What If FE Mobile Is A Mobile Version of FE Cipher?

JamesEmblem

So seeing as the FE Cipher card game never made it out of Japan, this seems like a pretty cool idea for the fans, and for Nintendo who want to make money. I never played Hearthstone, but I'm sure it made Blizzard/Activision a lot of money, so Nintendo would want to replicate that.

Personally, I'd want to see this if only to have all that artwork upscaled without all the text and borders. The only thing that makes me doubt this possibility is that Kishima said that it will keep the main features of a SRPG, though admittedly, I have no clue on how Cipher is played, so it could still work.

As much as I love the idea, I don't really see it happening. If FE Mobile really is an SRPG, then I don't think that really fits with Cipher. Cipher may be a card game that incorporates elements of Fire Emblem, but I don't think it can really be counted as an SRPG by itself.

Not to mention that'd mean Nintendo was translating and localising all the card effects and rules and such, only to use it for a mobile game and and not release a physical version, which would frustrate me to no end.

I don't think so, because as far as I know the game's going to be an SRPG. Unless it uses Cipher cards as well. I don't know much about Cipher but the main units in the mobile game may use their abilities through the Cipher cards in a similar fashion to Mobius Final Fantasy.

Edited by Quintessence

I think there's a chance for Cipher assets to be used, like maybe the characters (some or all of them) are based on Cipher cards.

But I'm pretty sure the game was announced as a SRPG, so it's probably not a 1:1 port of the card game.

I wouldn't think Nintendo would market a FE mobile game as a card game. I'd think Nintendo would give new FE fans an experience similar to what was found in Fates..

Personally, I'd rather have another SRPG over a card game.

Edited by Leif

• 2 weeks later...

Honest I'm more for that than it been an actual FE, simply because I fear how micro-transactions are going to inevitably fit in to it. There is a chance it'll be a actual 'buy' game but on mobile Free-to-play reigns and does it make the hollar.

With a card game it would just be extra card packs so sure it's more pay to win but given Cipher's Japan exclusive it wouldn't bother me (All card games are technically pay to win anyway so it also makes sense)

Meanwhile a traditional FE could have it for skipping wait timers to do chapters or challenges. Revive dead unit. move. recruit a unit. fix a weapon, buy a weapon, open a chest, or even move further. The mobile platform is one I fear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can see Nintendo using Cipher artwork as character artwork in the game if they were to bring back legacy characters. Awakening re-used a lot of old character art for the Einherjar characters and the 100 Karuta card set re-used Awakening's DLC artwork for most of the card characters who appeared as DLC in Awakening (ie. Lyn, Elincia, Alm, etc.).

• 3 months later...