The Sacred Stones cards mechanic prediction

Jayvee94

I now they don't seem to be planning to have tSS cards anytime soon. However it's cool to speculate to what unique mechanic it'll have.

First, the SACRED TWINS (the weapons)

Basically taking the Cain and Abel knight mechanic in previous series and cranking it up to 11. IE Great Lords Eirika and Ephraim with sieglinde and Sigmund respectively. Or Falcon Knight Tana and Sniper Innes for Vidofnir and Nidhogg respectively.

Second, something with the trainees. But I have no idea how.

Edited by Jayvee94

First, the SACRED TWINS (the weapons)

Basically taking the Cain and Abel knight mechanic in previous series and cranking it up to 11. IE Great Lords Eirika and Ephraim with sieglinde and Sigmund respectively. Or Falcon Knight Tana and Sniper Innes for Vidofnir and Nidhogg respectively.

Those aren't mechanics, those are just predicting the Skills that the cards get lel :V

I have absolutely no idea to be honest, we've used almost everything. They'll probably make something entirely new up.

Hm, now you've got me thinking about this too.

So, as far as I know, a colour's overall mechanic seems to generally be based on something unique to, or which originated from, that game(s). E.g. Blue has a lot of Class Change Skills because of the easy availability of Master/Second seals in the game, White/Black has Union Skills because of Revelations uniting characters from the two paths, Green has Level Up Skills because of Radiant Dawn's 3 tier promotions (?), Purple has special Support Skills because they introduced the modern support system, and Yellow has Bond Skills because of the Love System (?). I dunno about Red.

So, for Sacred Stones' special mechanic, we could be looking for something Sacred Stones has that either unique to it, or originated from it. Which honestly doesn't give us much to work with. Your Sacred Twins and Trainees suggestions are sound ideas for skills, but it's not really a unique game mechanic that can provide an overarching theme for the whole colour. If Gaiden gets grouped into Red, then Sacred Stones could claim the World Map and Skirmishes/Creature Campaign as something unique it has, but I'm not entirely sure that's something that can work in a card game setting. The World Map also allows items and weapons to be purchased at any time, which could be worked into skills, but it's still not really something that can provide something truly unique that separates the colour from other colours.

In terms of Cipher itself, the colours' unique mechanics have already utilised the main parts of the playing field that I can think of, so there's not really much new I can think of that Sacred Stones could bring to the table. Unless we can to have skills that only become active once you have a certain amount/type of cards in the retreat area. Because zombies. That could work, I guess.

Note: Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I've never actually played Cipher, I'm just going off what I read on the Wiki.

Well mechanics change based on something the thematic of the game.

Red has lots of useful skills from low cost units, because that game just gave you garbage units as meat shield

Blue has many advantageous skills with class change, because that game was all about reclassing and promoting

Black focuses on destroying the enemy because Nohr is evil and they want to destroy Hoshido

White focuses on empowering your allies because Hoshidans are all such nice people.

Green has the level up mechanic because we all reset the game for the best gains from BExp

Purple has tons of support skills, even on cost 2 or higher units because they were the first games to introduce the modern way of supporting

Yellow has cards with skills that trigger in the bond row because that game was all love growing passively over turns and praying to lord almighty that Sylvia doesn't rape Levin.

What is something unique that Sacred Stones introduced, and how can that be a game mechanic?

Edited by SalShich10N

Well mechanics change based on something the thematics of the game.

What is something unique that Sacred Stones introduced, and how can that be a game mechanic?

Here's what I've managed to find:

• World Map (Also in Gaiden), with Skirmishes.
  • Monsters (Also in Gaiden).
  • Supply Convoy accessed via the Lord of the game.
  • Branching Promotions.
  • Trainee Units.
  • Class Skills (Returning from FE4).
  • Creature Campaign.

Of those, Branching Promotions seems like it'd be the easiest to build unique mechanics around, but that already seems to be Awakening's niche.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, here's my idea;

Branched promotions -> I don't even know know how the other sets did this, but in the Sacred Stones set this should also be represented.

Twin power -> All sacred stones couples should get skills like most the green/red knights got. So bonusses for having both on the field or supporting each other for EirikaxEphraim, LutexArthur, ColmxNeimi, RossxGarcia, etc.

Skills -> great shield makes all generals be able to evade using any card, snipers cannot be evaded, and assassins have triple damage crits or idk

In my opinion, Sacred Stones will likely be just more support for Divine Weapons cards, and have even more support skills to go on top of it.

But hey, it's anyone's go, at this rate. Maybe they'll have LvS for Trainees, maybe Gaiden will be support for Sword of Light.

Monsters would be also an interesting addition, as well.

• 1 month later...

We should hopefully find out what will be in S9 during the next livestream on November 5th. In addition to Sacred Stones, Gaiden and Thracia are both completely missing representation (though neither may introduce a new colour: Thracia will almost certainly be Yellow and Gaiden may be Red as well).