Can I get a list of who dies in the plot?

PelicanOfDeath

well these people really only die if you don't choose thier route.

anyways for Conquest the death counts are like

Ryouma

Takumi

Saizo

Kagerou

Hinata

Orobo

Orochi

Reika

Kaden

Scarlet.(also dies in third route)

For Birthright we have

Xander

Elise

Arthur and Elise (if you don't talk to them)

Laslow and Peri (if you don't clear the map fast enough)

Benny

Charolette

Keaton

Misc third route stuff

Izana (he lives in the other two)

please correct me if i missed anyone.

I think its heavily implied that Gunter died in Birthright...

Isn't it implied that he was possessed in all routes, because that was the sole reason Hans was ordered to knock him down there? Why would he be killed when the commander of all the hostiles in Valla is possessing him?

Isn't it implied that he was possessed in all routes, because that was the sole reason Hans was ordered to knock him down there? Why would he be killed when the commander of all the hostiles in Valla is possessing him?

[spoiler=Story spoilers in each route]

It's more that Takumi is possessed in Conquest while Gunter, thanks to Azura, was able to avoid being killed. Azura also fails to detect the possession on Takumi until it was very well too late.

In Birthright, Takumi fell into the Bottomless Canyon and got possessed but Azura removed Anankos's influence over him early on. Gunter is assumed dead or otherwise trapped in Valla.

In Revelation, Takumi was held captive in Izumo and got rescued early on. Plus, Gunter's appearance was a little too convenient in Chapter 7. But yeah, it's in this route where it's clear that Gunter's fall into the Bottomless Canyon was arranged so Anankos can possess him.

Edited by Roflolxp54

[spoiler=Story spoilers in each route]

In Revelation, Takumi was held captive in Izumo and got rescued early on. Plus, Gunter's appearance was a little too convenient in Chapter 7. But yeah, it's in this route where it's clear that Gunter's fall into the Bottomless Canyon was arranged so Anankos can possess him.

But if that was the entire point of knocking him down there, and this happens before the branch of fate, and Gunter is already possessed as early as Revelation chapter 7, then why on earth does it make any sense to believe he's not possessed in any other route?

But if that was the entire point of knocking him down there, and this happens before the branch of fate, and Gunter is already possessed as early as Revelation chapter 7, then why on earth does it make any sense to believe he's not possessed in any other route?

Because Fates' story isn't very well written and there are tons of inconsistencies between the routes?

Like how in Birthright and Conquest Xander and Leo absolutely refuse to believe that Garon is evil until they see that he's been replaced by a monster, but in Revelation they decide to defect to Corrin's side as soon as they see Garon cackling to himself.

please correct me if i missed anyone.

Azura dies at the end of Birthright and Conquest, but it's pure endgame story stuff so if you avoided mentioning it on purpose, I understand.

You can also avoid killing Oboro and Hinata if you just clear the map quickly by pairing up a flyer and going straight to Takumi. Not sure if that's recommended gameplay-wise, though.

On normal mode, you only have to kill either Saizo or Kagero to gain access to the Dragon Vein that helps you beat chapter 25. Hard and lunatic mode require you to kill them both, though.

Hana and Subaki are implied to being brutally murdered offscreen by Hans, just like Scarlet was.

Conquest also lets you kill Shura via decision.

Because in Revelations it says that there is time passing between chapters 6 and 7? It could be enough time for Gunter to be possessed.

Takumi's, Ryoma's and Xander's retainers are all optional to kill. Oboro is pretty likely, but not guaranteed, to die gameplay-wise, but Saizo, Kagero and Hinata can be skipped by having Corrin win the duel (doable even with 1/4 damage) and flying over the canyon respectively. And Birthright!Xander is more or less a free 1-turn kill.

Edited by Gradivus.

Azura probably gets to a lake more quickly to help Gunter out in Revelation/Conquest.

Yes, but the question is whether or not he gets possessed, not whether or not Azura finds him. The plan was to possess him all along, so it would make absolutely no sense for a possessed Gunter to be killed unless it was decided that he had outlived his usefulness or something, and since I don't think his ultimate purpose was ever made very clear, I don't think we can say for sure that that's what happened.

We probably can't know if Gunter dies in Birthright, yeah, he's probably either possessed and alive or normally alive. Birthright doesn't mention Gunter at all I think.

Because Takumi is a much juicier target for possession than Gunter, and that is something that wasn't planned by Anankos. Takumi falls into the Bottomless Canyon while engaging Nohrian troops in Birthright and Conquest. In Revelation, both the Hoshidans and the Nohrians retreat from the frontlines due to Corrin disrupting the initial battle by taking out the forward commander of each side in Ch. 6, thus Takumi isn't thrown into the Bottomless Canyon in the subsequent battle.

man i forgot about those people, thanks guys.

Because Takumi is a much juicier target for possession than Gunter, and that is something that wasn't planned by Anankos. Takumi falls into the Bottomless Canyon while engaging Nohrian troops in Birthright and Conquest. In Revelation, both the Hoshidans and the Nohrians retreat from the frontlines due to Corrin disrupting the initial battle by taking out the forward commander of each side in Ch. 6, thus Takumi isn't thrown into the Bottomless Canyon in the subsequent battle.

also i forgot about this, nice little detail.

Reika

Dang it man, your typos made me double take.

Reika is the name of my female MU, since it's an actual Japanese name for a female.

It took me a second to realize you were referring to Yuugiri/Reina.

On normal mode, you only have to kill either Saizo or Kagero to gain access to the Dragon Vein that helps you beat chapter 25. Hard and lunatic mode require you to kill them both, though.

Hana and Subaki are implied to being brutally murdered offscreen by Hans, just like Scarlet was.

Conquest also lets you kill Shura via decision.

Normal Mode Conquest no grind DLC, only Kanna's paralogue, my lv 18 Kamui was able to take on Ryouma without anyone else moving or dying.

...granted, that's only Normal mode, though.

Aqua/Azura dies on the non-DLC route like people have said above.

I think considering the nature of this thread, spoilers are fair game. Even endgame spoilers.

Edited by shadowofchaos

^It's unlikely that Corrin can't kill Ryoma, even on Lunatic, if they use a killer or brave weapon. The damage Ryoma deals is quartered aswell, so survival tends to be easy.