Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(FinalVersion1.0 out)

TheMaskedRaider

Unit Poll  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Favortie Demo Unit/Character

• Algimas
    • Tactician
    • Ernst
    • Kurtis
    • Haylyn
    • Martel
    • Aceline
    • Boleslav
    • Negu
    • Gerwulf
    • Sven
    • Beatrice
    • Chiara
    • Robert
    • Nilda
    • Wayland
    • Vlad
    • Elaine
    • Celia
    • Foskey
    • Rorick
    • Odin
    • Meila
    • Lani
    • Brendan
    • Dita
    • Katarina
    • Aras
    • Warren
    • Franck
    • Auguste

5 hours ago, Teku said:

Eh, she turned out very well in my run through :p , but i have a particular fondness for armored nights in fire emblem, so im willing to bear with them early on and see if it can jury rig something to make them work

aceline.PNG

I mean it's safe to say you definitely just pushed a shit ton of statboosters on her. With her growths, she'd never look THAT good without rigging them all and/or buying a ton of statboosters from the secret shop.

Edited by familyplayer

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Teku said:

Eh, she turned out very well in my run through :p , but i have a particular fondness for armored nights in fire emblem, so im willing to bear with them early on and see if it can jury rig something to make them work

aceline.PNG

You know what a 1/5 star rating isn't really fair to her. She does have her utility early game. I guess during the mid-game is when she dropped off for me. I can see her being at least a 2 star unit, maybe even a low 3 star unit if she gets rng blessed

10 hours ago, familyplayer said:

I mean it's safe to say you definitely just pushed a shit ton of statboosters on her. With her growths, she'd never look THAT good without rigging them all and/or buying a ton of statboosters from the secret shop.

I actually didnt in this run. I will add i used stavestates at times to ensure people lived if i was in a tough spot or the bosses were hard (like that guy with the berserk staff). The only booster i gave her for that run were +2 movement boots, otherwise i just really lucky with her stats and im one of those guys that waits till level 20 (or late as possible) to promote to maximize my units potential.

6 hours ago, Tempo said:

You know what a 1/5 star rating isn't really fair to her. She does have her utility early game. I guess during the mid-game is when she dropped off for me. I can see her being at least a 2 star unit, maybe even a low 3 star unit if she gets rng blessed

I mean, 3/5 is where i would put her as well if i was honest about her as whole, but then again im biased towards generals for them saving my hide multiple times in the GBA and Radiant Dawn series. Her slow speed and res are where she will struggle after the midpoint in the game, but i was able to have her be A ranked with my Tactician so it was never to much of a problem since he could heal her

Speaking of which, i really look forward to the final version of this for the support conversations/endings. I just really want to know more about these characters in general :)

Really, regardless of tier madness and low movement, I just can't help but use Aceline thanks to the bow utility, and because of just liking how she looks. It's like the same feeling all those people who can't help but use Nephenee or Mia over Oscar/Gatrie/Marcia or Zihark have. And it's hard to avoid that even for her assumed role as an armor knight, she's already kinda beaten by Kurtis, who's not only got the tank setup, but doesn't have to struggle with the lower movement or weakness to armorslayers

Edited by Gruntagen

generally having units stand within a few squares of eachother is what builds supports

but as far as i can tell, support conversations and lists of units that do support is not complete

Anyone know how to fix corrupted save states? I was on chapter 11 but my save state for it is giving me a message saying "Unsupported VisualBoyAdvance save game version 0". I have one other save state in chapter 9 that works just fine though. Attached is the broken save state. Please let me know if any of you know how to fix it, it would be much appreciated. :)

Fire Emblem1.sgm

I meant more officially in game since the support conversations show either glitched sprites or FE7 sprites. and when i said "lists of units" i meant more of a viewer from the main menu. You can do that tho since it would help out other people and give some tips of who you want to ship :3

1 hour ago, Teku said:

I meant more officially in game since the support conversations show either glitched sprites or FE7 sprites. and when i said "lists of units" i meant more of a viewer from the main menu. You can do that tho since it would help out other people and give some tips of who you want to ship :3

Replacing the texts is probably the easy part, it's the writing of pages upon pages of support convos that is probably the reason why they're not implemented (Or so I assume). Also I'm pretty sure you can see who supports with who in the battle prep screen. If you're part of the team working on this hack I'll gladly write up one to send as a sample to look over and see if my writing style matches up well enough with what was envisioned. Let me know if you are and I could get it done by the end of the week.

10 minutes ago, Teku said:

im not, im just an avid fan the hack xD

Gotcha, I probably won't write any supports unless I know they're going in the game since they take time lol :P

And done with the game!

I did a Algimas + women-only playthrough, although I have no qualm using male characters if I had free deployment slots (only happens early on) or during their join chapter. Difficulty was fair and fun for the most part. My turn count at the end was 364 (unsure if accurate); past the early game, pretty much every chapter was between 10 and 15 turns. I never tried to go fast, but I never delayed a map either, although some did get longer by virtue of only being able to chip some bosses meekly every turn due to them having intimidating crit rates.

Overall, I'm very happy with the game although there's a clear lack of polish in the last third (mostly chapter 20 onward). There's entire chapters like the dock-defense chapters where the dialogs are all base FE7. Typos or strange grammar starts appearing more and more commonly. Some of the important dialog are base FE7 like Tactician-Final Boss. Multiple end-card are base FE7 too, some for important characters like Wayland or the final slide about the tactician. Maps start feeling a bit more formulaic and less "well-tuned" compared to some of the prior ones. Some plot points are dropped without a satisfying conclusion (like who I assume is the tactician's father). Stealable items disappeared entirely.

Overall, I still say it's the best hack I've ever played. The last third had a distinct feel of "I want to be done making this game", but it's very understandable considering the immense amount of work that goes in a project like this, and it didn't collapse and remained entertaining. Final boss was a huge pain though: the only units that could do anything to him was my godlike tactician (a whole 7 damage with maxed stats and unique book) and the Athos replacement for 11 at 1 range with the S ranked sword, out of 80 hit points on the boss and both died in two hits. Painful! On a side note, does every single enemy really need to have all equipable weapon types in their inventory? It felt like the triangle was near-pointless defensively, except against berzerkers and sword masters.

Here's my unit ratings from my playthrough: no stat gains exploits used.

Amazing performance:

• Algimas: Suffered from low strength early in the game, but very solid otherwise. Incredible speed (finished at 28) and very solid defenses, and his strength actually caught up late. Very solid prf weapon early on, and incredible unique weapon late with unlimited 1-2 range, solid crit rate and +5 bonus res: he did a very solid Radiant Dawn Ike or Ryoma impression by the end of the game.
  • Tactician: She was godlike, even excluding the favoritism with stat boosting items. I gave her two Draco Shields early on and an Angelic Robe: she was already my female unit with the highest defense, so I figured her being able to Nosterafu tank could be critical due to using no male units. I ended up using basically one single book in the entire game: She got extremely-high to max stats in absolutely everything, including speed which was lagging behind the first half of the game (two speedwing helped, but RNG did most of the work). Flux got a ton of use in my playthrough, but she only hit level 20/20 right before the final chapter so I didn't overuse her much. Bonus staff user too.
  • Haylyn: Best early-game cleric I ever had in Fire Emblem history. I didn't notice her much, until something attacked her and she obliterated it. Then I actually paid attention to her stats: By the end of the game, she capped speed and nearly capped Mag, Res and Luck with skill being the only major issue. She was an incredible offensive mage, better than Beatrice who was already pretty good. I think she also gets bonus experience for units she kills? Best healer, best non-tactician mage, nearly invincible to magic and durable enough to take a physical hit. Amazing, and she got zero favoritism except heal-staff spamming.
  • Celia: Godlike offense, great evasion, incredible res. Bows are very good in this game, and I think she got bonus exp on killing units? She killed anything I needed dead and is one of the very few units who could attack some of the meaner bosses and live. Zero favoritism past her joining chapter for exp.
  • Katarina: Dancer who can heal. What more can you ask? The healing actually saw a good amount of use in my playthrough.
  • Adin: The Athos of this game, turned out to be critical to beating the boss since you need swords, and he had more strength than any of mine.

Great performance:

• Clara: Gave her an Angelic robe. Very solid upon joining and stayed that way all the way to the end. She unfortunately got few Spd level ups, but she was exceedingly useful overall anyway.
  • Beatrice: Low magic (16) and critically low defense, but due to the magic hitting so many different weaknesses in this game, she was still able to dispatch most everything. Bonus staff usage.
  • Lani: Ton of stat boosters were sent her way (including the Afa tears at 20/1). First pegasus knight and I have a big soft spot for those. She was extremely helpful throughout the entire game, but the fact I needed to throw her so many stat boosters to get her to that point prevents her from getting higher.
  • Negu: She didn't excel anything (besides 25 capped speed at the end), but she was very solid all around. High movement, reliable and while she wasn't usually the one slaughtering the enemies, I safely threw her in a variety of situations and she always came up fine. Bit of a rough start very early on though.

OK performance:

• Eliana: Very well rounded pegasus knight (including surprisingly high defense). Performed well with very limited focus.
  • Dionne: See Eliana. Eliana was a bit better overall, but Dionne's higher weapon ranks help.
  • Ayrlyn: My best sword user, she was very potent offensively, but very low luck meant her avoid was lower than it should be with her amazing speed. I reset 3 times due to her dying (and she died in 2 hits unlike most of my frontliners who died in 3 instead), but she's close to "great performance", especially for a unit that joins so high level.
  • Dita: Negu-like, but with 5 less speed and sliiightly higher defense and strength... and 12 hit points less. Her critical low hit points pool is what made the most difference between her and Negu since she died in one less hit, plus she had additional weaknesses due to class. Still good, but she was nearing "bad" tier by the end of the game.
  • Tanya: Good join level and stats, but she was a noticeable step behind Beatrice and Clara when I placed her in my party. Still useful, of course.

Bad performance or dropped:

• Cynthia: Kept until the end of the game. Had extremely low growths and critically low speed: by the endgame she was getting doubled by the enemy wyvern ryders. She still contributed by finishing off weakened enemies (her one hit did hit hard) or rescue and she had very little competition for axes (was just her and Dita), but compared to Eliana in particular who had just as much defense after a few levels, she was pretty poor.
  • Nilda: Dropped at 20/5. I basically dragged her there due to liking Halberdier, but in truth she was basically "worse Negu" in every way. She wasn't atrocious, but she wasn't good either and Eliana got her spot.
  • Chiaira: Dropped at 20/1. Planned her to be my primary axe user, but she was fairing very poorly before promotion and I had to favor her quite a bit to reach that level. After promotion I was wondering why she was still doing so poorly, and... 10 strength. 13 was her highest stat. Plus only 9 con, so axes would bring that down even worse.
  • Aceline: Dropped at 16. I like armor knights and bows are useful here, but despite my relatively slow playstyle she was still lagging behind too much. Her defense wasn't impressive (13), her offense mediocre and anti-armor weaponry on enemies is relatively common. She cost me a few resets; if she had grown better I'd have kept her but she was already behind.
  • Meila (thief lady?): Dropped at 20/3, after chapter 20. Actually pretty decent fighter for a thief and was useful until chapter 20. Unfortunately, she got stuck at 9 strength (which was insufficient to help her remain relevant), and... well... there's no more steal-able after that point and only three chests, one of which has a chest key right next to it, and the other ones I opened with chest keys from my inventory. I did kind of regret dropping her because if I had got her to more than 24 speed she could steal the final boss iron rune (she was at 21 and I could have given her a speedwing if I knew in advance), but she would have been a "lost slot" for chapters 20 to endgame, and she got replaced by Ayrlyn.

On 09/01/2019 at 10:27 AM, familyplayer said:

By end game, I had a 20/20 Aceline that had capped Strenght, Skill, Speed and Defense and had 56 HPs without stat boosting investment (that I remember).

So I don't think that Aceline here in the picture is all that artificial. 

33 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

By end game, I had a 20/20 Aceline that had capped Strenght, Skill, Speed and Defense and had 56 HPs without stat boosting investment (that I remember).

So I don't think that Aceline here in the picture is all that artificial. 

Well it is a 20/20 unit so i would expect some capped stats

17 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Well it is a 20/20 unit so i would expect some capped stats

None of my other 20/20 units had 4 capped stats though and only Algimas had 3.

6 hours ago, Vince777 said:

None of my other 20/20 units had 4 capped stats though and only Algimas had 3.

But I assume they were close at least? I only argue this because going off of pure growths and bases she isn't perfect.

2 hours ago, familyplayer said:

But I assume they were close at least? I only argue this because going off of pure growths and bases she isn't perfect.

Yeah but her caps (minus def) are rather low.

I was also using Warren (who is really bad imo) and he capped none of his stats while having 27 strenght (two more than Aceline who had capped it). 22 Speed and 25 skill are also not so difficult to reach. 

As far as total stats go, while she had more capped stats, she was still behind Algimas, Martel, Chiara and Odin and tied for 5th place with Sven (to whom I DID give stat boosters though).

Edited by Vince777

11 hours ago, Radrex92 said:

What are the gaiden chapter requirements to get the gaiden chapter where you face Magnus and get Danica? And when do you get the also?

Beat the level before the Fog of War clears.

What does "when do you get the also" mean?

So I really like this hack but my files keep getting corrupted and I'm having to start from earlier chapters time and again and it's getting quite bothersome. Anyone else experiencing these issues and know how to fix them?