Opinions on Wyrs

CatManThree

The only thing he's useful for in Shadow Dragon is a free Heal for Lena. I haven't played other games with him in it, so I have no comment on them.

FE 12 did a great job of making fun of the dude though.

He's okay, he's worse than Lena, but he's okay as a unit. He'll never be good with physical attributes but he can be an okay mage early on and be an okay filler healer.

Him and Bantu are probably the most useless units in the franchise.

Their growth rates are TERRIBLE!

Wyrs is so useless he was cut from book 1 of FE 3 and replaced with a vulnerary!

Him and Bantu are probably the most useless units in the franchise.

Their growth rates are TERRIBLE!

If it weren't for the fact that there is 10 chapters between Bantu and a weapon refill for him he might be better. As for Wrys, 2 chapters can really make the difference(Read: I still use Serra over Priscilla because of the fact that she comes at most 1 chapter before Priscilla, even though Priscilla has more move and better growths.)I also have used both Wrys and Lena just so I could split my party.

for Bantu: 25 atk at base ain't bad man, and 12 Def ain't either. That low 20 base HP doesn't do him any favors, and having a slightly below average speed is crippling on any higher difficulties. On lower modes, you can use just about anybody with much greater results.

For Wrys: He's a dude I want to use and just can't beyond like chapter 4. He can't even reclass to General. So sad...

Edited by Elieson

He did get a buff in FE 12 and actually for a while is pretty useful!

The only problem is that by that time you already have Malicia and she is

a pretty good healer. Adding Wyrs into the mix can sometimes take up

space for other units.

Edited by CatManThree

Another healer is a another healer. Don't care if his growth rates are bad or not. I would use him over Lena, but the game favors her due to hammerne staff..... but that reason doesn't stop me from using Yumina over Mallecia in FE 12... so... *shrugs shoulders*

I took him with me, and I'm very glad that I did

Nice memes.

Underrated. By no means great but he also isn't horrible. I mean healers are always welcome, and it's not like Lena has that great of a Mag growth anyway that makes her that much more amazing for healing. It's his base staff rank that needs some work because Lena can use Warp immediately and he can't. I'd use him over Maria because he's there so much earlier.

He's a humble priest. He cannot fight, but the staff he carries can heal your wounded. Take him with you, and you’ll be very glad you did.

In all seriousness, I haven't really tried reclassing him, but he seems like he was made to be a staffbot; a job he does just fine. His low growths mean he's likely to have a hard time keeping up with other, better staff-users you get later, though.

He and his method of introducing himself are a meme in Japan if I remember correctly, but he's decent. Not the greatest healer ever to exist, but he gets the job done til Lena appears.

The first two chapters would be more tedious without him!

He's a healer, and being able to heal makes a unit decent at the very least, and if I remember correctly, most of the healers in Shadow Dragon have pretty crappy growths, so he's not being outshined by that much.

I took him with me, and I'm very glad that I did

I was going to post this, if nobody else had first.

Wow, all the "take me with you and you'll be very glad you did" variations totally surprised.

I like to make him a Levin Swordmaster on Normal, but, on Hard and superior difficults, I use him just for the first two chapters and bench him when lena comes, since she is better than him

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

I used him as a mage once, and he actually became a decent power mage. Then I Promoted him, and reclassed him to a swordmaster. Best Levin Sword User ever.

I like the guy, and his usability as a mage should not be overshadowed by merric. Because eventually, Wrys too, can use the Excalibur in Shadow dragon/Heroes

(I gave him 1 speedwing, 1 Seraph robe, 1 energy drop, and 1 Bottle of Cocaine/Spirit dust. No shame.)

Edited by Lord Tullus