Sun and Moon Competitive Discussion

ZoesMad

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74829892?page=8

So far...

I have to say about the Battle Tree is that it is ****sh**.

It's not the same anymore after getting 10 wins in it. Taunt is the name of the game for stalling sets. Be warned that the AI will read you like a book and counter you after getting enough wins. Guess won't get to battle Ash and Gary. -.-

Still...no way to get far enough yet for the super league. At the moment.

Edited by PuffPuff

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74829892?page=8

So far...

I have to say about the Battle Tree is that it is ****sh**.

It's not the same anymore after getting 10 wins in it. Taunt is the name of the game for stalling sets. Be warned that the AI will read you like a book and counter you after getting enough wins. Guess won't get to battle Ash and Gary. -.-

Still...no way to get far enough yet for the super league. At the moment.

You could cheese the battle tree. Speed and Power from the get go severely ruin any sort of set up strategies opponents might have.

Things like Marowak (doesn't have speed, but it is immune to thunder wave and doesn't give a shit about taunt) can ohko many of the things common in battle tree. If you want a set up pokemon, Oblivious Salazzle with a Focus Sash can encore opponents and get a +4 boost with Nasty plot. After that it ohko a lot of things that don't resist it. Problem with these two pokemon is that fast powerful pokemon will kill Marowak, and Priority will ruin Salazzle strats (although I have gotten up to battle 25 and i haven't seen a lot of priority).

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree/gabriella.shtml

Thank god that this exists so that you can gain the upper hand. All the participants are listed here! :D

Have to swap Pokes every now and then so the AI doesn't predict your every move. Scouting helps to get more assitance for the multi battles, but at the cost of 10BP. You can easily grind for it at the Battle Royal.

Edited by PuffPuff

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking into UU, and the most recent bans from UU are Mewnium-Z, Staraptor, and Victini (Honorable mention to Staraptor for getting b& from UU for 4 gens in a row).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Thats such a "no shit" ban

Mewnium Z is just the standard Z move is broken syndrome. It basically let Mew to use +2 Psychic right off the bat, then it become +1 for the next 4 turns. That is already crazy, enough but i always wondered why the field isn't up first so it become +4 Psychic for free

Victini this is obvious once you read V Create

Staraptor is basically going to be broken if a tier lacks their good steel type that isn't weak to fighting. And for lower tier that means using Doublade which comes with its own issue

And of course the fact that these need to be banned from UU while shit like Mimikyu is OU shows how wrong the current tier is lol

24 minutes ago, JSND said:

Dugtrio suspect test finally happened

Can we just quickban it, Kthx

I can see why. That attack buff plus Arena Trap plus high speed plus STAB Earthquake is pretty scary.

But didn't both Mantine and Pelipper moved up on the tiers? I would imagine that being Water/Flying is a good counter to Dugtrio. Gyarados isn't a bad idea either 

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I can see why. That attack buff plus Arena Trap plus high speed plus STAB Earthquake is pretty scary.

But didn't both Mantine and Pelipper moved up on the tiers? I would imagine that being Water/Flying is a good counter to Dugtrio. Gyarados isn't a bad idea either 

Dugtrio is uncounterable by design since you can't switch out from it

Like the only way you can counter Dugtrio is by completely outplaying your opponent to the point that you manage to somehow get enough value out of Heatran/Tyranitar/Hoopa that when they are removed from the game by force, you already are at the state where "you pretty much win". Gyarados is the closest thing to a dugtrio counter on that list only because if you use Choiced Dugtrio, the Gyarados/Landorus Therian response of SD/DD/RP into Z move can be game ending

Shed Shell Tyranitar is a joke for obvious reason. Shed Shell Hoopa is... well a joke for also obvious reason. Shed Shell Heatran is less obvious and is basically Heatran without Leftovers is eh, and Z Move/Choice kinda improves Heatran a lot

More than anything else this could potentially open up the banning for Hoopa Unbound so its really welcome

But seriously speaking the fact that Dugtrio isn't even suspected as early as Gen 5 for being able to removed Tyranitar and Heatran for free is kinda mind boggling

On 2/10/2017 at 7:04 AM, JSND said:

Dugtrio suspect test finally happened

Can we just quickban it, Kthx

Given that they went and banned Shadow Tag last generation, I ain't surprised.

On 2/4/2017 at 5:37 AM, JSND said:

Thats such a "no shit" ban

Mewnium Z is just the standard Z move is broken syndrome. It basically let Mew to use +2 Psychic right off the bat, then it become +1 for the next 4 turns. That is already crazy, enough but i always wondered why the field isn't up first so it become +4 Psychic for free

Victini this is obvious once you read V Create

Staraptor is basically going to be broken if a tier lacks their good steel type that isn't weak to fighting. And for lower tier that means using Doublade which comes with its own issue

And of course the fact that these need to be banned from UU while shit like Mimikyu is OU shows how wrong the current tier is lol

You won't get any argument from me there - I'm surprised Victini in particular lasted as long as it did before getting the boot.

On 2/10/2017 at 9:59 AM, JSND said:

Dugtrio is uncounterable by design since you can't switch out from it

Like the only way you can counter Dugtrio is by completely outplaying your opponent to the point that you manage to somehow get enough value out of Heatran/Tyranitar/Hoopa that when they are removed from the game by force, you already are at the state where "you pretty much win". Gyarados is the closest thing to a dugtrio counter on that list only because if you use Choiced Dugtrio, the Gyarados/Landorus Therian response of SD/DD/RP into Z move can be game ending

Shed Shell Tyranitar is a joke for obvious reason. Shed Shell Hoopa is... well a joke for also obvious reason. Shed Shell Heatran is less obvious and is basically Heatran without Leftovers is eh, and Z Move/Choice kinda improves Heatran a lot

More than anything else this could potentially open up the banning for Hoopa Unbound so its really welcome

But seriously speaking the fact that Dugtrio isn't even suspected as early as Gen 5 for being able to removed Tyranitar and Heatran for free is kinda mind boggling

I'd chalk that up to the stigma that trapping abilities got wasn't as strong back then as it is nowadays (I blame the cancerous bullshit that is Mega Gengar), among other things (Dugtrio got an Attack buff, Tapu Lele is a thing, and thus priority's not as prominent as before (and even if you ignore Tapu Lele, Dugtrio tends to use Sucker Punch), practically no counterplay to Dugtrio). 

EDIT: The results are in, and Dugtrio... wasn't banned. Which makes me think, if Dugtrio isn't the problem, what IS?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia