Who's your favorite between Harken and Raven (FE7)?

OliKad

What's your choice?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one!

• Harken!
    • Raven!
    • Both are equal for me.

I'll go with Raven.

Earlier and easier to get, growth unit bias, more likely to use units he supports with too. Harken has Eli and Lowen (No guarantees on Lowen), while the only one of Raven's supports I'd be unlikely to use is Wil.

Harken has a lot of benefits including con, especially in Hard mode.

They're both pretty equal for me. Raven comes earlier and generally turns out to be a great unit, but Harken comes just as good and he comes with a great sword.

Yeah. This pretty much.

Raven usually turns out solid for me, but even when I don't use him and try out Harken. Harken has always been beastly for me.

I prefer Raven myself since I definitely have a personal bias towards growth units. Also I never really plan my runs good enough to guarantee getting either Harken or Karel because I'm lazy. >_>

Raven because he carried my HHM Ironman while Harken was just like "sup bro, I heard 90% of your good units died so I'm here to make sure that beating the game is actually possible".

I prefer Raven myself since I definitely have a personal bias towards growth units. Also I never really plan my runs good enough to guarantee getting either Harken or Karel because I'm lazy. >_>
You can get either of them on either of the maps, though.
Edited by Refa

You can get either of them on either of the maps, though.

There are still requirements on each of the separate maps, though, to see which one you'll get. :P

Yeah, that's true. I don't think it really requires any planning, though, it's just stuff like DON'T OPEN TOO MANY DOORS or DON'T KILL TOO MANY PROMOTED UNITS.

That's still planning, especially when I can't be arsed to remember what the requirements are. :U Did I mention that I'm a super lazy FE player? I'm a super lazy FE player.

Huh. I thought the results would be much more even :/

I voted Harken, because it's actually true that Raven can easily get RNG screwed, at least in my experiences...

Raven's fairly RNG-resistant for an unpromoted PC (that's a big caveat, I know), especially on HHM. A Raven who never gains speed ever is only 1-2 points behind Harken after he promotes, that's how silly his bases are for his level. Both are great, of course, but if you make me choose I'm going to go with Raven with his stats and availability.

I thought that this thread was Karel X Harken,but I will answer

I am one of those people who don't care about support bonuses,and tend to choose a character over another because of their personality,but both are pretty equeal,Harken comes with a better Axe Rank and Raven I don't like his personality and prefer using Guy as a unit(I know,that's probably the strangest thing that U're gonna hear today). I prefer swordmasters over Heroes so I will vote for Harken,because even if I tend to choose Karel he comes in a decent level and is instantly usable.

Raven, because, to this day, I still haven't figured out how to get either Karel or Harken and I still can't be assed to do so.

But, Raven never turned out bad for me. He was always taken to endgame in my playthroughs.

Edited by saisymbolic

Harken just because he comes in with the only Brave Sword you can get. Plus, he can get married but that's a lot of work but fun to do. I do like Raven since he tends to max out HP, Str, Skl and Spd unless RnG screws me over. But in the end, Harken for that Brave Sword.

• 2 months later...

You pretty much have to gimp yourself to get Harken without using Raven (and, depending on your opinion of Jerme's version of Pale Flower of Darkness, you might have to gimp yourself anyway), so I vote Raven.

I like Harken, but I like Raven more.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to use both because their stats are so different. Harken is more balanced and has higher con like a typical hero, but Raven always ends up having stats more similar to a swordmaster's. His were nearly identical to Guy's in my last play through. I happen to prefer Harken's character to Raven's, but Raven is the better unit combat wise so they are about equal to me.