Optimized Tank Kana?

breloominati

Oi, so I'm trying to build a tanky dragon kana for PVP, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I'm currently playing through with +def boon, -luck bane and I'm trying to decide which character I should marry. I planning on marrying either Effie (who I preferably want to marry) or Velouria with Effie has her mother.

I'm up for any suggestions outside of what I'm planning, so give me whatcha got. :t:

Dragonstone is based off of Magic in this game, so a mother like Orochi!Ophelia with +Def -Spd asset/flaw combo and Knight talent for Wary Fighter would work well.

Some other good skills for a Dragonstone build:

-Heartseeker (DS is locked to 1 range, so it's pretty much just a free +20 Hit)

-Aggressor (to help with the OHKO's)

-Quick Draw (Stacks with Aggressor)

-Draconic Hex (If OHKO fails this pretty much ensures that another unit can clean up the mess afterwards)

-Renewal (Stacks with Kanna's Personal)

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

Dragonstone is based off of Magic in this game, so a mother like Orochi!Ophelia with +Def -Spd asset/flaw combo and Knight talent for Wary Fighter would work well.

Some other good skills for a Dragonstone build:

-Heartseeker (DS is locked to 1 range, so it's pretty much just a free +20 Hit)

-Aggressor (to help with the OHKO's)

-Quick Draw (Stacks with Aggressor)

-Draconic Hex (If OHKO fails this pretty much ensures that another unit can clean up the mess afterwards)

-Renewal (Stacks with Kanna's Personal)

Magic does make sense for dragon stone, but I want to go complete tank, I'm talking unkillable. Offensive capabilities are second priority. I'm pairing Kana with Ignatus that has trigger skills for nohrian trust. On Kana:

-better odds

-better evens

-renewal

-nohrian trust

-???

Idk for the 5th skill slot. I'm thinking miracle, but I'm not sure.

Play as a female avatar with +DEF/-SPD or +DEF/-LCK and Dragon talent in Revelation route. Have her marry Rinkah-mothered Ignatius.

Hoshido Noble is preferred because of the class having higher DEF and LCK stats when compared to the Nohr Noble class.

Skills:

-Renewal (skill buying required)

-Even Better (skill buying required)

-Better Odds (skill buying required)

-Wary Fighter, Swordbreaker, Tomebreaker, Veteran's Intuition, HP +5, or Hoshidan Unity

-Nohrian Trust

This male Kana should marry Orochi-mothered Caeldori, who gets the Wyvern Rider line from Partner Seal due to female avatar having Dragon talent for good Pair-up bonuses as a Malig Knight.

Skills:

-Sol (skill buying required)

-Aether (skill scroll or spend time as a Great Lord)

-Pavise (skill buying required)

-Aegis (skill buying required)

-Miracle (skill buying required)

This set up is to make Kana bulky and heal a lot -- he gets a massive +10 DEF and a good +4 RES mods. Orochi!Caeldori gives +2 DEF, +1 SKL, +1 MAG, and +1 RES for S-support bonuses, which are then combined with +2 MAG, +2 DEF, +2 RES, and +1 Movement bonuses from the Malig Knight class while acting as the supporting unit in Guard Stance.

Total pair-up bonuses from Orochi!Caeldori as a Malig Knight:

+3 MAG

+1 SKL

+4 DEF

+3 RES

+1 MOV

Wary Fighter is an option since Dragonstone Kana can't double at all and can help alleviate the speed issue if going with the SPD bane. Swordbreaker is there if you really hate Wyrmslayers and the Falchions. Tomebreaker is there if you really hate Dragon Spirit scrolls. Veteran's Intuition is an option if you're worried about Kana being slammed by a crit, especially with LCK bane. HP +5 is only there if you want Kana to go into battle with 65-70 HP cap rather than 60-65 HP cap (depends on usage of HP/Rainbow Tonic). Hoshidan Unity is if you want Kana to make Caeldori an overachieving support bot.

You'd want to set up DEF, RES, and LCK statues and perhaps MAG, SPD, and/or SKL statues if you have room.

Overall, it's a gimmicky setup since you're devoting 2 units to pull this off, but it might be fun to use!

Edited by Roflolxp54

Play as a female avatar with +DEF/-SPD or +DEF/-LCK and Dragon talent in Revelation route. Have her marry Rinkah-mothered Ignatius.

Hoshido Noble is preferred because of the class having higher DEF and LCK stats when compared to the Nohr Noble class.

Skills:

-Renewal (skill buying required)

-Even Better (skill buying required)

-Better Odds (skill buying required)

-Wary Fighter, Swordbreaker, Tomebreaker, Veteran's Intuition, HP +5, or Hoshidan Unity

-Nohrian Trust

This male Kana should marry Orochi-mothered Caeldori, who gets the Wyvern Rider line from Partner Seal due to female avatar having Dragon talent for good Pair-up bonuses as a Malig Knight.

Skills:

-Sol (skill buying required)

-Aether (skill scroll or spend time as a Great Lord)

-Pavise (skill buying required)

-Aegis (skill buying required)

-Miracle (skill buying required)

This set up is to make Kana bulky and heal a lot -- he gets a massive +10 DEF and a good +4 RES mods. Orochi!Caeldori gives +2 DEF, +1 SKL, +1 MAG, and +1 RES for S-support bonuses, which are then combined with +2 MAG, +2 DEF, +2 RES, and +1 Movement bonuses from the Malig Knight class while acting as the supporting unit in Guard Stance.

Total pair-up bonuses from Orochi!Caeldori as a Malig Knight:

+3 MAG

+1 SKL

+4 DEF

+3 RES

+1 MOV

Wary Fighter is an option since Dragonstone Kana can't double at all and can help alleviate the speed issue if going with the SPD bane. Swordbreaker is there if you really hate Wyrmslayers and the Falchions. Tomebreaker is there if you really hate Dragon Spirit scrolls. Veteran's Intuition is an option if you're worried about Kana being slammed by a crit, especially with LCK bane. HP +5 is only there if you want Kana to go into battle with 65-70 HP cap rather than 60-65 HP cap (depends on usage of HP/Rainbow Tonic). Hoshidan Unity is if you want Kana to make Caeldori an overachieving support bot.

You'd want to set up DEF, RES, and LCK statues and perhaps MAG, SPD, and/or SKL statues if you have room.

Overall, it's a gimmicky setup since you're devoting 2 units to pull this off, but it might be fun to use!

Thanks, that works perfectly. I'm literally half way through my current play through with a male corrin which is devastating, but I'll make this build on another save file.