Official Serenes Forest Fire Emblem Fates Post-Release Popularity Poll!

Elieson

Official Serenes Forest Fire Emblem Fates Post-Release Popularity Poll!   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite male character?

• Arthur
    • Asugi
    • Azama
    • Benny
    • Corrin (M)
    • Dwyer
    • Forrest
    • Fuuga
    • Gunter
    • Hayato
    • Hinata
    • Hisame
    • Ignatius
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kaden
    • Kana (M)
    • Kaze
    • Keaton
    • Kiragi
    • Laslow
    • Leo
    • Niles
    • Odin
    • Percy
    • Ryoma
    • Saizo
    • Shigure
    • Shiro
    • Shura
    • Siegbert
    • Silas
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Xander
    • Yukimura
  2. 2. Who is your favorite female character?

• Anna
    • Azura
    • Beruka
    • Caeldori
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Corrin (F)
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Felicia
    • Flora
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagero
    • Kana (F)
    • Midori
    • Mitama
    • Mozu
    • Nina
    • Nyx
    • Oboro
    • Ophelia
    • Orochi
    • Peri
    • Reina
    • Rhajat
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Scarlet
    • Selena
    • Selkie
    • Setsuna
    • Soliel
    • Sophie
    • Velouria
  3. 3. Do you prefer playing as Male or Female Corrin?

• Male
    • Female
  4. 4. Which of the three games did you enjoy the most?

• Birthright
    • Conquest
    • Revelation

Serenes Forest denizens, have you conquered your Fates?!

Last year, Nintendo conducted their own popularity contest for Fire Emblem if. The rest of the world has has Fire Emblem Fates now for over six months, and hasn't had a poll by Nintendo for its favorite unit.

Serenes Forest did our Pre-Release Popularity Poll, but that was before we knew what we know now. After localization changes, we've got our own genuine version to rate. It's a tad overdue, but we're prepared to run our next installment of the Fates Popularity Poll. Things have definitely changed in the community with opinions regarding much of the cast. Well, now's your time to speak up and share your thoughts about it!

This contest will start today and end on October 19, the 8-month anniversary. The rules for this are simple; one vote for your favorite male and one vote for your favorite female. Unlike the Japanese Popularity Poll, our results will always be visible and limited to one per user. They will remain forever anonymous. You can share your vote in public via post if you'd like, or keep it to yourself. You can even fib, if you want. Nobody has to know.

[spoiler=Pre-Release Top 5 of each Gender]
Male Popularity Results
1. Leo [59]
2. Takumi [56]
3. Xander [53]
4. Corrin(M) [35]
4. Zero [35]

Female Popularity Results
1. Camilla [66]
2. Azura [56]
3. Oboro [50]
4. Corrin(F) [30]
5. Flora [24]

Added in this time around is the choice to select your preferred game of the three, as well as your preferred gender for Corrin.

Citizens, we leave this to you. Keep it nice and vote with pride!

Japan's October 2015 popularity poll results can be viewed here, so if you need help, check it out for some suggestions.

Serenes Forests' Pre-Release Popularity Poll Results.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xander

Runner-Ups include:

Takumi, Forrest, Kaze, Keaton

Velouria

Runner-Ups include:

Charlotte, Camilla, Elise, Female Corrin

Female Corrin: The only time a woman can wield a legendary weapon in this game. Even though Elise can make a better use of Leo's tomb than Leo.

Conquest: If only Revelations had better unit management. But the gameplay is amazing.

Edited by I'm a Spheal

Oh, yay, it's here. :3

There are a lot of guys I like in Fates, but Niles takes the top spot overall. He's got a fun design and an amusing character. I'll get around to actually marrying him one of these days. Azama and Izana take the runner's up slots.

For females, it's a bit easier. <3 Elise. She was one of my favourite characters pre-game and holds the top spot still. (I just have to ignore a bunch of her supports). Sakura, Flora, and Camilla for runner's up here.

I always play as Female Corrin, and Conquest is definitely my favourite of the three games by far.

Odin - My absolute favorite character, I loved Owain in Awakening and I love Odin even more. Leo was a close second, because I am very similar to Leo(personality-wise).

Elise - Elise was a very fun and cute character, and her death in birthright was sad.

F!Corrin - I don't really have a preference, but I pick F!Corrin a little more often.

Revelation - Between Conquest and Revelation it was a really close pick, but i'll say Revelation.

For males, I had to choose Leo. I think his design, personality and voice are pretty fucking good. He's smart and calm and serious, plus his inner struggles regarding his other siblings are pretty interesting.

It was hard to choose a female character but eventually I chose Felicia. If it hadn't been Felicia then it would have been Kagero or Flora, who are pretty close seconds. I didn't want to choose any girls from Awakening, otherwise it would have been Caeldori or Rhajat.

I chose Felicia because I've loved her from the first moment I saw her and I love how she's clumsy and loyal and cute. I don't have any deep reasons for choosing her haha^^

I prefer playing as male Corrin, and my favorite game was Conquest because of the BEAUTIFUL map designs and AWESOME gameplay. (althoihaventplayedrevelationsyetoops)

Benny is my favourite character in the game by a pretty wide margin, so he wins for the dudes. Everything about him is perfect.

For the girls, Selena wins out, but not by nearly as wide a margin as Benny did. Ophelia and Mitama are pretty great too, but I find the kids a lot harder to care about in Fates.

I like playing as Femui more because she doesn't look awful and can marry dudes.

Lastly, Conquest wins out for having a dramatically better cast of characters, actual difficulty, and fewer gimmick maps.

Takumi, Oboro, Revelation

My votes will never change, even after I already played the 3 games... Like... Conquest have a fun gameplay but, the part that the only way to use my favorite characters is via logbook (No Kagero?? = me no happy), make me choose Revelation with no doubt, also happy ending, I'm cheesy for happy endings.

Kaze is my favourite for the men, he has consistently been an amazing unit in all of my lunatic playthroughs, and I love his calm demeanor. He does his Abel archetype proud!

Nina ended up winning for the women. I would say Elise and Hinoka were close seconds, but I honestly just don't like as many of Fates females than the men. I enjoyed Nina's Robin Hood gimmick (I wish she had more supports about that), and I enjoyed how she was a foil to Niles, and was what he could have been without such a terrible childhood.

I play both Corrins equally, but I voted Male because I kinda see that as more cannon.

Lastly, Conquest by far, despite the story having some eh moments it was the one I got the most invested in, and the map gimmicks were always refreshing, if not difficult.

Takumi, Aqua.

Takumi for being the most human and relatable in the entire freaking game.

Aqua for strictly Dancer Character design and voice. Not so much character.

Male, despite liking Kamui's female voice actor.

Anya Oukoku(Conquest) Because it's the most frustrating fun I've had since Lunatic+. And it's the fair type of BS by FE standards.

Laslow is my favorite male character and my favorite character from Fates. I love him as much as I do for his Awakening-self(and perhaps even more).

For female, I voted Miitama, since I'm starting to love her more and more as time passes, to the point that she surpassed Midori, who was once my favorite female character in the game.

Voted F!Corrin because I can be sure I'll get at least one of the children(yeah, It's a weird reason)

Between the three versions, I've choosen CQ, since It's the one I enjoyed the most.

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

Leo: my favourite character in the series. Great voice, amazing quotes, "I will erase you!" is the best crit quote in the game,great characterization, great unit, he's a magic user. Just everything that makes Leo Leo I love.

Felicia: One of the most surprisingly underdeveloped characters in fates. Surprising because she has a lot of interesting things about her that could be expanded upon (her tribe,powers, reasoning behind her loyalty to corrin,why she's a great fighter etc ) but there disregarded in favour of pushing her trope. Even if said trope is endearing it is disappointing to see it take up the majority of her character. Despite this however I still found Felicia to be one of the more appealing members of the female cast. She is kindhearted, selfless,endearing,funny and can be feisty when she feels she's being picked on. The selfless aspect is what I like most about her because its something that I can relate to. As a unit she's pretty helpful as a support bot for the avatar and her ability to get solid damage on low res units and handle mages makes her a pretty helpful combat unit as well. She also has one of the best voices in the game,pleasant to hear and extremely fitting. Suffice to say she's the fates waifu and I don't regret my decision one bit.

Male: No deep reasoning here. I'm a male so I just gravitated towards the male avatar, I'm also not fond of the female voices that much

Conquest: One of the most enjoyable gameplay experiences that I've had. I recently finished a conquest lunatic run with my only casualty being azura during the endgame ( no biggie she dies anyway). Very rewarding to play, I've never felt such satisfaction from beating a difficult map before. Conquest has an excellent ost,No Justice is gold. The cast of conquest I found to be more interesting than the birthright cast. Yes the story isn't the best and there are many face palm moments but I did prefer it more than the other two stories because there were moments that I particularly enjoyed seeing,for example chapter 7's,8's and 10's intro and ending dialogue,meeting up with xander and Leo's attempt at educating corrin. In contrast the other two stories have just been really boring for me. Maybe it's me just being a fan of darker stories. Nonetheless conquest does give me hope for fe's future. IS are certainly capable at creating amazing gameplay experiences now they just have to work on their storytelling,get that right and fe can achieve greatness.

Takumi and Azura because they're both great, well-rounded characters who are very relatable.

Male because I hate the female's design and voice acting. Also because I find Corrin's gentle personality interesting on a male character since it plays with gender roles, while generic on a female.

Revelation because while Conquest is more fun, I prefer happy endings.

Edited by Abvora

So for the favorite male unit I went with Shiro because he is overall a great character. I enjoy a lot his character and relationship with other characters like Ryoma.

His overall design is just fantastic and so dashing to me. He wears a cool headband with a unique fabric used to make it {Since it's nothing alike the ones other samourais wear in the series.}, has a badass looking kimono with an awesome dark red the best color in the world hands down.

When I met Shiro I felt so upset for Ryoma to have him as his kid, I could erase all my savefiles, sell some potatoes in the market for Nintendo all so that they could switch Shiro and Kana or at least have him consider Mamui his second dad {You know like that Piccolo-Gohan thingy}

I feel a bit upset though that I can only choose one to be perfectly honest. I like Siegbert a lot as well as Forrest and Kiragi but oh well so is life. Other 1st gen units come to mind as my favorites like Benny and Arthur as well as Odin, I am sure if I was in the Fate universe we'd go along just fine alongside Laslow and Shiro.

As for my favorite female character it was a no-brainer for me: it's Rhajat. It all goes back to Awakening as after I married Lissa in the first run, I had Male Robin marry Tharja. What I like about her is just overall the fact that she is a very nice person. She has her weird ways but the moment Robin got sick and she took the time to heal got me very emotional. To me she is no stalker just a healthier Camilla in my opinion since to me hanging out with Camilla sounds terribly unhealthy{Due to her treating you like a child, getting to close, constantly giving you that horny look, you know, Camilla stuff}. I got through the series with Awakening after I randomly picked it up for my birthday at the gamestop and I was glad I did. People say Chrom!Female Robin or Sumia is canon well to me at least I feel like Tharja and Robin were meant to be since they go well together as she is Robin's shadow. Their conversation at the scramble was one of my favorite moments. So imagine how glad I was to see Tharja be back. I remember while playing Revelation and recruiting Hayato I was thinking to myself : "Welcome aboard! Can't wait to marry your daughter mate."

Now I get Rhajat is probably as obsessed with you as is Camilla and I find it okay for Rhajat to be obsessed with Corrin as long as she isn't as showy as Camilla if I can make myself clear. Like Rhajat keeps it together and treats you like an equal yet she is heavily obsessed with you but doesn't disturb much she just follows you around in your back. It's cool though because she can laugh about it here and there but she won't embarrass Corrin in front of his friends.

Wow I took 20 minutes to talk about the witch Rhajat? Hmm, guess I ...

Must be Cursed.

23762857.jpg

I am so sorry it was too tempting

Again would love to talk about Hinoka since she is my favorite 1st gen character, also really like Caeldori because after Tharja, Cordelia was my next pick and it felt canon to me since you're Chrom's best bud and she is in some ways Sumia's best bud so yeah, BESTIES COUPLES!

Jokes aside I really like Mitama as well because I have never seen a character in all FE who drop her mixtape like crazy everytime she talks. I am sensitive to rhymes so let me tell you that if Mitama was to sell an album with all of her awesome poetry I would sell my fabulous empty water bottle for it have such poetic sentences but also sleeps a lot. I tend to collapse/fall asleep while watching shows so I think that makes us alike but most of my affection for Mitama comes from her rhymes. Another character I really like is Kana, because you can never go wrong with cuteness in my honest opinion.

I play as a Male Avatar, because I am a boy myself so yeah.

Prefer Conquest because it was darker, cooler and having it be played when wanting to get birthright was awesome. Because when I bought the game I thought I could play all 3 paths but only could I play Conquest so I felt heartbroken fighting the helicopter, the pineapple, the lobster and the shy girl who served as my true siblings. No wonder why inner manly tears were shared for the sacrifice of the legendary lobster crit lord. The ending was also neat to me with Takumi giving me his last strength and all making the game very animé-ish. If only though Corrin would have grown somewhat evil like Lelouch and have Silas a.k.a Sora from Kingdom Hearts{Making Riku Corrin I guess} a.k.a Suzaku bring some sense to him and let him be good because he is getting more evil as they walk this dark path of Conquest.

So that was about it. I realise only now that I've been writing for half an hour on this. Pardon my passion for the FE characters I guess.

Edited by WinterOkami

Niles for the men, Felicia for the women. Male Corrin because I like him way more and it balances out the genders of the royal siblings.

And Conquest; because it was everything I wanted out of Fates, and I felt so satisfied I didn't really play(/beat) Birthright until two weeks ago.

Male: Leo

I freakin' love this beautiful dastered! He's comes off kinda cold like Xander, but I like him more for the fact that he's really and more openly caring, kinda blunt, snarky, and the fact he doubts his own abilities(mostly when it comes to his family, who he probably feels he doesn't deserve them sometimes), despite the fact that he's actually pretty talented. He's honestly one of the coolest characters in the game(to me anyway)!

Kinda hard to describe unit wise, but he's pretty effective(especially when paired up with Nyx) and my main magic user next to Nyx!

Lastly, that smirk man(I don't why I like it so much, it just seems so cool! even before the game's release, I still felt that when I saw screenshots and videos of the game )!

tumblr_o2w4d7EtQP1v83vjro9_250.jpg You know you love this face! :Rei:

Runner-ups:

• Arthur-JUSTICE! I can't help but have admiration for this guy...and worries for his health. He's a pretty kind guy despite getting a lot of crap thrown in his direction(this man deserves a medal)! Arthur is also one of few units in the series(like llyana) that I was gonna bench and did for a while, but I went out my way to get him back up to speed with everyone else. I do not regret it(and now Him & Charlotte are an awesome duo of destuction...CRIT CITY BABY)! :Joshua:
  • Laslow- Laslow, despite being the "Ladies Man", he can be quite a gentlemen when he isn't trying to swoon the ladies and he can be a bit sarcastic, something I like in characters(and some of his S-supports are really sweet...especially the one with Peri and Selena). He's just much better in this game in-general!

Female: Elise

Little Ms.Sunshine. A bit childish, but she genuinely cares about everyone, has great desire for peace, and I honest to God feel like she could've fit better in Corrin's role(and no I'm not joking, I seriously mean that)!

Unit wise, she's a magic tank, probably the best staff user, and while not the best magic user, she does pretty well!

Runner-ups(VERY Close by the way)

• Mozu-You know...for a girl who saw all her friends and family being murdered right in front of her and she's not as strong as everyone else, Mozu seems to be more of a motivator for others then needing to motivated by others(most of the time). That and she's a really good unit and a good Master of Arms(she's saved my butt multiple times and one of the units I use the most)!
  • Beruka-I'm not the only one who used her,right...right? :cry: ( Darn you Camilla...! You stole Beruka's spotlight )

Anywho, Beruka, despite being pretty cold towards most people and seems willing to kill anyone if someone takes up a contract with her as an assassin, she's REALLY loyal and committed to Camilla and everyone else(heck, I think she even went AGAINST a contract for [i forget at the moment] sake).

Also, while she isn't Jill or Harr from the Tellius games, I still say she's still pretty high up there on the charts though! She's a tank and gets ALOT of crits(for me anyway)! Another Unit I use ALOT!

• Selena- I gotta give credit where credit is due. Selena is pretty cool in this game. Still kinda rude and competitive as ever, but she, like Laslow, is rather caring and MUCH better in this game!
  • Nyx- I really like Nyx. Character wise, unit wise(sometimes), and hair style wise......I know that was kinda weird to hear, but I seriously love her hair style!

(Note: I like alot of girl in this game, so it was harder to pick this one. Had to cut explanations down a bit because my brain kinda hurts now after some much pondering of what I like about the the characters )

I honestly haven't played Female Corrin, so instead I'm just gonna cheat and say Female Corrin because she has ACTUAL taunts in Smash 4 unlike Male Corrin! What? Can't I use my "Cop Out" card? :hat:

(I've only played Conquest, but...)

Gameplay wise: Conquest(mostly, some parts are kinda crap) because I like difficult challenges in my Fire Emblem!

Ending Wise: Revelations(because better happy endings)

Probably not great reasons for all my choices(and kinda long reasons/winded ones too), but hey, what can I say? I like to express my points! :hat:

Edited by Busterman64

Odin. One of my favorites from Awakening, and still remains amazing.

Rhajat. I actually liked Tharja back in Awakening, and while Rhajat not as decent as her, I still find her awesome.

Female Avatar.

Revelations, not story wise or gameplay wise, but mostly as I could get every unit in one game.

Characters: Keaton and Anna.

Corrin Preference: Male I guess..

Most Enjoyed: This was tough, but overall I think I enjoyed Rev most since it combined both paths basically. Plus more characters and nicer My Castles ^^. Conquests gameplay is great though, and Birthright feels comfortable for me.

Hinata - He's a genuinely nice upbeat guy. Plus I'm really fond of his visual design.

Charlotte - I honestly hated her at first but she quickly became one of my favorite units. Her supports are a lot of fun and her two-faced nature is really interesting.

Female Corrin - Better customization options imo, although male Corrin's voice options are much better

Conquest - Fun gameplay, fun characters and just overall the more fun game

Niles and Selena for me--they both strike the right balance of being amusing, enjoyable characters while also being exceptionally useful. Niles is just hilarious, but not too over-the-top (I'm looking at you, Arthur). Selena rubbed me the wrong way at first, but then I realized that i was basically commanding a character out of Mean Girls, and suddenly it all clicked for me. :D

(Runners-up: I love Odin, but Niles ends up being the far more useful unit in most situations; and while Effie is a beast and a mainstay of my army, her personality is a little dull and one-note.)

Female Corrin, simply because male Corrin's voice acting makes me want to curl up into a ball and die. (I like both Felicia and Jakob about equally, so there's no tilt factor there for me.)

Even though Conquest's campaign is better-tuned for my difficulty preferences, I picked Revelation instead simply because Conquest's story is so utterly abysmal. ("Den of Betrayal," especially, makes me want to grab the writers by the shoulders and shake them until they explain what on earth they were even thinking.) In Revelations, the fact that the world and its politics are horribly under-developed matters far less, so I have an easier time stomaching it.

Edited by Mr. Sinister