Favorite Cipher(only) Artists?

Draxal

Now that we are almost through six sets. I would like to have a quick discussion on your favorite TCG artists.

I WANT to focus on other artists besides toi8, Daisuke Izuka, Sachiko Wada, Senri Kita, Eiji Kaneda, and Yusuke Kozaki from this discussion as they all have major contributions to Fire Emblem proper (Manga/fanbook artists like Rika Suzuki and Kotarou Yamada are fine to include as their work is less known to the west) However, feel free to focus on your favorite artist even if they're one of the six mentioned.

For me,

1. Haccan used to have this place, but right now it belongs to Fuzichoco. Style is just really soft and pleasant, really make the main female leads stick out.

[232px-B04-063SR.png250px-B06-004.jpg

2. Haccan - I just love the style, but i haven't seen much recent work recently.

232px-B01-038R.png232px-B01-021HN.png

3. Nnekor. Soren is the best art in the game imho.

232px-B06-035.png232px-B05-091N.png

Fuzichoco for me. S1 Tiki, S3 Mist, and S4 Lucina were all some of my favourite card arts even before I realized they were all done by the same person. Mayo is also pretty high tier for me; some of their art is hit or miss, but when they're good, they're very good (Caeda S1, Minerva S4, Sue & Lando S5)

I would have to place HACCAN as number 1 for me. I think he's shown remarkable skill in illustrating a broad range of characters, whereas most of the illustrators seem to only do a certain niche. It's too bad he hasn't contributed any new art since series 3, hopefully he'll surface again soon.

I would rank ZIS a close second. I find his art really brings out the coolness of his subjects in a way that none of the other illustrators do.

B04-048SR_SAMPLE.pngP02-010PR_SAMPLE.png

Finally, I would give third to Azusa. She really does a lot of nice work for the more rugged looking characters, and that's a niche that's incredibly under served in Cipher.

S01-003ST_SAMPLE.pngS07-003STplus_SAMPLE.png

Hmmm It's hard to think of Cipher-only Artists, since I really don't know the jap artists scene that closely. But I must agree, HACCAN is definitely a Highlight

vaDzq2F.png

D93QsNL.jpg

I know he's not a Cipher exclusive, but if you allow me, Raita Kazama really eclipses the competence

Yw7d7sv.png

Edited by SalShich10N

I'm going to have to go with Hakoda Maki, the artist for the manga of the original Fire Emblem as my favorite. So she doesn't count as Cipher exclusive but she hasn't really drawn for the series in over 10 years. One of these reasons is because, in my personal opinion, I feel that she's the only artist who can catch Marth's character perfectly in terms of youthfulness and regalness. That, and I feel that her overall artstyle works well with Fire Emblem

image.png

tumblr_oa7tx1jPL31uyevhqo1_500.jpg

I think it's pretty amazing seeing how her art has improved over the years too. Her art now is slightly different from how she drew back then, but there's still something about it that that once you see it, you'll know who it's by.

tumblr_o9c83aDmKh1uyevhqo1_400.jpg