Hey there, I'm new!

Ayr

Hello everyone, the name's AlphaReshiram! i'm kinda new to Serene's Forest...by which I mean I made an account today...so I thought I'd make a post to just say a little about myself!
First of all, whilst I'm a massive Pokémon and Smash Bros fan, I only recently got into Fire Emblem, mostly thanks to my curiosity about it with Marth, Roy and Ike in Smash, and then Awakening's release. Fates really grabbed my attention, and now I want to play a lot more Fire Emblem games and learn more about them as a whole!
This might sound corny, but I also hope to make a few friends whilst I'm here. You never know who you'll get along with after all.
Anyway, that's all from me. Hello, I guess.

Fates Castle Address: 11528-44513-25985-49199

Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here, I got into FE via smash as well, but instead of more recently it was back in 03 haha.

Always nice to see new people around here!

Hello, welcome to SF! I hope you'll enjoy it here!

If you'd like to make a few friends, feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk - I'm always open to meeting new people~

As for a more practical question: you said you want to play more FE games; which ones do you plan on playing first?

Welcome! I'm fairly new to the Forest as well. It's a pretty interesting place.

May I make a recommendation for what Fire Emblem games to play? Sacred Stones is a fantastic place to begin, especially if you're used to Awakening and Fates: Rev/BR. And it's on the Wii U eShop. However, if you want Ike's game, Path of Radiance would be another good place to start, but it is very different from the 3DS games. From here, you can probably find what other Fire Emblem games interest you.

And what a coincidence, Smash and Pokémon are my other two favorite series as well.

I wish you luck here!

Me too!

I've heard from people who are not new (unlike me!) that SF has a decent Smash community (including its own Discord, which you can join if you're so inclined) and would recommend Genealogy of the Holy War and Path of Radiance if you're not too bothered by emulation (the former was Japanese only, and the latter is prohibitively expensive and is no longer being distributed by Nintendo anyways). If you want to support your favourite company that keeps on losing to Sony year after year, Blazing Sword (just called Fire Emblem in the US) and Sacred Stones are both really good picks as well. I don't recommend playing Revelations, though.

Dunno what the other people are talking about, though. Pretty sure 99% of the people on this forum haven't even heard of Pokemon, much less played it. They're so out of touch. Despite this obvious disinterest in Pokemon, though, the 1% still manages to post a decent amount in the Pokemon section anyways.

Edited by Refa

Hello, welcome to SF! I hope you'll enjoy it here!

If you'd like to make a few friends, feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk - I'm always open to meeting new people~

As for a more practical question: you said you want to play more FE games; which ones do you plan on playing first?

Thank you!

Since I've already played all the fates games and awakening, i was thinking going more classic by playing FE6, as I've seen many people recommending it. Which games would you suggest?

Me too!

I've heard from people who are not new (unlike me!) that SF has a decent Smash community (including its own Discord, which you can join if you're so inclined) and would recommend Genealogy of the Holy War and Path of Radiance if you're not too bothered by emulation (the former was Japanese only, and the latter is prohibitively expensive and is no longer being distributed by Nintendo anyways). If you want to support your favourite company that keeps on losing to Sony year after year, Blazing Sword (just called Fire Emblem in the US) and Sacred Stones are both really good picks as well. I don't recommend playing Revelations, though.

Dunno what the other people are talking about, though. Pretty sure 99% of the people on this forum haven't even heard of Pokemon, much less played it. They're so out of touch. Despite this obvious disinterest in Pokemon, though, the 1% still manages to post a decent amount in the Pokemon section anyways.

It's nice to know there's a Smash community here...I'll check it out. Binding Blade and Path of Radiance are definitely on my list, though I'm sad to hear you don't recommend Revelations: I personally really liked it. then again, maybe people don't like Revelations and the other Fates games as much because the stories in other FE games are much better...

Welcome! I'm fairly new to the Forest as well. It's a pretty interesting place.

May I make a recommendation for what Fire Emblem games to play? Sacred Stones is a fantastic place to begin, especially if you're used to Awakening and Fates: Rev/BR. And it's on the Wii U eShop. However, if you want Ike's game, Path of Radiance would be another good place to start, but it is very different from the 3DS games. From here, you can probably find what other Fire Emblem games interest you.

And what a coincidence, Smash and Pokémon are my other two favorite series as well.

I wish you luck here!

Thank you for the recommendations!

Thank you!

Since I've already played all the fates games and awakening, i was thinking going more classic by playing FE6, as I've seen many people recommending it. Which games would you suggest?

I personally wouldn't recommend starting with FE6, as it's quite harder than the other GBA games. FE8 is a lot easier and has a world map and branching promotions like FE13, while FE7 also isn't that hard and has a long tutorial-y introduction part; I'd recommend starting with either of those.

I personally wouldn't recommend starting with FE6, as it's quite harder than the other GBA games. FE8 is a lot easier and has a world map and branching promotions like FE13, while FE7 also isn't that hard and has a long tutorial-y introduction part; I'd recommend starting with either of those.

Thank you very much! I'll take them into account.