Fire Emblem Sacred Stones - Weapon Reversal

Kobazco

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Kobazco said:

This is mainly a placeholder because the old pirate animation softlocked the game and was overall poorly designed. As such the old palette got carried over. Sorry about that.

Ah, alright then.

Quick question:

It seems that Colm comes into the chapter you recruit him on with keys for doors and chests, and I imagine that's to allow him to do what he'd normally do as a thief if you don't recruit him ASAP. Is this the case? Because on his turn, he just flies aimlessly at me. lol. I've considered the possibility that there might not be an easy way to make 'Other' characters use keys to open doors and chests, but now I'm confused as to why we have the keys if his Other-phase can't make use of them. 

Am I wrong? I'm open to being wrong, it just seems a little odd. Hopefully answering my question isn't a bother. I downloaded the latest version for funsies and I'm having a blast so far. A wonderful patch, and I smile big at the muscular brigand woman every time she hits something. 

• 1 month later...

Hello, I would like to say that I did enjoy your hack, and that I loved the changes, as well as the challenge in Final Chapter part 1, though I did find a few bugs and have some questions.

Bugs

Spoiler
  • Engaging some enemies, (such as Femzerker vs. Bishop) causes graphical glitches
  • The pathing of enemy reinforcements is sometimes funky. So is Myrrh's during Ch.18.
  • For anyone, do NOT engage Gargoyles or Deathgoyles with animations on. I'm not sure what happened even, even if I can't hack or know what you did, but if you do, expect to restart the chapter after a joyful screechfest. I'm not sure if Cyclops suffer of the same issue.
  • I sorta saw a video of a certain miniboss having a battle conversation with Eirika in Final Chapter part 1. I played Eirika's route and I didn't see the quote... Should play Ephraim route later.
  • Sometimes, the spawn for Ch.17's skirmish is a Dragoon. Is this intended, or...? (They are still named Monster.)
  • A Fighter in Ch.19 spawning with a Steel Bow and nothing else? I wonder if that was meant to be a Warrior, or...?
  • Amelia's Pirate Palette, obviously.

Questions

Spoiler
  • So, I saw the Sword Brigand animation in FEU, but I saw no magic sword animation for them. Are they not intended to be playable or use them? Or are magic swords locked out for them?
  • Is this compatible with randomizer? If so, why not include a Sword Berserker to go with the Sword Brigands, and call that class Barbarian?
  • Could you name the Sword Brigands "Ruffian" or "Cutthroat" and not Mercenary?
  • What is the difference between Halberdier and Dragoon?
  • Do the Postgame characters have infinite-use weapons like the minibosses of Final Chapter Part 1?
  • Regarding Gargoyles, can you disable the animations for them due to the technical issue mentioned above? I might be wrong and using a wrong emulator, like Gameboid...

That's pretty much it, but I did enjoy this, even in a semi-grindless run.

• 5 months later...

Quick question, is the most up-to-date patch the same one displayed on the FEE3 video, or should I wait for a new one? This hack has me quite intrigued and I'd like to play the best/newest version, haha.

Edited by Crusticus

2 hours ago, Crusticus said:

Quick question, is the most up-to-date patch the same one displayed on the FEE3 video, or should I wait for a new one? This hack has me quite intrigued and I'd like to play the best/newest version, haha.

The one they played on FEE3 was outdated, but the one linked here is up to date. Go ahead and download it, the hack is finished except for portraits (which are likely never getting done/happening)

If the sword brigands have a really shitty animation, then its outdated and the latest version (for reals) can be found here:

http://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-sacred-stones-weapon-reversal/1820

Edited by Kobazco

10 hours ago, Kobazco said:

The one they played on FEE3 was outdated, but the one linked here is up to date. Go ahead and download it, the hack is finished except for portraits (which are likely never getting done/happening)

If the sword brigands have a really shitty animation, then its outdated and the latest version (for reals) can be found here:

http://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-sacred-stones-weapon-reversal/1820

ah, okay. The version I played (posted on April 8th iirc) was fine until my game crashed using Moulder to kill a mercenary in chapter 3, so I thought I'd ask lol. I'll try it again and hope for the best though.

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be any way to save Ross in Chapter 2 except praying to the RNG, he will always die to that first brigand's attack if he gets hit by the ~60% chance.

Is there any possibility you could alter Franz's starting position so that he's close enough to rescue Ross on Turn 1 like Vanessa is in the base game?

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisin said:

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be any way to save Ross in Chapter 2 except praying to the RNG, he will always die to that first brigand's attack if he gets hit by the ~60% chance.

Is there any possibility you could alter Franz's starting position so that he's close enough to rescue Ross on Turn 1 like Vanessa is in the base game?

Ross should be able to live just fine, also Vanessa can cross mountains although at a slower rate.

8 hours ago, OatmealRaisin said:

Is it really 60%? For me the hit rate, between the fort and Ross' base speed in the 10-s. I mean, he gets killed if he gets hit, but him getting hit is not exactly easy.

11 hours ago, Kobazco said:

Ross should be able to live just fine, also Vanessa can cross mountains although at a slower rate.

The cutthroat deals 5 damage and Ross starts the map with 5 HP. Vanessa can indeed cross mountains but not fast enough to save Ross before he dies on the first enemy phase.

3 hours ago, Kruggov said:

Is it really 60%? For me the hit rate, between the fort and Ross' base speed in the 10-s. I mean, he gets killed if he gets hit, but him getting hit is not exactly easy.

56%, this is on Difficult mode (which is what the OP recommends playing the game at), I said 60% because true hit RNG probably makes it closer than that. Regardless, it took me three restarts on my first playthrough for Ross to dodge the first attack, after which he drank his vulnerary and healed up, putting himself out of danger.

ross ded.PNG

Edited by OatmealRaisin

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisin said:

Spoiler

ross ded.PNG

Ouch. I guess I was wrong?. That zombiebrigand should have his strength lowered.

Is this Hard more btw? I had no problem with Ross surviving on Normal. In fact he is my fastest guy right now, despite still being a trainee.

5 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Ouch. I guess I was wrong?. That zombiebrigand should have his strength lowered.

Is this Hard more btw? I had no problem with Ross surviving on Normal. In fact he is my fastest guy right now, despite still being a trainee.

Yeah I went back and edited the post to elaborate more, this is on Hard mode. In my humble opinion though "Hard" shouldn't be the same as "luck based" :P:

Just now, OatmealRaisin said:

Yeah I went back and edited the post to elaborate more, this is on Hard mode. In my humble opinion though "Hard" shouldn't be the same as "luck based" :P:

Still better then trying to save Wolt in FEGreen. I mean, he starts on the other side of a much larger map with only Rebecca to help him while having pretty suicidal AI. I had to RNG abuse for two minutes before he finally survived.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Is it at all possible to patch a rom, specifically this one, to a Sacred Stones rom on iOS without a computer or jailbreak? My laptop is broken so much so that I can’t use any tools to patch it myself (NUPS, etc.), but I can still use it so it’s not like I need a new one. This looks cool, I really want to check it out!