Multiple Accounts from Same Address

Rezzy

If the spouse of a SF member wants to post, should he make his own account or just post on the current member's account? I know many sites haves rules about having multiple accounts from the same IP address and such.

From the Serenes Forest Code of Conduct:

"Multiple accounts are forbidden and grounds for a ban" (art. 4).
"If you have a friend, relative, or acquaintance on the same network as you, you must notify the staff. Otherwise you risk being mistakenly banned" (art. 4 §1).
So to answer your question, a spouse can have their own account, as long as the staff is notified that there are two accounts on the same network.

What about if I often access the site from a university network? I have no idea who else might be using the same network, and what they might be doing.

We don't ban people just because we notice them on the same network (excluding cases where we're certain they're alts). If something like that came up you would be contacted.

Edited by Tangerine

What about if I often access the site from a university network? I have no idea who else might be using the same network, and what they might be doing.

I use this site almost exclusively from my university network and I haven't had any problems.