I actually felt sorry for Florina in...

ReyVGM

okay, now I really need to see this.

Dark Knight Hector will haunt our wildest dreams.

Are they referring to when Hector says he senses Raven wanting to kill him at the beginning?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they referring to when Hector says he senses Raven wanting to kill him at the beginning?

Yep.

I'd think a more telling evidence is his prophetic dream. The one he tells Eliwood about in his supports.

I didn't actually think about that. Hm...

That was just a call back to FE 6. Everyone that play that game already knew Hector's fate.

Florina/Lyn is the only natural romance for her. :P She even gives Lyn a kiss at the end of Lyn mode and says I love you. Come on, what more do you need?

There were a ton of people who played FE7 for the first time who had no idea what happened to Hector. Back in 2003, before there were really big FE communities online, I had no idea what happened to any of these guys in FE6. Heck, I still had dial-up internet back then, and couldn't stay on very long, because then we couldn't get phone calls.

I thought that was a hug Florina gave her... And I've seen women who are just friends tell each other they love one another even when at least one of said women is married to someone else. My mom's told her friends she loves them. :P

That was just a call back to FE 6. Everyone that play that game already knew Hector's fate.

Call back to the previous game is only the out-game explanation, though. In-game, is a whole different thing altogether.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I thought that was a hug Florina gave her... And I've seen women who are just friends tell each other they love one another even when at least one of said women is married to someone else. My mom's told her friends she loves them. :P

That was just a tongue in cheek joke. lol But hey, the shipping exists.

Call back to the previous game is only the out-game explanation, though. In-game, is a whole different thing altogether.

I doubt there is an in game explanation. I'm pretty sure Hector having a premonition of his future is just a reference to his fate in FE 6 and doesn't mean he has some latent magical ability. Of course, I'd enjoy Hector being an axe and tome user but somethings will remain fantasy.

I doubt there is an in game explanation. I'm pretty sure Hector having a premonition of his future is just a reference to his fate in FE 6 and doesn't mean he has some latent magical ability. Of course, I'd enjoy Hector being an axe and tome user but somethings will remain fantasy.

The thing is though, reference to Binding Blade or not, it doesn't change the fact he still had that dream. When you consider that Roy and Lilina appear anyway at the end of the game, it becomes less of a reason for the writers to put the dream there if it really doesn't mean anything beyond a reference to the other game.

Or wait, are you just referring to the sensing Raven thing, and not the dream? Or you actually meant both that and the dream?

I think its all reading too much into the game. it can't be anything more than a reference to his death in FE 6 because its highly unlikely theres going to be a sequel to elaborate on this. At worst, its a dandling plot thread that never gets resolved which is why I prefer thinking of it as just a throw away reference.

Also, Hector has a knack for spotting hidden people. He does it in ch 11 by noticing the assassin sneaking up on him. and again in ch13 by seeing the boss spying on him.

Edited by wissenschaft

• 2 weeks later...

I think its all reading too much into the game. it can't be anything more than a reference to his death in FE 6 because its highly unlikely theres going to be a sequel to elaborate on this. At worst, its a dandling plot thread that never gets resolved which is why I prefer thinking of it as just a throw away reference.

Also, Hector has a knack for spotting hidden people. He does it in ch 11 by noticing the assassin sneaking up on him. and again in ch13 by seeing the boss spying on him.

To be fair, it still works on the account that it shows Lilina has magic as well and outside of a NPC, none of their mother's are magic users. It could be one of those things where he could have been a magic user, but instead chose to use the axe.

Hector as a magic user with high Def but low Res and Spd could have made him a really interesting unit tbh. Basically the inverse of what most GBA mages are.

That said, there's no real way to tell how high Hector, Florina, Farina, and Lyn's magic stats would be because GBA didn't split Magic from Strength (which tbh I think was a good choice, units normally rely on one or the other anyway).

Maybe Florina had an inner Staff-Falcoknight or something.

I always thought Florina should've been able to support and marry Kent. Kent seems just like the kind of guy she'd quickly become comfortable around with how polite and respectful he is. He'd give her the space she needs until she's more comfortable, and I'm not sure I see many other guys in the army doing the same.

And since I already ship Sain x Fiora as well, in-laws! ^^

Nah, Kent should die alone while Sain lives a happy life with his wife.

Florina may not be my favorite character, but no one deserves to be completely ruined by the worst FE7 character (given how awfull Sain x Fiora was, I shudder what it would have lead to...)

​Lowen x Florina, now that would have been interresting. Always ready to share his snack with her no matter where she is or what happens. :wub:

Isn't that what love is all about ?

Nah, Kent should die alone while Sain lives a happy life with his wife.

Florina may not be my favorite character, but no one deserves to be completely ruined by the worst FE7 character (given how awfull Sain x Fiora was, I shudder what it would have lead to...)

​Lowen x Florina, now that would have been interresting. Always ready to share his snack with her no matter where she is or what happens. :wub:

Isn't that what love is all about ?

Um, okay... I'm not the biggest Kent fan either, but I'm a big Sain x Fiora fan and even wrote a family centered fic about them and Kent. >.>

Edited by Anacybele

Um, okay... I'm not the biggest Kent fan either, but I'm a big Sain x Fiora fan and even wrote a family centered fic about them and Kent. >.>

Oops, I meant Kent X Fiora, not Sain X Fiora.

Kent X Fiora is absolutely terrible in every way, and a big part of my reason for hating Kent.

Sain X Fiora was great, since they have pretty good dynamics with each other.

I like Kent x Fiora support-wise (the irony is so funny), but not as a couple at all. They're just...I don't know, I think they're a little TOO similar. I have the same issue with Frederick and Miriel in Awakening, with both of them having serious-type and analytical personalities, it just doesn't make for anything interesting. Kent and Fiora are similar to one another as well and they just don't make anything interesting happen between them. This is just my opinion.

Sain x Fiora had Fiora nursing Sain back to health, Sain trying to prove that he can seriously love a woman, and Fiora saying a really clever line at the end of the A support (this clutched the pairing for me, really lol).

Oops, I meant Kent X Fiora, not Sain X Fiora.

Kent X Fiora is absolutely terrible in every way, and a big part of my reason for hating Kent.

Sain X Fiora was great, since they have pretty good dynamics with each other.

What's so bad about Kent x Fiona? I think it's funny that they meet to find a way to keep the men and women from fraternizing too much, and it leads to them having sex, then acting awkward around each other the next support.

I find Kent fits Fiora better than Sain, even romantically. Farina even lampshades it. And it would have been fun to see Sain and Florina have a support conversation at all. Even giving more insight to why she's shy like she is. (Seriously. The only instance that touches on why doesn't even come from Florina herself. It comes from Fiora. And even then, it's only a possibility and not a certainty.)

Maybe it's because I relate the most with Fiora and the fact that overly extroverted guys like Sain make me a bit uncomfortable, but I like to ship Kent and Fiora.

What's so bad about Kent x Fiona? I think it's funny that they meet to find a way to keep the men and women from fraternizing too much, and it leads to them having sex, then acting awkward around each other the next support.

Where does the support say they have sex? I've read it, and I don't recall that at all. o.O And it's Fiora, not Fiona. Fiona is a Tellius character.

But yeah, I'll always be Team Sain x Fiora, sry. xP

Edited by Anacybele

It's probably an assumption based on how the dialogue is set up. Which, I can't blame her for assuming so.

I just read it again, and yeah, they're awkward in the A support but I definitely think they realized the irony and sorta hypocrisy they just committed rather than having sex. Both seem far too reserved to just jump into sex that fast.

I just read it again, and yeah, they're awkward in the A support but I definitely think they realized the irony and sorta hypocrisy they just committed rather than having sex. Both seem far too reserved to just jump into sex that fast.

You don't even think they go right into it with the way Fiora says "Perhaps... It can wait..."?

They may have just kissed, but I think something romantic happened there.

I think my phone autocorrected Fiora to Fiona, and I didn't catch it.

On a related note, Augestein, if you pair Hector with Florina and Eliwood with Fiora, that would make Roy and Lilina kissing cousins.