ZeRo starts a tier list of his own... Again (Smash 4)

Jedi

For some reason his Bottom Tier video is not working for me, but his low and mid are.

He's going from Bottom to Top in his opinion, and for a quick summary of who he has put so far.

Bottom

56. Mii Swordfighter

55. Jigglypuff

54. Zelda

53. Mii Gunner

52. Ganondorf

Low

51. Mii Brawler

50. King Dedede

49. Bowser Jr.

48. Little Mac (He says Mac is either alot higher or here, because he is so extreme in either dominating the opponent or just dying in seconds)

47. Samus

46. Link (Reaaaaally disagree with this one because I've seen some really good high level Link play, and even recently in Japan)

Mid

45. Falco

44. Roy

43. Pac-Man

42. Wario

41. Wii Fit

40. Duck Hunt

39. Palutena

38. Ike

37. G&W

36. Kirby

35. Charizard

34. Doctor Mario

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Link suffers quite a bit since there's a basically superior version of him in the game from what I understand.

I say this as a fan of TWW and a non-expert in SSB, but that's what it always seemed like to me.

I think Link suffers quite a bit since there's a basically superior version of him in the game from what I understand.

I say this as a fan of TWW and a non-expert in SSB, but that's what it always seemed like to me.

Well yeah Toon Link exists, but the funny thing is they play pretty differently, Toon Link relies more on his quick combos, bombs etc, and Link is more power & setups, they both have alot of surprisingly good setups in this game, Toon Link just lacks the negatives Link does to an extent (and has his own negatives that aren't quite as bad), but I don't think Link is that low because he has some really solid ways to ko people super early haha.

Just personal opinion and what I've seen/played against.

I suppose his Bottom Tier video would have been the deleted video in this playlist?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkqFtvxndWyMRrumWyWL54CULhKqrrBxn

Apparently it's taken down because of a copyright claim from "Erik Schmidt". That's really weird. I would have expected a company name.

Edit:

I suppose ZeRo's twitter is a better source about what happened to the video:

https://twitter.com/TSMZeRo/status/769299269182447617

Edited by BrightBow

I suppose his Bottom Tier video would have been the deleted video in this playlist?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkqFtvxndWyMRrumWyWL54CULhKqrrBxn

Apparently it's taken down because of a copyright claim from "Erik Schmidt". That's really weird. I would have expected a company name.

Edit:

I suppose ZeRo's twitter is a better source about what happened to the video:

https://twitter.com/TSMZeRo/status/769299269182447617

Man... Youtube's system is as flawed as ever I see.

Still can't believe Reflet isn't considered garbage anymore.

Well considering Dath, from Flordia has been beating tons of really skilled people (He made top 32 at EVO too), including the best Fox player Larry Lurr recently, yeah people are taking him/her alot more seriously.

Edited by Jedi

It goes to show how much of a viable cast Smash 4 has.

Besides the 1.1.5 power creep that was Bayo, I'd say Smash 4 has the most balanced cast out of all the games.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It goes to show how much of a viable cast Smash 4 has.

Besides the 1.1.5 power creep that was Bayo, I'd say Smash 4 has the most balanced cast out of all the games.

Ehhh, that's questionable at best.

With such a huge roster, a large amount of characters will be viable, yes. But it will never be more than a 30% of the full roster.

Still better than Melee and Brawl, for sure, but if you compare that to othe fighting games like, say, Killer Instinct (where 80% of the characters are very viable) and then you can see that the ratio isn't that impressive.

Ehhh, that's questionable at best.

With such a huge roster, a large amount of characters will be viable, yes. But it will never be more than a 30% of the full roster.

Still better than Melee and Brawl, for sure, but if you compare that to othe fighting games like, say, Killer Instinct (where 80% of the characters are very viable) and then you can see that the ratio isn't that impressive.

if melee Puff can win majors with her Fox MU...existing, other characters in smash 4 can do the same. 30% seems a bit pessimistic. Edited by Comet

"High Tier" is up

20: Toon Link

19: Ness

18: Mega Man

17: Pikachu

16: Corrin

15: Villager

14: Meta Knight

Next vid is last vid, top 13.

Edited by Elieson

I suppose the remaining characters are pretty much who you'd expect but... where is Marth? Did I miss him in the previous videos? ZeRo can't possibly have put him into top tier.

Edited by BrightBow

"Watch out whippersnappers, Foxy Grandpa gonna tipper you all out of this tourney with the Falchion."

It's not surprising that people have been getting better with characters over time and causing shifts in tiers.

Remember when ZeRo couldn't be touched at EVO way back when?

Edited by shadowofchaos

I suppose the remaining characters are pretty much who you'd expect but... where is Marth? Did I miss him in the previous videos? ZeRo can't possibly have put him into top tier.

I'm thinking he may have put him just short of top 10.

It's not surprising that people have been getting better with characters over time and causing shifts in tiers.

Well, true but I would have figured that Marth shares a lot of the problems that Roy has, like a lack of approach options for example. And that boy is all the way down at the bottom. Well, maybe not quite at the bottom but he is ranked 44 from 56. It's just that the bottom/low tiers are rather small.

Edited by BrightBow

Sheik, Diddy, Bayonetta, Sonic, Mario, ZSS, Mewtwo, Ryu, Rosaluma, Cloud, Fox, Marth/Lucina

wait, Lucario in top?

Lucina Top Tier Waifu boys, we did it!

Edited by Elieson

Well, true but I would have figured that Marth shares a lot of the problems that Roy has, like a lack of approach options for example. And that boy is all the way down at the bottom. Well, maybe not quite at the bottom but he is ranked 44 from 56. It's just that the bottom/low tiers are rather small.

I personally have trouble keeping Marths out as a Robin.

Roy has to be up in your face, while Marth can weave in and out of "I can hit as hard as Ike, and faster" range.

You can be just short of hitting him and he can punish you with a tipper tilt or Fsmash.

It's just that he isn't autopilot short hop double fair like he used to be was probably the wall that players had to get over and adapt to.

Edited by shadowofchaos