Pokemon Generations

Konnor97

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do all of the Elite Four seem mildly evil? Not even in a cool antagonist sort of way, more like in a petty Dr.Doofenschmirtz sort of way.

I didn't like this at all. They made the E4 sound completely evil. :/

Maybe it's an Adventures/Special shout out? Every Indigo Elite Four member got a villainous role in it at one point or another. I don't really mind, they didn't exactly do much in the games themselves.

Good vid. I'd love a full battle for each of them, and not be:

> challenger appears

> rekt

Yeah this basically sums up my opinion of this episode. Nothing interesting really happened. It was kinda monotonous and repetitive.

Maybe they're attempting to show events at different perspectives. Episode 2 with Looker was from the Global Police's perspective as they attempt to capture Giovanni. Episode 3 shows Green/Blue's perspective at completing the League just before Red, and him becoming the first champion.

I liked the episode. I didn't find the Elite 4 evil, just intimidating. If anything, I'd say Blue is more sinister, the way he sits on the throne, in the dark and those close ups of him show his lust for competition.

I also really liked the exchange of dialogue between Blue and Agatha, it really establishes his differences between himself with Red and how he focuses on quality over quantity.

The VA's work were OK, except for Agatha were the VA's voice cracked a little bit at times but still good work regardless.

Also, I loved how Alakazam used Psychic, from Lapras' point of view.

EDIT: How fast was Machamp going when it got hit by Pidgeot? Because Bruno setting slammed by 286 ibs of pure muscle at that force and still breathing is quite a feat.

Edited by Rend Keaven

I don't get where everyone is getting the "evil" vibe from? I didn't get that vibe even slightly.

And I'll say this. Sure, I wish the episodes were longer, but that isn't going to change. They announced it has 3-5 minute episodes.

Overall, I think the animation quality looks amazing. So it IS unfortunate that the episodes are so short.... Oh well.

I liked 1 and 2 a lot. But I think this episode was pretty amazing. I also really liked the conversation between Blue and Agatha.

Lorelei looks hot. I think all of the character designs in this episode looked great. All of the Elite 4 look great and Blue looks amazing as well.

Like others, I found the Elite 4 to be more intimidating than "evil"

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode: I admit i would have liked it to be longer, but the battles were still enjoyable.

As for the dubbing, I watched it in italian, but I can say that the dubbers a very good job and Lance's dubber made the chracter more badass

Ah, and yes Lorelei is pretty hot here

As for the dubbing, I watched it in italian, but I can say that the dubbers a very good job and Lance's dubber made the chracter more badass

I'd like to hear a bit more about this. I watched the episode in both German and English and (as you might expect) it's not a 1:1 translation. For instance, at the very beginning Agatha has a line in the German version that flat-out doesn't exist in the English one and Blue's line at the end is also completely different. With that in mind I wonder about the other language versions and in exactly which ways they differ from each other, both in terms of completely new lines and also nuances. I did a pretty literal translation of the German script into English to highlight what changed between those if anyone is interested:

[spoiler=English script]

Agatha: I understand your impatience. It has been quite a while since a trainer has collected 8 gym badges.

Lorelei: I'm sorry, but you won't be seeing him. I'll freeze him right into place.

Bruno: Nrg.

Lance: Well then, let us prepare. And I especially look forward to seeing... how good he really is.

Blue: Just you wait, Elite 4. The greatest Pokemon Trainer in the world, that is me.

Lorelei: Welcome to the Pokemon League. I'm here to greet you, challenger. Ready?

Blue: I'll smash your ice into a million pieces.

Lorelei: Oof.

Blue: See that? I happen to be an incredible genius.

Lorelei: Fine then, I will let you go on ahead. You won't be so lucky next time.

Bruno: I'm Bruno of the Elite 4. The Pokemon you train... show them to me. MmmmRAAAAAARGH!

Blue: I hope you can offer me more of a challenge.

Bruno: Urrrgh uuah. How could I have... been defeated?

Blue: That's all you've got? The truth is, my Pokemon and I, we haven't even come close to being serious.

Agatha: Well, well, it's no surprise you've come this far.

Blue: It's just exactly as I planned.

Agatha: Really? Since you're the grandson of that old coot I'd thought you'd be completing the Pokedex.

Blue: Don't you compare me with that old man!

Agatha: Eheeh.

Blue: Gathering data for the Pokedex is just a tool to become stronger.

Agatha: How interesting. Now then, this is my last Pokemon. Go, Gengar!

Lance: So I see that you've made it this far.

Blue: I'll sit on the throne. You'll lose and I'll be champion.

Lance: Show me what you've got. Let's see how you fare against the leader of the Elite 4 and my army of dragons!

Blue: Blastoise, go! - This one is really strong, don't get scared.

Lance: Attack. - That's a very powerful move.

Blue: Call it a greeting. Now let's settle this!

Lance: Do your worst!

Blue: I finally did it. I'm the champion of the Pokemon League. Hurry up and come. Hmpf. Hey, so you're finally here. Haha. Fantastic.

[spoiler=German script]

Agatha: Was denn? Ich bin nicht zu spät. Aber ich kann eure Ungeduld durchaus verstehen. Schließlich passiert es nicht alles Tage, dass es einem Trainer gelingt alle 8 Arenaorden zu sammeln.

Lorelei: Ich muss euch entäuschen, ihr werdet nicht zum Zug kommen. Ich werde ihn nämlich vorher einfrieren.

Bruno: Hrg.

Lance: Also dann, machen wir uns bereit. Ich bin wirklich überaus gespannt was er drauf hat.

Blue: Endlich werd ich den Top 4 begegnen und ihnen den stärksten Trainer der Welt vorstellen können, nämlich mich.

Lorelei: Willkommen in der Pokemon Liga. Ich bin deine erste Gegnerin. Bist du bereit?

Blue: Und ob, ich werde dein Eis in tausend Stücke hauen.

Lorelei: Ngh.

Blue: Na was sagst du nun, ich bin eben ein echtes Genie.

Lorelei: Nun gut, du hast gewonnen und darfst somit weitergehen, aber der nächste Kampf, der wird anders laufen.

Bruno: Ich bin Bruno von den Top 4. Zeig mir die Pokemon... die du trainiert hast. MmmmRAAAAAARGH!

Blue: Dann wollen wir mal sehen, ob du mich besiegen kannst.

Bruno: Urrrrgh uuah. Wie konnte ich... konnte ich verlieren?

Blue: Huh war das jetzt wirklich schon alles? Weil naja, meine Pokemon und ich, wir haben schließlich noch nicht mal ansatzweise Ernst gemacht.

Agatha: Ohoho, du hast es tatsächlich ganz schön weit gebracht.

Blue: Genau wir ich es geplant hatte.

Agatha: Weißt du, wegen deines Großvaters hatte ich eigentlich angenommen, dass du gemütlich an deinem Pokedex arbeitest.

Blue: Vergleich mich ja nicht mit meinem Opa!

Agatha: Hehehe.

Blue: Das Datensammeln für den Pokedex ist für mich nur ein Mittel zum Zweck, um noch stärker zu werden.

Agatha: Äußerst interessant. So sei es also, hier kommt mein letztes Pokemon. Loos Gengaar!

Lance: Du hast es also bis hierher geschafft.

Blue: Und dich werd ich auch besiegen. Ich werde... auf dem Thron des Champs sitzen.

Lance: Zeig mir was du ausrichten kannst... gegen meine Drachen und... gegen mich, das Oberhaupt der Top 4!

Blue: Los Turtok, du bist dran! - Turtok ist wirklich stark, ich warne dich.

Lance: Na los. - Welch beeindruckende Kraft.

Blue: Nur ein kleiner Vorgeschmack. Mach dich auf was gefasst!

Lance: Ich bin gespannt!

Blue: Ich habs geschafft, ich bin der Champ der Pokemonliga. Na los, komm her. Da bist du ja. Auf diesen Moment warte ich schon lange - sehr lange.

[spoiler=German script translation]

Agatha: What is it? I am not late. But I can definitely understand your impatience. After all, it does not happen every day that a trainer manages to collect all 8 gym badges.

Lorelei: I have to disappoint you, you won't get a turn. Because I will freeze him right away.

Bruno: Hrg.

Lance: Well then, let's get ready. I am very curious to see what he's capable of.

Blue: Finally I'll get to face the Elite 4 and introduce them to the world's strongest trainer: me.

Lorelei: Welcome to the Pokemon League. I'm your first opponent. Are you ready?

Blue: But of course. I will chop your ice into a thousand pieces.

Lorelei: Ngh.

Blue: So, what do you say? I'm just a true genius.

Lorelei: Very well, you've won and thus you're allowed to move on, however, the next fight, that one will be different.

Bruno: I'm Bruno of the Elite 4. Show me the Pokemon... you've trained. MmmmRAAAAAARGH!

Blue: Then let's see if you can defeat me.

Bruno: Urrrgh uuah. How could I... could I lose?

Blue: Huh was that already it, seriously? Because, well, my Pokemon and I, we aren't even close to being serious yet.

Agatha: Ohoho, you really have achieved quite a bit.

Blue: Just as I planned.

Agatha: You know, because of your grandfather I had assumed you would be leisurely working on your Pokedex.

Blue: Don't compare me to my grandad!

Agatha: Hehehe.

Blue: Gathering data for the Pokedex is only a means to an end to become even stronger.

Agatha: Very interesting. So be it then, this is my last Pokemon. Goo Gengaar!

Lance: So you've made it this far.

Blue: And I'll defeat you too. I will... sit on the champ's throne.

Lance: Show me what you can do... against my dragons and... against me, the leader of the Elite 4!

Blue: Go Blastoise, it's your turn! - Blastoise is really strong, I'm warning you.

Lance: Well, go. - What impressive power.

Blue: Just a small taste of things to come. Prepare yourself!

Lance: I'm looking forward to it!

Blue: I've done it, I'm the Pokemon League champ. Come on, get over here. There you are. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time - a very long time.

And like I said, if anyone else watched the episode in other languages, I'm very curious to hear about the differences there as well.

New episode is out:

EDIT:Ninja'd

Dragonite was the star of this episode.

I particularly loved the moment at 3:22, where Dragonite is like "Don't fuck with me bastard!".

That stare was awesome!

Edited by Water Mage

Can someone make a gif of Lance's gesture to Dragonite at 0:18? He just looks so... bored, it's hilarious.

I like that they player trainer used was Ethan, not Red, since this is based on Gold and Silver/HeartGold and SoulSilver. It would have made me sad if they used Red for all the protagonists like in the first episode.

Overall, this was a step up from the last one. I still prefer the Chase, myself, but this is my second favorite thus far.

This was nice. I didn't expect Electrode to be able to float or make such mechanical sounds though.

I mean they learn Magnet Rise, so it's not too weird. According to DPPt dex it also:

"It is known to drift on winds if it is bloated to bursting with stored electricity."

Or something.

I do find it odd how Lance looks younger than he did in episode 3 where it was set in Gen 1. Since Gen 2 was 3 years after the events in Kanto IIRC.

I love how they made Dragonite even more awesome, its expressions and actions throughout this episode made me took this "derpy" looking Pokemon seriously.

Also what was up with the Team Rocket group's walking postures when they cornered Lance around the 1:30 mark? They look like they are marionettes or something.

Edited by Rend Keaven

I do find it odd how Lance looks younger than he did in episode 3 where it was set in Gen 1. Since Gen 2 was 3 years after the events in Kanto IIRC.

I love how they made Dragonite even more awesome, its expressions and actions throughout this episode made me took this "derpy" looking Pokemon seriously.

Also what was up with the Team Rocket group's walking postures when they cornered Lance around the 1:30 mark? They look like they are marionettes or something.

GameXplain's discussion talked about that walk for 1-2 minutes. It was actually kinda funny.

It's also a "can't unsee" thing...

This was pretty nice! My only disappointment was hardly any spotlight for Ethan. He didn't even have one line and barely appeared at all.

I don't think they're really going to be showing off the protagonists themselves much. Notice how both Red and Ethan, when they appeared in their respective episodes, always had their faces hidden in shadow and focus was on someone else (in order: Pikachu, Looker, Blue/Green and Lance).

It's an interesting design choice, I think. As much as I love the "Freeze you solid" line Ghetsis has in BW2, or whatever, this lets us see more new perspectives.