they join after the chapter or something?

Yeah, it's pretty amusing to be honest. Elise and Silas have the normal conversation were they talk about Elise running ahead of her retainers, and then once you clear the chapter they just forget about Effie and Arthur and they don't join you. It's much more fun having them join this time around, so I'm happy taking the extra turn.

I'd rather you post it as the run feels more complete with it there if nothing else.

Yeah, I was feeling the same way. I'm probably going to do it, but it might take a little bit longer to get up. Shouldn't be longer than by the end of next week though (hopefully sooner)