Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(FinalVersion1.0 out)

TheMaskedRaider

Unit Poll  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Favortie Demo Unit/Character

• Algimas
    • Tactician
    • Ernst
    • Kurtis
    • Haylyn
    • Martel
    • Aceline
    • Boleslav
    • Negu
    • Gerwulf
    • Sven
    • Beatrice
    • Chiara
    • Robert
    • Nilda
    • Wayland
    • Vlad
    • Elaine
    • Celia
    • Foskey
    • Rorick
    • Odin
    • Meila
    • Lani
    • Brendan
    • Dita
    • Katarina
    • Aras
    • Warren
    • Franck
    • Auguste

YES! Now I can play this and let it take over my channel once again. Though I think I'll wait until Saturday to play the version with the final chapter and epilogue scenes.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TheMaskedRaider said:

Some issues popped up in working on the epilogue and end credits stuff butĀ I said I'd release it this past weekend.
So here is a patch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1346o46chvc7ox9/OCAFinalb1.ups?dl=0
Gameplaywise? This one is essentiallyĀ the done deal, goes all the way to the final chapter and only the last two chapters are not completely finished dialogue wise.

Other than that it's ready to go minus some tweaks we might make depending on internal testing and external feedback on the final chapters.

I aim to have the final chapter and epilogue scenes done by saturday night so if you want toĀ  wait on playing those last two chapters you can, if not go ahead and playthrough.

supports of course are a work in progress and I will be releasing a patch that unlocks the support viewer when I get thoseĀ done, though for this weekend patch Algimas supports WILL be in fully.

YES! I just restarted mine bc I messed up chapter 15 and didn't get 15x. Speaking of someone mentioned back about a guide of secret characters, and so far I've only gotten one, are there actually multiple secret characters??

1 hour ago, Misericordia said:

YES! I just restarted mine bc I messed up chapter 15 and didn't get 15x. Speaking of someone mentioned back about a guide of secret characters, and so far I've only gotten one, are there actually multiple secret characters??

Now I'm not 100% certain about this, but there's the secret Druid that requires you to stand on a specific tile in a later level, and a certain lategame Falconknight boss thatĀ has special dialogue and doesn't outright die if you battle her with both of her comrades-turned-allies.
Whether that means she shows up recruitable later, I dunno, but it's something.

I've been silently following this project for a while now. I didn't want to get into it at first because I have a bit of a rule against playing incomplete hacks. We all know how common it is for these projects to be abandoned. I understand that hacking is hard and time-consuming, and I won't judge a hacker for leaving their project, but I just don't want to get invested into a story that might never be finished.

Suffice to say, it makes me really happy to know that this one will get finished, and soon at that.

Think I'll wait for the really-complete version to be released. In the meantime, I suppose I could try and see if I can make a hackbox and palette for my tactician.

7 hours ago, Misericordia said:

I'm having an issue where I did the patch on my current game, didn't work, did it on a fresh copy of FE7 and I'm still only getting to chapter 18

Did you use the link I put in the announcement post.
If not that is the patch you should use. If so that is very odd cause I tested a save past 18 on that patch and it for sure goes past it.

3 hours ago, TheMaskedRaider said:

Did you use the link I put in the announcement post.
If not that is the patch you should use. If so that is very odd cause I tested a save past 18 on that patch and it for sure goes past it.

Yeah. I tried several times but it kept getting to 18 then switching over to 18x of FE7. Kinda upset about having to erase both my completed saves, but I deleted the FE7 rom I had and the patch and redownloaded both and started from scratch. Sucks so far though since I'm being RNG screwed on Martel and Kurtis, but we'll see.

On 7/14/2018 at 10:13 PM, TheMaskedRaider said:

Minor delay cause of unexpected housing issues. Will still happen this weekend but tonight is more than likely not going to be it.

That's fine! So far even without text the last couple chapters are amazing! For those that said Algimas was slow growing, just wait for the last 3 chapters, let me tell you, he's RIDICULOUS.

Also how high is the tacticians spd growth?? Mine hasn't hit it in 6 levels, and I have to be extremely careful because she's going into end game with 17 Speed, against falconknights and swordsmasters with 23-26 speed

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I've been playing Order of the Crimson Arm for a while and thus far, I've been having a blast. I've a few issues with the game here and there, but overall, I'm really liking it. However, I have a problem that I was hoping somebody could help me with.

I made myself a custom tactician with his own palette. The portrait works fine, as does the unpromoted palette. No such luck with the promoted sprite, I'm afraid.

Spoiler

Zfe0QAi.png

According to FERecolor, this is my palette. The red headband looks wonky, but other than that, I'm happy with it. However, according to Order of the Crimson Arm...

Spoiler

utj5ooR.png

This is how it looks. The differences may not be all that noticeable in this tiny screenshot, but since I always play in fullscreen...

Spoiler

ZEYexddg.png

Yeah... that sticks out like a sore thumb.

I have no idea why this may be happening. The palette works fine in FERecolor, and the default palette does too, but ingame, they're both flawed like this, the default one just works better because the main colour is black. Also, I've taken a look at a Crimson Arm LP that I found on Youtube, and it seems like that person also had the same problem (although he didn't seem to notice it), and he was using the default palette, so I don't think it's an issue on my end.

It's not a very major bug, of course, and certainly not a gamebreaking issue, but it annoys me, since I admit the only reason I didn't bench myself for Aras was that I wanted to see that sweet Necromancer sprite in action. I won't force anyone to do anything, but please consider taking a look at it for the full release, MaskedRider. If you could fix this, I'd be most grateful.

Ah yes. IT IS DONE! Props to TheMaskedRaider! A well done hack and a well-made story for a FE game. Will post again after finish. Also, the prep screen music is amazing. Do you have a music only copy?

21 hours ago, Valkoor123113 said:

For some reason my computer can't extract ups files. How do I extract this game?

You don't extract the .ups, you get a patcher and patch a clean ROM with the .ups.

10 hours ago, Painguin said:

How does one move a save from the older version to the new?
Ā 

If you're playing an emulator, then just move the save file from the directory with the old ROM to directory with the new one, and rename it to have the same name as the new ROM.

A small thing I found while playing the game. When you pick your Tactician's birth month, it doesn't translate in game. I haven't tried with all the months yet, but I went up to Hiathe and noticed that the Tact's affinity was alwaysĀ Ice.Ā 

Is the birth month supposed to dictate your Tact's affinity or is it supposed to do something else?Ā 

Edited by Regalia

Trying to get a custom palette to work, but the FE Recolor gives me a hex list that's shorter than the examples provided, and the game locks up when I import my palette. It works fine with the example, but what tools did you guys use for the palettes?

Edited by RobinROTMG

Inserting the custom portrait was easier than i thought.

IĀ“m a bit lazy, so i just slighly edited the default character to look a bit closer to me. Is not a great work, the shading is still kinda off, but iĀ“ll do.
Ā 

Spoiler

image.png.d0ba25223fcfc012a8507d37d36852e1.png

The only problem i had is that i canĀ“t change the tactician colour pallete in battle animations, any idea how can i do that? Can i use Nightmare with FE7 modules? If the answer is yes, then what character is the tactician replacing so i can edit it?

Edited by Orphito

21 minutes ago, TheMaskedRaider said:

Again I recommend using FEbuilder, it has a tool that makes editing palettes extremely easy. As for the characters they replace, the male tactician replaces Raven while the female tactician replaces Isadora.

Thank you. You were right, it was extremly easy to change the palletes. The program itself is amazing tho, it looks almost likeĀ  RPG maker level of straight forward-ness.