Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(FinalVersion1.0 out)

TheMaskedRaider

Unit Poll  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Favortie Demo Unit/Character

• Algimas
    • Tactician
    • Ernst
    • Kurtis
    • Haylyn
    • Martel
    • Aceline
    • Boleslav
    • Negu
    • Gerwulf
    • Sven
    • Beatrice
    • Chiara
    • Robert
    • Nilda
    • Wayland
    • Vlad
    • Elaine
    • Celia
    • Foskey
    • Rorick
    • Odin
    • Meila
    • Lani
    • Brendan
    • Dita
    • Katarina
    • Aras
    • Warren
    • Franck
    • Auguste

I hope its not too much to ask, but I have a request? Can you PM me a current version of the patch with the switched portraits shown in the OP? I only ask because I'm sort of dyslexic and it really hurts my eyes to look at a bunch of code, let alone a hex editor if I stare at it too long.

I'd appreciate it especially if you did the white haired female tactician. <3

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, TheMaskedRaider said:

Might as well give an update, but we are working on the final chapters(starting work on ch 21 of 25) of the game after a break of doing nothing.

I won't say expect a completely finished version within the month, but I would say its in theory possible to see it by october/november.

It'll be done when its done, and that might be soonish.

Can't wait to have a full LP of this game on my channel. Its been really fun for me and can't wait to read the supports and discover the paired endings. And looking forward to the rest of the story as well!

I'll probably just put up a patch that has the alternate versions in game so anyone can use em later today.

On the subject of paired endings, if anyone thinks they can make similar quality CGs to the ones that show up after the final chapter I could use some of those(4).

Not onthe top of my todo list and I don't need them to finish so they would be just a bonus thing if they happen.

I absolutely love this hack, it hurts every time I have to bench a character, but my issue is it almost feels like you have to bench some characters. Negu isn't very good, so I used Gerwulf for a while, and now I have Dita and don't really see a need for Gerwulf. A lot of people on this thread really like Celia better than Boleslav (my Celia got strength-screwed, though, so... also, I can't leave Boleslav because he has a fat guy archer sprite that I think is hilarious), and bench him as soon as they get her.

As far as who I have used so far:

Algimas- Not loving this dude. He seems to just not be particularly good at anything. His hit rates are reliable, and his damage output is okay, but honestly, if I could bench him, I would have by now.

Kamille- Really slow, but hits like a truck, so I don't mind. Has saved me with Seere many, many times.

Ernst- I am so glad he isn't a Jagen. He is possibly my favorite character in this game personality-wise, so it's awesome that I can keep using him. His speed and skill are good, his strength hasn't gone up in a while, but it's usable when he doubles everything.

Aceline- I only really used her because her design is cool, her character is cool, and she's a knight that uses bows. Her strength is okay, her defense is nice, her speed has stayed at 8 for a long time :\

Boleslav- I love this dude. I actually began to hate Celia when I had to bring her on that shaman infested chapter and she died from literally everything and did wet tissue damage in return, so Boleslav has never been benched. His speed isn't actually that bad so far, and his bulk is good, so I don't need to worry if he gets hit once or twice.

Gerwulf- Meh. He's better than Negu, but it looks like Dita will get him benched. Honestly, he never grew well, he just had lots of HP and a usable defense stat.

Nilda- Kurtis hated me, I think, he always died, so Nilda was welcomed to my army after she literally, out of sheer determination, knocked down a prison cell door in rage. I had to use her. I just had to. She hasn't let me down, her strength is pretty good, and her speed and skill are excellent. Possibly my favorite unit.

Lani- PEGASUS KNIGHT! I love pegasus knights, and Lani with her killer lance, decent defense and resistance, as well as a good strength, skill, and speed growth, another one of my favorite units.

Odin- Possibly my best unit. He has at least 10 points in everything except for resistance, he has really nice HP, and is balanced in strength and accuracy. Also a pretty cool dude.

Elaine- Troubadours immediately replace clerics for me, so this was a no brainer. She was basically better than Haylyn at everything.

Wayland- I really like Wayland, his Lancereaver saved me so many times. His defense, attack, and HP are all great, and his speed isn't irredeemable.

Brendan- Not liking how high a level he starts at considering he can't cap in magic unless you give him steroids, but monks are my second favorite class, right under pegasus knight, so I refuse to have one in my barracks and not use him.

On 10/09/2017 at 3:47 PM, BronzeSwagger said:

I hope its not too much to ask, but I have a request? Can you PM me a current version of the patch with the switched portraits shown in the OP? I only ask because I'm sort of dyslexic and it really hurts my eyes to look at a bunch of code, let alone a hex editor if I stare at it too long.

I'd appreciate it especially if you did the white haired female tactician. <3

There is a simpler way, just download FE Editor, the custom portrait in th OP or any other, then open the program and go to Portrait Editor, keep changing the portraits until you found the tactician one and then load your custom portrait in it. Save the rom and done!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 25/4/2018 at 2:08 PM, DarkSoul said:

Wonder if this project is dead? It actually has great potential and is one of my favorites.

Let's hope not, it's a great project and deserves to be completed.

• 1 month later...

I played this hack for 2 days straight to finish 18 chapters. I love the tactician and celia so far, they save my ass most of the time.

Question here

At chapter 18, Dione appeared so late but with different face sprite, she is supposed to be the blonde stoic girl, ex subordinate of Cynthia right?

And is she going to be recruitable in the future?

up.JPG

On 6/23/2018 at 2:41 PM, Misericordia said:

Rough estimate of when the final chapter will be done? I don't wanna start it yet if I gotta wait a couple weeks for the endgame, looks amazing so far! <3

Ok so I started it anyways, I see on some of the screenshots it says Chap 24, Chap 25, does the current patch go that far? If so mine went to chapter 18x, then glitched into the original FE 

I would like to mention, and I apologize if it has been mentioned, but I noticed that the wyrmslayer doesn't do effective damage to anything. I checked the ingame stuff through gbabuilder and it seems that the wyrmslayer isn't set for some reason to be effective against wyrms.

Edit: I also noticed that the win condition in chapter 11 says that you need to defeat Wire to win who is obviously the incorrect boss.

Edited by familyplayer

• 2 weeks later...

Hows work on the final release going? Are you going to be putting out a guide on how to recruit the secret/hidden characters, or just let people find out on their own?
Hopefully you can get it out before the end of the week, before Octopath Traveler steals me away for a long time.

Some issues popped up in working on the epilogue and end credits stuff but I said I'd release it this past weekend.
So here is a patch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1346o46chvc7ox9/OCAFinalb1.ups?dl=0
Gameplaywise? This one is essentially the done deal, goes all the way to the final chapter and only the last two chapters are not completely finished dialogue wise.

Other than that it's ready to go minus some tweaks we might make depending on internal testing and external feedback on the final chapters.

I aim to have the final chapter and epilogue scenes done by saturday night so if you want to  wait on playing those last two chapters you can, if not go ahead and playthrough.

supports of course are a work in progress and I will be releasing a patch that unlocks the support viewer when I get those done, though for this weekend patch Algimas supports WILL be in fully.