Map Pack 3?

Sai1523

So has there been any word on when the new festival DLC is coming to NA or if it even will be translated and released? I'm dying to see the interactions and we are getting very close to October people. I'm sure there should have been some word of it by now.

Unfortunately, no. We did not even get any confirmation that it was currently translated. We'll have to wait and see I guess. But I think we probably won't get it.

with the way things are going.. would anyone even want to touch Treehouse translations? they do a worse job than... *queue dramatic background music during a dim lighting close up*... 4kids animation.

with the way things are going.. would anyone even want to touch Treehouse translations? they do a worse job than... *queue dramatic background music during a dim lighting close up*... 4kids animation.

The fact that some people think that Fates' localization and 4Kids' treatment of shows like One Piece are even in the same ballpark of disrespect to the original product is absolutely mind boggling. In terms of overall content in the base games, we lost a touch screen feature to My Room. That's it. We didn't lose entire arcs of each games plot, we didn't replace Swords with nerf bats, we didn't replace the main theme of the game with an out of place rap. Seriously, nothing in Fates' localization is dramatically different from what we've seen in other entries. Hell, Path of Radiance lost it's Maniac Difficulty and had it replaced with an EASIER DIFFICULTY. I think that's more insulting than the removal of face rubbing personally. Sure, things are worded differently and some Support conversations did change a bit, but that's nothing that other FE Game localizations didn't do. Hell, English and Japanese Gregor are effectively 2 different characters. Fates' localization isn't perfect, but saying it's 4kids tier is just simply incorrect.

Sorry for the rant, but good god. On topic, I'd hold out until October before giving up hope on the pack being released.

Edited by Avalanche

But I think we probably won't get it.

How could you say such a thing? I don't mean to be dramatic, but, while the game's localization may not be perfect, it has still proven to be profitable. I don't see why in hell they could ever pass up this opportunity. I still have hope that it's coming, maybe for NA and EU at the same time, which if that were the case, could be a very long time considering the main game came out in EU almost a year after Japan.

Or maybe I'm just more patient than you guys. There are fan translations of many of the conversations online, as well as the artwork (that I don't even care for much), and the Lodestar and Great Lord classes aren't among my favorites so by chance I'm wrong and we never get this DLC, it will not be the end of the world for me. But I am planning to buy it if it does.

How could you say such a thing? I don't mean to be dramatic, but, while the game's localization may not be perfect, it has still proven to be profitable. I don't see why in hell they could ever pass up this opportunity. I still have hope that it's coming, maybe for NA and EU at the same time, which if that were the case, could be a very long time considering the main game came out in EU almost a year after Japan.

Or maybe I'm just more patient than you guys. There are fan translations of many of the conversations online, as well as the artwork (that I don't even care for much), and the Lodestar and Great Lord classes aren't among my favorites so by chance I'm wrong and we never get this DLC, it will not be the end of the world for me. But I am planning to buy it if it does.

I already explained it in another topic, it's not a matter of localization. I'm not into manga culture at all, so I'm glad the localization made the game more likeable to me. The problem is that we have no proof that it's currently under development, and the more NoA waits, the less they'll get money from it, because a lot of persons already moved on and will not know that it's been released. I think that the lack of informations until now (they could show screenshots) and the notification we received on the 3DS (at least in Europe) show that there's nothing in preparation. Which would not be a bad thing imho if we could get infinite Exalt/Hero's Brand, because this kind of DLC is just fanservice, and often not written by the same person than the actual game. The characters seem different. Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Was the rant neccessary? You were replying to a forum troll who doesn't know how to use ellipsis.

Probably not, but I at least have a go to copy pasta if the topic ever gets brought up in a serious light.