Ninja Birthright! (Hard/Casual) - in progress

BANRYU

All right, Chapter 20 and Asugi's Paralogue are down. As always, some highlights:

- went on a small reclassing spree. Current irregular classes are as follows: Azura -> Witch, Azama -> Kinshi, Kagero + Shiro -> Basara, Kaze -> Swordmaster, Silas -> Master Ninja, and Jakob -> Strategist (because I decided Inspiration is probably a better inheritance skill than Tomebreaker, and his only purpose is to heal anyway so might as well). Getting to the point where most people are dipping into other classes for skills, or getting ready to enter their final class.

- Saizo is quickly emerging as one of my strongest units, haha. He's insanely well balanced and trumps a number of my other swordmasters/ninjas in various stats, including being better than Silas at literally everything at the same level, having more Strength than Ryoma (pre-Raijinto boost), and better defense by far than any of the other ninjas. The only stats he lags behind others in are Speed (most of the other ninjas, though a Practice Katana fixes that easily), and Resistance (though not by enough to matter). IDK if he's always this good (I didn't use him on my first Birthright run), but DAYUM I was missing out.

- Highly considering switching Rhajat's husbando from Shiro to Hisame, since I'm thinking Seal Strength might be more useful to Rhajat (and possibly the rest of the army) than Seal Def, since ninjas are pretty squishy anyway (also I like their supports better so far lol)

- Reina and Rinkah can be effectively considered ditched at this point. RIP Rinkah, I wanted to use you, but it wasn't meant to be.

Edited by BANRYU

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I'm up to chapter 23 at this point, sort of been losing interest a bit (haven't played in a few days) so this can probably be considered a state of temporary hiatus until the mood strikes me to finish up. Uhh... let's see.... what's been noteworthy...

- The Master Seal shortage is over; all units who wanted to promote have done so, and now we have a seal surplus. lol.

- I don't think I mentioned anything about Shiro yet, but he's proven to be really strong hahaha. My worries about him were totally unfounded, here's hoping he does close to as well as a ninja as he's doing as a Basara right now. Since he already has Astra and Rend Heaven, I'm really leaning toward grabbing Quixotic, maybe just to have the option available. He'll definitely need Arms scrolls, but I think he'll be all right with maybe just one or two.

- sent Takumi through Basara to grab Rend Heaven for himself and Kiragi as well, he'll be grabbing it and swapping back mid-23. Takumi is already good but Rend Heaven pushes him into OP territory in my experience hahaha.

- more class swaps: MU, Azama, and Kagero all -> Mechanist for now, Azura is Songstress again (now with Warp)

- Um... I can't remember anything else and my 3DS is currently in the room with my sleeping child so that'll have to be it I guess?

Oh well I guess there is one more little thing... I've been collecting certain accessories for the characters' "uniforms" lol. Planned uniforms right now are trainee garb (dudes) / giant haircomb (ladies) / maybe Oni mask for mechanists....? + ninja mask + battle flag (ninjas) / medicine trunk (mechanists). Saizo gets an eyepatch in place of the ninja mask bc christ dude, cover that $#!7 up if your eye don't work anyway.

If anyone wants to donate Battle Flags or Bath Towels (should have plenty of the other stuff), my CC is in my sig lol.

OKAY. It has been quite some time, but I finally have an update / status report for this... Currently progressing through Chapter 25 (always seems to be the hump for me in these runs lol), and I've gone and grabbed most of the kids, and made the decision to skip Selkie and Shigure entirely for the time being. Some relevant info:

- most if not all units are in their final classes now, and thus the stronger units have emerged and I've started to focus my attention on them. Among the units being ditched are Ryoma (weaker than most of my Master Ninjas in almost all aspects, even with the Raijinto boost lmao), Felicia!Kana (worst offenses of all the children units at equivalent levels, and probably the worst Kana I've ever had lol), Kaze (his offenses lagging behind-- as they always do =__=), and Sakura! Asugi + Mozu!Dwyer (mixed/magic offenses and not strong enough in either). Hisame and Kagero are kind of on the borderline of being used or not due to their mehh stats and not-so-great skills in Hisame's case. Could still make something of them possibly.

- The only units proving to be magically adept so far are Sakura@Mechanist w/ a Shining Bow and Rhajat with her Flame Shurikens.

- Sophie also wound up being quite strong, and Silas is proving to make a pretty good Ninja as well actually.

- Kagero!Mitama looks pretty strong (and actually has much better magic than I'd have expected), but I haven't really had much chance to see how she performs yet. So far I think it's mostly like Azama (strong but inaccurate).

- Midori seems pretty good as always; Hana as her mom seemed to do her pretty good, so I'm overall happy with my decisions to shuffle the pairings around to Kaze x Hana, Silas x Hinoka, and Jakob x Mozu (though no one in the lattermost family is being used lol).

- Takumi@Mechanist is proving to be surprisingly disappointing, actually... aside from being offensively my weakest Mechanist (I think he got RNG screwed in that regard), I'm realizing that the Fujin Yumi's movement benefits are lost on a mounted unit, sadly... Starting to feel like this is a waste of his talents, will probably just use Kiragi (Setsuna balanced out a lot of problematic stats on Takumi's end, most notably Speed, so that's nice).

Now... I actually want some more input before I go any further with this run. As it stands, I actually have enough Master Ninjas to make an endgame party entirely out of them. The question is, should I revoke the Mechanist clause and go all Master Ninjas for endgame? Or continue playing as is and keep the Mechanists around? I lose a couple of pretty solid units this way (most notably Azama, Mitama, Midori, and Sakura), but the notion of JUST ninjas going into endgame is pretty exciting haha. And it might be more of an interesting challenge that way.

So what do y'all think, continue as is, or maximum ninja style?

• 1 year later...