{Question} What happens when using a Marriage Seal on units who have the same class ?

WinterOkami

In other words, your Hana gets Mercenary. You can see all of examples happen this when you marry say... Beruka with Arthur.

Beruka gets Cavalier because she can't get fighter (yeah Luna Beruka!)

Arthur gets Wyvern Rider (normal pass)

Percy gets Sky Knight because a cluster of things goes wrong with Percy having the same class set as Beruka, so he gets Sky Knight.

Now my question is that can you chain this to get other things?

Like if you have Felicia marry Ryoma and he passes Samurai, and then I make friends with Hana with Felicia, do I get Shrine Maiden? Or does it only work under their original class set? I know Hana would get Troubador, but what of Felicia? I'm curious, but I don't have a free save.

If that's the case, then it's not like Awakening where redundant classes are just a bad thing. If that's the case, redundancy can potentially be a good thing for passes because you get things that wouldn't be accessible under normal circumstances.

Edited by Augestein

In other words, your Hana gets Mercenary. You can see all of examples happen this when you marry say... Beruka with Arthur.

Percy gets Sky Knight because a cluster of things goes wrong with Percy having the same class set as Beruka, so he gets Sky Knight.

Like if you have Felicia marry Ryoma and he passes Samurai, and then I make friends with Hana with Felicia, do I get Shrine Maiden? Or does it only work under their original class set? I know Hana would get Troubador, but what of Felicia? I'm curious, but I don't have a free save.

If that's the case, then it's not like Awakening where redundant classes are just a bad thing. If that's the case, redundancy can potentially be a good thing for passes because you get things that wouldn't be accessible under normal circumstances.

Original/default class set only. Thus, Felicia would wind up with Samurai for both Friendship and Partner Seals. Sucks, but what can you do?

It's also why I think A+ with Kaze/Saizou is the worst thing ever.

Thanks for the help!

Shameless plug here, but if you're wondering about gained classes through Marriage or Friendship seal. I recommend checking out my charts that are featured in my signature. Just though it might prove useful.

Funny enough, I already did a few weeks before but for the friendship supports thanks.

Edited by WinterOkami

I also believe in your Beruka/Arthur example Beruka would still get Fighter as her choice when she uses the Partner Seal with Arthur. Marrying/A+ ranking doesn't "Add" classes to a character's class pool, it just affects how the particular seal associated with it works.

I also believe in your Beruka/Arthur example Beruka would still get Fighter as her choice when she uses the Partner Seal with Arthur. Marrying/A+ ranking doesn't "Add" classes to a character's class pool, it just affects how the particular seal associated with it works.

Sounds like an excuse for a new playthrough.

Your child will recive Omnyoji and priestess.

(Since they already have samurai and Nohrian prince(ss)

They will receive Hana's second class line. If a child has the same class as his mother and his mother has the same secondary class as the father, a third class line is unlocked

Your child will recive Omnyoji and priestess.

(Since they already have samurai and Nohrian prince(ss)

They will receive Hana's second class line. If a child has the same class as his mother and his mother has the same secondary class as the father, a third class line is unlocked for the child.

Ex: Arthur and Beruka, Percy will receive the falcon knight class as Beruka's Third class line.

Pretty interesting.

Edited by Hithere

This makes me curious about how this works in a normally impossible example:

MU x MU with the same talent.

Probably goes straight to the parallel class.

Possibly.

Although Kaze & Saizou, who also have identical class sets, get nothing, so maybe it would not work after all.

Edited by astrophys