About Genealogy

tirnanog

Meanwhile I would say that there are bigger twists in the rest of the game then Sigurd's death. Admittedly this statement is influenced by my opinion that Sigurd's death is not a twist in the first place and therefore topping it isn't very difficult. So don't expect anything mindblowing.

Edited by BrightBow

Meanwhile I would say that there are bigger twists in the rest of the game then Sigurd's death. Admittedly this statement is kinda influenced by my opinion that Sigurd's death is not a twist in the first place and therefore topping it isn't very difficult.

admittedly for me, I've played so much about Genealogy that nothing is really a surprise to me, so I'm not the best viewpoint.

true point about Sigurd though

Its probably for the best you found out about the twist. The transition from the first gen to the second require some preparations in terms of pairings and inventory management.

thank god about that had I not known about the twist in advance I'dve been f--ked(like I was in Awakening when I didn't know what the Forsetti I was doing)

TL;DR: Any plot events in Genealogy that are on par with or more shocking than Sigurd's death? (Obviously just a subtle hint or yes or no answer; not actually mentioning the event itself)

The rule of thumb is that if a story relies too much on a twist, then it is a bad story. That also means that if a story is ruined by the revelation of a twist later on, then it wasn't worth to begin with.

Now I can tell you, the fun part about Genealogy as a whole is not it's twists, but the ride itself. For instance Leif's vengeance over Travant means nothing if you didn't witness Cuan's death with your own eyes. Altenna's dilemma over choosing to fight for the family that lovingly raised her, who is clearly the villain, or to side with her blood sibling, Leif, against the kingdom of Thracia that nurtured her is something that build over the course of the game and it's dialogue, not just a cheap revelation. Hey, wait a minute, that last bit sounds too familiar.

Then again, having being spoiled about key part of the story is also a good thing, because now you can pay attention to details around it, catch all the foreshadowing and even find more meaning behind them. Saves you from having to play this a second time, because FE4 is not the kind of game you want to play twice in a row.

Edited by SalShich10N