FE4 Replacement help

D4C

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=46497

So what happened to this guy happened to me. except Faval never spawned, and instead Asaello did appear, Sety as well wouldn't appear, but I already have tried reclearing chapter 5 ( I did it twice....)

Picture evidence:
Patty: http://puu.sh/r3WOC/f6d402c0c5.jpg
Asaello: http://puu.sh/r3WNH/9c63efc1bc.jpg
Fee: http://puu.sh/r3XGa/d5b806dee0.jpg
Hawk: http://puu.sh/r3XB6/486b8f748e.jpg

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this :/? Any help would be appreciated I have tried soft resetting and they still appear.

If by redo level 5 then go back to level 8 is what the Original post meant, I haven't done that, do I need to?

Edited by D4C

This is normally a result of fast forwarding during the transition between the two generations. The only real solution is to go back to the end of chapter 5 and play again. It's happened to me before and that did the trick.

This is normally a result of fast forwarding during the transition between the two generations. The only real solution is to go back to the end of chapter 5 and play again. It's happened to me before and that did the trick.

So I go back to chapter 5 and this time don't fastforward.... I'll try it..

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I've literally had this issue before and it was the worst, because I didn't know how to fix it, and I'm still not quite sure what really saved my game.

Were you messing with any codes for cheats BEFORE you got to gen 2? That was what I had done, and I'm actually a bit relieved to know it's not just my game that screws up BOTH units. I had done nothing at all to cause the removal of Faval, but I guess that's just everyone's game, because I've seen this issue happen to someone on another site before (though they posted about it years ago so I was wicked late finding it).

I've fast forwarded in every single one of my files and I use the function on and off for the entire game and that didn't happen once because of fast forwarding. I do believe you can talk to Aida without killing Reptor and it skips the entire ending of gen 1, though that might actually just be if you click the Talk option without Reptor ever even moving by way of cheats - I can't remember for sure.

The only way I found to fix this was probably a result of me fixing the cheat problem.

What I did:

I had initially paired Levin with Diadora and Fury, and while I was warned about pairing Diadora with anyone else, I realized that had nothing to do with it because Levin is the major blood whose weapon passed down, and Celice got it. Because Celice acquires, in the case of coding, the male's inventory (supposed to be Sigurd but if you fuck around like I did he just inherits whatever father's inventory), he got Holsety, and it screwed my game into thinking I was supposed to have Sety because I paired Fury but I guess because Celice inherited from Levin, Sety couldn't get Holsety and it just caused a huge fuck up in the game, resulting in Hawk (one time my game stated his lover was Sety and I did absolutely nothing to lover codes so I can tell you right now my game was internally screaming at me for shit choices in life. I still to this day don't know how the coding fucked up so bad it actually said Sety's name when I had Hawk, which should be impossible because that's his sub).

How I somehow fixed it:

After a ridiculous number of fast forwarding cheat runs to try fixing the problem and scramming to chapter eight to see if the problem was solved, I gave up. I figured I'd pair Fury with Levin anyway so Fee could get Levin's skills and so her stats would reflect from that parentage. As I recall, I had previously turned on Fury's lover code and set it to Dew to see if anything would fix and it didn't, which is why I finally gave up. Continuing with an actual game, I turned OFF Dew's code and proceeded to pair Fury with Levin. I got Fee as expected, but then I got Sety, and his father was Dew and Fee's was Levin. Dew's code was, as expected, still off, and Fury's gen 1 endgame lover was Levin, so my game went a little crazy there too, but after that I paired Levin with Fury just fine and both Fee and Sety were in my games as Levin's children (versus the file were it was Levin and Dew).

Basically it seems like it was just luck or something that my game read a code I had turned off, but I do know it had everything to do with my pairs. I don't know if you want to try this solution and see if it somehow works (I'm GUESSING doing it with either Faval or Sety is fine but I have no idea because again, nothing I did reflected against Faval AT ALL. All I know is if Sety is affected, Faval is too, so I'm guessing vice versa. I don't mean if don't pair the mothers and if you get one sub you get the other, but if the game is messing up and not reading Faval or Sety, it seems it won't read either of them; possibly because they're in the same chapter).

Even if you weren't messing with cheats for pairings, that MIGHT help you, because it completely fixed my game and I haven't seen that issue happen to me once ever since. Once I completed the file with Dew as Sety's father and Levin as Fee's, everything proceeded like normal in my future files.

A big reason you'll want to try fixing this though is that you can't ever recruit Asaello while this is going on if you've paired Brigid to get Patty even if you know you're not getting Faval, because Patty can't recruit Asaello. If you don't want Daisy and want Patty, you basically have to be ready to sacrifice Asaello entirely.

Edited by Jugdral Defender