Cipher Series 8: April 20 - Promo Chrom in Dengeki Nintendo!

Kirie

I'm guessing that we'll keep using the prefix of "New" or possibly "Neo" for Set 8 cards?

I already see a few repeat characters (not that I mind :eyes:).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new Cipher Column update showed off a piece of Risen art that will apparently be appearing in S8!

qXiJWHj.png

First soldier cards since Nephenee (?)

Hm, so we're seeing generic enemy units now? Well, as generic as a zombie soldier is.

Kind makes we wonder if we'll eventually see cards for Gaiden and Sacred Stones' monster units. After their initial sets, of course.

Kind of disappointed that Magvel still won't be appearing in Cipher. However, the prospect of seeing more second-gen characters is pretty nice, even if this means Lucina will hog even more spotlight than she already has. Poor Chrom never gets a chance to shine.

Seeing the Paralogue characters and baddies is an interesting prospect, and I'm curious whether the Cipher originals will appear again.

I'd be pissed if that Risen art wasn't so badass. I just hope the inevitable super Risen from that DLC pack is not a damn SR. Speaking of SR, you guys think Cordelia will get a 3rd SR? Will Tharja come and snatch away an SR now that she's free from the clutches of #FE?

...even if this means Lucina will hog even more spotlight than she already has. Poor Chrom never gets a chance to shine.

Chrom lacks two important things that Lucina has and will always ensure she'll keep taking the spotlight away from him: Boobs and a slot in Smash Bros.

Jokes aside, if "King Chrom" artwork released waaay back then is accurate (it might not be, since Hans wasn't a card) he might be the lord in this set. It seems that the 2nd gen of Awakening isn't the one taking the spotlight, but rather the paralogue characters and the ones who didn't got a chance before. Expect Miriel, Kellam, Gangrel, Aversa, Walhart, Ricken, Tiki, you know things like that. They might leave the children alone because technically every child unit already has a card but goddamn it Noire deserves at least an R.

I'd be pissed if that Risen art wasn't so badass. I just hope the inevitable super Risen from that DLC pack is not a damn SR. Speaking of SR, you guys think Cordelia will get a 3rd SR? Will Tharja come and snatch away an SR now that she's free from the clutches of #FE?

Well.. Thanks to that early art, it's likely to Chrom be one of the SRs

In the other hand which Awakening characters have SRs? I need to know it to think which popular characters left to be represented in SR

____

FE4 I'm only sure with Seliph (+) and Julia getting SR, and I almost sure Julia will get the SR+ too (Main characters, and some of the most popular FE4 characters in Japan too).

Well.. Thanks to that early art, it's likely to Chrom be one of the SRs

In the other hand which Awakening characters have SRs? I need to know it to think which popular characters left to be represented in SR

____

FE4 I'm only sure with Seliph (+) and Julia getting SR, and I almost sure Julia will get the SR+ too (Main characters, and some of the most popular FE4 characters in Japan too).

My predictions of SR for part 4 are Celice, Julia, Julius (possibly all 3 in a big macro duking it out), Lakche and Sety. Last one is being toss-ups between Aless, Leif or Shanan. Hopefully Lakche and Leif won't get the SR since the game hypes up the wielders of the 3 holy swords (hence why those aren't inheritable). They could also make Sety just an R and fit Lakche in because every female sword master gets preference, clearly.

as for awakening: Chrom, Robin(m), Lucina (2), Cordelia (2), Tharja, Gaius, Severa, Owain.

These are the top 3 male and female Awakening characters who haven't gotten SRs yet:

Male:
Inigo (6)
Henry (7)
Virion (8)

Female:
F!Robin (2)
Cherche (5)
(Tiki* (6))
Olivia (8)

(* - Received an SR for her Archanea form, not her Awakening form, so it kind of half counts?)

F!Robin and Inigo seem like shoe-ins to me, especially since Inigo didn't get an SR as Lazlow either. Some of those spots will likely be reserved for Chrom/Lucina/Villains, though, so it's not likely that all of them will see representation.

My predictions of SR for part 4 are Celice, Julia, Julius (possibly all 3 in a big macro duking it out), Lakche and Sety. Last one is being toss-ups between Aless, Leif or Shanan. Hopefully Lakche and Leif won't get the SR since the game hypes up the wielders of the 3 holy swords (hence why those aren't inheritable). They could also make Sety just an R and fit Lakche in because every female sword master gets preference, clearly.

as for awakening: Chrom, Robin(m), Lucina (2), Cordelia (2), Tharja, Gaius, Severa, Owain.

Altenna for that last Yellow SR.

They def need a FRobin SR.

Edited by Draxal

Altenna for that last Yellow SR.

They def need a FRobin SR.

I thought about Altenna too, since she fits the waifu quota, but she doesn't has much presence although she does has the Gae Bolg. Set 6 could get by with just 2 female SR.

I totally see a FRobin SR too. My predictions are that Chrom, FRobin, Tharja and Tiki will be SRs. The rest are up in the depending on how much pandering they want. I want to believe Lucina won't get a 3rd SR, not even Marth has 3 SRs yet. Only Corrin does across two genders treated as separate entities.

Edited by SalShich10N

Not a very big deal, perhaps, but the Preview Cards included in the S7 booster boxes confirm that Chrom will be the main Awakening Lord for S8. We can also get a look at what his and Seliph's cost 1 cards will do!

4r1NbfF.png

• 2 weeks later...

A bunch of new S8 artwork was shown off during today's livestream, and we also got a title (which I don't have a translation for yet) and a release date (March 17th). I'll update the OP sometime before the end of the weekend, but in the meantime, you can check out the images in my album of caps from the stream here.

So it's gonna be if Chrom became a Risen King, interesting. Risen have monarchy...

You know, the more I look at it, the more I imagine it less as a Risen King Chrom and more of Chrom's father. 'Course, its just grasping straws but aside from looking rather menacing it doesn't quite give me the impression of a Risen

so, if there is anyone that can understand japanese can you tell us more or less what's the gimmick this set? It starts at around the 1:09:35 mark and Risen Chrom at around 1:11:30.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv280950885

Chrom is ded, isn't he?

User ell elucidated on this point over in the livestream thread here.

- Storyline of Awakening in S8 is, 'If Chrom became a Risen King'. This is a fictional storyline made for Cipher that different from the original story on the game. Also Kawade-san said S8 have a special gimmick related to Risen cards.

Title was had and AmiAmi link I shared in the Discord but forgot to post here, derp. I'll get that added to the OP now. Thanks for the reminder! <3

Once again, AmiAmi listings imply no ST Deck.

A new official ad has been revealed for S8, similar to the one passed around for S6 and S7, showing off some unfinished cards and some mechanics information, though I can't translate the latter. Based on the borders, all cards shown are N/HN cards.

[spoiler=Ad Images]

60tneJm.jpg

Cx8mtfB.jpg

A new official ad has been revealed for S8, similar to the one passed around for S6 and S7, showing off some unfinished cards and some mechanics information, though I can't translate the latter. Based on the borders, all cards shown are N/HN cards.

[spoiler=Ad Images]

60tneJm.jpg

Cx8mtfB.jpg

What? Big Boobs Adult Tiki won't get the SR? That's a shame.

She could still get a high cost SR, like how there were 2 different cost Nowis in S1 despite not having an actual promotion. Given how much she's been promoted, I'd be really surprised if she didn't get at least an R.