Official SF Super Sentai/Power Rangers RP Sign-Ups and Concept Thread

Moblin Major General

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is our theme?

• Animals/Dinosaurs
    • Vehicles
    • Concepts(i.e Time/Space Travel)

So, I've been trying to get back into Power Rangers and Super Sentai recently, and thought that maybe an RP thread about it might spur interest in both myself and others. Note that this isn't based on any particular iteration of either, and the team itself doesn't have to be called by either.

[spoiler=Rules]1. Godmodding allowed upon approval by me (being that SS/PR can have close to bullshit powers, I'll let it slide sometimes, especially if a stupidly strong monster has spawned into a scenario.)

2. Rotation on who gets to play the Villain of the Week.

2a. I will play the main antagonist. A spot in my entourage available upon request PM.

3. Not a rule, but try to keep it PG-13 or less. Remember that the source material is for kids.

4. If you cannot continue or go on hiatus, tell me the fate of your ranger/sentai character.

[spoiler=Character Rules]1. Name(duh)

2. Gender(another duh)

3. Age (duhja vu)

4. Ranger/Sentai Color-Green, Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, White, Pink, or Light Blue to start. If you choose any other color, you are automatically an extra ranger, although you can be an extra ranger if you choose those colors if you so wish. Duplicates of the same color will also be extra rangers.

5. Personality- You can choose whether your personality affects your chosen color or not.

6. Chosen Weapon- You should leave this one blank until a theme is chosen, but you don't have to, even though you'll have to adapt it to fit the theme otherwise.

I'm waiting on the poll before I submit any character of note on my end.

So, it seems that we have a winner in the poll after about an hour, though I'll still keep it open. Here are some of my concepts:

1. Sports. Evil Alien rules an empire with "No Fun Allowed" written all over it. Sentai gets deployed to protect international pastimes with mecha and special moves to reflect different sports.

2. Humans vs. Mutants. Humans and Mutants coexist in relative peace... except that there are groups on both sides that want full scale war, and need to be stopped by the rangers before either succeed.

3. Dimension Jumping. Doomed rangers from one timeline enter into the current one to prevent the current one from falling. Villains can and should be cameos from other PR/SS series.

You should totally go for the first one. I'm certain it will produce a deep and intriguing plot line.

Right *sarcasm*. Token cheesy PR plot aside, I put thought into the scenarios, as cliche as they might be. I'll wait until more people pay me their two cents before I make my decision.

I'd say, would not be a bad idea to go with 2. Personally, I find 3 to be the most intriging one, but doing stuff with Time/Dimesion Travel sounds a bit... I don't know. Doesn't sit quite that well with me, or so. But that's just me.

Right *sarcasm*. Token cheesy PR plot aside, I put thought into the scenarios, as cliche as they might be. I'll wait until more people pay me their two cents before I make my decision.

No really, I'm pretty certain the latter two have been used as existing Power Rangers plots, I think actually both together at one point!

So it seems that people don't want 3, are okay with 1, and prefer 2. As such, I think 1 is what I'm going with, especially after Shin said he had encountered the previous 2 concepts at once. Also, I should've iterated that sign-ups were already open, but they certainly are now.

You should totally go for the first one. I'm certain it will produce a deep and intriguing plot line.

Why you haevn't suggested a Folgore Rangers RP is beyond me!

• 2 weeks later...

2 Sounds the best to me and probably will produce richer dialogue from the better Sentai.

Edit: I just realized you said you'll be doing the first option. (This'll be fun)

Edited by Gokai Doctor

Name: Caleb Finch

Ranger/Sentai Color: Black (Or Blue, whatever works for the sports theme and the roleplay)

Personality-Depressed, Mostly Silent, Lazy

Chosen Weapon: Rifle (Or Harpoon if I'm needed as Blue instead)

accepted. Now to wait for a few more. My sheet should be on the way soon.

Edit:

Name: Ray

Ranger Color: Red

Personality: Athletic, Enthusiastic,

Chosen Weapon: Hockey stick

Edited by Hylian Air Force