FE Mobile Delayed

Captain Karnage

https://www.destructoid.com/fire-emblem-and-animal-crossing-aren-t-hitting-mobile-this-fall-385271.phtml

sorry to say it but we'll have to wait a few more months

if your upset, you can blame Super Mario Run

Those guys at Serenes Forest totally posted about this hours ago :P

I'm ok with it. We've seen nothing yet of the game, and heard only a little bit. It's not like we're getting overhyped about the next coming of StarFox 64 and getting delayed for half a year. We're looking at a 3-4 month delay, which ain't that bad IMO.

Edited by Elieson

I'm actually kinda glad to hear this. Hearing nothing about the mobile game after it being announced scared me about its development status. Finally having a date and something about the game eases my worries for the game. I'm not disappointed in the delay of the game at all.

Since the NX releases in March as well, we'll know what it is by then, and whether that rumor about it being able to play Nintendo's mpbile games is true or not, so I'm alright with this now. Might save me some money on buying a new phone or something.

That said, I do still wish we knew a bit more about what the game actually is.

• 3 weeks later...

There's also that Super Mario is a bit more... immediately recognizable for the mobile market so there's that. It, along with Pokemon GO, could be for drumming up more interest into official Nintendo mobile games. There's also that Super Mario Run is basically reusing assets from the New Super Mario Bros. series so it's easier to get it ready.

No surprise if Legend of Zelda is going to get its own mobile app at some point.

BTW, the Chinese made a Splatoon bootleg for mobile devices.

Back on topic, the delay means that the FE mobile app gets extra time for development and debugging. They could very well be adding more waifu and husbando characters into the game, complete with new CG artwork!

I wonder if they know the Fire Emblem isn't really a big seller at all. I mean there's no reason to delay the game since this is an experiment they are doing here.

I'm already paranoid that they might ditch of Fire Emblem so soon......:(

I wonder if they know the Fire Emblem isn't really a big seller at all. I mean there's no reason to delay the game since this is an experiment they are doing here.

I'm already paranoid that they might ditch of Fire Emblem so soon......:(

Relax, I'm sure they just want to work on it more.

FE has struck it huge and Ninty knows it, I mean they have 6 characters in smash for crying out loud, that speaks volumes alone.

Relax, I'm sure they just want to work on it more.

FE has struck it huge and Ninty knows it, I mean they have 6 characters in smash for crying out loud, that speaks volumes alone.

idk, what's the reason to delay a mobile game if you can easily fix and update games on that platform frequently?

Really ever since Nintendo gave Fire Emblem a last attempt for the 3DS warning sale thing, I just don't know if Fire Emblem can sell bigger than it has back then and now simply because well.....as stated by one guy here, FE is simply a niche series and its the only main RPG series besides Xenoblade that Nintendo has ever made an attempt towards the RPG market.

idk, what's the reason to delay a mobile game if you can easily fix and update games on that platform frequently?

Really ever since Nintendo gave Fire Emblem a last attempt for the 3DS warning sale thing, I just don't know if Fire Emblem can sell bigger than it has back then and now simply because well.....as stated by one guy here, FE is simply a niche series and its the only main RPG series besides Xenoblade that Nintendo has ever made an attempt towards the RPG market.

Int System is a game developer that pretty much never has released a game on time, if they're going for a constantly updated game as well it's something that they have never done before.

You are panicking for no reason, the 3ds games are the biggest sellers in fire emblem history (internationally).

Edited by Draxal

Int System is a game developer that pretty much never has released a game on time, if they're going for a constantly updated game as well it's something that they have never done before.

You are panicking for no reason, the 3ds games are the biggest sellers in fire emblem history (internationally).

Since when had Intelligent Systems ever delayed to release games on time cause I can't remember or am not aware of this very fact? Also, is it even confirmed that Intelligent Systems is making the mobile game of FE?

Not just internationally, Fates has become the best selling FE game domestically.

And I'm happy for that. But time will tell just how well the future of FE will be as the moment it starts to lose momentum, it might be dormant like Metroid and the rest of the other long forgotten IPs that Nintendo has...... :(

It's not finished yet, maybe? Frequent updates on games are to add extra content and fix bugs. You don't release a game with a main story that ends halfway through and then release the rest of the game on an update. That's just unprofessional.

An easy way to turn players off from playing a new game is to give them a shitty game at the start.

It's not finished yet, maybe? Frequent updates on games are to add extra content and fix bugs. You don't release a game with a main story that ends halfway through and then release the rest of the game on an update. That's just unprofessional.

Didn't Pokemon Go kinda do that at first and then later on added more content?

Also, I have a funny feeling that FE mobile isn't going to have a dedicated plot but rather plots that vary depending on how much you pay for each path or something....

So what's your point? There's no chance that the game will bomb like Path of Radiance, so I don't understand why you're getting worked up about this?

Didn't Path of Radiance sell well? I think you meant Radiant Dawn...oh well.

Didn't Pokemon Go kinda do that at first and then later on added more content?

Also, I have a funny feeling that FE mobile isn't going to have a dedicated plot but rather plots that vary depending on how much you pay for each path or something....

Pokemon Go doesn't have a "Main Story" mode. It was fully playable when it came out, even if its features were limited at launch. Pokemon Go is also a completely different type of game, with no "ending".

Even if that's the case (which I doubt), they still need to release enough content at launch to make the game compelling. It could still be unfinished.

Pretty sure both PoR and RD had terrible sales.

If by selling well you mean worse than every other game in the series, then yes. The Tellius saga were huge bombs, which is why Fire Emblem is living in handheld land these days.

Wait what? A mobile game gets delayed?! I though mobile development just shelled out games without care because they can just say "we'll update it later" and they never do and then you remember why mobile gaming is pretty bad and there's really on two good game. Been a D**** on mobile gaming aside, good, that means it might not suck utter arse.