Do you think Rinkah is a bad unit?

_Erai

She's already a meme at GameFAQS and Reddit.

I personally don't think she's as bad as people make her out to be, but I find GuardNaginata!Oboro/Hinoka better for tanking because they have actual HP.

Reliance on an item isn't the best thing, but I'll take the higher HP.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. She's like the only tanky unit you can get in Birthright unless you have an Ike Amiibo and put him in the game. I found her useful for walling so everyone else could kill stuff without having to worry about getting killed in one or two hits.

Sure, Subaki and Hinoka were surprisingly kinda tanky, but they still couldn't take hits like Rinkah could. You just have to keep her away from magic, and of course, Subaki and Hinoka are there to handle that.

(note, I'm not including the kids here because I did not recruit/use them. I also didn't use Oboro, Hinata, Setsuna, Azama, Yukimura, Izana, or Shura, so I don't really know about them, but none of them strike me as tanky units)

Edited by Anacybele

I think she's pretty mediocre to be honest. She's just an onslaught of average. Her base skill is pretty spotty even with her awesome 50% skill growth, which is her largest problem. Her strength is average, but her defense is good. However, she's not particularly fast, so we won't see her double too often either without tonics or pair ups. So she ends up being an all around unit with slightly higher defense in a game where there are better attackers and defenders. Although her personal isn't bad and is really easy to use. Probably one of the easiest in the game.

Early game the way the maps are, she's best left as a Pair Up unit for Kaze, and after that point, she's not much better. Her bases needed a better spread. Either better base str, skill or speed.

I think she's pretty mediocre to be honest. She's just an onslaught of average. Her base skill is pretty spotty even with her awesome 50% skill growth, which is her largest problem. Her strength is average, but her defense is good. However, she's not particularly fast, so we won't see her double too often either without tonics or pair ups. So she ends up being an all around unit with slightly higher defense in a game where there are better attackers and defenders. Although her personal isn't bad and is really easy to use. Probably one of the easiest in the game.

Early game the way the maps are, she's best left as a Pair Up unit for Kaze, and after that point, she's not much better. Her bases needed a better spread. Either better base str, skill or speed.

Adding onto this, she has a low skill cap as an Oni Savage at 17.

Really, I'd agree; she's only good as back-pack utility for Kaze.

Edited by The DanMan

Rinkah is one of the worst units in Birthright, but she is still usable. The biggest issue I have with her is her low base strength and weapon ranks comibined with her lackluster strenght growth. It also doesn't help that clubs have rather low might.

No. She's like the only tanky unit you can get in Birthright unless you have an Ike Amiibo and put him in the game. I found her useful for walling so everyone else could kill stuff without having to worry about getting killed in one or two hits.

Sure, Subaki and Hinoka were surprisingly kinda tanky, but they still couldn't take hits like Rinkah could. You just have to keep her away from magic, and of course, Subaki and Hinoka are there to handle that.

(note, I'm not including the kids here because I did not recruit/use them. I also didn't use Oboro, Hinata, Setsuna, Azama, Yukimura, Izana, or Shura, so I don't really know about them, but none of them strike me as tanky units)

Sorry Ana but you might see Rinkah as the only tanky because that's the only foot tank unit you invested in. Hinata, Oboro, and even Azama after going Great Master all tank hits better than Rinkah does. There's a reason why Hinata is other castles is either seen as a Vanguard or a Master of Arms to accentuate those features and Oboro by herself comes out great in all the necessary areas. Tsubaki is also an airborne tank and has great utility but you already acknowledged the former.

Rinkah's pair ups are pretty great which just delegates her to backpack specifically Kaze's backpack. She also starts with E axes which is pretty sad.

Edited by Raguna

I feel like she isn't nearly as trash as people make her seem.... in Birthright. Her personal skill is nice, she has solid defense, and she is one of the few characters that you can feed kills to before the main game. Her flaws is her strength growth isn't impressive. She (usually) starts with E-rank. E rank is so trash. Oni Savage skills are a bit awkward while unpromoted (physical unit with seal res). She could do decently woth a Bolt Axe, but i dont remember if you get one in Birthright. But with a little favoritism, I think she can get going and Oni Chieftain suits her decently. She became one of my better units in Birthright.

Revelation, on the other hand, is very horribly balanced. And she gets screwed hard because of this. She is straight up bad.

She can be good, but it takes a bit of effort, and she has a bad start.

And while she can be a good tank in Birthright, Oboro, Hinata and Silas all outclass Rinkah as tank. In fact, Hinata is a better Oni Savage than her, his only problem is tha he starts with E rank in Axes.

Rinkah is a great pair-up bot though.

I'd honestly say yes - while I did use her in BR, she felt like the weak link on the team, especially after Birthright stopped screwing around with unpromoted losers. That said, her defense is good... but her HP and Luck both being suspect defeat the purpose of a tank. I'd rather use Hinata, Silas, Oboro, or Hinoka for tanking.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I found Silas to be the only early game unit in my BR that could tank well. Rinkah is okay, but her HP growth is still low enough to easily get HP screwed.

She can be good, but it takes a bit of effort, and she has a bad start.

And while she can be a good tank in Birthright, Oboro, Hinata and Silas all outclass Rinkah as tank. In fact, Hinata is a better Oni Savage than her, his only problem is tha he starts with E rank in Axes.

Rinkah is a great pair-up bot though.

This is probably the best summary of her character. Bad start, and while she has some utility, there are other characters who can do her job but better. I wouldn't discount her personal skill, however. It's basically a free +4 damage.

As Thor has shown, a reclass to Berserker does wonders for Rinka's stat spread, but it does require getting Fighter off of Avatar or Charlotte (Revelation only). Rinka might be a good candidate for a Dread Fighter seal.

No, she's not. She's at least decent. I'm quite dispainted in the community nowadays, because I see a lot of people stating that a unit is bad because it can't ORKO like Ryoma or even don't double (Xander is the perfect example of that, look at the number of people reclassing him to faster class, or giving him speedtaker to "fix" his speed).

As a unit she's not spectacular because her str growth is really meh for her class, but she makes a very good wall thanks to her high defense and lack of weakness to utility weapons (unlike General, GK, Wyvern Lord, except Axe-splitter) in a path where axe-users and tanky units are rare. Her class is quite unique since no other unit have Oni Savage as their first class. Yes, there's a few tanks in BR, but most of them need a Guard Naginata to catch Rinkah's Defense. Mine has the same Def as an Oni Chieftain as my GK Silas with Guard Naginata. She may need a little effort to use during one or two chapters, but that's really nothing. I mean, it's a FE game...

But her growths are pretty meh so she can be either awful or excellent, it's up to Anna to decide. Personaly, I would trade some of her speed for more strength. Nonetheless, she makes a good unit to marry or bond with, because her class skills are very good for glasscannon units (Death Blow, Lancebreaker and even Counter can be useful on a lot of units, like Charlotte, Ryoma, Takumi, etc).

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Yes, but she's at least usable in some scenarios in Birthright, but she sits in the underpowered boat with Hana in her join chapter in Revelation if you didn't exclusively abuse her in Chapter 4, when you could easily use Kaze and MU (who turn out much better anyways) in the same chapter. At least she's a good pairup mule and a good mother for Shiro and Ignatius (albeit only in Revelation). I've heard she's also usable for Rhajat if you plan on having her go Oni Chieftain (especially considering how her father, despite how much I hate to say this, is the best person for reclassing into Oni Chieftain)

Edited by Braixen

No, she's not. She's at least decent. I'm quite dispainted in the community nowadays, because I see a lot of people stating that a unit is bad because it can't ORKO like Ryoma or even don't double (Xander is the perfect example of that, look at the number of people reclassing him to faster class, or giving him speedtaker to "fix" his speed).

As a unit she's not spectacular because her str growth is really meh for her class, but she makes a very good wall thanks to her high defense and lack of weakness to utility weapons (unlike General, GK, Wyvern Lord, except Axe-splitter) in a path where axe-users and tanky units are rare. Her class is quite unique since no other unit have Oni Savage as their first class. Yes, there's a few tanks in BR, but most of them need a Guard Naginata to catch Rinkah's Defense. Mine has the same Def as an Oni Chieftain as my GK Silas with Guard Naginata. She may need a little effort to use during one or two chapters, but that's really nothing. I mean, it's a FE game...

But her growths are pretty meh so she can be either awful or excellent, it's up to Anna to decide. Personaly, I would trade some of her speed for more strength. Nonetheless, she makes a good unit to marry or bond with, because her class skills are very good for glasscannon units (Death Blow, Lancebreaker and even Counter can be useful on a lot of units, like Charlotte, Ryoma, Takumi, etc).

Being tanky doesn't mean jack if you have shit for HP, AKA one of the key defensive stats for a tank. Her Luck is also suspect, which can compromise her durability...

She's fantastic as a Dread Fighter with a bit of help from an Angelic Robe, but you could say the same for a lot of characters. The E Axes really hurts her usability early game and she seems to really struggle to catch up thereafter. Giving her Shuriken access gets her past that hump. There are definitely other characters worth using over her.

Rinkah is fantastic as a pair-up bot as well as being a good partner for Magic Users (of which there is a lot in Birthright) due to having Seal Resistance naturally. She can help with training Hayato and Orochi as well as E rank Mages. She has a good base reclass in the form of Ninja, which gives her something like a 65% SPD growth, 70% SKL growth and allows her to take away something like 11 res max with Spy's Shuriken. You can also dabble a bit into MoA (have to marry Ryoma or Hinata though) to get Seal Strength, Spear Master (A+ Oboro) to get Seal Speed, and it goes on and on.

Basically, she can be the ultimate debuffing machine if you so choose.

Now as a unit you'd want fighting and tanking? lolno. There are much better tank choices in BR. Just capture the General's in Chapter 14 if you want a tank (and subsequently break the game because the Chapter 14 general's are OP)

This is probably the best summary of her character. Bad start, and while she has some utility, there are other characters who can do her job but better. I wouldn't discount her personal skill, however. It's basically a free +4 damage.

Actually, I'm not sure if her ability it's good thing to be honest. Good for her that is.

She posses very low HP, and while the Seraph Robe helps, a lot of other units want the Seraph Robe as well, considering that almost everyone in Fates has low HP.

Rinkah is the kind of case that while she can be good with effort, there are many other units who can her job with much less effort.

While she is one the few Axe users in Birthright, there's not really a demand of Axes in that path.

Rinkah is fantastic as a pair-up bot as well as being a good partner for Magic Users (of which there is a lot in Birthright) due to having Seal Resistance naturally. She can help with training Hayato and Orochi as well as E rank Mages. She has a good base reclass in the form of Ninja, which gives her something like a 65% SPD growth, 70% SKL growth and allows her to take away something like 11 res max with Spy's Shuriken. You can also dabble a bit into MoA (have to marry Ryoma or Hinata though) to get Seal Strength, Spear Master (A+ Oboro) to get Seal Speed, and it goes on and on.

Basically, she can be the ultimate debuffing machine if you so choose.

Now as a unit you'd want fighting and tanking? lolno. There are much better tank choices in BR. Just capture the General's in Chapter 14 if you want a tank (and subsequently break the game because the Chapter 14 general's are OP)

Debuffs don't work that way... The -5 from Spy's Shuriken would get overridden by the -6 from Seal Resistance.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

She requires babysitting, but she's not horrible. I personally use her as a Death+Certain Blow Great Club user and she always oneshots enemies, but that's because it's quite a powerful build. I grind my characters to max out all their stats so I don't care too much about growths, but there are certainly better characters.

Debuffs don't work that way... The -5 from Spy's Shuriken would get overridden by the -6 from Seal Resistance.

did not know that

fuck

still, she can be a good Mage babysitter.

Edited by Soapbar

She isn't awful, but she is mediocre. As others have covered, there are plenty of units who can play the physical tank role better than her, even in Birthright (Oboro, Hinoka, Silas, Scarlet, Corrin, reclassed Azama, etc.). And her stat build doesn't really lend her to anything else, though yeah she's a decent enough low-investment pairup bot if that's what you're looking for.