Is the FE mobile game worth getting hyped for?

Harvey

Ok, Nintendo said this game is coming on mobile this fall but we haven't gotten any trailers, the look of the game and what the game is all about. The only thing we know about the game is that it has that yellowish emblem that I assume has something to do with the game.

Pokemon GO was announced way before its release and so is Miitomo....so why on earth is it taking this game so long to reveal any footage or the release date? We don't know anything about the game.....yet some of us think it might be worth something......well is it? Is it really worth getting hyped for this mobile game?

I'm looking forward to seeing what it is, and I want to know more about it, but I wouldn't say it's worth getting "hyped" over yet. I can't exactly be hyped for something I know nothing about.

This is a tough question...

Ok, Nintendo said this game is coming on mobile this fall but we haven't gotten any trailers, the look of the game and what the game is all about. The only thing we know about the game is that it has that yellowish emblem that I assume has something to do with the game.

Pokemon GO was announced way before its release and so is Miitomo....so why on earth is it taking this game so long to reveal any footage or the release date? We don't know anything about the game.....yet some of us think it might be worth something......well is it? Is it really worth getting hyped for this mobile game?

I'm personally hyped for it because of that exact reason.

They haven't released any insight information. I think that's what builds up the hype for me. Not knowing exactly what it is makes it much more interesting.

Hopefully soon we learn a bit more about it. Maybe then it will have more reasons to be hyped.

Not really. My phone sucks so it probably won't run the game, and I hardly use my phone for gaming so chances are I'll just miss it. I have to admit I'm also pessimistic about the game because it will be "free". That leads me to think there will be paid content inside the game that gives other players an advantage over those who don't pay (otherwise I don't see the point in making a free game for commercial purposes) in competitive/multiplayer sessions. If it turns out to be a single player traditional FE game instead of a competitive multiplayer strategy game, then nevermind that.

That's what happened for the NX. Nothing is known about it but people are still hyped about it.

We know more about what's coming to NX than this game specifically, between Breath of the Wild, Dragon Quest XI, and that Sonic game.

For games not out yet, I tend to stay away from images and most trailers as I want to keep it a surprise. I also get more hyped for things I'm watching as the release date comes closer. Last winter, I didn't get hyped for Fates until January when Star Wars began to lose the hype. However, that is just me and my priorities.

Long story short, I think it is too early to hype about FE mobile. It is still summer and fall is just around the corner, so I wouldn't be too surprise if it gets released in late November with all the Christmas items.

I hesitate to use the word "hype" as it implies some kind of manic excitement that I definitely don't feel, but I'm looking forward to the game. No matter how awful it ends up looking on release (I'm rather picky on my mobile games), I'll likely end up at least giving it a try.

The most I'd do is "cautiously optimistic". Since there's literally no info known about the game, it's impossible to say whether or not it'll be good.