Best Set of Villains?

Noni

Best Villain Sets  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game has the best Set of Villains?

• Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon(Camus, Michalis, Gharnef, Medeus etc.)
    • Fire Emblem Gaiden
    • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Fire Emblem(Lang, Legion, Kuraine, Eremiya, Hardin, Gharnef, Medeus etc.)
    • Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War(Ishtar, Travant, Arvis, Julius, Manfroy etc.)
    • Fire Emblem: Thracia 776(Raydrik, Veld etc.)
    • Fire Emblem: Binding Blade(Narcian, Gale, Brunya, Murdock, Zephiel, Jahn, Idoun etc.)
    • Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword(Ursula, Lloyd, Linus, Ephidel, Sonia, Limstella, Nergal etc.)
    • Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones(Selena, Caellach, Valter, Oson, Riev, Lyon etc.)
    • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance(Oliver, Shiraham, Petrine, Bertram, Bryce, Black Knight, Ashnard etc.)
    • Fire Emblem: Radian Dawn(Jarod, Izuka, Lekain, Black Knight, Deghinsea, Sephiran, Ashera etc.)
    • Fire Emblem Awakening(Mustafa, Gangrel, Yen'fay, Excellus, Walhart, Aversa, Validar, Grima etc.)
    • Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright(Zola, Kotaro, Leo, Camilla, Hans, Iago, Xander, Garon etc.)
    • Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest(Kotaro, Zola, Sakura, Hinoka, Ryoma, Hans, Iago, Garon, Takumi etc.)
    • Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation(Zola, Kotaro, Hans, Iago, Arete, Mikoto, Sumeragi, Anankos etc.)
    • Fire Emblem: Archaneia Saga

I can only speak for Fire Emblem 1, Gaiden and the localized games, so the choice is obvious: Sacred Stones. Lyon is the only villain actually done really well in all of the Fire Emblem games I've played - others may be interesting or have potential, but there's always a big, fat "but" accompanying those bad guys. Lyon, on the other hand, has a solid backstory, an established personality, comprehensible motives that still lead to questionable acts and then good interactions with the protagonists.

Really, it's sad they seem to have done their best to move away from a villain that's so heavily involved with the protagonists and the story as a whole; hell, just compare Lyon to Ashnard, whom Ike doesn't even recognize before the final battle starts.

I think Genealogy has the most interesting villains if you judge them as a group...because they aren't one. Most villains aren't on each others side or are in direct competition with each other. Trabant is as much as an enemy of the empire as Celice and Leif are and in the empire there's a power struggle going on between the sane people like Alvis and to some extend Ishtar, and those loyal to the lopt sect.

Sacred stone also deserves a mention because the villains really come in every flavor. You got your madman, your utter pragmatist, the evil cultist and the Camus all on the same side. Most manage to get some decent amount of screentime too.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

While I admittedly have a soft spot for the like of Garon and Hans as well as Lyon, there's a rather big but with them. As such I gotta go with FE4, because Arvis honestly should've been the hero of that game.

I chose FE7, because I love how emotional and complicated it gets once you start dealing with the Black Fang villains. It makes me want to cry every time I put the finishing touch on Linus/Lloyd with Nino or Legault. Then there are the morphs and the different ways the react to their "puppet" status. Also, Nergal is a decent enemy once you get to know his backstory a little bit better.

I also like FE8 and FE10 though, mainly due to Selena and Sephiran.

Although i will always maintain that Ashnard is the best villain in the series, the rest of the Tellius antagonists are okay to awful. That being the case, FE8 hits all the right notes.

I am watching an LP for FE4 and will answer after that.

I struggle between FE4, FE8 und FE10.

All FE10-Villains have some big buts, but I like how they get some deph due to having Boss Battle Dialogues with over a dozen different Charakters and talking differently with different characters.